Why Work?

Is this ridiculous or what?

• Total voters
So you support someone that relies on someone else being forced to fund their help being able to use drug and still get the handouts? How do they afford the drugs if they can't afford to buy their own damn food?
Never happens in reality. People don't rot, they turn really criminal and cost society real money. Brilliant. Wonder how we got the world's biggest most costly prison system by far, half non-violent druggies. 1/6 of black men are felons and unemployed. Great job!

Perhaps those 1/6 of blacks should quit committing crimes and get a damn job.

While they may not physically rot, when they make choices to do such things, they become rotten and there isn't a bit of difference.
"Get a damn job". Doing what? There are not enough jobs to take all of the unemployed.

And you guys keep ignoring that many who receive public assistance have jobs.

So you want most poor people to work 2 or 3 jobs, and then at the same time you claim that there are enough jobs for everybody.

It is nothing but a lie, and you are simply greedy.

How the hell can someone who only wants to keep what they've earned be greedy? I'm not the one demanding someone else pay higher taxes so I can have handed to me what I don't provide to myself.

I don't ignore that many who get handouts have jobs. That tells me they have low level skills if they work and can't afford to feed themselves.
They have low level skills and there's nothing they can do about it, and there are not enough low level skill jobs for all of them. What do you suggest should happen to them? One of your bretheren said our country ought to be more like Africa where there's real poverty. All so you can keep an extra 1,000 dollars per year and so that your rich slave driver can keep an extra 5 million dollars per year, mostly "earned" from "investment". You are pathetic.

Why do you prostrate yourself for "the man"? Why do you worship fat cats? It's pitiful.

What's pitiful is worshiping irresponsible people, lazy people, leaches of society, people that don't even bother to try, people that think they have rights to working peoples money.

WHY WORK?

When you can sit on your ass and take advantage of up to 126 Welfare and anti poverty programs offered by the Gov't...................

In many states it is more than the minimum wage for those milking the tit of the Federal Gov't.

2 Studies...............ENJOY
http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/PA694.pdf
http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/the_work_versus_welfare_trade-off_2013_wp.pdf

What's in your wallet?
all-states-welfare.jpg

Why do 1000 people show up for 100 shitty jobs at a Walmart if no one wants to work?

Perhaps you actually don't know... which is odd to me.

I have to assume you have never had to deal with welfare and unemployment, and food stamps.

Now, some states are different, so I'm speaking about the rules here in Ohio.

In Ohio, for most benefits, you are required to have applied for at least one jobs every single week. If you do not apply for a job, your benefits are cut off.

So 900 of those people may know they have no chance of getting a job, and may even be applying for the job that they honestly don't want. Because applying for and not getting hired, will still net you government benefits.

The second reason, is that even if you apply for a job every week, eventually you run out of benefits, and you have to work. As long as you work for a few months, you can lose the job, and get back on benefits.

So some of those people are getting a job at Walmart, that they really don't want, with the intention of working just long enough to get back on benefits.

And thirdly, some of them actually want jobs. Walmart is actually a pretty good job. I know quite a few that worked at Walmart, who made good money from it.

Not every single person in that line, is a welfare queen. Many are people like me, who actually work for a living. Walmarts not that bad of a place to work. Between the tuition reimbursement, their management training program, and their employee stock purchase plan, it's really not nearly as bad a job as you morons on the left, claim it is.
Rules do vary by state because these are basically state run programs with federal matching funds which allows the feds to specify ground rules. Most programs have rules related to job search, training, and expiration of benefits. It's not quite as easy to get benefits from these programs as some people believe. In most states, a single visit to DHS allows you determine your eligibility and the rules.

Most of those rules either go unregulated or they are a joke.

Republicans want these whores to have their babies then get all mad when they go on welfare !? Wtf ?

I don't understand why u righties don't all jump on welfare ? It's awesome ! U live in public housing and get by on $600 a month . Good times!

Never happens in reality. People don't rot, they turn really criminal and cost society real money. Brilliant. Wonder how we got the world's biggest most costly prison system by far, half non-violent druggies. 1/6 of black men are felons and unemployed. Great job!

While they may not physically rot, when they make choices to do such things, they become rotten and there isn't a bit of difference.
"Get a damn job". Doing what? There are not enough jobs to take all of the unemployed.

So you want most poor people to work 2 or 3 jobs, and then at the same time you claim that there are enough jobs for everybody.

How the hell can someone who only wants to keep what they've earned be greedy? I'm not the one demanding someone else pay higher taxes so I can have handed to me what I don't provide to myself.

