🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why would anyone think defund the police was a good idea?

Still, they got no business shooting unarmed civilians.

Sure they do. As a CCW holder in my state, I know what the laws are. Our laws are a reflection of most in the country. It reads: Deadly force is legal to use if you believe that you are in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death. That's the law for us CCW carriers and that's the law for police. There is nowhere that it says your attacker must be armed.

Sure they do. As a CCW holder in my state, I know what the laws are. Our laws are a reflection of most in the country. It reads: Deadly force is legal to use if you believe that you are in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death. That's the law for us CCW carriers and that's the law for police. There is nowhere that it says your attacker must be armed.
"Sure they do"!

Dude, that says it all!

How are the police militarized? What does that even mean?
It means local (mainly) law enforcement being equipped, trained, and oriented as though they were soldiers and one could argue adopting a soldiers mentality.

To me it staggers the mind that ANYONE thought "defunding" the police was a good idea that had any chance of improving the behavior of local police forces in this country.

Why would anyone think this?
Defunding is the stupidest term ever, it's about some social training for cops for De-escalating problems with mentally ill people which is like half of their calls. This is not a crime problem, this is a mental illness problem. Half the prison population and half the homeless population are insane. It is time to tax the rich their fair share again after 35 years and invest in America again. Like an actual mental health system. Great job GOP no wonder the world wonders whether capitalism works....

It means local (mainly) law enforcement being equipped, trained, and oriented as though they were soldiers and one could argue adopting a soldiers mentality.
The Police are soldiers fighting crime in our streets. A soldier's mentality helps them fight criminals while staying above ground. Defunding law enforcement makes cops more vulnerable and many are leaving.

But not locking up criminals when the cops catch them is the next favorite liberal idea
it's not a crime problem mainly, it is a homelessness and mental illness problem. Guess what it's finally time to tax the rich again because this is a gigantic GOP mess.

The Police are soldiers fighting crime in our streets. A soldier's mentality helps them fight criminals while staying above ground. Defunding law enforcement makes cops more vulnerable and many are leaving.
Yes yes, that attitude works really well when you're trying to deal with mental ill people lol. Tax the rich and invest in a mental health system for God's sake this is ridiculous.

Defunding is the stupidest term ever, it's about some social training for cops for De-escalating problems with mentally ill people which is like half of their calls. This is not a crime problem, this is a mental illness problem. Half the prison population and half the homeless population are insane. It is time to tax the rich their fair share again after 35 years and invest in America again. Like an actual mental health system. Great job GOP no wonder the world wonders whether capitalism works....
Cops already de-escalate and handle the mentally ill out on the streets and do call in medical/mental health professionals when needed. The homeless population is definitely a problem with drug/alcohol addiction and veterans suffering from PTSD and others with outright mental disease. I would be for building homeless centers that operate like mental institutions and make living on the streets illegal. If found living on the street, that homeless person would automatically be incarcerated in a homeless center until they complete treatment and can get off the streets.

Yes yes, that attitude works really well when you're trying to deal with mental ill people lol. Tax the rich and invest in a mental health system for God's sake this is ridiculous.
There is not enough money in the 'rich' you will have to tax everyone which, might not be a bad idea. Better than taxing US for some pie-in-the-sky 'green' economy.

it's not a crime problem mainly, it is a homelessness and mental illness problem. Guess what it's finally time to tax the rich again because this is a gigantic GOP mess.
Street people are a nuisance and an eyesore

But not as much as the career criminals born and raised in the welfare system

Cops already de-escalate and handle the mentally ill out on the streets and do call in medical/mental health professionals when needed. The homeless population is definitely a problem with drug/alcohol addiction and veterans suffering from PTSD and others with outright mental disease. I would be for building homeless centers that operate like mental institutions and make living on the streets illegal. If found living on the street, that homeless person would automatically be incarcerated in a homeless center until they complete treatment and can get off the streets.

You'd have a court battle for that. Back in the 70's, Geraldo had his own weekly show. A few episodes were dedicated to people who were committed. At the time, he referred to them as crime-less prisons.

It gained momentum and it ended up in court where a judge agreed stating the government has no constitutional right incarcerating mental impaired people unless they committed a crime. They had to open up all the cells where these people were staying and they're still on our streets today.

Liberalism at work.

You'd have a court battle for that. Back in the 70's, Geraldo had his own weekly show. A few episodes were dedicated to people who were committed. At the time, he referred to them as crime-less prisons.

It gained momentum and it ended up in court where a judge agreed stating the government has no constitutional right incarcerating mental impaired people unless they committed a crime. They had to open up all the cells where these people were staying and they're still on our streets today.

Liberalism at work.
Yeah, mental institutions were discovered to be abusive in many cases and, many were really not mentally ill but placed there just to get rid of them. I would make it illegal to live on the streets and, instead of sending them to jail or some institution, they would go to a homeless center where they would receive help to get them off the streets. The truly mentally ill who can't care for themselves would be very few and we would be able to care for them.

Kennedy signed a community mental health bill that had the effect of shutting down abusive mental institutions but, the decades that followed did not see alternate solutions for the mentally ill. There is currently a bipartisan effort (Stabenow and Blunt) to provide community services for the mentally ill.

Yeah, mental institutions were discovered to be abusive in many cases and, many were really not mentally ill but placed there just to get rid of them. I would make it illegal to live on the streets and, instead of sending them to jail or some institution, they would go to a homeless center where they would receive help to get them off the streets. The truly mentally ill who can't care for themselves would be very few and we would be able to care for them.

I would disagree with you there. We have our homeless in downtown as well. As you probably already know, our winters up north are brutal: winds blowing 25 mph, snow storms off the great lakes, any kind of travel very difficult and at times impossible. But these homeless people are still out there because they don't want to abide by the rules of the homeless shelters. They are high or drunk, want to smoke cigarettes in or outside the facilities, do get nasty and sometimes violent. These places don't allow that. You have to be sober, not smoke while you are there, and of course non-combatitve.

So because of their other problems, they opt to try and survive our winter weather in the streets.

I came across a few bucks a few years ago and wanted to do something for the homeless. I searched up and down until I found a church charity. Instead of creating restrictive enclosures, they took donated money to buy sleeping bags, tents, canned food, pillows and water and gave the homeless the necessary items to still stay where they wanted. Every dime I sent them was spent on those things instead of administration costs. Their parishioners donated their time to pass the items out.

Nobody has a perfect solution to the problem.

To me it staggers the mind that ANYONE thought "defunding" the police was a good idea that had any chance of improving the behavior of local police forces in this country.

Why would anyone think this?
Collapsing the system is the objective. There's nothing stupid about it, when you understand that total chaos is the objective.

Forum List

Back