🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Will A Government Shutdown Effect You Personally?

Will A Government Shutdown Effect You Personally

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you have a 401k, you will be effected.

That's not a talking point, dear robot.

That's real dollars and cents in your 401k disappearing. Each and every person who has one.

Bullshit.

Just curious as to how a Government Shutdown will effect you all personally. Will your lives change? What will you do during the Shutdown? Thanks.

It won't effect me financially and likely not have an impact on any aspect of my life, other than my disgust with the dishonesty of elected officials and the callous disregard for those who will suffer from this fiasco.

I'm directly effected because my day job centers around representing taxpayers before the IRS. I posted a new thread under "current events" showing the notice on the IRS website. The "no refunds will be issued" is a pain in the ass, but cancelling all appeals hearings is a real kick in the teeth. It's hard enough to get a hearing scheduled to get the dispute out of the computer notice system and in front of a live human being as it is. Most taxpayer's don't realize that certain compliance projects are completely computerized; that if they don't respond everything from first letter to their bank account being levied can happen automatically without any human in the IRS contacting the taxpayer. There is no way the IRS can delay those programs, so I suggest everyone have an adequate supply of lube.

Nothing here affected.

In fact welfare checks and food stamps are well protected by laws.

Imagine if a republicrat president simply decided he would no longer enforce the law and allow it to be defunded? Like Obozo and DOMA?

It would be nice if we had a president with a sack since Reagan that wasn't a "progressive" globalist.,

Like funding of the Contras and the laws not allowing that?

Just curious as to how a Government Shutdown will effect you all personally. Will your lives change? What will you do during the Shutdown? Thanks.

It won't effect me financially and likely not have an impact on any aspect of my life, other than my disgust with the dishonesty of elected officials and the callous disregard for those who will suffer from this fiasco.

The fact that you ignore the reality of who's truly at fault shows your callous disregard of the people who will actually suffer

original.jpg

The Rs threaten and blackmail and threaten and extort and threaten and refuse to even talk to the president or to Ds and then, all of a sudden, its the Ds who have been threatening and blackmailing.

Yeah, right.

Nothing here affected.

Imagine if a republicrat president simply decided he would no longer enforce the law and allow it to be defunded? Like Obozo and DOMA?

It would be nice if we had a president with a sack since Reagan that wasn't a "progressive" globalist.,

Reagan was nothing close to being the pillar of perfection you guys like to make him out to be.

Nothing here affected.

Reagan was nothing close to being the pillar of perfection you guys like to make him out to be.

Since when do "us guys" imply Reagan was a "pillar of perfection"? I can understand a reverence for him compared to the moonbat messiah, but plenty of us strongly disagree with his signing of amnesty and the gun control act of 1986.

That's why we oppose any further "compromise" with the left. We need to roll back 40 years worth of asinine leftism, not "compromise on the next 40 years worth.

Have we become too dependent on Government? Maybe the 'Preppers' will have the last laugh?

The Rs threaten and blackmail and threaten and extort and threaten and refuse to even talk to the president or to Ds and then, all of a sudden, its the Ds who have been threatening and blackmailing.

Yeah, right.

Actually, it's the President who has stated he will not negotiate.

Considering 75% of the government is still running, i dont think it's likely that it will.

However, if it does, im confident that the Lord will support my family through the trial as He always does.

Have we become too dependent on Government? Maybe the 'Preppers' will have the last laugh?

Im doubtful of that. Many of them are way to anti social. (Though I am completely for making preparations anything we may face)

Yeah, right.

Actually, it's the President who has stated he will not negotiate.

I dont think he cares about what the President has said or hasnt said. It doesnt fit the narrative.

Im doubtful of that. Many of them are way to anti social. (Though I am completely for making preparations anything we may face)

Now i lean towards thinking they have the right idea. If you're struggling to make it through a 'Government Shutdown' that's not really a Shutdown, it may be time to consider getting more prepared for far worse disasters.

Forum List

Back