Why Won't Liberals Admit that the Economy Has Improved Markedly Under Trump?

In a bizarre display of refusing to take yes for an answer and of not wanting to hear good news, most liberals continue to deny that the economy has improved substantially under Trump. Do they not realize that average Americans who are benefiting from the improved economy will view liberal denials as odd and unpersuasive? Consider:

* The stock market has grown more under Trump since the month he was elected than it did under Obama in 4 years. In January 2013, the stock market was at 13,900 (I'm rounding off for convenience sometimes). In late October 2016, the month before Trump was elected, the market was at 18,100. That's a gain of 4,200 points in 4 years. Just three weeks after Trump's election, the market jumped by over 1,000 points, going from 18,100 to 19,152 in late November 2016. As of last week, the market stood at 24,271, a gain of 6,000 points.

* Since Trump took office in January 2017, over 2.9 million new jobs have been created.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

* The unemployment rate has dropped to 3.8%, the lowest rate since April 2000. The lowest unemployment rate under Obama was 4.6%.

Notice: Data not available: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics [you have to set the search parameters to go back to January 2000]

* We now have more manufacturing jobs than we ever did under Obama. As of May 2018, there were 12,670,000 manufacturing jobs. Under Obama, the highest number of manufacturing jobs was 12,370,000.

* Since Trump took office, there have been 304,000 new manufacturing jobs created. In contrast, under Obama, we *lost* manufacturing jobs, going from 1,256,000 in January 2009 to 1,236,900 in January 2017, a loss of 30,000 manufacturing jobs.

* Black and Hispanic unemployment rates are at historic lows.

Black, Hispanic unemployment rates hit record lows in April

* Under Trump, the U-6 unemployment rate, aka the "real unemployment rate," has dropped a staggering 1.8 percentage points, or a whopping 17%, going from 9.4% in January 2017 to 7.6% in May.

U6 Unemployment Rate | Portal Seven

But rather than rejoice in all this good economic news, most liberals insist on living in some parallel universe where the economy is doing badly or barely making any progress. Very odd.
Right after Obama was sworn in, unemployment was over 10%. You yourself said 4.6 when he left.
It's called "trend".
Yeah, right. Body Odorama fudged the numbers to make his sorry ass look good. People out of work weren't considered unemployed because they used up their unemployment pay..
The unemployment rate has never ever been based on unemployment insurance benefits: it's not even asked about.
Of course, but when benefits run out they are u-n-e-m-p-l-o-y-e-d. None of this crap of not counting them because of U-6, B-12 or any other hoss crap.
whether or not someone's benefits have fun out, or whether they ever received benefits of were even eligible, has nothing at all to do with being classified as unemployed. You can be unemployed and never had a job in your life.
A person who never had a job cannot be unemployed. What about a housewife who has never had a salaried job?

Right after Obama was sworn in, unemployment was over 10%. You yourself said 4.6 when he left.
It's called "trend".
Yeah, right. Body Odorama fudged the numbers to make his sorry ass look good. People out of work weren't considered unemployed because they used up their unemployment pay..

The method for calculating unemployment did not change when Trump took office, and did not change at all under Obama from his predecessor.

It is scary the lies that people blindly believe

Like I said, there'd only 2 genders (Metaphor) : unemployed and unemployed. Anything else is BS.
so infants, prisoners, people in nursing homes are unemployed, and no different from people trying and f ailing to find work. you are unemployed, and you should be considered the same as a 24 year old who has been applying for jobs and can't get his foot in the door. That is a bizarre opinion and not in the least useful for figuring out the job situation.

I'm talking about a person that is working vs. a person who was working and became unemployed. There ain't no other factors involved and if there are, then what are they.
so you weren't being entirely truthful when you said there were only two categories. Ok. Good, you can admit that.

unemployed means the person (16 years of older, not in prison, or institution), wants a job, could accept a job if offered, and is actually trying to get a job. A 16 year old looking for his first job is unemployed. A woman who stopped working to raise kids is not unemployed unless/until she decides she wants to work again and then is unemployed when she starts looking.

a 20 year old drop-out who gets fired and prefers to live in mom's basement smoking pot and playing video games is not unemployed.

unemployed means would be working if there was an available job. If you're not trying to work, it doesn't make any difference if there are available jobs or not.

someone not trying to work cannot be hired until they do. They tell us nothing about how hard it is to find work, which is the whole point of measuring unemployment

One should be honest with himself ....regardless if we like trump or Obama. Obama's trend is continuing...infact I'm in real estate, stocks and I can tell you that the bomb is ticking...I stopped trading or looking for real estate deals 6 months ago...and for the first time in at least 8 years. I see price drop on real estate deals in some prime desired locations for developers.
One has to be naif to thing trump did anything significant to better the economy.

