Why You Should Have An AR-15

Before I bought my Saiga and converted it back to an AK, I had my sights on a Hungarian AMD-65.

Those are very good. I think the Zastavas are the best out there, but they don't show up very often. A buddy sold a NIB Poly Tech a couple of months ago and it went for 3500 or close to it.

I should sell my 20gauge and use the money toward an AR-15.
No, no, no. 20 gauge is excellent for home defense. Mine stays loaded, as do several other weapons in my house. I have no children in the house without adult supervision and even my 10 year old granddaughter who visits, knows not to touch granddads weapons. My Walther PPQ is in the shoulder holster on the back of the desk chair, I'm sitting in fully locked & loaded 15+1, as I type, with spare magazine fully loaded also. My AR is an excellent home defense weapon, but so are the other weapons around the house. You never know where you will be if something comes up. Be sure to take them all to the range regularly. They all have their strengths.

Eh. My go to is either an HK, or an FN.

Both in 7.62x51 NATO. I'm in the sticks so I need range, and penetration.
My Ishapore-Enfield in 7.62x51 picks up where my AK leaves off. I kind of live in the sticks too, but the hills are so ridiculous there is only one little window with a 600yd shot. The next is about 250-300, and then progressively less after that in any direction.

I have no children in the house without adult supervision and even my 10 year old granddaughter who visits, knows not to touch granddads weapons.
If you have unsecured, loaded weapons around a house with kids and think it's fine, I no longer wonder about this...

us child gun deaths.jpg

Last edited:
If you have unsecured, loaded weapons around a house with kids and think it's fine, I no longer wonder about this...

View attachment 748231
Mysterious convergence and REVERSAL of statistics in 2020 when Biden's fake victory was secured. And the data was obviously published AFTER Biden took office. Mysterious little things they think no one notices.

Forum List

Back