Why Was No One Armed & Shooting Back In El Paso WalMart ?

..... it is amazing to me that there could have been that many people walking around unarmed and defenseless. Why? Don't they know something like this could happen at any time ?
Maybe they didn't realize they were in America. They just came from Juárez where it is not so dangerous.

American flag 1.jpg

Thanks for your service. IMO the Democrats and the left, with their anti-gun rhetoric, have succeeded in making guns 'bad' so that a lot of people are scared to even pick one up much less know anything about a gun. After all, Democrats thrive on making folks victims.
Democrats run the US MISeducational system, And they know squat about guns and law enforcement, That's why so many black guys wind up getting shot by cops. Clueless Democrat teachers never taught them that, in confrontations with police, you must always keep your hands empty and visible.

Yep you don't want to be reaching in your pocket for your cell phone when a cop has a bead on you. Last time I was stopped (for supposedly no seatbelt) I put both hands on the steering wheel in clear sight. I saw him getting out of his car with his hand on his gun holster while coming up the the window. No problem though. He was a good guy as most really are.

Maybe they didn't realize they were in America. They just came from Juárez where it is not so dangerous.

View attachment 273189
Intentional Homicide rate in Mexico is 5 times higher than in the US.

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia

Across Mexico border from safe El Paso, violence surges in Juárez

Yes and Mexico has draconian gun control as well. Conversely, Sweden (who has mandatory gun ownership) has the lowest crime rate.

.... Mexico has draconian gun control...
They murder specifically as a course of illegal business. The U.S. mass murder indiscriminately innocent men, women, and children.
... Sweden (who has mandatory gun ownership) has the lowest crime rate.
BULL SHIT! We do have the lowest crime rate but we do not have mandatory gun ownership.

Last edited:
.... Mexico has draconian gun control...
They murder specifically as a course of illegal business. The U.S. mass murder indiscriminately innocent men, women, and children.
... Sweden (who has mandatory gun ownership) has the lowest crime rate.
BULL SHIT! We do have the lowest crime rate but we do not have mandatory gun ownership.

I stand corrected, got that from a bad site. My bad.

Found this on WIKI

"Swiss gun culture has emerged from a long tradition of shooting (tirs), which served as a formative element of national identity in the post-Napoleonic Restoration of the Confederacy,[5] and the long-standing practice of a militia organization of the Swiss Army in which soldiers' service rifles are stored privately at their homes. In addition to this, many cantons (notably the alpine cantons of Grisons and Valais) have strong traditions of hunting, accounting for a large but unknown number of privately held hunting rifles, as only weapons acquired since 2008 are registered.[6] However, in a 2019 referendum voters opted to conform with European Union regulations which restrict the acquisition of semi-automatic firearms with high-capacity magazines.[7]"

Firearms regulation in Switzerland - Wikipedia

Still though, it seems that a society that accepts firearms as part of life has a lower crime rate.

No problem. Most Americans think the capital of Sweden is Zürich which isn't in Sweden and isn't even the capital of Switzerland or any other country.

Found this on WIKI

"Swiss gun culture has emerged from a long tradition of shooting (tirs), which served as a formative element of national identity in the post-Napoleonic Restoration of the Confederacy,[5] and the long-standing practice of a militia organization of the Swiss Army in which soldiers' service rifles are stored privately at their homes. In addition to this, many cantons (notably the alpine cantons of Grisons and Valais) have strong traditions of hunting, accounting for a large but unknown number of privately held hunting rifles, as only weapons acquired since 2008 are registered.[6] However, in a 2019 referendum voters opted to conform with European Union regulations which restrict the acquisition of semi-automatic firearms with high-capacity magazines.[7]"

Still though, it seems that a society that accepts firearms as part of life has a lower crime rate.
FIRST: That is not about handguns.
SECOND: It's not the gun that kills ... it's the person holding the gun. This is clear and undeniable proof that guns need to be banned in the U.S.

No problem. Most Americans think the capital of Sweden is Zürich which isn't in Sweden and isn't even the capital of Switzerland or any other country.

Found this on WIKI

SECOND: It's not the gun that kills ... it's the person holding the gun. This is clear and undeniable proof that guns need to be banned in the U.S.

Hmmm.....Are you saying all Americans are killers? WTF?

