šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

Why We Are Not Making Progress Against Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
All social engineering projects indulge the same conceit - the false belief that we can change other people's minds (for the better) with force, with law.

Bingo ... There is no law that can ever change the human condition ... What people believe, or what they hold in their hearts.

Government is just a tool used to control the masses.
Once that tool is of no use to one any longer ... They will set it aside and deal with it as a burden only.
They will figure out a way to survive without it ... Or become a slave to it.

The social engineering you guys talk about was created by whites and has been used here since July 4th, 1776.

In 2018, it's time we become better informed. Some of the things I read in here makes no sense. Zero nada, zilch.

ā€œAt this point, the whole race thing is over . . . it doesnā€™t matter anymore. Weā€™ve transcended it. Now we have a black president, so clearly we are not racist,ā€ stated one young woman after the first election of Barack Obama as president of the United States. In the euphoria of Obamaā€™s first election, many Americansā€”on the left, right, and centerā€”agreed that America had become post-racial. Today, many on the left recognize that America is still struggling with racism. But what liberals may not fully appreciate is the degree to which the rest of America is still deep within a post-racial haze.

New research from social psychologists at Yale and Northwestern Universities reveals that Americansā€”especially rich, white Americansā€”greatly overestimate how much racial progress we have made toward economic equality. Averaging across 5 economic measures, the researchers find that Americans estimate that we have made about 25 percent more progress toward black-white economic equality than we actually have made.

Worse still, Americans are most inaccurate on the most important economic measureā€”wealth. Scholars have come to recognize that wealthā€”the value of assets minus debtsā€”is the most important measure of a familyā€™s overall economic well-being. The social psychologists find that Americans overestimate our progress toward black-white wealth equality by about 80 percent. Today, for every dollar of wealth that whites have, blacks have only a few cents. "

" For those who believe that black people are already equal with white people, any policy that seeks to address anti-black discrimination looks like an attempt to give blacks an advantage over whites.
Many Americans, particularly Republicans, believe that today there is more discrimination against white people than against black people.

Because so many Americans are not grounded in the reality of American racism, the call for a ā€œconversation on raceā€ is a bad idea. We need Americans to go on fact-finding missions on racism, not try to engage in conversation when there is no agreement on the basic facts.

We have to be aware that because we are a segregated society, many white people learn about black people from the media. Some white people see prominent, highly successful black people in movies and on television and assume that those individuals are indicative of the economic standing of African Americans. Also, there is right-wing media that consciously tries to mislead white Americans about racism and to foster a sense of white victimization. We have to find ways to penetrate Americansā€™ information bubbles. "

This is America to hear most of you tell it, we should be way beyond this.
We were on a good trajectory until Obama began his orchestrated campaign to MAKE AMERICA RACIST AGAIN. I'm surprised he didn't hand out hats.

Another example of how some whites suffer from psychosis,

In 2018, it's time we become better informed. Some of the things I read in here makes no sense. Zero nada, zilch.

ā€œAt this point, the whole race thing is over . . . it doesnā€™t matter anymore. Weā€™ve transcended it. Now we have a black president, so clearly we are not racist,ā€ stated one young woman after the first election of Barack Obama as president of the United States. In the euphoria of Obamaā€™s first election, many Americansā€”on the left, right, and centerā€”agreed that America had become post-racial. Today, many on the left recognize that America is still struggling with racism. But what liberals may not fully appreciate is the degree to which the rest of America is still deep within a post-racial haze.

New research from social psychologists at Yale and Northwestern Universities reveals that Americansā€”especially rich, white Americansā€”greatly overestimate how much racial progress we have made toward economic equality. Averaging across 5 economic measures, the researchers find that Americans estimate that we have made about 25 percent more progress toward black-white economic equality than we actually have made.

Worse still, Americans are most inaccurate on the most important economic measureā€”wealth. Scholars have come to recognize that wealthā€”the value of assets minus debtsā€”is the most important measure of a familyā€™s overall economic well-being. The social psychologists find that Americans overestimate our progress toward black-white wealth equality by about 80 percent. Today, for every dollar of wealth that whites have, blacks have only a few cents. "

" For those who believe that black people are already equal with white people, any policy that seeks to address anti-black discrimination looks like an attempt to give blacks an advantage over whites.
Many Americans, particularly Republicans, believe that today there is more discrimination against white people than against black people.

