Why we need a minimum living wage.

This is an example of why you need a minimum living wage. It's also why we don't need immigrants moving in to cause wage deflation.

Delivery Driver - your own car, van or pickup
Space Coast Drivers - Melbourne, FL
$10.50 an hour
Florida Driver License. Drive your own car, van or pickup, picking up & delivering auto parts. This is a 1099 contractor position, not an employee....
Apply with your Indeed Resume
6 days ago - save job - more...

This is a contract job so they don't have to pay minimum wage. They put out a report that it cost $7.00 an hour to run your car when I used to work for www.uber.com. So the person taking this job is only making $3.50 an hour. How can they afford to pay so little and still keep the parts delivery on time. Easy answer is illegal immigrants doing the job.

Otherwise we end up working for a living to live like they do in Hong Kong -->
1*PEtrJP_rzw0Ry4EmT-kPSw.jpeg
or living like they do in Japans big cities -->
coffinhotel.jpg
Were Americans and deserve better. If you work for a living you deserve to earn a living. I didn't say enough to raise a family so don't throw that in there.

As a sub-contractor you are working for yourself.
You can pay yourself as much as you want...
Don't be stupider than you have to be.

This is an example of why you need a minimum living wage. It's also why we don't need immigrants moving in to cause wage deflation.

$10.50 an hour
Florida Driver License. Drive your own car, van or pickup, picking up & delivering auto parts. This is a 1099 contractor position, not an employee....

This is a contract job so they don't have to pay minimum wage. They put out a report that it cost $7.00 an hour to run your car when I used to work for www.uber.com. So the person taking this job is only making $3.50 an hour. How can they afford to pay so little and still keep the parts delivery on time. Easy answer is illegal immigrants doing the job.

coffinhotel.jpg
Were Americans and deserve better. If you work for a living you deserve to earn a living. I didn't say enough to raise a family so don't throw that in there.

Wait. You don't think Japanese people live like that, do you? You wouldn't be trying to pass along bullshit, would you?
Living in a box: The tiny 'coffin' apartments of Tokyo which cost up to £400 a month to rent | Daily Mail Online

No. Those are hotel rooms. People don't "live" in them. They are not apartments.

Check Your sources.
They live in them during the work week. Then go home to their Parents house on the weekends in the country.

$10.50 an hour

coffinhotel.jpg

Wait. You don't think Japanese people live like that, do you? You wouldn't be trying to pass along bullshit, would you?
Living in a box: The tiny 'coffin' apartments of Tokyo which cost up to £400 a month to rent | Daily Mail Online

No. Those are hotel rooms. People don't "live" in them. They are not apartments.

Check Your sources.
They live in them during the work week. Then go home to their Parents house on the weekends in the country.

$10.50 an hour

coffinhotel.jpg

Check Your sources.

Perhaps in extreme cases. But they are not apartments and are not considered homes.

And, immigrants are not keeping wages low.

That's a lie.

Next.
It's the truth. I bet you thought they were all rocket scientists.

PROVE IT!!!!!
Dude more people applying for jobs, less reason for employers to raise wages to attract employees. Some things just need common sense to apply. Only the morons would need proof.

If they don't have enough employees to fill the jobs they raise wages to attract more employees and yes if necessary they pass the increase on to the consumer.

That's a lie.

Next.

PROVE IT!!!!!
Dude more people applying for jobs, less reason for employers to raise wages to attract employees. Some things just need common sense to apply. Only the morons would need proof.

If they don't have enough employees to fill the jobs they raise wages to attract more employees and yes if necessary they pass the increase on to the consumer.

No. That is the standard "common sense" answer. But it does not hold up.

We currently have net negative immigration. Wages have not risen. The correlation cannot be made.

FACT CHECK: Have Immigrants Lowered Wages For Blue-Collar American Workers?

What Immigration Means For U.S. Employment and Wages

And...I just took a look to see what you are all about.

Don't bother furthering the discussion. I've lost interest.

$10.50 an hour

coffinhotel.jpg

Check Your sources.

$10.50 an hour

coffinhotel.jpg

Check Your sources.

Perhaps in extreme cases. But they are not apartments and are not considered homes.

Living in a box: The desperate workers forced to live in tiny 'coffin' apartments of Tokyo - which still cost up to £400 a month to rent

They are barely large enough for a single person to squeeze into at all, let alone swing a cat.

But incredibly these tiny 'coffin' apartments in central Tokyo still command rents of up to £400 a month.

The Japanese capital is one of the most crowded cities in the world, and to cash in on the chronic housing problem, landlords have developed what are known as 'geki-sema' or share houses.

article-0-1859C822000005DC-752_634x356.jpg

Most are used by young professionals who spend most of their time at work and outdoors, using these tiny accommodations just for sleeping.

