Why we should listen to the 97%

Ordinary people can't deduct their work expenses on a non business form.
Ummm...

Tax Topics - Topic 514 Employee Business Expenses

Topic 514 - Employee Business Expenses
If you are an employee, you may be able to deduct your work-related expenses as an itemized deduction (subject to limitations) on Form 1040, Schedule A (PDF). Additional information on this subject can be found in the Form 1040, Schedule A Instructions. Also, you may refer to Topic 511 for additional information on business travel expenses.​

Ummm...

If you are an employee, you may be able to deduct your work-related expenses as an itemized deduction (subject to limitations) on Form 1040, Schedule A (PDF). Additional information on this subject can be found in the Form 1040, Schedule A Instructions. Also, you may refer to Topic 511 for additional information on business travel expenses.​
I'm retired.

But I am suffering no confusion about subsidies. If a government takes an action that benefits a restricted group (say, the petrochemical industry, or wind farms, or nuclear power stations or coal mining companies) and by doing so either expends public funds or reduces revenues to the public exchequer, then I would lump that activity into the soup tureen currently under discussion. It doesn't really matter how its accomplished - if the government spends our money on them, we need to know about it and we need to express our happiness or our displeasure at the practice.

If a government takes an action that benefits a restricted group

If the government allows every business to deduct their business expenses, to calculate taxable earnings, is that "an action that benefits a restricted group"?

Ordinary people can't deduct their work expenses on a non business form. Why should businesses get special treatment for their expenses?

You're a 10,000 volt ignoramus. The income tax allows government to tax income. For a business income is defined as revenue minus expenses. "Work expenses" are not business expenses. The IRS doesn't allow you to use them to calculate your income. You may not like it, but take it up with the IRS.

Ordinary people can't deduct their work expenses on a non business form. Why should businesses get special treatment for their expenses?

What work expenses do you have that you feel you should be able to deduct?

Work clothes, tools, transporatation, lunches, whores.

Work clothes (if not reimbursed by the employer and required) ARE deductible.

Why isn't your employer reimbursing for tools and transport?
If you are SELF-EMPLOYED -- you can deduct it.

I can't deduct lunches unless it's BUSINESS related even as a biz owner. If its biz, your EMPLOYER should subsidize it.

Whores are always deductible as long as they are consultants with a notepad..

Whattheflock you bitchin' about Snookie-poo?

What work expenses do you have that you feel you should be able to deduct?

I can't deduct lunches unless it's BUSINESS related even as a biz owner. If its biz, your EMPLOYER should subsidize it.

If you are self employed you have to pay double ss taxes.

You get to deduct half.

You get to deduct half.

You have to pay half.

If you are self employed, the costs of doing business are not included in your adjusted gross income on your income tax form.

If you work for wages, you cannot use the required expenses associated with your job to reduce your adjusted gross income, the expenses you can deduct are pretty restricted, and you can only deduct the amount that exceeds 2% of your adjusted gross income which often means most won't be deductible at all.

And this has what to do with global warming?

If you are self employed, the costs of doing business are not included in your adjusted gross income on your income tax form.

If you work for wages, you cannot use the required expenses associated with your job to reduce your adjusted gross income, the expenses you can deduct are pretty restricted, and you can only deduct the amount that exceeds 2% of your adjusted gross income which often means most won't be deductible at all.

And this has what to do with global warming?

Verbal discourse causing friction, producing heat.

By the way, I was just reading that the arctic summer ice melt was way less than predicted and just days before the winter freeze begins, the ice cover in the arctic is at near average levels. The ice cover in the Anarctic is at record levels.

Global cooling: Arctic ice caps grows by 60% against global warming predictions | Mail Online

But to be fair, here is the rebuttal to that by the proverbial 97%:
http://www.theguardian.com/environm...ep/09/climate-change-arctic-sea-ice-delusions

And what appears to be a non-alarmist, reasoned discussion of arctic conditions here:
http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

Last edited:

Yeah... Aint that a bitch? So what? THAT'S THE INDIVIDUAL RATE..
It's Kabuki theatre to think that "your employer pays the other half".. It comes out of your hide one way or another.

How is it a BENEFIT FOR BIZ to have to do TAX COLLECTION for Fed/State/Local govts and PAY FICA taxes??

What does all this have to do with the RIDICULOUS claims of "oil subsidies" that aren't subsidies or UNIQUE tax breaks??? Treat ALL people the same.. Treat ALL businesses the same.

I've seen claims that the US HIGHWAY system is a "tax break for the oil companies".. The numbers are ludicrously padded and fudged..

who cares?

The only % that matters is the 3% in blue there on the graph below!!! That little itty bitty blue sliver there that makes me laugh my balls off every time i see it!!!

thats called..........not winning.:2up:

And there are about 450,000 other graphs just like it, all of which should be entitled, "the k00ks are losing"

good

The 97% is demonstrably real.

The contention that they are PROBABLY correct, is unassailable.

Ummm...

I'm retired.
So? You're also wrong.

The 97% is demonstrably real.

The contention that they are PROBABLY correct, is unassailable.

Probably correct about what, exactly?

If you asked 1000 scientists if spitting in the ocean would make sea level rise, probably at least 99% would say yes. Then the global warming nutburgers would run around hysterically screaming that a "consensus of scientists" agreed that rising sea levels were going to wipe out civilization.

Forum List

Back