Because so many Americans are not grounded in the reality of American racism, the call for a ā€œconversation on raceā€ is a bad idea. We need Americans to go on fact-finding missions on racism, not try to engage in conversation when there is no agreement on the basic facts.

We have to be aware that because we are a segregated society, many white people learn about black people from the media. Some white people see prominent, highly successful black people in movies and on television and assume that those individuals are indicative of the economic standing of African Americans. Also, there is right-wing media that consciously tries to mislead white Americans about racism and to foster a sense of white victimization. We have to find ways to penetrate Americansā€™ information bubbles. "

This is America to hear most of you tell it, we should be way beyond this.

I just need to ask! Are you dumb or willfully blind?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Another example of how there are whites who need to get better informed.

look, you're a moron, we get it, you're slight grasp of reality is very very clear.

I don't pay anyone jack for anything I didn't do.
I don't owe you anything.
you are not owed anything.

my family wasn't even here, so even if you get your dream, how are you going to stick it to just the peoples whose families were here?

or is it just every white persons fault?

Yes you are paying various native American tribes for things that happened here before you were born, before you say your family got here and all the excuses you have just used. Reparations are owed by local, state and the federal government created human rights violations through law and policy against blacks.but you are dumb and you think people are just coming to you asking for your dollar.
so you are going to be paying reparations as well.

No. But you are dumb so its fine for blacks to get mistreated while others get reparations for things that happened you had nothing to do with because you think we are just asking for the money because we are black..
You pay reparations for the blacks your ancestors enslaved and then sold on to whites. Letā€™s start at the beginning of the chain and see how that goes :wink:

No the US government system made slavery and apartheid legal, so the government owes us money for the human rights violations created because they did so. That's the beginning of the chain.
no it's not.

you know damn well that it was black africans that captured other africans and sold them as slaves.

lying about it doesn't do any good and only makes you the reason we can't move on.

If money is owed to anybody it should be owed to the slave owners' families as reimbursement for the money they had invested in slaves and their food and shelter. No different than confiscating a farmer's tractor and harvester without reimbursement.

Actually it is different. Far different. Of course you aren't a racist now are ya? And slave owners were paid by the government for each freed slave they lost. This is why many of you whites need to stop trying to argue. You don't know WTF you are talking about..
intentionally remaining ignorant of the facts...

no one in America knows anyone that was a slave or owned a slave.

it's childish nonsense that people are owned shit just b/c they are black is why we can't move on.
Wrong! Slavery has evolved..The new plantations are privately owned prisons; and the new crops are mostly blacks gleaned from the urban killing fields seeded by the War ON DRUGS.
absolutely the most ignorant and made up bunch of nonsense I will, hopefully, see today.

If stewpud hurt you would need an ambulance.

it's childish nonsense that people are owned shit just b/c they are black is why we can't move on.
Wrong! Slavery has evolved..The new plantations are privately owned prisons; and the new crops are mostly blacks gleaned from the urban killing fields seeded by the War ON DRUGS.
absolutely the most ignorant and made up bunch of nonsense I will, hopefully, see today.

You need to stop playing video games and catch up on domestic affairs.

Here, I'll help youL

For-Profit Prisons: American Slavery, Under New Management

Here, I'll help youL

I let you know this, since you somehow made it to adult w/o learning it; you can't make prisoners work, it's all volunteer and they get paid, not much, but still more than a slave

Let Freedom Reign....

incarceration-rate-graph.png

~S~

Yes you are paying various native American tribes for things that happened here before you were born, before you say your family got here and all the excuses you have just used. Reparations are owed by local, state and the federal government created human rights violations through law and policy against blacks.but you are dumb and you think people are just coming to you asking for your dollar.
so you are going to be paying reparations as well.

