Why Was No One Armed & Shooting Back In El Paso WalMart ?

"Why Was No One Armed & Shooting Back In El Paso WalMart ?"

Because the whole point of having a government and laws, and police to enforce them, is so that we don't have to walk around armed in public.

"Why Was No One Armed & Shooting Back In El Paso WalMart ?"

Because the whole point of having a government and laws, and police to enforce them, is so that we don't have to walk around armed in public.
That would be dandy except the police have no legal obligation to come to the aid of anyone

They were in a Walmart

They could have stormed the Sporting Goods section and armed themselves with Bows and Arrows. Laying in hiding in the clothing racks they could have popped up and shot at him at close range

Or else they could have just ran

ITS BEST NOT TO ADVERTISE TO THE ENEMY AS TO YOUR ASSETS,,,,

i was just making a logical suggestion

and they are not stashed, they are strategically placed

you should hear my suggestions for home placement,,,

So you think someone will see your post on USMB, somehow recognize on the street, and try to circumvent your "assets" and still do you harm? Ok then.

As for the home placement, I have that covered. All in convenient places and each in a secure locked box.

my house is my locked box,,,anything else is sure death,,,

excuse me mister burglar can you wait a minute while I unlock my cute little box

My secure boxes have biometric locks. I can open it in less than 1 second. I also have a grandson that visits. So unsecured firearms are not going to be in my house.

and where is that box in respect to your front door???
how many seconds does it take you to get to it??

secured is a matter of perspective, on top of a cabinet would keep it from any child, and if that child is old enough he should be taught how to respect it and leave it alone, my kids were more than capable from the time they were 10 when they owned they first ones

my 3 step rule assures my familys survival,,,

It is accessible from where I usually sit and where my girlfriend sits if we are in the living room. The one in the kitchen is in a cupboard. And we each have our own in the nightstands in the bedroom.

To come up and to the front door, you have to walk in front of the living room window. We see our visitors before they are on the porch. Our dog lets us know when they are coming up the driveway.

famous last words,,I'm ready,,,

no good plan survives first contact,,,

So you think someone will see your post on USMB, somehow recognize on the street, and try to circumvent your "assets" and still do you harm? Ok then.

As for the home placement, I have that covered. All in convenient places and each in a secure locked box.

excuse me mister burglar can you wait a minute while I unlock my cute little box

My secure boxes have biometric locks. I can open it in less than 1 second. I also have a grandson that visits. So unsecured firearms are not going to be in my house.

secured is a matter of perspective, on top of a cabinet would keep it from any child, and if that child is old enough he should be taught how to respect it and leave it alone, my kids were more than capable from the time they were 10 when they owned they first ones

It is accessible from where I usually sit and where my girlfriend sits if we are in the living room. The one in the kitchen is in a cupboard. And we each have our own in the nightstands in the bedroom.

To come up and to the front door, you have to walk in front of the living room window. We see our visitors before they are on the porch. Our dog lets us know when they are coming up the driveway.

Our plan is good.

He was taken down but only after he had killed. You with a gun would not have prevented the shooting and that is the point, 9 dead and 27 wounded before he was stopped. At Walmart a man with a gun in a crowd, you do not know where the gunshots are coming from. By the time he was noticed the damaged was done.

Our plan is good.

like I said,,,

Our plan is good.

like I said,,,

We have guns ready in the 3 places we spend most of our time. 3 of the lock boxes contain .357 double action revolvers that loaded and ready to go the moment we lay hands on them. The first round in each is a ratshot load, so from typical inside distances, we can point instead of aim. Our dog will alert us to any suspicious person approaching the house. Both myself and my g/f are good shots, especially with our respective weapons. We have discussed and planned.

Our plan is good.

And if, as you say, "no good plan survives first contact", your plan would be the same.

Our plan is good.

like I said,,,

We have guns ready in the 3 places we spend most of our time. 3 of the lock boxes contain .357 double action revolvers that loaded and ready to go the moment we lay hands on them. The first round in each is a ratshot load, so from typical inside distances, we can point instead of aim. Our dog will alert us to any suspicious person approaching the house. Both myself and my g/f are good shots, especially with our respective weapons. We have discussed and planned.

Our plan is good.

And if, as you say, "no good plan survives first contact", your plan would be the same.

but my options take into consideration I'm not sitting in my chair or in the kitchen or bedroom
with more options it gives you a higher rate of survival

Our plan is good.

like I said,,,

Our plan is good.

but my options take into consideration I'm not sitting in my chair or in the kitchen or bedroom

If I'm not sitting in a chair, I am moving towards a gun and distance from the door.

