#whyIDidntReport

42199231_889544351251460_7505929883516665856_n.jpg

Something to think about...

#WhyIDidntReport : Sexual assault survivors respond to Trump's tweet - CNN

They are afraid of repercussions.

They are made to feel it’s their own fault.

They are told to dismiss it.

They are often the ones who were blamed.

They are afraid they might be asked for more evidence.

They are afraid no one will believe them.

They are afraid people will find out.

They want to forget.

Now look at how Dr. Ford is being treated.
Exactly....look how Dr. Ford is being treated. And they refuse to investigate.

They want to forget.

Many of them stated they did report it and the report was not believed. Which means it WAS reported

I understand the need to show compassion but this is really not a good tool for proving anything

Twitter is not a good research tool

As a father of two young daughters I get it but what happened to innocent until proven guilty? We are destroying a mans life over a word of a potential mad woman over an alleged crime that supposedly took place 36 yrs ago.

This is insanity.
"destroying this man's life"? He's a federal judge, he will continue to be a federal judge, maybe even promoted to the Supreme Court for life......why is it that people are MORE concerned about an alleged assaulter than they are an alleged victim? Same thing with that swimmer...everyone seemed more concerned about his future than the girl he raped.

They want to forget.

Exactly....look how Dr. Ford is being treated. And they refuse to investigate.
I remember when you hit on me. I'm still traumatized.

I demand an FBI investigation.

As a father of two young daughters I get it but what happened to innocent until proven guilty? We are destroying a mans life over a word of a potential mad woman over an alleged crime that supposedly took place 36 yrs ago.

This is insanity.
Aren’t we destroying TWO people here? Look at your last sentence...you have already judged and convicted her.
No just one.

She is responsible for making the accusation.

IF the accusation is bad and harms Kavanaugh then we have done no harm to her.

I would love to see those three witnesses under oath telling the hearing how there was no such party. It never happened. Especially the woman who says she was never at any party where Kavanaugh was.

Just tear Ford a whole new asshole. Rip her apart.
Didn’t she pass a lie detector test?

That test asked if her assertion was true not the act. I can Assert that I am a lamp and if asked under the polygraph test that yes I asseted that. Doesn’t make me a lamp....
It means she believes what she is saying is true.
Polygraphs are not lie detector tests.

They are massively unreliable and prove nothing

No.

She and the left are trying to destroy the nominee's life.

She also destroyed her own life by buying into the notion that the Democrats would shield her from her own unsubstantiated accusations.

When they say, "She deserves to be listened to" what they are really saying is that "She deserves to be believed". Because she HAS been listened to and her story has been found to lack credibility.

beyond that, common sense would dictate that she would have told SOMEBODY about it at the time.

Here we have a woman who was supposedly raped, but she wasn't even traumatized enough to remember a thing about it and managed to not tell a single soul about it until such a time as she could act as a political operative in doing so.

Exactly and this is all in the #MeToo thing, but the difference is that the INITIAL #MeToo was about Hollyweird types like Harvey Weinstein and that rampant faggot Kevin Spacey etc who were in powerful entertainment positions where they could threaten their victims to STFU or they would NEVER work in the entertainment business ever again.

The Christine Ford woman was what 15 or 16 and she ALLEGES a THEN 17 year old teenage boy sexually assaulted her, YET she NEVER told ANYONE OR went to the police. Why?
Yeah, it may be that she did feel shame, but not about what happened to her.

That is an unkind remark on My part, but at this point, what else can be said?

I would hold her up as a lesson for other women and girls -- providing she was assaulted by someone -- that they should never keep it to themselves. Not even to spare the feelings of their parents, boyfriends or anyone else.

If you are assaulted or feel you have been assaulted, tell someone in authority and get it on record.
And as a lesson for other men and boys

The one thing forgotten by many people is the male victims of rape and sexual assault

True there are not as many but what few indications we have they are not miniscule in number either.

It is said that male victims have an even harder time coming forward. I get the reasoning but I have doubts.

Ive met male victims of rape and rapists who prey on men. I decided long ago I'd have no hesitation reporting it if it happened to me.

No.

She and the left are trying to destroy the nominee's life.

She also destroyed her own life by buying into the notion that the Democrats would shield her from her own unsubstantiated accusations.

When they say, "She deserves to be listened to" what they are really saying is that "She deserves to be believed". Because she HAS been listened to and her story has been found to lack credibility.

beyond that, common sense would dictate that she would have told SOMEBODY about it at the time.

Here we have a woman who was supposedly raped, but she wasn't even traumatized enough to remember a thing about it and managed to not tell a single soul about it until such a time as she could act as a political operative in doing so.