The stock market is not the economy.

No, but it's a big part of the economy, and it affects a lot of workers' 401Ks.

GDP still hasn't hit 3.0. When it does, we'll need to sustain it.

True, but look at other key indicators. And the tax cuts have only been in effect for barely 5 months. It takes time for such things to have their full effect.

Wage increases are still at below 3.0%. We have to get above that and sustain it.

Humm, is that measuring all the millions of workers whose monthly take-home pay has gone up by several percentage points? Workers at the upper end of the second bracket, in the third bracket, and in the fourth bracket have seen their monthly-take home pay rise by $80-$500. I'm in the lower half of the third bracket, and my paycheck has gone up $220 per month.

The deficit is forecast to be significantly higher.

Uh-huh, you need to talk to the Senate Democrats about that one. They're the ones who demanded jacked-up spending levels as their price for not filibustering the budget deal.

I'm hoping for the best, but the clock is ticking.

Well, open your eyes. The U-2 and U-6 unemployment rates have both dropped sharply since Trump took office. We've seen growth in manufacturing jobs that we never saw under Obama (in fact, as mentioned, we *lost* manufacturing jobs under Obama). Black and Hispanic unemployment are down. In addition, American money parked overseas is starting to come back to our shores. Business and consumer confidence are rising steadily.

Lowering taxes for one. I don't pay taxes anyhow so it doesn't affect me. But it did affect Democreeps. They think it's their money and it kills them not to give out all that free shit. From now on they will lose votes. Tee Hee Hee
Only a rube would fall for that mirage. Youre going to be paying more in taxes shortly not to mention he is eroding any savings with his tariff wars

There's a second tax cut in the works, according to Trump and what do you think our tariffs are gonna do to the other greedy countries? Personally I believe tariffs are gonna be reduced all around.All those countries will get over their hissy fits and things will go to normal.
Some of them were charging us 150% and we either charged 0% or a small percentage. Trump is utilizing his business acumen and skills.
The same acumen that made him go bankrupt all those times?
I can see you have been watching way to much CNN. Trump has always filed chapter 13 which is debt restructuring for the business that he owns. Almost every company has at one time or another. Some companies that he lent his name to but had no control over have indeed gone bankrupt.
If it has his name he is in control!!!
He licensed his name. Kind of like McDonalds let's owners use there name. The Company owns the name and the recognition they do not own the exact burger joint.

The stock market is not the economy.

No, but it's a big part of the economy, and it affects a lot of workers' 401Ks.

GDP still hasn't hit 3.0. When it does, we'll need to sustain it.

True, but look at other key indicators. And the tax cuts have only been in effect for barely 5 months. It takes time for such things to have their full effect.

Wage increases are still at below 3.0%. We have to get above that and sustain it.

Humm, is that measuring all the millions of workers whose monthly take-home pay has gone up by several percentage points? Workers at the upper end of the second bracket, in the third bracket, and in the fourth bracket have seen their monthly-take home pay rise by $80-$500. I'm in the lower half of the third bracket, and my paycheck has gone up $220 per month.

The deficit is forecast to be significantly higher.

Uh-huh, you need to talk to the Senate Democrats about that one. They're the ones who demanded jacked-up spending levels as their price for not filibustering the budget deal.

I'm hoping for the best, but the clock is ticking.

Well, open your eyes. The U-2 and U-6 unemployment rates have both dropped sharply since Trump took office. We've seen growth in manufacturing jobs that we never saw under Obama (in fact, as mentioned, we *lost* manufacturing jobs under Obama). Black and Hispanic unemployment are down. In addition, American money parked overseas is starting to come back to our shores. Business and consumer confidence are rising steadily.
All of my points remain and can't be spun away. The economy continues to improve marginally, but the facts are the facts. And speaking of markets, they're not going to wait much longer before they give up on waiting. My guess is that if we don't see clearly better numbers by mid to late Fall, people are going to start taking their chips off the table. And yes, that could lead to a downdraft.

This trade war threw a real monkey wrench in what was setting up to be one more last run of this old bull market. If the actual economic numbers show better improvement, and if China or another large trading partner blink, we could see a nice run. But as I said, the clock is ticking. Business capex was up last quarter, that could portend some good news.

And deficits matter, a lot. Both parties ignore that fact when in office. What a coincidence.

So this "boom" we're hearing about is coming at a cost, and is nothing more than partisan rhetoric, currently.