I don't ignore that many who get handouts have jobs. That tells me they have low level skills if they work and can't afford to feed themselves.
They have low level skills and there's nothing they can do about it, and there are not enough low level skill jobs for all of them. What do you suggest should happen to them? One of your bretheren said our country ought to be more like Africa where there's real poverty. All so you can keep an extra 1,000 dollars per year and so that your rich slave driver can keep an extra 5 million dollars per year, mostly "earned" from "investment". You are pathetic.

Why do you prostrate yourself for "the man"? Why do you worship fat cats? It's pitiful.

THEY are the reason they have the low level skills.

What do I suggest happen to them. I suggest that if you think someone who has low level skills deserves another person's money, write a check to them. One of the primary indicators of someone's economic place in life is education. What about those that quit school. Should the rest of us that didn't make that poor decision be forced to fund the bad results of their poor choice?

That's not an extra $1000, it's $1000 I earned. Why should my family not get that money?

Perhaps those you believe deserve someone else's money should earn what they get. You support taxpayers funding their kids college. If it's such a good investment, why don't you expect those kid's parents to invest in their own kids? While you may not like how someone you despise got their money, what's wrong with making it legally through investing?
Yup, much better to keep them on welfare than train them for 3 million tech jobs. Hate and greed is good.

What do I suggest happen to them. I suggest that if you think someone who has low level skills deserves another person's money, write a check to them. One of the primary indicators of someone's economic place in life is education. What about those that quit school. Should the rest of us that didn't make that poor decision be forced to fund the bad results of their poor choice?

That's not an extra $1000, it's $1000 I earned. Why should my family not get that money?

Perhaps those you believe deserve someone else's money should earn what they get. You support taxpayers funding their kids college. If it's such a good investment, why don't you expect those kid's parents to invest in their own kids? While you may not like how someone you despise got their money, what's wrong with making it legally through investing?
Yup, much better to keep them on welfare than train them for 3 million tech jobs. Hate and greed is good.

Anytime you personally want to prove that you care about them and that it's a good investment, write a check on their behalf.

You assume if they don't go to college they will automatically be on welfare. That may be what happened to you.

What's pitiful is worshiping irresponsible people, lazy people, leaches of society, people that don't even bother to try, people that think they have rights to working peoples money.
Yup, much better to keep them on welfare than train them for 3 million tech jobs going begging. Hate and greed is good. Worshipping? WTF. lol

This is the truth that you capitalists' lapdog morons just won't believe. There are no jobs out there.

Skills Won't Get You Anywhere in America

According to the Obama administration, unemployment has gone way down. There are jobs out there. I'm out and about every day and see people who are hiring.

Same here. I go to a lot of industrial areas. Companies have signs on their lawns for Help Wanted. Some are even there permanently. Go there three weeks later, and those signs are still there.

This is the truth that you capitalists' lapdog morons just won't believe. There are no jobs out there.

Skills Won't Get You Anywhere in America

According to the Obama administration, unemployment has gone way down. There are jobs out there. I'm out and about every day and see people who are hiring.

Same here. I go to a lot of industrial areas. Companies have signs on their lawns for Help Wanted. Some are even there permanently. Go there three weeks later, and those signs are still there.

What it amounts to is those who say they can't find a job can't find one doing what they want to do or paying them what they want to make despite having skills one level above what a monkey could be trained to do.

Yup, much better to keep them on welfare than train them for 3 million tech jobs going begging. Hate and greed is good. Worshipping? WTF. lol
Much better you prove it's a good investment by doing what you say needs to be done. If you aren't willing to do it first, why should the rest of us believe it's a good idea?

Anytime you personally want to prove that you care about them and that it's a good investment, write a check on their behalf.

You assume if they don't go to college they will automatically be on welfare. That may be what happened to you.
I'm a retired teacher with a masters in History, brainwashed hater dupe. I happily pay my taxes and want to help my fellow citizens, especially the unfortunate. Mainly victims of shortsighted greedy idiot megarich Pubs and their silly dupes.

Training, dupe.

I'm a retired teacher with a masters in History, brainwashed hater dupe. I happily pay my taxes and want to help my fellow citizens, especially the unfortunate. Mainly victims of shortsighted greedy idiot megarich Pubs and their silly dupes.

You couldn't teach a fish to swim. It's no wonder students today don't know shit about history.

This isn't about taxes. It's about you proving you really want to help your fellow citizens. You can do that and taxes, the government nor anyone else has to be involved. You think the government is the only way to do things. You can invest in someone's college simply by writing that check to pay for their tuition. By automatically going to the government well, it proves you don't care as much as you claim. If you did, you'd do it and it wouldn't matter who knew.

Training, dupe.

Write that check and prove to me it's good investment. It doesn't involve taxes but your proving it with your money.