If I am in the kitchen, the gun in the cupboard is more accessible, faster, than anyplace except sitting on the counter. The gun in the living room is where it is because I am just a few months shy of being 60 years old. I can reach faster than I can get up. And the lockbox within reach is certainly faster than on top of a piece of furniture.

Like I said, we have planned and worked out the best plan for safety all around.

So, you think in order to own a gun one has to shoot someone? What kind of shit is that? A lot of law enforcement never shot their gun. It's not about wildly shooting everything it's about the perp KNOWING people are armed.

Don't recall saying anything like that, I am speaking of the folks who are running off at the mouth about what they would do and what others should have done. Many people freeze during these types of crisis, I have seen it many times when I was in the military. All I am saying is until you walk the walk, stop trying to talk the talk.

Would you walk into a room of armed people with the intent of gunning most of them down ?

If you are sitting in your car and a guy walks up to the car and puts a gun to your head and says, "Get out", now you have a gun in the glove box or the arm console next to you what do you do? You get out the car and let him have it, because there is no way you can get your hand on that gun. The only time that gun is going to do you any good is if it is in your hand and ready to roll.

thats why you also keep one in the door so when you get out you can pick it up and shoot the mother fucker before he takes your car,,,

on average you need to keep at least 5 in you car in different places for any cenario

You have 5 guns stashed in your car?

You can have 10, if it's not in your hand when one is drawn on you you're screwed.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you folks who keep claiming about having your gun have actually shot someone.

So, you think in order to own a gun one has to shoot someone? What kind of shit is that? A lot of law enforcement never shot their gun. It's not about wildly shooting everything it's about the perp KNOWING people are armed.

Don't recall saying anything like that, I am speaking of the folks who are running off at the mouth about what they would do and what others should have done. Many people freeze during these types of crisis, I have seen it many times when I was in the military. All I am saying is until you walk the walk, stop trying to talk the talk.

Would you walk into a room of armed people with the intent of gunning most of them down ?

If you are sitting in your car and a guy walks up to the car and puts a gun to your head and says, "Get out", now you have a gun in the glove box or the arm console next to you what do you do? You get out the car and let him have it, because there is no way you can get your hand on that gun. The only time that gun is going to do you any good is if it is in your hand and ready to roll.

and what kind of moron puts their gun in the glove box???

So you ride around with your gun in your hand. Where do you keep your gun that you can grab it while one is at your head.

Our plan is good.

like I said,,,

Our plan is good.

If I'm not sitting in a chair, I am moving towards a gun and distance from the door.

If I am in the kitchen, the gun in the cupboard is more accessible, faster, than anyplace except sitting on the counter. The gun in the living room is where it is because I am just a few months shy of being 60 years old. I can reach faster than I can get up. And the lockbox within reach is certainly faster than on top of a piece of furniture.

Like I said, we have planned and worked out the best plan for safety all around.

sounds like you have it covered,,,

Our plan is good.

like I said,,,

Our plan is good.

I think we do.

thats why you also keep one in the door so when you get out you can pick it up and shoot the mother fucker before he takes your car,,,

on average you need to keep at least 5 in you car in different places for any cenario

You have 5 guns stashed in your car?

You can have 10, if it's not in your hand when one is drawn on you you're screwed.

10 would just be a waste,,,

better to have one close at hand that can be picked up on the way out the door then kill the mother fucker before he kills you or someone else

like I said,,,

Our plan is good.

I think we do.

sometimes thinking it isnt enough

Our plan is good.

I think we do.

I guess I could have a loaded weapon on the kitchen counter and on a table in every other room. But that seems a bit extreme and dangerous.

The only way to know would be if we were the victims of home invasions and burglaries several times by different people. I don't live in that dangerous a neighborhood.

I think we do.

I guess I could have a loaded weapon on the kitchen counter and on a table in every other room. But that seems a bit extreme and dangerous.

The only way to know would be if we were the victims of home invasions and burglaries several times by different people. I don't live in that dangerous a neighborhood.

you could but that wouldnt be practical,,,

I think we do.

you could but that would be practical,,,

It would also be dangerous when we have friends over, and especially when my grandchild visits.

You have suggestions for a better setup, taking into account frequent visitors that often includes a child who is not quite 3?

I think we do.

you could but that would be practical,,,

It would also be dangerous when we have friends over, and especially when my grandchild visits.

You have suggestions for a better setup, taking into account frequent visitors that often includes a child who is not quite 3?

if youre dumb enough to leave them out during those limited events you shouldnt have one at all

Forum List

Back