why won't President Obama or Hillary tell rioters to stop?

Ok, I'm only 18 and obviously naive but if I were President or the person everyone was rioting over not being elected (Mrs. Clinton of course) then I would hold a nationwide press conference and demand for people to stop the rioting and looting and explain to them why. But that's just me. And we know they aren't going to listen to President elect Trump.
Why are President Obama and Mrs. Clinton allowing this to go on without condemning these actions and addressing the chaos and problem on television to the nation and to the rioters themselves?
Am I wrong? Help me understand please... thanks in advance.
Clinton did say something. It wasn't given much air. Obama doesn't remark on protests; only serious riots. Trump's team has put some words in his mouth this a.m., citing the protesters' passion for the country (a few hours earlier they were "unfair" and stooges of the evil media).
There was only one riot, and the police dealt with it as was right. We do not stop protests.

"Obama doesn't remark on protests"

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you aren't lying, but simply a dunce.

"According to the Rev. Al Sharpton, who has appeared frequently in St. Louis with the Brown family and delivered a speech at Mr. Brown’s funeral, Mr. Obama “was concerned about Ferguson staying on course in terms of pursuing what it was that he knew we were advocating. He said he hopes that we’re doing all we can to keep peace.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/17/us/groups-in-ferguson-prepare-for-grand-jury-decision.html?_r=0
Thank you. I did not hear those remarks from our President at the time. I hope you also noted that he was encouraging peace. Protest organizers in that article also talked about their wish to keep it peaceful.

Pllleeeeeezzzzzee.

That last line was simply a throw-away to give him cover from the import of his message.

You recognize that......don't you?

He's a Leftist...violence is their language.

For your edification:

Georges Eugène Sorel (2 November 1847 in Cherbourg – 29 August 1922 in Boulogne-sur-Seine) was a French philosopher and theorist of revolutionary syndicalism. His notion of the power of myth in people's lives inspired Marxists and Fascists, it is, together with his defense of violence, the contribution for which he is most often remembered. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Sorel
I'd like you to practice being a graceful winner, now, PolitcalChic. Pretty please.

1. I respond directly and forcefully.
I can be nicer if you can be smarter.

2. I've said nothing...not a thing....about any prediction of a Trump presidency..
nor have I gloated.

....The fact is, I have great trepidation about same, as every enemy he had during the campaign will do everything they can to keep him from doing the things that will redound to the benefit of the American people.

3. Let's all remember that Obama said when he won:
"President Obama listened to Republican gripes about his stimulus package during a meeting with congressional leaders Friday morning - but he also left no doubt about who's in charge of these negotiations. "I won," Obama noted matter-of-factly, according to sources familiar with the conversation."
Obama to GOP: 'I won'

Now....what were you saying about "being a graceful winner"?

Clinton did say something. It wasn't given much air. Obama doesn't remark on protests; only serious riots. Trump's team has put some words in his mouth this a.m., citing the protesters' passion for the country (a few hours earlier they were "unfair" and stooges of the evil media).
There was only one riot, and the police dealt with it as was right. We do not stop protests.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you aren't lying, but simply a dunce.

"According to the Rev. Al Sharpton, who has appeared frequently in St. Louis with the Brown family and delivered a speech at Mr. Brown’s funeral, Mr. Obama “was concerned about Ferguson staying on course in terms of pursuing what it was that he knew we were advocating. He said he hopes that we’re doing all we can to keep peace.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/17/us/groups-in-ferguson-prepare-for-grand-jury-decision.html?_r=0
Thank you. I did not hear those remarks from our President at the time. I hope you also noted that he was encouraging peace. Protest organizers in that article also talked about their wish to keep it peaceful.

Pllleeeeeezzzzzee.

That last line was simply a throw-away to give him cover from the import of his message.

For your edification:

Georges Eugène Sorel (2 November 1847 in Cherbourg – 29 August 1922 in Boulogne-sur-Seine) was a French philosopher and theorist of revolutionary syndicalism. His notion of the power of myth in people's lives inspired Marxists and Fascists, it is, together with his defense of violence, the contribution for which he is most often remembered. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Sorel
I'd like you to practice being a graceful winner, now, PolitcalChic. Pretty please.

2. I've said nothing...not a thing....about any prediction of a Trump presidency..
nor have I gloated.

....The fact is, I have great trepidation about same, as every enemy he had during the campaign will do everything they can to keep him from doing the things that will redound to the benefit of the American people.

"President Obama listened to Republican gripes about his stimulus package during a meeting with congressional leaders Friday morning - but he also left no doubt about who's in charge of these negotiations. "I won," Obama noted matter-of-factly, according to sources familiar with the conversation."

I guess it takes quite a bit of practice. Don't be discouraged that you didn't catch on right away. Keep trying!

It's interesting to me that we are willing to accept 33,000 deaths as an unfortunate byproduct of the 2nd Amendment.