Last edited:
In a bizarre display of refusing to take yes for an answer and of not wanting to hear good news, most liberals continue to deny that the economy has improved substantially under Trump. Do they not realize that average Americans who are benefiting from the improved economy will view liberal denials as odd and unpersuasive? Consider:

* The stock market has grown more under Trump since the month he was elected than it did under Obama in 4 years. In January 2013, the stock market was at 13,900 (I'm rounding off for convenience sometimes). In late October 2016, the month before Trump was elected, the market was at 18,100. That's a gain of 4,200 points in 4 years. Just three weeks after Trump's election, the market jumped by over 1,000 points, going from 18,100 to 19,152 in late November 2016. As of last week, the market stood at 24,271, a gain of 6,000 points.

* Since Trump took office in January 2017, over 2.9 million new jobs have been created.

* The unemployment rate has dropped to 3.8%, the lowest rate since April 2000. The lowest unemployment rate under Obama was 4.6%.

Notice: Data not available: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics [you have to set the search parameters to go back to January 2000]

* We now have more manufacturing jobs than we ever did under Obama. As of May 2018, there were 12,670,000 manufacturing jobs. Under Obama, the highest number of manufacturing jobs was 12,370,000.

* Since Trump took office, there have been 304,000 new manufacturing jobs created. In contrast, under Obama, we *lost* manufacturing jobs, going from 1,256,000 in January 2009 to 1,236,900 in January 2017, a loss of 30,000 manufacturing jobs.

* Black and Hispanic unemployment rates are at historic lows.

Black, Hispanic unemployment rates hit record lows in April

* Under Trump, the U-6 unemployment rate, aka the "real unemployment rate," has dropped a staggering 1.8 percentage points, or a whopping 17%, going from 9.4% in January 2017 to 7.6% in May.

U6 Unemployment Rate | Portal Seven

But rather than rejoice in all this good economic news, most liberals insist on living in some parallel universe where the economy is doing badly or barely making any progress. Very odd.
Because it hasnt. Economic policies typically dont take effect for 2 years. Thank Obama for the economy. The next couple of years you will start seeing the effects of Drumpfs decisions.

Oh, so then the Obama recovery was actually started by Bush, lol. Oh what a terrible web we weave, when we practice to gaslight, and deceive-)

Here a list of companies that have given their employees bonuses and/or better benefits and/or pay raises because of the Trump tax cuts. The list is current as of July 2. The list is 213 pages long!

https://www.atr.org/sites/default/files/assets/National List of Tax Reform Good News.pdf

I really wonder if the liberals here simply don't make enough money to have seen any sizable increase in their take-home pay. Maybe for them the tax cuts did not do much good because their income is low enough that they already have a very small federal income tax obligation. If so, they must be in the middle or lower part of the second tax bracket.

But you would think it would occur to our resident liberals that all the millions of workers in the upper part of the second tax bracket and in the third of fourth tax brackets have seen a sizable bump in their take-home pay. So Democrats makes themselves look out of touch and unreliable when they get up and spew this misleading drivel that 80-90% of the tax cut went to the rich and that the middle-class has only gotten "crumbs" or "almost nothing,"

Last edited:
Here a list of companies that have given their employees bonuses and/or better benefits and/or pay raises because of the Trump tax cuts. The list is current as of July 2. The list is 213 pages long!

https://www.atr.org/sites/default/files/assets/National List of Tax Reform Good News.pdf

I really wonder if the liberals here simply don't make enough money to have seen any sizable increase in their take-home pay. Maybe for them the tax cuts did not do much good because their income is low enough that they already have a very small federal income tax obligation. If so, they must be in the middle or lower part of the second tax bracket.

But you would think it would occur to our resident liberals that all the millions of workers in the upper part of the second tax bracket and in the third of fourth tax brackets have seen a sizable bump in their take-home pay. So Democrats makes themselves look out of touch and unreliable when they get up and spew this misleading drivel that 80-90% of the tax cut went to the rich and that the middle-class has only gotten "crumbs" or "almost nothing,"

Lol “list of good news” :rolleyes:

He is the bad news - trillion dollar deficit increase and raises are a small % pass through of the windfall it bought for corporations.

He is the bad news - trillion dollar deficit increase and raises are a small % pass through.
fischer's-lovebird.jpg

He is the bad news - trillion dollar deficit increase and raises are a small % pass through.
fischer's-lovebird.jpg

Humm, uh, are you saying the list is false? Are you saying the economic facts in the OP, which are documented with BLS data, are not true? Or is this just the best response you could think of to avoid having your brainwashing challenged?

fischer's-lovebird.jpg

Humm, uh, are you saying the list is false? Are you saying the economic facts in the OP, which are documented with BLS data, are not true? Or is this just the best response you could think of to avoid having your brainwashing challenged?

Dumbass I’m saying there are serious DOWNSIDES your little “list of good news” is going to omit by definition.

If workers were top priority we could have blown a trillion dollars on them directly instead of watching them get a few % out of the corporate tax-cuts financed by national debt.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back