🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why would anyone think defund the police was a good idea?

Fact. They're corrupt and don't give a shit about helping anyone. They've done nothing but cause damage and line their pockets.
You might want a refresher course in English grammar and logic.

Your opinions are worthless supporting facts.

Apples and oranges since the FBI has been proven corrupt multiple times. Now part of the deep state there is only one way to stop the corruption, and that is tear them down and start from scratch.
BLM would say that since the police have been proven corrupt multiple times there is only one way to stop the corruption, and that is tear them down and start from scratch. Sounds like apples and apples to me.

To me it staggers the mind that ANYONE thought "defunding" the police was a good idea that had any chance of improving the behavior of local police forces in this country.

Why would anyone think this?
It’s a statement of protest against an institution that people find corrupt. The right did the same thing with defund the FBI

BLM would say that since the police have been proven corrupt multiple times there is only one way to stop the corruption, and that is tear them down and start from scratch. Sounds like apples and apples to me.
Did the cop that was held responsible for George Floyd's death receive justice? How about his partners?

Liberals always come up with dumbass ideas.

You know, like lets increase taxes and run up the cost of fuel for Americans and let millions of goddamn Illegals flood in and put them on welfare.

I believe the truth is that in the summer of 2020 in the aftermath of George Floyd's death, it was politically advantageous for the democrats to decry the police depts and call for defunding or outright abolishing the police forces around the country, primarily in our big cities. Some probably didn't really believe that was a good idea, but not one democrat ever opposed all the vitriol demanding radical changes in local law enforcement. But that of course was then, and when the cry for law and order got louder the democrats flipped their support, except now they want social justice, demanding leniency for minorities. In short, they want what is politically appealing to their base, hypocritically changing their stance when it becomes popular to do so.

Did the cop that was held responsible for George Floyd's death receive justice? How about his partners?

No they did not. The Constitution requires that all citizens are entitled to a fair and speedy trial with in impartial jury or judge. There is no way the officers could have gotten a fair trail because the only people willing to sit on that jury were those that were going to find him guilty before the trial even started. A not guilty verdict by any of them opened them up to possible retaliation, harm or death.

Forum List

Back