Why would U.S. corporations repatriate their billions from overseas?

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
This issue has come up in various other threads and the morons in congress have often stated that the tax scam will offer a chance for corporations to return their stash of billions from foreign banks.....

Now, I honestly ask anyone here to outline the reasons WHY a corporation would do that......

I mean, do they really need a toaster oven from a U.S. bank when they open up a new account in the states?

Are Swiss and Cypriot and Caribbean banks in a threat of a despot taking power and confiscating these corporations' money?

Again, I ask WHY would a corporation do that.....and if they have NO incentive to do so, why are American right wingers so easily fooled by lies and demagoguery (actually, don't answer that last part....We well know why.)

This issue has come up in various other threads and the morons in congress have often stated that the tax scam will offer a chance for corporations to return their stash of billions from foreign banks.....

Now, I honestly ask anyone here to outline the reasons WHY a corporation would do that......

I mean, do they really need a toaster oven from a U.S. bank when they open up a new account in the states?

Are Swiss and Cypriot and Caribbean banks in a threat of a despot taking power and confiscating these corporations' money?

Again, I ask WHY would a corporation do that.....and if they have NO incentive to do so, why are American right wingers so easily fooled by lies and demagoguery (actually, don't answer that last part....We well know why.)

I was wondering the same thing myself. What a fake argument. Why would they want to bring their money back here when it's conveniently hidden from IRS view over there?

To use it to make more money...

They haven't been able to use it to make more money since....when?

Donald has used his offshore bank accounts to build golf courses and resorts in other countries. He didn't need to bring it back to the U.S. to do so.
Sorry, shitty answer.

It was a phoney argument, they won't bring it back to the U.S.

The radical left wouldn't understand about nationalism or "make America great" but corporations do. With the exception of pirates like Marc Rich, who Bill Clinton pardoned while he was on the FBI 10 most wanted, American corporations would rather employ American workers and deal with the stable corporate environment in the Greatest Country on earth. Wait till they start moving back.

The radical left wouldn't understand about nationalism or "make America great" but corporations do. With the exception of pirates like Marc Rich, who Bill Clinton pardoned while he was on the FBI 10 most wanted, American corporations would rather employ American workers and deal with the stable corporate environment in the Greatest Country on earth. Wait till they start moving back.

The above moron is BEYOND any hope of ever growing some brain cells......He is so much part of the Trump Cult that he's turning orange himself.......Poor soul.

They will use it to buy back stock and pay dividends because that's what their shareholders want.

What the hell do you mean by "no incentive" to bring their money back into the states? There's a repatriation tax holiday in the tax bill that lowers the federal corporate tax rate to 21% from 35% for a one-time repatriation of overseas cash. Do you think business aren't going to want some of that action? Seriously?

Here's what America's biggest companies plan to do with all that cash coming back to the US

They will use it to buy back stock and pay dividends because that's what their shareholders want.
Which increases stock value, attracting big, long-term investors, which helps expand or venture into new markets, which creates jobs, on and on.

And, the people from whom the companies re-purchased stock GOT PAID.

Commies exist because they don't understand how business works and the most important virtue to have as a commies is envy.

To use it to make more money...

Unnecessary with the new tax rate, they will have way more money than they know what to do with, considering we were seeing record profits for the last couple years before the tax cuts.

IF they cared about making America great they would not have moved their money in the first place. Do you people not have a brain between you all?

Which increases stock value, attracting big, long-term investors, which helps expand or venture into new markets, which creates jobs, on and on.

The country is basically at full employment, there are not many people left to create jobs for.

Forum List

Back