🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why you NEED a "weapon of war".

One of my favorite assault weapons is the 1728 first pattern Long Land Service Musket, AKA the Brown Bess......... :eusa_whistle:

iu

I can get off 240 rounds an hour......... :lol:

I shot a replica of one of those at the gun range a few months ago. The replica was probably a much better made gun than an original.

Fun to shoot at the range as a novelty but useless in modern times for any kind of real use.

I wouldn't even take it black powder hunting. Too heavy and awkward. The "sights" are a joke for anything except point and shoot. Accuracy sucks beyond about 40 yds. The Brown Bess being smooth bore and flint pretty well sucked.

More modern black powder rifle designs with rifle bores and percussion caps are much better if you want to go that route.
I build flintlocks and besides I was commenting on an "assault weapon".............. What some clueless anti-gunners consider a "sensible" gun. Morons.
The Bess was heavy, a smoothbore and horribly inaccurate, I know I have a reproduction. Not that all smoothbores are inaccurate, some are quite accurate out to 200 yards depending on the load.

I also have my more modern firearms, shotguns, semi-auto pistols, wish I still had my PPS 43C with three 32 round magazines..........

This is part of my flintlock collection not including my percussion arms and the ones in different stages of being built as well as my Sharps Carbine in 45-70.

gaQ5AidjBXWRzGRH492LM74AWcVdzmTeuCIf60Mo-7W8zkAKiZ3xu4QDA4HY54kqxDjgVNzyoSSzuTLjWOAFoepvALNfDVzFKuUY0dMCVcpFOqwbLnA_CiJ5S1p9WxjIZ5wv2Ve6j2c2aUzYO0NIj_4sgDjHoLeaLgOrib-Vh5Vo1VOKN4T4AbyESKrfweA-FmSbKo3zX6X-HmEFylbOKwbQVEHlYWLdzItSxb44mHH7aRpTo8ap9njS2U3heSzwK2FoY6HZWdOjPLxwzHaktbTLFvdCqruDCrCG5JLva2QebfUO3ZGQcF_fXNbo1Zph33uv770K_gfxkxX9v5gXUbHZoHqJUsn5N5wrJ9G4_mmARx_AaWzuwgbwl7tCaC_40CvbfXylXCSZRhKOx6XEsm6sL2naW97uTWMgwsYW0qsEIcEJLIukhLq5u-Evw_5xaEmHzBn4ugQoMsjqAWhKod3CbzevsX7pCOOig8-RpGvBFK9aUbpDs-la8kYf24zPyVaxQrhEa2ynnrB6fNmoMFlISxH0sxnH31Vqq381gWqZBWiIQjVXrae5Od_kcqwtDDRx89A1vPAA3SBYQU2eQPDVYf3_zJj1-S58gpRwzlGUVkP6TxuXetMQh5MIDJq77k-xlehgcWV_Rl7CSP76dyOxdD3tnIMi4DoKL-Q7VcDPYiqs-9OH55PD_99eoA=w1127-h845-no

One of my favorite assault weapons is the 1728 first pattern Long Land Service Musket, AKA the Brown Bess......... :eusa_whistle:

iu

I shot a replica of one of those at the gun range a few months ago. The replica was probably a much better made gun than an original.

Fun to shoot at the range as a novelty but useless in modern times for any kind of real use.

I wouldn't even take it black powder hunting. Too heavy and awkward. The "sights" are a joke for anything except point and shoot. Accuracy sucks beyond about 40 yds. The Brown Bess being smooth bore and flint pretty well sucked.

More modern black powder rifle designs with rifle bores and percussion caps are much better if you want to go that route.
I build flintlocks and besides I was commenting on an "assault weapon".............. What some clueless anti-gunners consider a "sensible" gun. Morons.
The Bess was heavy, a smoothbore and horribly inaccurate, I know I have a reproduction. Not that all smoothbores are inaccurate, some are quite accurate out to 200 yards depending on the load.

I also have my more modern firearms, shotguns, semi-auto pistols, wish I still had my PPS 43C with three 32 round magazines..........

This is part of my flintlock collection not including my percussion arms and the ones in different stages of being built as well as my Sharps Carbine in 45-70.

gaQ5AidjBXWRzGRH492LM74AWcVdzmTeuCIf60Mo-7W8zkAKiZ3xu4QDA4HY54kqxDjgVNzyoSSzuTLjWOAFoepvALNfDVzFKuUY0dMCVcpFOqwbLnA_CiJ5S1p9WxjIZ5wv2Ve6j2c2aUzYO0NIj_4sgDjHoLeaLgOrib-Vh5Vo1VOKN4T4AbyESKrfweA-FmSbKo3zX6X-HmEFylbOKwbQVEHlYWLdzItSxb44mHH7aRpTo8ap9njS2U3heSzwK2FoY6HZWdOjPLxwzHaktbTLFvdCqruDCrCG5JLva2QebfUO3ZGQcF_fXNbo1Zph33uv770K_gfxkxX9v5gXUbHZoHqJUsn5N5wrJ9G4_mmARx_AaWzuwgbwl7tCaC_40CvbfXylXCSZRhKOx6XEsm6sL2naW97uTWMgwsYW0qsEIcEJLIukhLq5u-Evw_5xaEmHzBn4ugQoMsjqAWhKod3CbzevsX7pCOOig8-RpGvBFK9aUbpDs-la8kYf24zPyVaxQrhEa2ynnrB6fNmoMFlISxH0sxnH31Vqq381gWqZBWiIQjVXrae5Od_kcqwtDDRx89A1vPAA3SBYQU2eQPDVYf3_zJj1-S58gpRwzlGUVkP6TxuXetMQh5MIDJq77k-xlehgcWV_Rl7CSP76dyOxdD3tnIMi4DoKL-Q7VcDPYiqs-9OH55PD_99eoA=w1127-h845-no

my step father has a custom made .32 made for candle shooting, and man is that thing accurate,,, can only image the squirrel and rabbit you could get with it,,

they are very useful,, they can easily get you food and also used to get a better gun,,

Maybe if you didn't have anything else.