Exactly and this is all in the #MeToo thing, but the difference is that the INITIAL #MeToo was about Hollyweird types like Harvey Weinstein and that rampant faggot Kevin Spacey etc who were in powerful entertainment positions where they could threaten their victims to STFU or they would NEVER work in the entertainment business ever again.

The Christine Ford woman was what 15 or 16 and she ALLEGES a THEN 17 year old teenage boy sexually assaulted her, YET she NEVER told ANYONE OR went to the police. Why?
Yeah, it may be that she did feel shame, but not about what happened to her.

That is an unkind remark on My part, but at this point, what else can be said?

I would hold her up as a lesson for other women and girls -- providing she was assaulted by someone -- that they should never keep it to themselves. Not even to spare the feelings of their parents, boyfriends or anyone else.

If you are assaulted or feel you have been assaulted, tell someone in authority and get it on record.
And as a lesson for other men and boys

The one thing forgotten by many people is the male victims of rape and sexual assault

True there are not as many but what few indications we have they are not miniscule in number either.

It is said that male victims have an even harder time coming forward. I get the reasoning but I have doubts.

Ive met male victims of rape and rapists who prey on men. I decided long ago I'd have no hesitation reporting it if it happened to me.
I had a dream I was raped by Diane Feinstein. I'm just now remembering it.

Boy am I sick! Gotta watch how much I eat before bed.

This is not going away, this is a crime that has no statue of limitation. Also her reputation is not on the radar here, his is, NO means NO.
Technically it does have a statute of limitations.

True today sexual assault or rape have no statute of limitations in Maryland.

But they did in the 1980s. The current law establishing no SOL for those crimes was passed in 2009.

Any alleged crime which happened before 09 is subject to the previous SOL which has passed in this case.

This is not going away, this is a crime that has no statue of limitation. Also her reputation is not on the radar here, his is, NO means NO.

But they did in the 1980s. The current law establishing no SOL for those crimes was passed in 2009.

Any alleged crime which happened before 09 is subject to the previous SOL which has passed in this case.

And we all know what those laws were like, no rape for spouses and a women must show proof she fought off her attacker. Imagine that.

And we all know what those laws were like, no rape for spouses and a women must show proof she fought off her attacker. Imagine that.
Not really we were only referring to one law about statute of limitations.

I do not even oppose the change. Im fine with having no limit for how long one can take to report such a crime.

But is also just to make allegations of crimes before that change took place subject to previous laws.

We should never allow the state to make up laws and then retroactively charge people

This is insanity.
"destroying this man's life"? He's a federal judge, he will continue to be a federal judge, maybe even promoted to the Supreme Court for life......why is it that people are MORE concerned about an alleged assaulter than they are an alleged victim? Same thing with that swimmer...everyone seemed more concerned about his future than the girl he raped.

You know this is BS. Get off your high horse

They want to forget.

Why didn't she report when Brett Kavanaugh was previously being confirmed a Federal Judge?
Most likely because that wasn’t in the news.

Of course it would have been in the news, if then she would have Googled Brett Kavanaugh she would have been aware.

Bull fucking shit.

Do you know any federal judges on the West Coast????

Who was the last federal judge to be put on the bench? You are going to look it up because unless you live out there, you don't know,

Quit being such an asshole & realize that your buddy Kavanaugh actually did it.

Did he? Proof please?

What kills me is these idiotic actresses. They have her back but not Juanita Broadericks. Hypocrisy of the Left strikes again.
Hypocrisy exists on both sides. After all they give Kavanaugh the benefit of the doubt but not Clinton.

I think she and Kavanaugh both deserve to be assumed truthful and innocent until proven otherwise. Too much public opining.
Thus an investigation....which the Right doesn't want...for....some...reason.

What kills me is these idiotic actresses. They have her back but not Juanita Broadericks. Hypocrisy of the Left strikes again.
Hypocrisy exists on both sides. After all they give Kavanaugh the benefit of the doubt but not Clinton.

I think she and Kavanaugh both deserve to be assumed truthful and innocent until proven otherwise. Too much public opining.
Thus an investigation....which the Right doesn't want...for....some...reason.
The FBI doesn't want it.

They want to forget.

When you make an uncorroborated accusation, decades after the event was supposed to have taken place, just when it would do the most damage to those with whom you disagree politically ... you should expect a bit of skepticism.

It doesn't matter if you're a man, women, or any other gender.
A bit of skepticism, yes......and an investigation would go a long way to alleviate such skepticism. Kavanaugh may be an assaulting creep....he may not.....but one thing for sure......we've seen a LOT of posters here willingly and loudly show how much of a creep THEY are when it comes to assaulting women and women who have the nerve to report it.

Forum List

Back