Why you should stop believing in evolution

Do you what the odds are against randomly getting the opening chords to the first 4 bars of "Let it Be" correct assuming only 12 possible tones and 4 note lengths?

I like the fact the article uses the word believe as it's appropriate due to the lack of comprehensive, chronologically documented empirical evidence.
From a purely scientific standpoint I hold both "the theory of" evolution and creationism to be theisms at this juncture in time, neither completely proven or completely dis-proven.

Do you what the odds are against randomly getting the opening chords to the first 4 bars of "Let it Be" correct assuming only 12 possible tones and 4 note lengths?

It doesn't matter the odds, what matters is that the dice are rolled enough times and it will happen. Do you have any inking of how many quadrillions upon quadrillions upon quadrillions opportunities there were to roll those dice?

It doesn't matter the odds, what matters is that the dice are rolled enough times and it will happen. Do you have any inking of how many quadrillions upon quadrillions upon quadrillions opportunities there were to roll those dice?

Um, really.

Do you know the odds against assembling a protein of only 2,000 molecules?

Quadrillions upon quadrillions upon quadrillions opportunities, doesn't even knock off a few percentage points

Um, really.

Quadrillions upon quadrillions upon quadrillions opportunities, doesn't even knock off a few percentage points

So your debate tactic is to shift goal posts is it? Fuck, this reminds of when I was in school battled you religious creationists. I've seen all your tricks.

We're not talking about the spontaneous creation of a protein molecule.

Besides, I long ago tired of battling you religious creationists, I'm in this thread to knock liberal heads.

Um, really.

So your debate tactic is to shift goal posts is it? Fuck, this reminds of when I was in school battled you religious creationists. I've seen all your tricks.

Besides, I long ago tired of battling you religious creationists, I'm in this thread to knock liberal heads.

I'm pointing out the mathematical impossibility of molecules randomly forming proteins or Amino acids or DNA or cells.

Um, really.

I'm pointing out the mathematical impossibility of molecules randomly forming proteins or Amino acids or DNA or cells.

You're out of your league here. First you have to understand biology, then you need to understand probability.

Here's a lesson for you. What are the odds of taking one die and rolling a 6? Do the odds change if your last roll produced a 6? Think about that for a bit.

You're out of your league here. First you have to understand biology, then you need to understand probability.

Here's a lesson for you. What are the odds of taking one die and rolling a 6? Do the odds change if your last roll produced a 6? Think about that for a bit.

Uh huh.

That's the problem.

What are the odds of perfectly aligning a 2,000 molecule protein?

Okay, I understand biology (quite well, purely physical science) and probability (not as well, mostly speculative mathematical science). What's your argument based on these two?

Okay, I understand biology (quite well, purely physical science) and probability (not as well, mostly speculative mathematical science). What's your argument based on these two?

We don't go from a murky soup to a Titin in one step. Each step along the way is independent of what has happened before.

So creationists have learned from their web tutorials to appeal to the incredible, hence the above tactic - what the odds of a 2,000 part whole forming spontaneously? Forget proper biology terms for a moment. The proper question to ask is what are the odds of a 1,999 part whole transforming into a 2,000 part whole or what are the odds of a 1,000 part whole merging with another 1,000 part whole to make a new 2,000 part whole?

We don't go from a murky soup to a Titin in one step. Each step along the way is independent of what has happened before.

So creationists have learned from their web tutorials to appeal to the incredible, hence the above tactic - what the odds of a 2,000 part whole forming spontaneously? Forget proper biology terms for a moment. The proper question to ask is what are the odds of a 1,999 part whole transforming into a 2,000 part whole or what are the odds of a 1,000 part whole merging with another 1,000 part whole to make a new 2,000 part whole?

I agree yet, scientifically, even your "proper question" is an exercise in pure speculation. Pretty much a catch 22 for adherents of both religions.
I say religions (plural) because I hold to the empirical where proving evidence is concerned, so far the connected empirical is spotty at best.

I agree yet, scientifically, even your "proper question" is an exercise in pure speculation. Pretty much a catch 22 for adherents of both religions.
I say religions (plural) because I hold to the empirical where proving evidence is concerned, so far the connected empirical is spotty at best.

Except when I step into my lab and perform my religious mumbo-jumbo I get replicable outcomes via processes subject to falsification tests. Other than that minor difference, yeah, genetics is just another religion.

Except when I step into my lab and perform my religious mumbo-jumbo I get replicable outcomes via processes subject to falsification tests. Other than that minor difference, yeah, genetics is just another religion.

I didn't say genetics was just another religion, you inferred I did. Thought we were discussing evolution in general....... Want to try again?

I didn't say genetics was just another religion, you inferred I did. Thought we were discussing evolution in general....... Want to try again?

I didn't say astronomy was a religion, I just said gravity was a religious belief.

I didn't say astronomy was a religion, I just said gravity was a religious belief.

You didn't answer my question or address your inference.
Per religion so is evolution unless you have empirical evidence of genetics, or any other scientific field that has conclusively connected all the evolutionary dots with irrefutable evidence.
Of course comparing gravity with evolution as unprovable, observable knowns is fallacy in itself. One is plainly obvious, we see it at work every day, the other is still primarily a disconnected collection of postulations, hypotheses and (a couple of) working theories with some empirical from multiple fields used to promote the former steps.

You didn't answer my question or address your inference.

My answer is there. It's as plain as day if you only think about it. Treat it like an SAT test question.

Per religion so is evolution unless you have empirical evidence of genetics, or any other scientific field that has conclusively connected all the evolutionary dots with irrefutable evidence.

As I noted above, I long ago gave up battling religious creationists, I'm in this thread, laying in the bushes, waiting to pounce on the liberal creationists.

Forum List

Back