Why would a God even need a hell?

The verse gives the answer , so that he can give Mercy to us all. He blinded us in order to give us sight later on. He killed us so that he can give us life! Strange , this thinking of this awesome being.

"Strange" would not be the word that immediately comes to my mind. Kinda sounds like the abusive husband who beats his wife to grievous bodily harm so she will learn to enjoy it when he beats her with less enthusiasm. Stockholm Syndrome. Yeah, that's what comes to mind.

The verse gives the answer , so that he can give Mercy to us all. He blinded us in order to give us sight later on. He killed us so that he can give us life! Strange , this thinking of this awesome being.

"Strange" would not be the word that immediately comes to my mind. Kinda sounds like the abusive husband who beats his wife to grievous bodily harm so she will learn to enjoy it when he beats her with less enthusiasm. Stockholm Syndrome. Yeah, that's what comes to mind.

Well that's close to the reasoning of God. He created sin and evil to make us suffer from it, Isaiah 45:7 " I form the light and create darkness; I make peace and create evil. I the Lord do ALL these things." He wants us all to know what evil will cause, and we all will know his way is better by the time he is finished.

Well that's close to the reasoning of God. He created sin and evil to make us suffer from it ...

So, the god of your belief system (and it is very much a Christian belief system, regardless of what label you want to pretend doesn't apply to you), is a morally hideous asshole, of the kind we fight to rid the world of. A caretaker who uses violence and suffering and pain and ugliness while calling it "love" and "mercy".

I really don't know how you can believe in that kind of "god". (Except, you know, Stockholm).

Well that's close to the reasoning of God. He created sin and evil to make us suffer from it ...

So, the god of your belief system (and it is very much a Christian belief system, regardless of what label you want to pretend doesn't apply to you), is a morally hideous asshole, of the kind we fight to rid the world of. A caretaker who uses violence and suffering and pain and ugliness while calling it "love" and "mercy".

I really don't know how you can believe in that kind of "god". (Except, you know, Stockholm).

Well yes , God can be hard on humanity, a part of him could care less who understands him or agrees with him. Notice Isaiah 40:17 ," All nations before him are as nothing , they are counted by him as LESS than nothing and meaningless!" Our opinions of him are seen by him as completely meaningless. And there is absolutely nothing any of us can do about it ; he has saved us all ; period!

Well yes , God can be hard on humanity, a part of him could care less who understands him or agrees with him. Notice Isaiah 40:17 ," All nations before him are as nothing , they are counted by him as LESS than nothing and meaningless!" Our opinions of him are seen by him as completely meaningless. And there is absolutely nothing any of us can do about it ; he has saved us all ; period!

Um. He beat the shit out of us, so when he removed his shit-kicking he could be the hero who saved us? More Stockholm. You do get how crazy that sounds, right?

Um. He beat the shit out of us, so when he removed his shit-kicking he could be the hero who saved us? More Stockholm. You do get how crazy that sounds, right?

I think it is kind of crazy, yes for sure. And God knows how different he is compared to humans. In Isaiah 55:8 " My thoughts are not your thoughts , your ways are not my ways . Its kind of like he is rubbing our faces in evil ,to one day show us it is WHY we are sick. He is most definitely beating the crap out of us all, which is why I reject the Christian version of eternal suffering, because human life is NOT our fault. We did NOT create ourselves ; God is completely responsible for us all; and we all are VERY fortunate of that.

I have asked myself why a God would need a hell, ( and by hell I mean the Christian version of it). I mean here this great being of life and love , is said to have created a place of eternal misery? And something is just not right with that, because it makes no sense at all. But a lot of things in religion make no sense, but religion rains on humanity, getting all of our consciousness wet in one manner or another.

My view of God, and I don't know God, have never seen him or heard his voice; is a view that I know is already distorted by many things; but I view him as merciful, loving, kind, forgiving, longsuffering, all the things that this Christian hell is not. So I don't think this hell is God's creation, I think the Christians created it. I think this eternal hell punishing is what Christians would do with unbelievers, not God. I think its moreso what the Christians want.

Why would God make an eternal monument out of evil? For what? Why would such a being of great power of change, co-exist with misery forever? Why? I can't see it. I think something is seriously wrong with this myopic view of hell! The powers that exist which can seduce the consciousness of humanity into believing nonsense, is simply stunning.

There Is No God!! Fairy tales are for children!

I have asked myself why a God would need a hell, ( and by hell I mean the Christian version of it). I mean here this great being of life and love , is said to have created a place of eternal misery? And something is just not right with that, because it makes no sense at all. But a lot of things in religion make no sense, but religion rains on humanity, getting all of our consciousness wet in one manner or another.

My view of God, and I don't know God, have never seen him or heard his voice; is a view that I know is already distorted by many things; but I view him as merciful, loving, kind, forgiving, longsuffering, all the things that this Christian hell is not. So I don't think this hell is God's creation, I think the Christians created it. I think this eternal hell punishing is what Christians would do with unbelievers, not God. I think its moreso what the Christians want.

Why would God make an eternal monument out of evil? For what? Why would such a being of great power of change, co-exist with misery forever? Why? I can't see it. I think something is seriously wrong with this myopic view of hell! The powers that exist which can seduce the consciousness of humanity into believing nonsense, is simply stunning.

My response to that in 2013;

Is God Real?
;

.... He is most definitely beating the crap out of us all ... God is completely responsible for us all; and we all are VERY fortunate of that.

Again, "fortunate" is not the word that comes to mind.

Yay! I have an abusive husband! Whoo hoo! Lucky me.

Uh, no.

If the Bible is a bunch of fairy tales, for children, as old as you are you should have no problem identifying the moral and teaching of any given story.

Lets start at the beginning....The talking serpent, the expulsion from Eden, and all that. What are the hard learned lessons of the distant past that this story intended to teach bronze age children?

I'm all ears...

If the Bible is a bunch of fairy tales, for children, as old as you are you should have no problem identifying the moral and teaching of any given story.

Lets start at the beginning....The talking serpent, the expulsion from Eden, and all that. What are the hard learned lessons of the distant past that this story intended to teach bronze age children?

I'm all ears...

With pleasure ; the events in the garden of Eden , was simply God creating the need for his Son to be sent to earth so that the bronze age children could be saved.

.... He is most definitely beating the crap out of us all ... God is completely responsible for us all; and we all are VERY fortunate of that.

Uh, no.

The pain God inflicts lead to eternal joy with him.

Uh, no.

Yeah. That's what my ex-husband said too. I call bullshit.

Uh, no.

Yeah. That's what my ex-husband said too. I call bullshit.

Being created in the flesh is bull , but its a cross we all must bear. Your ex husband is meaningless to the future God has for you.

Being created in the flesh is bull , but its a cross we all must bear. Your ex husband is meaningless to the future God has for you.

A god who beats me in order to make me suffer is just as meaningless to me as an abusive ex-husband would be.

A god who beats me in order to make me suffer is just as meaningless to me as an abusive ex-husband would be.

I know , which is why your future with him has absolutely nothing to do with what you think of him.

I know , which is why your future with him has absolutely nothing to do with what you think of him.
In Rev. 1:8 God is the beginning and the end of all life ; meaning he is the complete cycle of our lives ; everything we go through ,he planned it.

Forum List

Back