No space like home: Many of the 'geki-sema' share houses don't even have windows

Read more: Living in a box: The tiny 'coffin' apartments of Tokyo which cost up to £400 a month to rent | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook[/quote]
Tokyo renters paying $568 for tiny coffin-sized apartments
Tokyo renters paying $568 for tiny coffin-sized apartments

These Photos Of Tiny, Futuristic Japanese Apartments Show How Micro Micro-Apartments Can Be
Micro-apartments have been experiencing a renaissance of late. They represent a seemingly straightforward antidote to persistent affordable housing shortages in dense growing cities: If the rent-per-square-foot is too damn high, why not lower the number of square feet?

Today, Minami says half the occupied capsules are offices, and those used as apartments house young and old, men and women, functioning as everything from weekend second homes to cheap, primary housing. Instead of becoming a model for construction (as hoped), it is the only building of its kind. “By the time the building was finished in 1972, in many ways that historical moment had already passed,” says Minami. The ’60s were over, and Metabolism was no longer avant garde.

These Photos Of Tiny, Futuristic Japanese Apartments Show How Micro Micro-Apartments Can Be

They are thinking of putting them in, in Manhattan.

$10.50 an hour

coffinhotel.jpg

No one is required to do it, if they chose to do so, then that's on them.

That's a lie.

Next.

PROVE IT!!!!!

No. That is the standard "common sense" answer. But it does not hold up.

We currently have net negative immigration. Wages have not risen. The correlation cannot be made.

FACT CHECK: Have Immigrants Lowered Wages For Blue-Collar American Workers?

What Immigration Means For U.S. Employment and Wages
How is it a company can afford to pay 10.50 an hour for you to deliver parts in your own car while you pay for your own $3.00 a gallon gas. I'll tell you by immigrants living 15 per household sharing the cost. Or for Uber picking up fares for 0.75 per mile when they spend more than half their time driving to the pickup point putting unpaid miles on the vehicle. Or sitting idle with AC on waiting for their next ping. Can't sit without AC because then you'll sweat, then you'll stink after 16 hours, then you'll get 1 star'd, then you'd get shit canned.

No American should have to live like a Mexican.

$10.50 an hour

coffinhotel.jpg

The alternative is to not collect a wage, to not have money for food. That's no choice. That's slave wages.

$10.50 an hour

coffinhotel.jpg

The alternative is to not collect a wage, to not have money for food. That's no choice. That's slave wages.

No, the alternative is to find a job that suits you better.

$10.50 an hour

coffinhotel.jpg

They're that plentiful where you are from.
I'm bi-polar and can't stand for more than 10 minutes at a time, in constant pain from teeth aches with no medical for my teeth. Pre-diabetic, with diabetic nerve damage to my feet and hands. And COPD. I have to take what I can get. But I need to pay the rent.

$10.50 an hour

coffinhotel.jpg

I'm bi-polar and can't stand for more than 10 minutes at a time, in constant pain from teeth aches with no medical for my teeth. Pre-diabetic, with diabetic nerve damage to my feet and hands. And COPD. I have to take what I can get. But I need to pay the rent.

No, the job situation where I'm from sucks . . . which is why I moved to a place that DOES have plentiful jobs. Last time I wasn't pleased with the jobs that were available to me, I got the necessary training to find a better job. And I will be doing that again soon.

You seem to be presuming that you are the only one with problems, and if other people aren't bitching and complaining about how the government should fix their lives, it must be because THEY don't have any obstacles.

I'll see your bipolar, and raise you a borderline personality disorder, which means I not only have a low tolerance for human contact, I can actually become violent without serious meds. I can't stand for more than ten minutes at a time or so, AND I have a moderately severe hearing impairment that makes any job that requires regular telephone use undoable.

Life sometimes sucks beyond the telling of it. Doesn't make MY life anyone else's responsibility.

$10.50 an hour

coffinhotel.jpg

Bullshit, there are more than 6 million jobs open, according to your OP they already have reliable transportation, that's half the battle. So take your commie BS and shove it.

$10.50 an hour

coffinhotel.jpg

Sounds like you'd be perfect for a Walmart greeter. Well except for your entitled disposition.

And while you're pondering that, think about Steven Hawking, I think he was a bit more handicapped than you, he was still successful.

Last edited:

$10.50 an hour

coffinhotel.jpg

You sound like you should be eligible for SSDI, have you applied for it?

$10.50 an hour

coffinhotel.jpg

You cannot be pre-diabetic and have diabetic nerve damage! I know, because I am diabetic.

No one said life is fair. If you truly can't work, apply for disability.

$10.50 an hour

Working for so little should be a crime! Literally?

Forum List

Back