No. But you are dumb so its fine for blacks to get mistreated while others get reparations for things that happened you had nothing to do with because you think we are just asking for the money because we are black..
You pay reparations for the blacks your ancestors enslaved and then sold on to whites. Letā€™s start at the beginning of the chain and see how that goes :wink:

No the US government system made slavery and apartheid legal, so the government owes us money for the human rights violations created because they did so. That's the beginning of the chain.

Slavery was practiced for thousands of years....Arabs pioneered slavery in Africa....they were taking African slaves centuries before anyone else.

The Story of Africa| BBC World Service

10 Facts About The Arab Enslavement Of Black People

Slavery of Africans by Africans

Zanzibar...capital of the Arab slave trade...................
tumblr_n77g7rS9wj1swipqxo1_500.jpg

and?

Here, I'll help youL

I let you know this, since you somehow made it to adult w/o learning it; you can't make prisoners work, it's all volunteer and they get paid, not much, but still more than a slave
Read the whole damn article in the link I posted. Any complaints should be taken up with the author.

Here, I'll help youL

Read the whole damn article in the link I posted. Any complaints should be taken up with the author.
it's a giant article and 4 years out of date.

nothing it in could convince me your or his claim is even slightly valid about slavery.

and on top of it, it's an absolute insult to the people that went through it, through no fault of their own and the poor people that have to live in today.

I was being polite, but you're just a fucking buffoon that believes every America hate link he sees.

leave the country, canaduh is just north of you

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Let Freedom Reign....

incarceration-rate-graph.png

~S~
looks like the totals are in decline since ~2007

you're getting that from an unlinked meme?
it's right out of JQ's link.

Need me to call you an ambulance?

I'm not the one whining because sane people don't want criminals, crazies and domestic abusers to be armed.
:rofl:

have a nice day jill, might want to put down the whiskey and the coffee do it's job first.

As owners of the means of production in this country, a relatively few white elites are responsible for the success of all all Americans. Average folks, white or black, are virtuall in the same boat, albeit with a 400 year economic headstart, average whites do enjoy an economic advantage. Couple that advantage with vastly superior numbers and the black community, barely out of slavery, has made tremendous progress. 75% of blacks live above the poverty rate in America, even in the face of rampant discriminaion and predjudice which is launched incessantly at them from every corner of white society. These numbers defy your notion of endemic universal failure among blacks.. But they also highlight an underlying strength and perseverance. Liberal Whites may have set them free but there weren't enough to counter the hatemongers who never relented in their campaigns to stifle black progress a when and wherevet they could. Blacks did look inward and their Christian ethic, for the most part helped move them more towards prosperity than towards failure..

Look inward ...
If you are waiting on someone else to do something ... You are waiting on the wrong person.
If you aspire to remain "average" ... You are aspiring to be mediocre at best.

Personal introspect is not the same are collective introspect if there is such a thing.
75% of Blacks seem to have a handle on things but have no resources to address the. few criminals commiting crimes mostly against THEM. BLack tax dollars go to serve white interests instead of their own. Black tax dollars go to pay for police protection for whites rather than for their own. Black tax dollars go to build white infrasrltructure while in black communities hoary infrastructure crumbles into ruin; leeching lead pipes poisoning their water supplies.

Nothing is fair ... Nothing is equal ... Everyone's path is different.

If you have a problem with the services you receive at the hands of government ... Look elsewhere.
If you are waiting for government to fix your problems ... Look elsewhere.

No one said it was easy ... No one suggests it doesn't take sacrifice.
You set the goals and do what you need to do in order to achieve them.

Look Inward.

Your collective community includes the hotspots of white opiod addictions ravaging white America.

My collective community has around 420 people in it.

About 3 are strung out on meth ... And around 45 smoke pot.
One middle aged lady was hooked on prescription pain pills ... But has since gone into recovery.
About 8 have been, and always will be, thieves and no-good lowlifes.

I care about the problems in the rest of the country to the extent I decided to move away from them.

But now...in the era of Trumpism...criminality and immoral behavior by white perps, some appointed by Trump to high government posts, has been normalized...at least among his followers.

If you are waiting on anyone in the government to do anything for you ... You have chosen a hopeless endeavor.
The only way you can personally benefit from government activity ... Is if someone is taking something from someone else to give to you.

At that point ... You are just part of the conspiracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back