Why Workers in Red States Vote Against Their Economic Self-Interest

i missed it because you cant back it up leftard

oh and the states with the highest numbers of African-Americans in percentage and totals are Red states. i guess you missed that part

Dont click this link if you want to remain ignorant: Red States Are Welfare Queens - Business Insider

But I'll put it here anyway so you have no excuse

As it turns out, it is red states that are overwhelmingly the Welfare Queen States. Yes, that's right. Red States — the ones governed by folks who think government is too big and spending needs to be cut — are a net drain on the economy, taking in more federal spending than they pay out in federal taxes. They talk a good game, but stick Blue States with the bill.

Take a look at the difference between federal spending on any given state and the federal taxes received from that state. We measure the difference as a dollar amount: Federal Spending per Dollar of Federal Taxes. A figure of $1.00 means that particular state received as much as it paid in to the federal government. Anything over a dollar means the state received more than it paid; anything less than $1.00 means the state paid more in taxes than it received in services. The higher the figure, the more a given state is a welfare queen.

Of the twenty worst states, 16 are either Republican dominated or conservative states. Let's go through the top twenty.

New Mexico: $2.03
Mississippi: $2.02
Alaska: $1.84
Louisiana: $1.78
West Virginia: $1.76
North Dakota: $1.68
Alabama: $1.66
South Dakota: $1.53
Kentucky: $1.51
Virginia: $1.51
Montana: $1.47
Hawaii: $1.44
Maine: $1.41
Arkansas: $1.41
Oklahoma: $1.36
South Carolina: $1.35
Missouri: $1.32
Maryland: $1.30
Tennessee: $1.27
Idaho: $1.21
Does anyone else notice the overwhelming presence of northern "rugged individualist" states, like Alaska, the Dakotas and Montana, along with most of the South? Why it's almost like there's a pattern here or something.

Read more: Red States Are Welfare Queens - Business Insider

Whatever you do please dont read that. In fact, just say that its all lies and jam your fingers in your ears

Liberals keep showing cons reality with facts, and all they've got is sandbox banter. They must really believe that responses like, "Idiot" and "liar" win the debate. And they can't understand why they keep losing. Just keep counting on the stupid southern bigots cons. Their ignorance is your bliss.

not really, it's because it's out of context. Those states are poor, why? because democrats ran them for a long long long time.

I wonder if you subtract Memphis, a completely owned democrat city from the rest of TN, how those number would look...hmmmmmmm

debunked talking point; like most of the lies you spoon-fed yourself

stand by................................

Didnt I tell you he would ignore and dismiss everything that disrupts his bubble :lol:

So predictable

lmao

i proved your left-wing talking point was a lie; and you have the gall to accuse ME of not wanting my bubble disrupted?

lol you're a pathetic loser..........................PROJECT MUCH???

Calling someone a liar,a loser or an idiot is not any proof, little boy. Now go back to your sandbox.

lol!!

:d

It's always entertaining when these newcomers pop in and post screeds assuming that unions, minimum wages, etc. are somehow "good for people's economic self-interest", when in fact those things reduce jobs and lengthen recessions.

YEAH! Minimum Wage is bullshit!

Which goes back to the OP's question...Why do republicans vote against their own economic interest? lol

wait I Thought all republicans were rich and controlled everything?

Second, how does the min wage improve anyone's life, you are still making the minimum.......think about it!

You just thought wrong. Not the first time and wont be the last

Certainly! When CEO's get stock given to them and their homes given to them and cars given to them. It is a just and fair equitable market.
:cuckoo:

So the only reason to vote for something is so that someone will give you something?

Maybe not everyone thinks that way.

wait are you comparing public sector with private? in the private sector the board hires the CEO, if he sucks, the company with either fire him or go bankrupt. There is an incentive to run the company well, we know there isn't one for government.

They do it for the same logic that Clayton Bigsby divorced his wife.

YEAH! Minimum Wage is bullshit!

Which goes back to the OP's question...Why do republicans vote against their own economic interest? lol

wait I Thought all republicans were rich and controlled everything?

Second, how does the min wage improve anyone's life, you are still making the minimum.......think about it!

You just thought wrong. Not the first time and wont be the last

oh wait, so they're all not rich, well holy shit.........I guess all that 1% talk is just that bullshit....

so again closed, what about the min wage, makes people afford more, we've hiked it and people are still poor....holy shit!!@@!@!! how does that happen?

This may explain why Republican officials who have been casting their votes against unions, against expanding Medicaid, against raising the minimum wage, against extended unemployment insurance, and against jobs bills that would put people to work, continue to be elected and re-elected.

