Why We Are Not Making Progress Against Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I am from NY. Anyhoo, my point is you just cannot change what is in some people's hearts. There will always be racists, murderers, thieves, etc.

Welcome to humankind.
We don't tolerate our murderers or thieves, but it is somehow okay to tolerate our racists because of "free speech?"

If you need to lock someone up because they call you names ... That's pathetic.

Anything else a racist can do to harm someone is either already illegal ...
Or can be prosecuted through law the same as murder and theft.

All social engineering projects indulge the same conceit - the false belief that we can change other people's minds (for the better) with force, with law.

Bingo ... There is no law that can ever change the human condition ... What people believe, or what they hold in their hearts.

Government is just a tool used to control the masses.
Once that tool is of no use to one any longer ... They will set it aside and deal with it as a burden only.
They will figure out a way to survive without it ... Or become a slave to it.

The social engineering you guys talk about was created by whites and has been used here since July 4th, 1776.

You are only a slave to their experiment ... If you are waiting for them to ring the bell, and give you something.

Actually, I am from NY. Anyhoo, my point is you just cannot change what is in some people's hearts. There will always be racists, murderers, thieves, etc.

Welcome to humankind.
We don't tolerate our murderers or thieves, but it is somehow okay to tolerate our racists because of "free speech?"

"Making something illegal doesn’t make it go away. If that were the case, murders would never happen and even if they did, they would all be solved and the victim brought justice."

Proof That Institutional Racism Is Still A Problem

Let Freedom Reign....

incarceration-rate-graph.png

~S~
looks like the totals are in decline since ~2007

you're getting that from an unlinked meme?
it's right out of JQ's link.

Need me to call you an ambulance?

I'm not the one whining because sane people don't want criminals, crazies and domestic abusers to be armed.
:rofl:

have a nice day jill, might want to put down the whiskey and the coffee do it's job first.

you should probably stop projecting.

but you have a good day, too. hope you're not too hung over later.

The problem with AA, and so many other statist programs, is that it embraces the notion that government is an appropriate tool to "implement" society - that it's a useful tool to force societal changes on the unwilling. And it's just not.

Government operates by passing laws and enforcing them. It doesn't change the hearts and minds of its citizens. To do that requites actual persuasion, and can only happen through voluntary interactions.

Welcome to humankind.

"Making something illegal doesn’t make it go away. If that were the case, murders would never happen and even if they did, they would all be solved and the victim brought justice."

Black failure is a problem. If using the term "racism" makes you feel better about yo po self, go at it. There are a few snowflakes around to sympathize and tell you free stuff ain't enough.

Last edited:
The problem with AA, and so many other statist programs, is that it embraces the notion that government is an appropriate tool to "implement" society - that it's a useful tool to force societal changes on the unwilling. And it's just not.

Government operates by passing laws and enforcing them. It doesn't change the hearts and minds of its citizens. To do that requites actual persuasion, and can only happen through voluntary interactions.

.This is a load of crap..

I simply suggested that it is illegal ... Law is what government can provide you with.
Your lack of a desire to pursue prosecution against someone you deem is discriminating against you ... Is not anyone else's fault.

You are incorrigible ... And you find attempting to correct someone else easier ... Because you can blame them for your failure.

Welcome to humankind.

Black failure is a problem. I using the term "racism" makes you feel better about yo po self, go at it. There are a few snowflakes around to sympathize and tell you free stuff ain't enough.

Whites are the only ones who have failed here. You created a nation that has never been united and you call this mess you made the United States.. We have more people in prison than anywhere else on earth That again shows how much the white system has failed. We spend the most on military than damn near the whole world combined, which shows a consistently paranoid leadership, another failure of whites. For 188 years by written law you gave yourselves all the free stuff and still there are are poor whites living in poverty. You have had 241 years to form a more perfect union and it has come nowhere close. Whites have failed You as a white man represents the reason why.

