Why we need a minimum living wage.

This is an example of why you need a minimum living wage. It's also why we don't need immigrants moving in to cause wage deflation.

Delivery Driver - your own car, van or pickup
Space Coast Drivers - Melbourne, FL
$10.50 an hour
Florida Driver License. Drive your own car, van or pickup, picking up & delivering auto parts. This is a 1099 contractor position, not an employee....
Apply with your Indeed Resume
6 days ago - save job - more...

This is a contract job so they don't have to pay minimum wage. They put out a report that it cost $7.00 an hour to run your car when I used to work for www.uber.com. So the person taking this job is only making $3.50 an hour. How can they afford to pay so little and still keep the parts delivery on time. Easy answer is illegal immigrants doing the job.

Working for so little should be a crime! Literally?

Simple. Don't take the job.

This is an example of why you need a minimum living wage. It's also why we don't need immigrants moving in to cause wage deflation.

$10.50 an hour
Florida Driver License. Drive your own car, van or pickup, picking up & delivering auto parts. This is a 1099 contractor position, not an employee....

This is a contract job so they don't have to pay minimum wage. They put out a report that it cost $7.00 an hour to run your car when I used to work for www.uber.com. So the person taking this job is only making $3.50 an hour. How can they afford to pay so little and still keep the parts delivery on time. Easy answer is illegal immigrants doing the job.

Working for so little should be a crime! Literally?

Simple. Don't take the job.

And if they do - who should be punished?

$10.50 an hour

Otherwise we end up working for a living to live like they do in Hong Kong -->
1*PEtrJP_rzw0Ry4EmT-kPSw.jpeg
or living like they do in Japans big cities -->
coffinhotel.jpg
Were Americans and deserve better. If you work for a living you deserve to earn a living. I didn't say enough to raise a family so don't throw that in there.

No one is required to do it, if they chose to do so, then that's on them.

The alternative is to not collect a wage, to not have money for food. That's no choice. That's slave wages.

No, the alternative is to find a job that suits you better.
They're that plentiful where you are from.
I'm bi-polar and can't stand for more than 10 minutes at a time, in constant pain from teeth aches with no medical for my teeth. Pre-diabetic, with diabetic nerve damage to my feet and hands. And COPD. I have to take what I can get. But I need to pay the rent.

Sounds like you'd be perfect for a Walmart greeter. Well except for your entitled disposition.

And while you're pondering that, think about Steven Hawking, I think he was a bit more handicapped than you, he was still successful.

If I could do it while sitting.

The alternative is to not collect a wage, to not have money for food. That's no choice. That's slave wages.

I'm bi-polar and can't stand for more than 10 minutes at a time, in constant pain from teeth aches with no medical for my teeth. Pre-diabetic, with diabetic nerve damage to my feet and hands. And COPD. I have to take what I can get. But I need to pay the rent.

Sounds like you'd be perfect for a Walmart greeter. Well except for your entitled disposition.

And while you're pondering that, think about Steven Hawking, I think he was a bit more handicapped than you, he was still successful.

I've seen many doing exactly that, but once again, you'd have to lose the entitled attitude.

The alternative is to not collect a wage, to not have money for food. That's no choice.

Yet that's the choice minimum wage forces on people. If you can't earn the minimum - too bad, you're not allowed to work. Get in the welfare line.

$10.50 an hour

Otherwise we end up working for a living to live like they do in Hong Kong -->
1*PEtrJP_rzw0Ry4EmT-kPSw.jpeg
or living like they do in Japans big cities -->
coffinhotel.jpg
Were Americans and deserve better. If you work for a living you deserve to earn a living. I didn't say enough to raise a family so don't throw that in there.

You sound like you should be eligible for SSDI, have you applied for it?
When I was physically fit I applied for Service Related Disability. It was disproved due to not being cause due to my service. I applied for Disability and was denied because I had a job. I applied a third time with a lawyer 3 months ago. But I got rent to pay. My family will be homeless before they approve me. My Sister has Liver Psoriasis, Real bad periods that leak every where, and her medicine puts her to sleep when she can get it. They said she could work a sit down job and turned her down for disability. She's doing her third appeal now. My mother is retired. One nephew is a CSM at Walmart. The other can't hold down a job because he's got emotional disorders just like I do, but without medical insurance he hasn't been properly diagnosed. I have medical through the VA. Together the bills manage to get paid until I lost my job. Lost the first one 3 months ago because I posted on FB that Peaceful Muslims have the same goal that Violent Muslims have, a world wide Caliphate. My employer fired me for racism. Muslim is not a race. My last job I lost because I made a mistake. I checked the wrong box and charged a customer $299 too much on his credit card.

My family can't make it without my income. I have no income. No amount of philosophizing will change that.

