Why the rent is too damn high: The affordable housing crisis

PurpleOwl

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2016
free-market-capitalism-homeless-people-peopleless-homes-tent-city-foreclosed.jpg

Despite being the richest country in the world homelessness still effects 1.5 million Americans, yet America still has millions of unsold homes but that doesn't matter because in capitalism the market must create an artificial scarcity for whatever product its selling whether its jewelry, food or housing certain people have to go without in order to make it profitable for the landlords.

As wages remain stagnant not even keeping up with inflation for past 40 years, and housing prices and rent are soaring across the country. With more workers not being able to afford homes anymore and for the first time since 1880,18-34 year olds are more likely to live with their parents than any other arrangement.

Without a dramatic increase in funding for public housing homelessness will continue to rise in the worlds richest country

The state contributes to all these housing bubbles. Strictly speaking about regulations, and not even including the problem of excessive taxation.

The state also protects unusued land and buildings, pushing back citizens that would take it upon themselves to renovate and sustain them.

I managed to get mine for $550 an acre, put in my own water and sewer before the house was built with a portable saw mill...Easy as pie...

At any rate, I don't believe undeveloped land can legitimately be bought or sold. How can you slice up a piece of the earth and put a pricetag on it? It is insanity.

upload_2016-12-14_0-18-3.jpeg

Maybe if people concentrated on the necessities instead of their having a 50inch screen TV, 200 channels for their TV, the newest smart phone with the full coverage package, PlayStation 4 & XboxOne and every game, latest fashions in clothing, drugs, alcohol; along with raising taxes on those who do own homes, apartments, and businesses; etc,... they could afford to rent or buy a home?

*****SMILE*****

:)

Last edited:
I managed to get mine for $550 an acre, put in my own water and sewer before the house was built with a portable saw mill...Easy as pie...

At any rate, I don't believe undeveloped land can legitimately be bought or sold. How can you slice up a piece of the earth and put a pricetag on it? It is insanity.
It's been done for centuries, so there is a way...

View attachment 101980

Maybe if people concentrated on the necessities instead of their having a 50inch screen TV, 200 channels for their TV, the newest smart phone, PlayStation 4 & XboxOne, latest fashions in clothing, drugs, alcohol; along with raising taxes on those who do own homes, apartments, and businesses; etc,... they could afford to rent or buy a home?

*****SMILE*****

It's all about priorities...

Learn to built your own home, just think of all the money you'd save..

Only if it didn't cost so much to purchase undeveloped land.

More nonsense from the screw you I got mine crowd
There is land right next to mine, do you need someone to show you how it's done? Or is crying your only option?

View attachment 101980

Maybe if people concentrated on the necessities instead of their having a 50inch screen TV, 200 channels for their TV, the newest smart phone with the full coverage package, PlayStation 4 & XboxOne and every game, latest fashions in clothing, drugs, alcohol; along with raising taxes on those who do own homes, apartments, and businesses; etc,... they could afford to rent or buy a home?

*****SMILE*****

if people had more disposable income then they would just raise the rent, shelter is not a luxury

There is land right next to mine, do you need someone to show you how it's done? Or is crying your only option?
I have a home this is about other people

They can mosey on out here also....I used to do it for a living...But the majority of folks like to live in town..I can't stand to see someone from my window, door, porch...

They can mosey on out here also....I used to do it for a living...But the majority of folks like to live in town..I can't stand to see someone from my window, door, porch...
Obviously everyone in America cant move to the middle of nowhere and build their own house. So why are you even bringing it up?

The state contributes to all these housing bubbles. Strictly speaking about regulations, and not even including the problem of excessive taxation.

The state also protects unusued land and buildings, pushing back citizens that would take it upon themselves to renovate and sustain them.
yep. They fence us in in Australia because the majority of voters are home debtors.

It's disgusting and oppression of the not yet established (young and new to the country).

View attachment 101980

*****SMILE*****

Maybe if the government made homes more affordable instead of making luxury items more affordable, as they did in the 90s then saving for a house loan might seem within reach. As it is, most people look with depression at their last 20 at the end of the pay week and then opt for the bottle.

free-market-capitalism-homeless-people-peopleless-homes-tent-city-foreclosed.jpg

Despite being the richest country in the world homelessness still effects 1.5 million Americans, yet America still has millions of unsold homes but that doesn't matter because in capitalism the market must create an artificial scarcity for whatever product its selling whether its jewelry, food or housing certain people have to go without in order to make it profitable for the landlords.

As wages remain stagnant not even keeping up with inflation for past 40 years, and housing prices and rent are soaring across the country. With more workers not being able to afford homes anymore and for the first time since 1880,18-34 year olds are more likely to live with their parents than any other arrangement.

Without a dramatic increase in funding for public housing homelessness will continue to rise in the worlds richest country

How about you get a damned job and provide your own funding? When did it become my responsibility to put a roof over your damned head?

Look, twit! If your wages remain stagnant, it is because your skills and value remain stagnant. Get some training, learn a trade. Get a degree in a field where you can actually earn enough to pay your student loans. Your PHD in African American Studies will qualify you for a damned entry level position at Mickey D's Try Geology and get a job in the oil business. Get a degree in engineering and invent a product. Don't cry that you can't afford your loan payments. You're the fool that got a degree in a field that is worthless to society.

View attachment 101980

*****SMILE*****

Maybe if the government made homes more affordable instead of making luxury items more affordable, as they did in the 90s then saving for a house loan might seem within reach. As it is, most people look with depression at their last 20 at the end of the pay week and then opt for the bottle.

images

A $50,000 home is well within the price range of a young couple when the overall mortgage is around $400 a month with no money down, even if the couple are working for minimum wage. The key is having the skills to do the repairs themselves and not spend their money on things that are not necessities.

*****SMILE*****

How about you get a damned job and provide your own funding? When did it become my responsibility to put a roof over your damned head?

Look, twit! If your wages remain stagnant, it is because your skills and value remain stagnant. Get some training, learn a trade. Get a degree in a field where you can actually earn enough to pay your student loans. Your PHD in African American Studies will qualify you for a damned entry level position at Mickey D's Try Geology and get a job in the oil business. Get a degree in engineering and invent a product. Don't cry that you can't afford your loan payments. You're the fool that got a degree in a field that is worthless to society.

Is your plan is to yell at all the worlds poor people to just get a job? if everyone got a job in feilds you listed wages would go down.

I'm always amazed that people who claim we need to deport millions of people because they can't find a job are the same ones too complain about government interference

Forum List

Back