You couldn't teach a fish to swim. It's no wonder students today don't know shit about history.

This isn't about taxes. It's about you proving you really want to help your fellow citizens. You can do that and taxes, the government nor anyone else has to be involved. You think the government is the only way to do things. You can invest in someone's college simply by writing that check to pay for their tuition. By automatically going to the government well, it proves you don't care as much as you claim. If you did, you'd do it and it wouldn't matter who knew.
Government can certainly make success a helluva lot harder, as shortsighted ignorant greedy Reaganists have been doing for 30 years. You know NOTHING about my teaching, or anything else for that matter as far as I can tell. lol. Helping victims is a horror for you, but giveaways to giant corps and megarich a-holes is fine. Read something. See sig, your policies are a disaster and disgrace.

Government can certainly make success a helluva lot harder, as shortsighted ignorant greedy Reaganists have been doing for 30 years. You know NOTHING about my teaching, or anything else for that matter as far as I can tell. lol. Helping victims is a horror for you, but giveaways to giant corps and megarich a-holes is fine. Read something. See sig, your policies are a disaster and disgrace.

I know all I need to know about you to know you were a poor teacher. You're so biased, anyone in your class with a different opinion was chastised and beat up for thinking other than the way you thought.

Helping victims is not a horror. Someone whose own choices put them where they are is not a victim. I'm sure you know students that quit school and never came back. If they can't cut it financially, they aren't victims. They are now feeling the results of a choice they made. Someone isn't a victim if they are where they are because of them. Only bleeding hearts make them out to be in order to push their agenda of having someone else pay for those bad choices.

WHY WORK?

When you can sit on your ass and take advantage of up to 126 Welfare and anti poverty programs offered by the Gov't...................

In many states it is more than the minimum wage for those milking the tit of the Federal Gov't.

2 Studies...............ENJOY
http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/PA694.pdf
http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/the_work_versus_welfare_trade-off_2013_wp.pdf

What's in your wallet?
all-states-welfare.jpg

The fact that you're asking tells us that you are a bitter malcontent that would rather not work.

Most people know why they work. Why they like to feel they have a purpose and a goal in life.

All of these programs have requirements - "entitlement" means you have to qualify -- many have to do with veterans, the disabled, and the children of poor families.
I've worked all my life..............and will continue to work.....................

I get up early and get home late..............and then see lazy asses capable of working sitting on their asses sucking on the Gov't tit and it pisses me off........

I'm not saying eliminate welfare in this country................Never have even though many libs are saying as much which is BS.............I'm saying it must be controlled to lower the amount as it is about a TRILLION a year right now...........and growing.................

We need to live within our means or we will be facing Austerity measure when we economically destroy ourselves...........and this is another area that can get some cuts...................

There is abuse of this system.................and people will continue to abuse it so they don't have to work............If they are able.........Then get off your ass and go to work. I don't OWE THEM ANYTHING.............if they are capable of working and supporting themselves. Neither do the rest of the taxpayers.

They have low level skills and there's nothing they can do about it...

There's nothing they can do about it? Did you really just say that? :lmao:

How do you suppose millions of Americans attain and improve their marketable skills?

Magic dust?

Like most loony lefties you seem to believe that people are incapable of navigating their way through their lives without your help.

I know all I need to know about you to know you were a poor teacher. You're so biased, anyone in your class with a different opinion was chastised and beat up for thinking other than the way you thought.

Helping victims is not a horror. Someone whose own choices put them where they are is not a victim. I'm sure you know students that quit school and never came back. If they can't cut it financially, they aren't victims. They are now feeling the results of a choice they made. Someone isn't a victim if they are where they are because of them. Only bleeding hearts make them out to be in order to push their agenda of having someone else pay for those bad choices.
You've got your own facts, provided to you by greedy idiot Pub billionaires. Bring one up, instead of lazy people stealing your money idiocy for page after page.

They have low level skills and there's nothing they can do about it...

There's nothing they can do about it? Did you really just say that? :lmao:

How do you suppose millions of Americans attain and improve their marketable skills?

Magic dust?

Like most loony lefties you seem to believe that people are incapable of navigating their way through their lives without your help.

Where I'm from saying they can't do anything about it is called an excuse. What Davros fails to acknowledge is that the reason many don't have skills is due to their own choices. I guess he thinks someone quitting high school and never going back isn't the cause of their lack of skills.

You've got your own facts, provided to you by greedy idiot Pub billionaires. Bring one up, instead of lazy people stealing your money idiocy for page after page.

A high school dropout isn't a victim. Their financial situation is a result of their own choice. That's a fact.

Forum List

Back