🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why we don't want voter ID

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Republicans said this would never happen

Alabama Demands Voter ID--Then Closes Driver's License Offices In Black Counties

What happens when a state with a tough voter ID law suddenly makes it much harder for minorities to get driver's licenses? We are about to find out in Alabama.
Facing a budget crisis, Alabama has shuttered 31 driver's license offices, many of them in counties with a high proportion of black residents. Coming after the state recently put into effect a tougher voter ID law, the closures will cut off access -- particularly for minorities -- to one of the few types of IDs accepted.
According to a tally by AL.com columnist John Archibald, eight of the 10 Alabama counties with the highest percentage of non-white registered voters saw their driver's license offices closed.
"Every single county in which blacks make up more than 75 percent of registered voters will see their driver license office closed. Every one," Archibald wrote.
Archibald also noted that many of the counties where offices were closed also leaned Democrat.
"But maybe it's not racial at all, right? Maybe it's just political. And let's face it, it may not be either." he wrote. "But no matter the intent, the consequence is the same."

That's just drivers license offices...

And those Democrats can still get a state ID... Matter of fact, they should already have one, since it's necessary for them to get their welfare and food stamps!!!

Just drivers license offices

Do you have a state ID? Do you know where to get one?

We now see the true implementation of voter ID. Pass the laws ant then start throwing up roadblocks to those you don't want to vote

Alabama Demands Voter ID--Then Closes Driver's License Offices In Black Counties

What happens when a state with a tough voter ID law suddenly makes it much harder for minorities to get driver's licenses? We are about to find out in Alabama.
Facing a budget crisis, Alabama has shuttered 31 driver's license offices, many of them in counties with a high proportion of black residents. Coming after the state recently put into effect a tougher voter ID law, the closures will cut off access -- particularly for minorities -- to one of the few types of IDs accepted.
According to a tally by AL.com columnist John Archibald, eight of the 10 Alabama counties with the highest percentage of non-white registered voters saw their driver's license offices closed.
"Every single county in which blacks make up more than 75 percent of registered voters will see their driver license office closed. Every one," Archibald wrote.
Archibald also noted that many of the counties where offices were closed also leaned Democrat.
"But maybe it's not racial at all, right? Maybe it's just political. And let's face it, it may not be either." he wrote. "But no matter the intent, the consequence is the same."

Right,,,

they closed them down JUST because those are areas dominated by the black population.

:blowup:

And those Democrats can still get a state ID... Matter of fact, they should already have one, since it's necessary for them to get their welfare and food stamps!!!

We now see the true implementation of voter ID. Pass the laws ant then start throwing up roadblocks to those you don't want to vote

You dimwit.
There's already a thread on this.

Obama and the Obama administration was credited with helping start up Voter ID in Africa....good enough for them but Liberals don't want it here.

WHY?!

Perhaps because it might hurt Democrats in future elections by eliminating the kind of criminal voter fraud we saw in 2012. Heck, we didn't even need Voter ID to identify voter fraud in 2012. One black female poll monitor came right out and bragged to national news crews about how she had voted for Obama 5 - 6 times to help him win.

As for the initial post, if you find a problem, fix it. If you find someone doing something they shouldn't be doing, hold them accountable...but of course one of the reasons Liberals don't want voter ID is because they don't believe in holding people accountable....at least not themselves or anyone who supports / votes for them.

Want more people to vote? Have politicians represent the public, instead of personal agendas and special interests.

Making America better requires effort from most of us, making it easier for unmotivated people is not the answer.

We've had voter ID in Florida for many years now. We have no problems at all with it. The Blacks show their ID just like the Vietnamese, the Hispanics, the Whites, etc.

I usually renew my drivers license through the mail. It's really difficult. The mail man brings it right to my box.

You dimwit.

Now there are two

You dimwit.

Now there are two

And I'm sure they'll be ten more before the day is out.
Some of you are a little slow posting the talking points.

We've had voter ID in Florida for many years now. We have no problems at all with it. The Blacks show their ID just like the Vietnamese, the Hispanics, the Whites, etc.

I usually renew my drivers license through the mail. It's really difficult. The mail man brings it right to my box.

I'll make you a deal

If getting acceptable ID is so easy, how about we require that 99% of adults in a state have valid ID before voter ID can take effect?
It will motivate the politicians to make sure ID is readily available

I'll make you a deal

If getting acceptable ID is so easy, how about we require that 99% of adults in a state have valid ID before voter ID can take effect?
Cause the Liberals are too lazy to go further than the mailbox...

Of course, that means they're too lazy to go to the polls and stand in line, too...

So you think Black people are too stupid to get an I.D.?:slap:

I think Planned Parenthood bought the building in order to open up an abortion mill....Can't have too many black babies you know

I'll make you a deal

Here's a better idea.

Stop blocking voter ID, make it nationwide, and you'll see how easy people can find an ID.

Where was it, Texas?

People had about 2 years to get a voter ID before the election where they had to show one.

and they STILL waited until the last minute, and complained they didn't have enough time to get one.

and WHY did they wait?

Someone told them it was going to be overturned, so they didn't bother.

Forum List

Back