And, immigrants are not keeping wages low.

That's a lie.

Next.
It's the truth. I bet you thought they were all rocket scientists.

PROVE IT!!!!!
Dude more people applying for jobs, less reason for employers to raise wages to attract employees. Some things just need common sense to apply. Only the morons would need proof.

If they don't have enough employees to fill the jobs they raise wages to attract more employees and yes if necessary they pass the increase on to the consumer.

No. That is the standard "common sense" answer. But it does not hold up.

We currently have net negative immigration. Wages have not risen. The correlation cannot be made.

FACT CHECK: Have Immigrants Lowered Wages For Blue-Collar American Workers?

What Immigration Means For U.S. Employment and Wages

Of course it holds up, back in the 80s painters or dry wallers for example made middle class wages with benefits , now it's all low wages done by Mexicans

I've seen many doing exactly that, but once again, you'd have to lose the entitled attitude.

Dude I'm a hardline Libertarian who believes we should sterilize poor people who collect government handouts so they won't produce more poor people who will need handouts. On another thread I'm preaching the merits of aborting those with genetic disorders such as Downs syndrome and that Gay gene as a solution to many of our problems. I see nothing wrong with the rich helping the poor as long as the poor stop multiplying while being helped. If I and my family weren't one of the weak, I would be prattling on, like a lot of people on here, let them die because supporting the weak weakens a country by siphoning off their resources onto those who serve no purpose and produce no net benefit for the countries that they live in.

Words work perfectly well when your one of the ones making it, but when your one of the ones being culled...

Dude I'm a hardline Libertarian who believes we should sterilize poor people who collect government handouts so they won't produce more poor people who will need handouts....

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but there's nothing remotely 'libertarian' about that kind of belief.

Dude I'm a hardline Libertarian who believes we should sterilize poor people who collect government handouts so they won't produce more poor people who will need handouts....

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but there's nothing remotely 'libertarian' about that kind of belief.
I think people should be free to do any damn thing they want to do as long as it doesn't effect another persons rights.
I believe that those who have more should help those who need it but limits need to be put in place to insure the needy don't become a bottomless pit, ie sterilization.
Compassionate Libertarian.

You sound like you should be eligible for SSDI, have you applied for it?
When I was physically fit I applied for Service Related Disability. It was disproved due to not being cause due to my service. I applied for Disability and was denied because I had a job. I applied a third time with a lawyer 3 months ago. But I got rent to pay. My family will be homeless before they approve me. My Sister has Liver Psoriasis, Real bad periods that leak every where, and her medicine puts her to sleep when she can get it. They said she could work a sit down job and turned her down for disability. She's doing her third appeal now. My mother is retired. One nephew is a CSM at Walmart. The other can't hold down a job because he's got emotional disorders just like I do, but without medical insurance he hasn't been properly diagnosed. I have medical through the VA. Together the bills manage to get paid until I lost my job. Lost the first one 3 months ago because I posted on FB that Peaceful Muslims have the same goal that Violent Muslims have, a world wide Caliphate. My employer fired me for racism. Muslim is not a race. My last job I lost because I made a mistake. I checked the wrong box and charged a customer $299 too much on his credit card.

My family can't make it without my income. I have no income. No amount of philosophizing will change that.

Oh , now I get the OP, it takes years to get disability

I just checked the job market in Melbourne on indeed , the pay sucks for what I do.. $14 ~ $18 an hour? Fuck you

I think people should be free to do any damn thing they want to do as long as it doesn't effect another persons rights.
I believe that those who have more should help those who need it but limits need to be put in place to insure the needy don't become a bottomless pit, ie sterilization.
Compassionate Libertarian.

Has Fakey been tutoring you?

I am doing contract work in a burb of charollet right now, they can't find anyone, same as Ohio when I was there 2 weeks ago

I am doing contract work in a burb of charollet right now, they can't find anyone, same as Ohio when I was there 2 weeks ago
Here's the problem about moving, assuming I could do your job. I can't afford the gas to drive to Ohio, much less to continue paying rent at home for my family while I find this job in Ohio and live in a tent, which I don't have, while doing it.

Here's the problem about moving, assuming I could do your job. I can't afford the gas to drive to Ohio, much less to continue paying rent at home for my family while I find this job in Ohio and live in a tent, which I don't have, while doing it.

Truck drivers are always hiring.. they will give you a greyhound bus pass to one of their schools ..its tough but you could get your CDL and bank some money.

Clarification, I see help wanted signs everywhere and at the two huge company's I was at...operators are making $50 to $100 grand a year. Non union, all the OT you want.

Don't take this personal, but I hear you spending a lot more time coming up with reasons why things have to suck and can't possibly be made better than I do coming up with plans for improvement.

Forum List

Back