Why you should stop believing in evolution

Amazing revelations about DNA
As scientists began to decode the human DNA molecule, they found something quite unexpected—an exquisite 'language' composed of some 3 billion genetic letters. "One of the most extraordinary discoveries of the twentieth century," says Dr. Stephen Meyer, director of the Center for Science and Culture at the Discovery Institute in Seattle, Wash., "was that DNA actually stores information—the detailed instructions for assembling proteins—in the form of a four-character digital code" (quoted by Lee Strobel, The Case for a Creator, 2004, p. 224).

It is hard to fathom, but the amount of information in human DNA is roughly equivalent to 12 sets of The Encyclopaedia Britannica— an incredible 384 volumes" worth of detailed information that would fill 48 feet of library shelves!

Yet in their actual size—which is only two millionths of a millimeter thick—a teaspoon of DNA, according to molecular biologist Michael Denton, could contain all the information needed to build the proteins for all the species of organisms that have ever lived on the earth, and "there would still be enough room left for all the information in every book ever written" ( Evolution: A Theory in Crisis , 1996, p. 334).

Who or what could miniaturize such information and place this enormous number of 'letters' in their proper sequence as a genetic instruction manual? Could evolution have gradually come up with a system like this?

Actually, it already has, because mankind has helped to breed every different variety of dog from a single common ancestor known as the wolf.

As scientists began to decode the human DNA molecule, they found something quite unexpected—an exquisite 'language' composed of some 3 billion genetic letters. "One of the most extraordinary discoveries of the twentieth century," says Dr. Stephen Meyer, director of the Center for Science and Culture at the Discovery Institute in Seattle, Wash., "was that DNA actually stores information—the detailed instructions for assembling proteins—in the form of a four-character digital code" (quoted by Lee Strobel, The Case for a Creator, 2004, p. 224).

It is hard to fathom, but the amount of information in human DNA is roughly equivalent to 12 sets of The Encyclopaedia Britannica— an incredible 384 volumes" worth of detailed information that would fill 48 feet of library shelves!

Yet in their actual size—which is only two millionths of a millimeter thick—a teaspoon of DNA, according to molecular biologist Michael Denton, could contain all the information needed to build the proteins for all the species of organisms that have ever lived on the earth, and "there would still be enough room left for all the information in every book ever written" ( Evolution: A Theory in Crisis , 1996, p. 334).

Who or what could miniaturize such information and place this enormous number of 'letters' in their proper sequence as a genetic instruction manual? Could evolution have gradually come up with a system like this?

Yes

Actually, it already has, because mankind has helped to breed every different variety of dog from a single common ancestor known as the wolf.

ROFLMAO!!!! GET BACK TO ME WHEN YOU BREED A DOG INTO A COW!!!!!!!!! Think!

FACE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!===EVOLUTION IS BUNK "science"=THE RELIGION OF GOD HATING SIN LOVING FOOLS. WHO ELSE WOULD THINK THE MOST COMPLEX THING IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE=THE HUMAN BRAIN AND BODY COULD EVER BE JUST AN ACCIDENT OF TIME AND CHANCE??? ROFLMAO

Dogs cannot be bred into a cow

But they do have common ancestors as has been proven through DNA analysis

ROFLMAO!!! SO YOU THINK A SINGEL CELL OF POND SCUM EVOLVED INTO MAN BUT A TRILLION LIVING CELLS OF A DOG CANNOT EVOLVE INTO A COW??? think!!!

ROFLMAO!!! SO YOU THINK A SINGEL CELL OF POND SCUM EVOLVED INTO MAN BUT A TRILLION LIVING CELLS OF A DOG CANNOT EVOLVE INTO A COW??? think!!!

You think man was made from dust and Eve from a rib?

http://www.gotquestions.org/dust-of-the-earth.html

Genesis 2:7 teaches, “The Lord God formed a man from the dust of the earth and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.”

Last edited:

Umm, why would a dog turn into a cow? I'm sure it's happy being a dog. Think!

You seem to be the one incapable of thinking by using a lot of non sequiturs.

You can't really talk to these ignoramuses. All the evidence for evolution. It's equal to all the evidence as to what is at the center of the planet. Scientists know it isn't soft gooey cheese. But they haven't been there so they don't know for sure, that's the right wingnut position.

Why cant there be evolution and God as well? I dont get that. 6 days of creation? what if a day is just a metaphor for a period of time, even in creation story God created life in the ocean first and man last. seems to be in the correct evolutionary order doesnt it? maybe the ancient goat herders weere on to something.

Thank you for proving the premise behind the topic: You don't believe in evolution — you either understand it or you don't.

You clearly don't.

If a dog and a cow have a common ancestor (they do), then one is demonstrating one's extreme ignorance when asking to evolve a cow from a dog.

Last edited:
FACE THE TRUTH!!!===EVOLUTION IS BUNK "science"=THE RELIGION OF GOD HATING SIN LOVING FOOLS. WHO ELSE WOULD THINK THE MOST COMPLEX THING IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE=THE HUMAN BRAIN AND BODY COULD EVER BE JUST AN ACCIDENT OF TIME AND CHANCE??? ROFLMAO You hope there is no GOD thinking you can escape your final judgment day!!! DREAM ON!! UNTIL YOU FEEL THE FLAMES!!!

FACE THE TRUTH!!!===EVOLUTION IS BUNK "science"=THE RELIGION OF GOD HATING SIN LOVING FOOLS. WHO ELSE WOULD THINK THE MOST COMPLEX THING IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE=THE HUMAN BRAIN AND BODY COULD EVER BE JUST AN ACCIDENT OF TIME AND CHANCE??? ROFLMAO You hope there is no GOD thinking you can escape your final judgment day!!! DREAM ON!! UNTIL YOU FEEL THE FLAMES!!!

I happen to believe in God, attend church every Sunday, and have started two faith-based charities.

I also understand evolution. You do not. No matter how loud you shout.

I happen to believe in God, attend church every Sunday, and have started two faith-based charities.

I also understand evolution. You do not. No matter how loud you shout.

LOL!!! TOO BAD YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND GOD'S INSPIRED(GOD BREATHED) WORD!!! GOD says little man's wisdom is foolishness and HE laughs at it!!!

You dont haave to be so happy about it. evrybodys faith and understanding of things is just a little different. the person next to you in church doesnt believe exactly the same thing, its impossible. dont be so fast to judge. ( dont judge me bro)

Why cant there be evolution and God as well? I dont get that. 6 days of creation? what if a day is just a metaphor for a period of time, even in creation story God created life in the ocean first and man last. seems to be in the correct evolutionary order doesnt it? maybe the ancient goat herders weere on to something.

Agreed.

Matter of fact, it states in the Bible that God created mankind in His image.

If we're created in His image, shouldn't we be able to do some of the things He does? I mean, mankind evolved every breed of dog from a common ancestor known as the wolf.

Mankind has also been able to evolve technology from the very first large computer to the smart phone that a lot of people now carry with them every day.

I remember an episode of "The Naked Archaeologist", where he showed an ancient carving and also showed that it matched up quite nicely with a possible timeline of the creation of the Earth.

Each "day" was around 10 million years.

Forum List

Back