I simply suggested that it is illegal ... Law is what government can provide you with.
Your lack of a desire to pursue prosecution against someone you deem is discriminating against you ... Is not anyone else's fault.

You are incorrigible ... And you find attempting to correct someone else easier ... Because you can blame them for your failure.

Well given the fact I have been very successful, it's untrue to make the claim of how I am blaming someone else for my failure. .I've pursued such prosecution before. I'm saying that it should not be necessary. And this should not be used as an excuse like you did.

All social engineering projects indulge the same conceit - the false belief that we can change other people's minds (for the better) with force, with law.

Bingo ... There is no law that can ever change the human condition ... What people believe, or what they hold in their hearts.

Government is just a tool used to control the masses.
Once that tool is of no use to one any longer ... They will set it aside and deal with it as a burden only.
They will figure out a way to survive without it ... Or become a slave to it.

The social engineering you guys talk about was created by whites and has been used here since July 4th, 1776.

You are only a slave to their experiment ... If you are waiting for them to ring the bell, and give you something.

You have benefitted from the experiment and you were given everything you have due to it.

Wrote this a couple years ago...didn't get much traction...

The past is prologue.

It's a classic "sins of the father" scenario.

Slavery to Jim Crow to Separate but Equal...segregation thwarted assimilation, and now instead of regional American cultures that blend together at the edges, African-Americans have...thru segregationist policies...developed their own distinct culture with sharp and distinct boundaries within the older regional culture.

And it is literally the inequities of our father upon black slaves and later free black men (and women) that are being visited upon us...the generations that followed.

How can we unring that bell? Appalachia has maintained it's own distinct culture since the dawn of the nation, despite the more "sophisticated" [ :lol: ] Northeast's attempts to quash it. As has Massachusetts and NYC and Virginia and the South and the Ozarks etc. Once a culture is established, it's self perpetuating.

So the real question is...here we are, now what?

I Apologize for Slavery of Blacks

Slavery was not the only sin or was the only issue. Apologizing doesn't do it when you owe 10 trillion dollars in lost earnings and make excuses a to why you won't pay.
You've lost me.

There is a simple reality to the years of overt oppression of blacks in this country hat most do not understand. That is the economic reality of working with no pay from 1618 until 1863 by law, then the reduced income or lack of income caused by he national policy of Apartheid from the end if slavery until 1965 and that's a minimum. Experts have said bacs lost between 6.4-10 trillion dollars of earnings during slavery alone. This is what I am referring to OldLady. The post by Missourian is so inaccurate that it's a waste of time to read. Blacks have not developed any separate and distinct culture any more than any other ethnic group has in this country.

Certain whites want to us slavery to make excuses of what they aren't responsible for. But the issue is more than slavery and who somebody did not own. The issue extends into our lifetimes including right now.
I agree that the issue of slavery and 'apartheid' after certainly has extended into our lifetimes, including right now. I thought Missourian's post was spot on, in describing the problem, anyway. It is pretty rare for people to enter these threads with any understanding of why things are as they are.

Several trillion dollars would sure help the struggling communities that need it. That would go for any group caught in a poverty trap. They aren't all black. I don't know where you think that money is going to come from, or how it is going to be dispersed; my state gave large tracts of land back to the Native Americans, but they didn't have to buy it; they already owned it.

I think there is a separate and distinct subculture at this point, at least among black inner city communities. I think that you and some others here are feeding that on the one hand and then flipping to insist it doesn't exist. That makes no sense to me.

Well I KNOW you are wrong. And this is the problem with white people who think they can evaluate the black community better than blacks who live or work in those communities. You make the usual equivalence agument. No other group in America worked over 200 years for free. All other groups got paid for their labor and were able to build cmmunites that are now generations old, create businesses that gave people earning power and property ownership. If blacks had been able to earn the same amount of money as whites from 1618 until 1863 things would have been far different and would be today. There is no subculture in the black community. I think I would know better than you about this. .