I would hate to go hunting with one since they weigh 10 pounds. However, .75 ball going at 1800 FPS will fuck something up.
once you get used to them they are no problem,, and the slender kentucky rifle types are really smooth to shoot,,,

Since I have only shot one at the range briefly for shits and giggles I will yield to your obvious greater expertise.

However, I wonder how much laughter would have ensued from the thief if the guy in video had come out of the house with a flintlock instead of an AR.

iu

my step father has a custom made .32 made for candle shooting, and man is that thing accurate,,, can only image the squirrel and rabbit you could get with it,,
Generally .40 and below are great varmint guns, rabbits, squirrels, etc.

Biden and his asshole Democrat friends that are yelling for more gun control are idiots. This video pretty well lays out the case of why you need an "assault" weapon.

Yeah, no. I have no need of instruments to assault people.
But hey, that's just my values. Rotsa ruck with yours, whatever sewer they came from.

this case is about defense not assault,,

Oh is it.

OP of this thread -- roll tape.

This video pretty well lays out the case of why you need an "assault" weapon.

See also thread title above:

Why you NEED a "weapon of war"

thats what happens when you let leftist control [sic] the language,,

doesnt matter cause the 2nd A was specifically for weapons of war,,

Ironic post of the day, considering you just posted in whatever this new language in that doesn't have plural nouns. Where do y'all GET this shit anyway? Sorry, make that where do you [singular, the collective] get this shit?

If there's any doubt exactly what the OP's attitude is ----- see post 41. Ain't no way around that.

I dont care what a persons attitude is,,,

Of course you don't. That would be too close to addressing my actual post, which was exactly about that.
Well we can't have that going on can we.

On the topic of which, you know that video the OP plopped in post 1? When I played it this is what came up as a YouTube suggestion. It will sail right over his hood and a lot of other people's. Let me know if you get its point.

Talk about irony.....

they are very useful,, they can easily get you food and also used to get a better gun,,

Maybe if you didn't have anything else.

I would hate to go hunting with one since they weigh 10 pounds. However, .75 ball going at 1800 FPS will fuck something up.
once you get used to them they are no problem,, and the slender kentucky rifle types are really smooth to shoot,,,

Since I have only shot one at the range briefly for shits and giggles I will yield to your obvious greater expertise.

However, I wonder how much laughter would have ensued from the thief if the guy in video had come out of the house with a flintlock instead of an AR.
he wouldnt laugh if it was fired at him,, but I see your point,,

Less then 500 people a year are killed with ALL makes of rifles. Less then 500. More people are killed with fists and hammers. Yet it is a threat somehow.

The unacknowledged difference, of course, is that hammers and fists (and cars, and baseball bats,. etc etc etc) are not designed to assault people.

The cops don't want you to have assault weapons either.
Have any actual PROOF of this claim?

No, moonie is a troll. he just spews whatever shit comes to his tiny little mind. The fact is most cops LIKE having the people armed with those types of firearms. They know that the criminals are going to have whatever they want anyway, and if the cops get into trouble they want the folks around them to have the best equipment possible to save the cops life.

Less then 500 people a year are killed with ALL makes of rifles. Less then 500. More people are killed with fists and hammers. Yet it is a threat somehow.

The unacknowledged difference, of course, is that hammers and fists (and cars, and baseball bats,. etc etc etc) are not designed to assault people.
so?? who cares what they were designed for??

iu

Sounds like a fun hobby. I have several shooting buddies that are into Black Powder and they love it. I never got into it myself.

I build ARs for fun. I help other people put them together. I have built several for Sheriff Deputies as their service rifles.

I have 29 of them at home now in addition to several other "assault" weapons.

Piss on the Libtards that want to take them away.

Yep. Nothing like the sound of the "schink-schink" pump action to get your attention. I had one built to swat police standards. But I still like the good ol AK-47 as the nifty alternative to the scatter gun.
Howzabout an Origin 12 gauge with a 30 round drum...........

That works, too.

But you just can't beat the world's most reliable full auto machine gun with 100 round drum ammunition.

Its A Plan.jpg

so?? who cares what they were designed for??

Uh -- the users thereof. As well as us fallacy hunters who see a false comparison standing up yelling HEY! LOOKA ME!

This some kind of trick question?

Yep. Nothing like the sound of the "schink-schink" pump action to get your attention. I had one built to swat police standards. But I still like the good ol AK-47 as the nifty alternative to the scatter gun.
Howzabout an Origin 12 gauge with a 30 round drum...........

That works, too.

But you just can't beat the world's most reliable full auto machine gun with 100 round drum ammunition.

View attachment 457971

all it takes is one good shot,,

Forum List

Back