The El Paso Walmart shooter killed 20 people (so far) and wounded 26 more. He may well have fired some shots missing people also. It's pretty fair to say this nut fired at least 50 shots, and very possibly well more than that.

It takes quite some time to fire that many shots individually, as this guy did, walking aisle to aisle, through the store. If there had been an armed security guard, or any armed citizen with a CCW license, this guy could have (and should have) been stopped cold after the first 2 or 3 shots.

As someone who has a CCW license, and is armed 99% of the time, when I'm walking around outside, it is amazing to me that there could have been that many people walking around unarmed and defenseless. Why? Don't they know something like this could happen at any time ?

In contrast, in 2002, a Muslim terrorist (Hesham Mohamed Hadayet) walked into Los Angeles Airport (LAX) armed with 2 handguns, plus magazines loaded with dozens of bullets. He shot and killed 2 people, and wounded 4. The airport was filled with people. The terrorist was shot dead right on the spot, by a security guard who was armed and ready to deal. Without that good guy with a gun, the airport would have been a bloodbath, just like this WalMart, and probably even worse.

This ARMED DEFENSE is what should have been the case in El Paso. How this guy could pull off what he did without getting shot, by a guard or CCW carrying citizen is mind boggling.

2002 Los Angeles International Airport shooting - Wikipedia

Stores have the right too ban firearms from their premises if they decide too... They have to post a sign saying so under Texas law...

As for armed guards, well most security guards are not trained for that type of incident and you would need a off duty LEO...

Just out of curiosity, how many of you folks who keep claiming about having your gun have actually shot someone.

So, you think in order to own a gun one has to shoot someone? What kind of shit is that? A lot of law enforcement never shot their gun. It's not about wildly shooting everything it's about the perp KNOWING people are armed.

Don't recall saying anything like that, I am speaking of the folks who are running off at the mouth about what they would do and what others should have done. Many people freeze during these types of crisis, I have seen it many times when I was in the military. All I am saying is until you walk the walk, stop trying to talk the talk.

"Swiss gun culture ..... it seems that a society that accepts firearms as part of life has a lower crime rate.

Hmmm.....Are you saying all Americans are killers? WTF?
First, you cannot differentiate Sweden from Switzerland and now you make an absurd conclusion by way of suck-ass English comprehension. Hmmm.....Are you a troll? WTF?

Just out of curiosity, how many of you folks who keep claiming about having your gun have actually shot someone.

So, you think in order to own a gun one has to shoot someone? What kind of shit is that? A lot of law enforcement never shot their gun. It's not about wildly shooting everything it's about the perp KNOWING people are armed.

True

What's funny is the idiots who think everyone who owns a gun is a 'Barney Fife'......TV logic.

What's funny is how a gun gives a lot of cowards courage.

Don't recall saying anything like that, I am speaking of the folks who are running off at the mouth about what they would do and what others should have done. Many people freeze during these types of crisis, I have seen it many times when I was in the military. All I am saying is until you walk the walk, stop trying to talk the talk.

Would you walk into a room of armed people with the intent of gunning most of them down ?

Would you walk into a room of armed people with the intent of gunning most of them down ?

If you are sitting in your car and a guy walks up to the car and puts a gun to your head and says, "Get out", now you have a gun in the glove box or the arm console next to you what do you do? You get out the car and let him have it, because there is no way you can get your hand on that gun. The only time that gun is going to do you any good is if it is in your hand and ready to roll.

Last edited:
Still talking the talk, eh? Take it to the nearest high school parking lot. I am sure you can impress them.

Far fewer than have stopped a crime by having a gun.

Estimates on crimes stopped vary from lows around 150,000 to highs approaching half a million.

you got a link???

Google. You do it this time.

In other words, NO I don't.

This point has been made over and over, with links galore, for years. Feel free to find out for yourself.

FOX, no less, interviewed a "good guy with a gun" who was armed and there at the shooting, so it clearly was NOT a gun free zone! Your source is lying, but you don't care because it gives you a way to blame Liberals for what a Trump Nationalist did.
It IS a gunfree zone, and worse than that. it is a weapons free zone (with the posted sign included in the link), which includes everything down to a boy scout knife.

Good link, DD. :113:
No it isn't. The Walmart is NOT in the Cielo Vista Mall it is NEAR it!

Forum List

Back