I think you're speaking under the assumptions that your solutions are in fact the only answer and if one is to oppose these he/she is "against jobs", etc. Not the case.

What if someone is against a minimum wage increase because he/she believes such a thing will force companies to move to China - for example - and then EVERYONE loses their job? What if someone is against some forms of unions because they create unreasonable demands that are unsustainable and end up driving companies into bankruptcy (ie General Motors, Ford)?

Not saying all those things are bad, I'm just saying you need to approach this with less of a one-sided view.

This goes across the board.
Private or not.

Certainly! When CEO's get stock given to them and their homes given to them and cars given to them. It is a just and fair equitable market.

So the only reason to vote for something is so that someone will give you something?

wait are you comparing public sector with private? in the private sector the board hires the CEO, if he sucks, the company with either fire him or go bankrupt. There is an incentive to run the company well, we know there isn't one for government.

Dont click this link if you want to remain ignorant: Red States Are Welfare Queens - Business Insider

Whatever you do please dont read that. In fact, just say that its all lies and jam your fingers in your ears

Liberals keep showing cons reality with facts, and all they've got is sandbox banter. They must really believe that responses like, "Idiot" and "liar" win the debate. And they can't understand why they keep losing. Just keep counting on the stupid southern bigots cons. Their ignorance is your bliss.

not really, it's because it's out of context. Those states are poor, why? because democrats ran them for a long long long time.

I wonder if you subtract Memphis, a completely owned democrat city from the rest of TN, how those number would look...hmmmmmmm

Cons have had those states for 50 years. Couldn't turn it around after that long, only proves you're conning them. Maybe after another 50 years those morons will figure out, you've been chumping them.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Con integrity.....
Quote:
kwc57 said.
I want EVERYONE to succeed in life. That is the Republican and conservative motto.
The cons don't even want their own president of the United States to succeed, and have done everything they could to make him fail. That's how low you are.

Last edited:
Government should support all legal businesses. We need private sector jobs! Why is that so fucking hard to understand?!

Because it's not the job of government to supplement corporate income.

just idiotic. it IS the job of goverment to ensure a vibrant economy; the government already "supplements" corporate income in countless ways.

Walmar is "supplementing" the government here. do you think they cant find a way to have machines to the jobs of some of their employees?

in other words they are on limited help from the government now. if they get let go by walmart the government will be supplying ALL OF THEIR NEEDS

These unthinking leftists are determined to see anyone who creates jobs as 'the enemy' unless it's the government. At the exact same time they bitch about there not being enough jobs. At some point they've just got to accept that Marx was completely wrong.

Job creators?
Care to explain!

Because it's not the job of government to supplement corporate income.

just idiotic. it IS the job of goverment to ensure a vibrant economy; the government already "supplements" corporate income in countless ways.

Walmar is "supplementing" the government here. do you think they cant find a way to have machines to the jobs of some of their employees?

in other words they are on limited help from the government now. if they get let go by walmart the government will be supplying ALL OF THEIR NEEDS

These unthinking leftists are determined to see anyone who creates jobs as 'the enemy' unless it's the government. At the exact same time they bitch about there not being enough jobs. At some point they've just got to accept that Marx was completely wrong.

Dems ran most of the South? You really cant make this shit up. First they say it doesnt happen until you smack them with facts then they have a whole NEW excuse. But wait, they said it didnt happen now it does but they have a good reason for that :badgrin:

Until the next set of facts smack 'em in the face. You think they'll have excuses for their excuses? Oh yeah...you betcha

Like I said.

Right wingers in poor red states vote GOP........for the same logic that Clayton Bigsby got a divorce.

When anyone is more well-off than you, it's not "fair"? Do you really pretend to be an adult thinking like that?

When you have nothing go back up your statement what do you resort to...ad hominem!
Just like someone that has no facts or basis to make a statement, when all else fails. Inject comments into something posted or said.
Take a hike.

When anyone is more well-off than you, it's not "fair"? Do you really pretend to be an adult thinking like that?

When you have nothing go back up your statement what do you resort to...ad hominem!
Just like someone that has no facts or basis to make a statement, when all else fails. Inject comments into something posted or said.
Take a hike.

When "When CEO's get stock given to them and their homes given to them and cars given to them", that's a part of the contract they signed with that corporation's board of directors. Kind of like all the goodies Sean Penn gets when he does a movie.

Either way, I hold no jealousy for either one and would rather improve my own life on my own.

Forum List

Back