Missourian is wrong for this very simple reason. Blacks fought to be integrated. If we had wanted to have this imaginary subculture it was already there for us and we could have remained segregated. Instead we went t courts, fought, died, got beat up and everything else so that we could be included in the overall American culture. What Missourian said was totally inaccurate based on history and modern fights being waged by blacks right now. You seem to have forgotten what the civil rights fights were for you to even consider any kind pf accuracy in the things Missourian said..

Blacks live with a 24 percent rate of poverty. So when you say backs are caught a poverty trap, you are missing 76 percent of the black peple in America.. We are saying that if not for white racism the rate pf poverty in our communities would be far lower. The other groups are in poverty because they got underpaid. And that's wrong. The history of blacks we that w got NO PAY, then underpaid and still are not equally paid. Yet you try making all these things the same and that's the standard mistake many whites choose to make. I am .black, and I live as part of the black culture. I get really tired and am running low on patience with whites who think they can tell me about the culture and community I exist in and live in everyday. We feed nothing. There is no such subculture and the reason why we don't make sense to you is that you have chosen to believe a made up set of circumstances that do not exist.
Okay. What I know, which isn't much, doesn't make me an "expert," and that's not what I'm trying to be. I only know what I what I've heard and seen. The black people I've known have been decent people no different than anyone else, so what you're saying stat wise makes total sense. I already said that having black skin doesn't have anything to do with how you live--it is how/where you were born and raised. The violence and the gangs/drugs and the rapper culture and the dissolution of the family structure all seem like problems in inner city black communities. Tie that with the insulating mistrust and stereotyping of whites, and to me that is a sad state of affairs that I don't think you're going to solve as long as you keep wagging your finger at anyone who is trying to understand.

Things don't seem to be improving for that high profile 26% percent that is the stereotype for "the black community." I think that is what Missourian was thinking of, too. Maybe it is being portrayed more negatively than it is? Is that racism at the heart of media portrayals?

Well given the fact I have been very successful, it's untrue to make the claim of how I am blaming someone else for my failure. .I've pursued such prosecution before. I'm saying that it should not be necessary. And this should not be used as an excuse like you did.

I said you were incorrigible .. I wouldn't expect you to agree.

If you are so successful at achieving your goals ... Then what are you bitching about ... :dunno:
Are you bitching because you had to work harder ... Or do more ... To accomplish anything that isn't average?

Get a clue ... That's how you excel.

Yes you are paying various native American tribes for things that happened here before you were born, before you say your family got here and all the excuses you have just used. Reparations are owed by local, state and the federal government created human rights violations through law and policy against blacks.but you are dumb and you think people are just coming to you asking for your dollar.
so you are going to be paying reparations as well.

No. But you are dumb so its fine for blacks to get mistreated while others get reparations for things that happened you had nothing to do with because you think we are just asking for the money because we are black..
You pay reparations for the blacks your ancestors enslaved and then sold on to whites. Let’s start at the beginning of the chain and see how that goes :wink:

No the US government system made slavery and apartheid legal, so the government owes us money for the human rights violations created because they did so. That's the beginning of the chain.
no it's not.

you know damn well that it was black africans that captured other africans and sold them as slaves.

lying about it doesn't do any good and only makes you the reason we can't move on.
Why are you so hung up on that fact? People like money. Money makes the world go 'round. Who originally captured who makes no difference. We fucking bought them in the end and made them property in perpetuity. So sit down and shut up about it.

Welcome to humankind.

I'm ambivalent on this, and I didn't necessarily mean they should be locked up. I do believe some hate speech is given more bandwidth than it deserves and that every racial/ethnic/religious group of people has the right to be treated with respect. Hate speech is not treating them with respect. So as much as I honor free speech, to me there is a line of decency.

Why we aren't making progress against racism:

Because the Prog-Dem Powers That Be find it very profitable to promote identity politics and racial strife.

Why we aren't making progress against racism:

Because the Prog-Dem Powers That Be find it very profitable to promote identity politics and racial strife.
Because there are too many bigots making sure minorities will never get an even shot. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back