Why we need a minimum living wage.

Slyhunter

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2014
Florida
This is an example of why you need a minimum living wage. It's also why we don't need immigrants moving in to cause wage deflation.

Delivery Driver - your own car, van or pickup
Space Coast Drivers - Melbourne, FL
$10.50 an hour
Florida Driver License. Drive your own car, van or pickup, picking up & delivering auto parts. This is a 1099 contractor position, not an employee....
Apply with your Indeed Resume
6 days ago - save job - more...

This is a contract job so they don't have to pay minimum wage. They put out a report that it cost $7.00 an hour to run your car when I used to work for www.uber.com. So the person taking this job is only making $3.50 an hour. How can they afford to pay so little and still keep the parts delivery on time. Easy answer is illegal immigrants doing the job.

Otherwise we end up working for a living to live like they do in Hong Kong -->
1*PEtrJP_rzw0Ry4EmT-kPSw.jpeg
or living like they do in Japans big cities -->
coffinhotel.jpg
Were Americans and deserve better. If you work for a living you deserve to earn a living. I didn't say enough to raise a family so don't throw that in there.

This is an example of why you need a minimum living wage. It's also why we don't need immigrants moving in to cause wage deflation.

$10.50 an hour
Florida Driver License. Drive your own car, van or pickup, picking up & delivering auto parts. This is a 1099 contractor position, not an employee....

This is a contract job so they don't have to pay minimum wage. They put out a report that it cost $7.00 an hour to run your car when I used to work for www.uber.com. So the person taking this job is only making $3.50 an hour. How can they afford to pay so little and still keep the parts delivery on time. Easy answer is illegal immigrants doing the job.

coffinhotel.jpg
Were Americans and deserve better. If you work for a living you deserve to earn a living. I didn't say enough to raise a family so don't throw that in there.

As a sub-contractor you are working for yourself.
You can pay yourself as much as you want...

No artificial minimum wage will work unless propped up by Gov. The way to drive up wage is to have jobs outpace workers to fill them. No ifs buts or exceptions.

$10.50 an hour

coffinhotel.jpg
/----/ Don't take the job. The company has the FREEDOM to make an offer that works for them and the prospective drivers have the FREEDOM to laugh in his face. I wouldn't take the job under those conditions.

...If you work for a living you deserve to earn a living...
In a free market the amount of money that is paid for a person's labor is set by agreement --between employer and employee. That's how real life works, that prices are set by the buyers and the sellers.

It's a fantasy to think the state can somehow change real life. Sure, a gov't can force arbitrary prices on buyers'n'sellers, but whenever a price is higher than market we get surpluses, and whenever the price is lower there are shortages. USDA price supports end in surplus farm products. Soviet forced lowering of bread prices looked like this:
pic011.jpg

$10.50 an hour

coffinhotel.jpg

Would it surprise you to know that no one is FORCING anyone to take that job under those terms? How about instead of imposing YOUR personal superior knowledge of how the world should be and what people should have and want, you let the market and the individuals involved work it out?

$10.50 an hour

coffinhotel.jpg
/----/ Don't take the job. The company has the FREEDOM to make an offer that works for them and the prospective drivers have the FREEDOM to laugh in his face. I wouldn't take the job under those conditions.

I make more than that now, so I wouldn't either. Back when that would have been comparable to my hourly wage, it would have depended on a lot of circumstances: how much travel is actually involved, am I expected to take on other job responsibilities in addition to the delivering, how many hours a day would actually be expected, do I get paid whether there are any deliveries to be made or not . . .

It might cost $7 an hour to drive for Uber, as Sly says, but parts delivery probably ain't as busy as Uber is.

The last thing we need is the stupid oppressive government dictating wages. Wages should be negotiated between the employer and employee. Bureaucrats and asshole politicians elected by special interest groups need to star out of the negotiation.

$10.50 an hour

coffinhotel.jpg

Are people living on that wage?

Just because you want to eat steak and lobster every night.

The reason Americans got used to paying so well was because of free market capitalism. The more people you have out there able to have an idea for a product/service that people want, the more opportunity there is for those people with ideas to need help bringing that stuff to market. They need to hire skilled and unskilled workers to get going instead of investing in automation technology.

The more you screw around with an industry through regulations, the more you'll depress people's ability to enter that industry and meet needs. It entrenches the companies in that space even more. Every company has two ways of maximizing (or just maintaining) profit: sell more at the same cost, or sell the same at a lower cost. If they and others aren't innovating in that space, then they tend to spend more automating their processes which put unskilled (and some skilled) labor out of a job with not as many people there to pick up the slack.

The idea of a guaranteed income is 100% completely counter to the above in every way and only ends with total equality: everyone in abject poverty except for the ruling class.

$10.50 an hour

coffinhotel.jpg

Wait. You don't think Japanese people live like that, do you? You wouldn't be trying to pass along bullshit, would you?

$10.50 an hour

coffinhotel.jpg
Be Grateful That Somebody Relieves You of Tedious Chores

Capitalist captives aren't allowed to realize that someone doing a menial job frees more productive workers to concentrate on their own work and use their particular valuable skill. For example, a cleaning woman does what the cubicle workers would have to do themselves if she wasn't there. Likewise, a fast-food worker creates work time for someone who would have to otherwise cook his own food.

$10.50 an hour

coffinhotel.jpg

Are people living on that wage?

Just because you want to eat steak and lobster every night.
Damn I missed one of the extremes. You always go there. I mean normal well balance meals. No extravagance whatsoever.

$10.50 an hour

coffinhotel.jpg

Wait. You don't think Japanese people live like that, do you? You wouldn't be trying to pass along bullshit, would you?
Living in a box: The tiny 'coffin' apartments of Tokyo which cost up to £400 a month to rent | Daily Mail Online

$10.50 an hour

coffinhotel.jpg

Living in a box: The tiny 'coffin' apartments of Tokyo which cost up to £400 a month to rent | Daily Mail Online

No. Those are hotel rooms. People don't "live" in them. They are not apartments.

Check Your sources.

Forum List

Back