But break a few windows as a byproduct of the First Amendment, and everyone loses their mind (insert Joker meme).
1) It's interesting to me that LW anti-gunners think banning guns will stop suicide. Let's not forget that only every year over 40,000 Americans commit suicide. About half of those are with a firearm, which severely undermines the anti-gun/pro-gun ban mob's cries about "gun violence" and their infamously misleading "33,000 deaths" number.

Suicide Statistics — AFSP

2) Over 30,000 Americans die every year in auto accidents, about half involving alcohol, yet not a single LW anti-gunner gives a fuck about those deaths. No demands to ban private automobiles or alcohol.

3) Protests are good and a First Amendment right. It doesn't give people a right to deprive others of their rights, vandalize property, commit arson, murder or any other crime. The fact you support them doing this says more about your criminal tendencies than your support for the Constitution.

Pllleeeeeezzzzzee.

For your edification:

nor have I gloated.

I guess it takes quite a bit of practice. Don't be discouraged that you didn't catch on right away. Keep trying!

You've tried to ignore this:

Did you chide Obama on trying to be a graceful winner?

No?

Soooo...you're naught but a partisan windbag?

Naturally, one notes that the protesters are really being upset at the American voters, not Trump. One just doesn't think they realize it.

Ok, I'm only 18 and obviously naive but if I were President or the person everyone was rioting over not being elected (Mrs. Clinton of course) then I would hold a nationwide press conference and demand for people to stop the rioting and looting and explain to them why. But that's just me. And we know they aren't going to listen to President elect Trump.
Why are President Obama and Mrs. Clinton allowing this to go on without condemning these actions and addressing the chaos and problem on television to the nation and to the rioters themselves?

To be 18 years old, you think too much and way too clearly. Watch out for the mob!

Top 12 reasons why Obama, nor Hillary,
have condemned rioters on national television

12. Their favorite movie is, The Purge: Election Year

11. Hillary is too busy helping Michelle in deciding,
what she should take when she leaves

10. According to their latest exit polls, real deplorables favor rioting

9. Its trending on twitter and Instagram

8. They're enjoying one last hurrah together before Hillary goes to jail

7. Hillary's tears keep washing off her make-up

6. They need to enroll in Spanish and ebonic classes to condemn everyone

5. They have been too busy, shredding documents
and cleaning up hard drives with bleachbit, to address rioters

4. Obama thinks he should remain Commander In Chief,
if the Nation is in turmoil and on the brink of a civil war

3. Hillary is praying this will be her Hail Mary Miracle,
that factors into, her becoming the next PotUS, afterall

2. Rioters aren't at home watching TV, they're out in the streets rioting

And, the number one reason why, neither Obama or Hillary,
have come out to condemn rioters on national television is.........

1. Van Jones threatened to kill them, if they did

Wahhhh!!!!

Why won't Obama save us!!!!!!!

Wahhh!!!

Why won't Hillary save us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wahhh!!!!

Fuck that.

It was Trump that said Mexicans are rapists.
It was Trump that said Mexicans are dealers.
It was Trump that said black communities need "law and order" (wink wink)
It was Trump that said he grabs pu$$y whether they want it or NOT.
It was Trump who said he would pay legal fees for those who attack.

Fuck Trump.

Let him get up and get people to stop protesting him. The nasty ass fucker.

So quite whining. You elected him. He wants to lead. So lead asshole.

Don't expect Obama and Hillary to help him.

I know damn well, if I take this tablet to work with me,
I won't get my work done ^

The others are correct. People do have the right under the Constitution to peaceful protest, even if it's against the Government...rioting and destruction of property is illegal.
I think they haven't addressed the riots directly to let local law enforcement handle it. Both Clinton & Obama have tried to present themselves as being peaceful and cooperative toward Trump & his transition to office, but the people aren't listening. There has already been too much division in this country and now there is real fear of Trumps agenda added in and the people have lost all sense safety & security. The media nearly promised them a Clinton victory and now that isn't happening, they are pissed.

Probably because they themselves are divisive. or just extremely inept, one or the other

Wahhhh!!!!

Why won't Obama save us!!!!!!!

Wahhh!!!

Why won't Hillary save us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wahhh!!!!

Fuck that.

It was Trump that said Mexicans are rapists.
It was Trump that said Mexicans are dealers.
It was Trump that said black communities need "law and order" (wink wink)
It was Trump that said he grabs pu$$y whether they want it or NOT.
It was Trump who said he would pay legal fees for those who attack.

Fuck Trump.

Let him get up and get people to stop protesting him. The nasty ass fucker.

So quite whining. You elected him. He wants to lead. So lead asshole.

Don't expect Obama and Hillary to help him.
You must have been conceived on a highway...
that's where most accidents occur.

Obama IS the president, Trump is president elect.
Hillary lost the election, these are their paid protesters.

I think somebody should be addressing paying people to incite riots,
causing property damage, injuries and injecting fear.
This is criminal in itself.

Just further proof that I voted for the right person!

Forum List

Back