Why we need a minimum living wage.

I am doing contract work in a burb of charollet right now, they can't find anyone, same as Ohio when I was there 2 weeks ago
Here's the problem about moving, assuming I could do your job. I can't afford the gas to drive to Ohio, much less to continue paying rent at home for my family while I find this job in Ohio and live in a tent, which I don't have, while doing it.

Don't take this personal, but I hear you spending a lot more time coming up with reasons why things have to suck and can't possibly be made better than I do coming up with plans for improvement.
Besides winning the lottery what plans? If they cost money they won't work cuz I ain't got none.

Not once... not ever, in the entire history of the debate over minimum/living wage, has any advocate for a minimum/living wage provided a legitimate source for their moral authority to decide for other people what their work is worth.

Not once. Not ever.

And I'm not talking about holding an opinion on the matter. You can have any dopey opinion on any subject you wish. I'm talking about the authority to decide for others.

So, why is that? Why can't these sanctimonious arbiters of the value of other people's work explain to us in meaningful terms why their authority is legitimate, and how they came by it?

I am doing contract work in a burb of charollet right now, they can't find anyone, same as Ohio when I was there 2 weeks ago
Here's the problem about moving, assuming I could do your job. I can't afford the gas to drive to Ohio, much less to continue paying rent at home for my family while I find this job in Ohio and live in a tent, which I don't have, while doing it.

Don't take this personal, but I hear you spending a lot more time coming up with reasons why things have to suck and can't possibly be made better than I do coming up with plans for improvement.
Besides winning the lottery what plans? If they cost money they won't work cuz I ain't got none.

Then you're absolutely right. You're utterly helpless to ever do anything but suffer and die. Just so you understand that it's not society or circumstance that have made you helpless; it's your own choice to be so.

And, immigrants are not keeping wages low.

That's a lie.

Next.
It's the truth. I bet you thought they were all rocket scientists.

PROVE IT!!!!!

If they don't have enough employees to fill the jobs they raise wages to attract more employees and yes if necessary they pass the increase on to the consumer.
Oinkonomics Made Simple

As if the consumer slavishly submits to the corpies passing the buck.

Forum List

Back