Why Was No One Armed & Shooting Back In El Paso WalMart ?

I think we do.

sometimes thinking it isnt enough

I guess I could have a loaded weapon on the kitchen counter and on a table in every other room. But that seems a bit extreme and dangerous.

The only way to know would be if we were the victims of home invasions and burglaries several times by different people. I don't live in that dangerous a neighborhood.

you could but that would be practical,,,

It would also be dangerous when we have friends over, and especially when my grandchild visits.

You have suggestions for a better setup, taking into account frequent visitors that often includes a child who is not quite 3?

if youre dumb enough to leave them out during those limited events you shouldnt have one at all

Limited events? We have visitors about 2 or 3 times a week. To pack up and unpack the 8 or 9 firearms it would take to have one laid out and ready is more trouble than having 4 strategically placed and secure. And the 4 we have ready are in places they can be accessible when we need them without being a danger when they are not.

sometimes thinking it isnt enough

I guess I could have a loaded weapon on the kitchen counter and on a table in every other room. But that seems a bit extreme and dangerous.

The only way to know would be if we were the victims of home invasions and burglaries several times by different people. I don't live in that dangerous a neighborhood.

It would also be dangerous when we have friends over, and especially when my grandchild visits.

You have suggestions for a better setup, taking into account frequent visitors that often includes a child who is not quite 3?

if youre dumb enough to leave them out during those limited events you shouldnt have one at all

Limited events? We have visitors about 2 or 3 times a week. To pack up and unpack the 8 or 9 firearms it would take to have one laid out and ready is more trouble than having 4 strategically placed and secure. And the 4 we have ready are in places they can be accessible when we need them without being a danger when they are not.

there are 7 days in a week and it cant take more than 3 seconds to pick it up and put it away,,,

under your plan you claim it only takes 1 second to get it

I dont see the problem

OH and most people that visit me are already carrying so no need to put mine away

,I would add one gun ... under the car in case the jacker kicks me under the car to run me over..to have some type of water tight box with a quick release
You're a real joker.
opinions vary
No doubt ... but I'm sure that all opinions verge at the point of you being under the car with your elbows banging against the floor pan thinking you can manoeuvre your hands into a box to retrieve your pop-gun and do anything at all ... especially with the "bad guy" sitting in the driver's seat, the car in first gear, his foot on the clutch and the motor revving at 900 rpm's. The best thing you can do is make yourself as skinny as possible and pray. :21:

,I would add one gun taped under the car in case the jacker kicks me under the car to run me over,,
and taping it wouldnt be a good idea,,better to have some type of water tight box with a quick release
You're a real joker.
opinions vary
No doubt ... but I'm sure that all opinions verge at the point of you being under the car with your elbows banging against the floor pan thinking you can manoeuvre your hands into a box to retrieve your pop-gun and do anything at all ... especially with the "bad guy" sitting in the driver's seat, the car in first gear, his foot on the clutch and the motor revving at 900 rpm's. The best thing you can do is make yourself as skinny as possible and pray. :21:

900 rpms is an idle not a rev,

and I'd rather have an option than none

there are 7 days in a week and it cant take more than 3 seconds to pick it up and put it away,,,

I dont see the problem

OH and most people that visit me are already carrying so no need to put mine away

Pick it up, carry it to the back room, unlock the safe, and put it away. There are 4 guns that do stay out. The rest stay in the safe.

The lock boxes are placed where we need them. As I have said, the dog will alert us to someone coming up, so I know they are there. They don't just materialize in the living room.

We have friends who carry and friends who don't. I don't adjust my house according to that. The setup I have lets me make sure I am prepared without spending a lot of time focused on that. We live in a single story ranch style/mid-century modern house. With the guns stashed where we have them, I am never more than a few steps away, and don't live in something that looks like an armory.

I dont see the problem

Pick it up, carry it to the back room, unlock the safe, and put it away. There are 4 guns that do live stay in the safe.

The lock boxes are placed where we need them. As I have said, the dog will alert us to someone coming up, so I know they are there. They don't just materialize in the living room.

We have friends who carry and friends who don't. I don't adjust my house according to that. The setup I have lets me make sure I am prepared without spending a lot of time focused on that. We live in a single story ranch style/mid-century modern house. With the guns stashed where we have them, I am never more than a few steps away, and don't live in something that looks like an armory.

if you cant trust those you invite in your house I would suggest you not invite them,,,

and why are they just lying around???
they should be out of sight but readily at hand

,I would add one gun taped under the car in case the jacker kicks me under the car to run me over,,
and taping it wouldnt be a good idea,,better to have some type of water tight box with a quick release
You're a real joker.
opinions vary
So you don't really own a car I guess.
You call firing of a gun with the driver's foot on the clutch "an option"? :auiqs.jpg:You'd be better off shooting yourself instead.

I dont see the problem

Pick it up, carry it to the back room, unlock the safe, and put it away. There are 4 guns that do live stay in the safe.

if you cant trust those you invite in your house I would suggest you not invite them,,,

I trust them. I also know I can get to a gun if I need it. More than that is unnecessary.

You're a real joker.
opinions vary
So you don't really own a car I guess.
You call firing of a gun with the driver's foot on the clutch "an option"? :auiqs.jpg:You'd be better off shooting yourself instead.

I have 5 cars and trucks,,,

and when did I say he was in the car with foot on pedal???

I dont see the problem

I trust them. I also know I can get to a gun if I need it. More than that is unnecessary.

famous last words,,,

I dont see the problem

famous last words,,,

So you have said. I have no doubt I am safe enough. And I don't worry about my grandson getting his hands on a loaded weapon.

With the dog alerting me to unexpected visitors, I can take the 2 or 3 steps to get a weapon if needed. And if it happens to be a burglary when we are asleep, we can be armed before they get out of the room they broke into.

Also, the "famous last words" apply just as well to your plans. I refuse to spend my life with a rifle in my hands watching the street.

I dont see the problem

famous last words,,,

So you have said. I have no doubt I am safe enough. And I don't worry about my grandson getting his hands on a loaded weapon.

With the dog alerting me to unexpected visitors, I can take the 2 or 3 steps to get a weapon if needed. And if it happens to be a burglary when we are asleep, we can be armed before they get out of the room they broke into.

Also, the "famous last words" apply just as well to your plans. I refuse to spend my life with a rifle in my hands watching the street.

but I never said I am safe enough,,nor that I sit with rifle in hand

But you don't know what a "rev" is?
Oh, you thought he was going to steal your car just to sit in the driver's seat and listen to the radio?

... There are 4 guns that do stay out. The rest stay in the safe....
Gosh, I have only one dick but it's huge.

Oh please. Spare me the "owning guns is compensating for a small dick" nonsense. I have 4 guns around my house in secure storage. They may as well be stored there as in the gun safe. I own numerous firearms. Some are older inherited guns. Some for defense. Some for hunting. And some for just plain fun shooting. If you choose to not own a gun, that is great.

Oh, and I have plenty of dick too. So we are both prepared for sex. If someone breaks into your house, just wave your huge dick at them. I plan to shoot them with something that won't make them laugh.

But you don't know what a "rev" is?
Oh, you thought he was going to steal your car just to sit in the driver's seat and listen to the radio?

you have a reality problem that I just cant help you with,,,

famous last words,,,

But you have continued to insinuate that I am not, despite being a few steps from a loaded weapon.

famous last words,,,

But you have continued to insinuate that I am not, despite being a few steps from a loaded weapon.

I dont consider having it in a locked box readily available
but to each there own,,,

famous last words,,,

but to each there own,,,

Securely stored, in the exact same position and ready to fire in a second or less. I'm good with that.

famous last words,,,

but to each there own,,,

Securely stored, in the exact same position and ready to fire in a second or less. I'm good with that.

good for you,,,

Forum List

Back