Will Blacks Abandon the Democrat Party?

<I don't doubt for a minute if the republican party could find a way to legalize slavery, they'd do it. >

--- oh damn, was that my outside voice? --

Either that or find a way to pay people riduculously low wages that they can barely afford to live on

Republicans want a flood of productivity's wealth generation going up to the rich on a promise that a little of it will trickle back down.

Horseshit. the gap between rich and poor has grown under obama. His policies have helped his rich buddies and done nothing for the middle and lower classes.

And people want to say the civil war was about slavery because less than five percent of the south owned slaves? hahaha That's funny.

No dimwit. They say that because the states that seceded from the Union say so in their articles of secession. remember the Cornerstone Speech? Your dumb ass is getting schooled today arent you?

Mississippi Declaration of Secession

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery - the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product, which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun.

Cornerstone Speech - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Stephens' March 1861 speech declared that African slavery was the "immediate cause" of secession, and that the Confederate Constitution had put to rest the "agitating questions" as to the "proper status of the negro in our form of civilization".

And your point is?
That you are retarded for implying the civil war was not about slavery. Did you really think I wouldnt bust you.......again?

And people want to say the civil war was about slavery because less than five percent of the south owned slaves? hahaha That's funny.

It wasn't about slavery. Nothing could actually be further from the truth. The War Between the States began because the South demanded States' rights and were not getting them.

The Congress at that time heavily favored the industrialized northern states to the point of demanding that the South sell is cotton and other raw materials only to the factories in the north, rather than to other countries. The Congress also taxed the finished materials that the northern industries produced heavily, making finished products that the South wanted, unaffordable. The Civil War should not have occurred. If the Northern States and their representatives in Congress had only listened to the problems of the South, and stopped these practices that were almost like the taxation without representation of Great Britain, then the Southern states would not have seceded and the war would not have occurred.

Slavery was a part of those greater issues, but it was not the reason the Southern States seceded from the Union, nor fought the Civil War. It certainly was a Southern institution that was part of the economic system of the plantations, and because of that, it was part and parcel of the economic reasons that the South formed the Confederacy.

That's hilarious coming from someone from Texas, a state that seceded TWICE in order to protect its right to keep slavery legal.

These idiots are beyond help at this point. Everything they have submitted as proof is a forgery, hearsay or unverified. I have tears running down my face laughing at them.
There's no limit to the rewriting of history by the Right. Where to begin?

RebelFlag.jpg
Proudly flying the flag, I see.
Yup..Good eye!
Can't sneak anything by you.

The same one AveGuyIA proudly owned as his avatar as one time.

Oh?
So what?
The old flag...of democrats.
The flag of patriots who opposed federal gvmt oppression and were brave enough to back up their convictions.
^ That's what this thread needs. The full bore racists not afraid to say they fly the flag of the old racist Conservative democrats who were willing to fight to the death to preserve, protect and expand slavery -- to fight -- oppression!

"Brave enough to back up their convictions" (!) in a "country" they formed where nearly half the population was in chains, and bought and sold as farm animals, the remaining half of that was property of their men. But, damn! Those conservatives were ready to die -- to fight oppression!

Yeeehaaaaw!

That's not what the war of northern aggression was about. ..but do carry on.

<I don't doubt for a minute if the republican party could find a way to legalize slavery, they'd do it. >

Either that or find a way to pay people riduculously low wages that they can barely afford to live on

Republicans want a flood of productivity's wealth generation going up to the rich on a promise that a little of it will trickle back down.
I'd rather work for and with wealthy people than go through trash with poor people.

Yup..Good eye!

Oh?
So what?
The flag of patriots who opposed federal gvmt oppression and were brave enough to back up their convictions.
^ That's what this thread needs. The full bore racists not afraid to say they fly the flag of the old racist Conservative democrats who were willing to fight to the death to preserve, protect and expand slavery -- to fight -- oppression!

"Brave enough to back up their convictions" (!) in a "country" they formed where nearly half the population was in chains, and bought and sold as farm animals, the remaining half of that was property of their men. But, damn! Those conservatives were ready to die -- to fight oppression!

Yeeehaaaaw!

the confederate flag is a piece of history, it is not a symbol of racism.

It is the symbol of a group of states who tried to leave the United States in order to protect the institution of enslaving black humans.

I can't help but be reminded of Tom Delay's phrase on seeing the barbed-wire, human -rights abusing sweatshops in the Mariana's Islands. It was his "perfect petri dish of capitalism. It's like my Galapagos Island."

Yes, he said that. That's perfect capitalism for the one time leader of the GOP.

"Because they were produced in a territory of the United States, garments traveled tariff-free and quota-free to the profitable U.S. market and were entitled to display the coveted "Made in the USA" label.

Among the manufacturers that had profited from the un-free labor market on the island were Tommy Hilfiger USA, Gap, Calvin Klein and Liz Claiborne."

Michele Bachmann and a few other GOP said they should do away with minimum wage completely. Completely. Yeah, they don't want slaves, I exaggerated - but they are fine and dandy with sweatshops, pittance & squalor.

No dimwit. They say that because the states that seceded from the Union say so in their articles of secession. remember the Cornerstone Speech? Your dumb ass is getting schooled today arent you?

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery - the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product, which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun.

Stephens' March 1861 speech declared that African slavery was the "immediate cause" of secession, and that the Confederate Constitution had put to rest the "agitating questions" as to the "proper status of the negro in our form of civilization".

And your point is?
That you are retarded for implying the civil war was not about slavery. Did you really think I wouldnt bust you.......again?

It wasn't about slavery. Nothing could actually be further from the truth. The War Between the States began because the South demanded States' rights and were not getting them.

The Congress at that time heavily favored the industrialized northern states to the point of demanding that the South sell is cotton and other raw materials only to the factories in the north, rather than to other countries. The Congress also taxed the finished materials that the northern industries produced heavily, making finished products that the South wanted, unaffordable. The Civil War should not have occurred. If the Northern States and their representatives in Congress had only listened to the problems of the South, and stopped these practices that were almost like the taxation without representation of Great Britain, then the Southern states would not have seceded and the war would not have occurred.

Slavery was a part of those greater issues, but it was not the reason the Southern States seceded from the Union, nor fought the Civil War. It certainly was a Southern institution that was part of the economic system of the plantations, and because of that, it was part and parcel of the economic reasons that the South formed the Confederacy.

That's hilarious coming from someone from Texas, a state that seceded TWICE in order to protect its right to keep slavery legal.
You "progressives" sure do spend a lot of time in the past.

Yup..Good eye!

Oh?
So what?

Yeeehaaaaw!

It is the symbol of a group of states who tried to leave the United States in order to protect the institution of enslaving black humans.
That's not why.
The leaders of the south knew slavery was fading as the industrial revolution was beginning...but cling to what you were taught in public school. It's so trendy!

I'd rather work for and with wealthy people than go through trash with poor people.

What's better? If one man has a million dollars, or if a thousand men each have a thousand dollars?

And your point is?

You "progressives" sure do spend a lot of time in the past.

That's the sort of comment that concedes the point. lol, why didn't bitch at lonestar for talking about the past?

RebelFlag.jpg
Yup..Good eye!

Oh?
So what?

Yeeehaaaaw!

The German swastika is a piece of history too.

It's also also a symbol of racism.

Yup..Good eye!

Oh?
So what?

Yeeehaaaaw!

That's not why.
The leaders of the south knew slavery was fading as the industrial revolution was beginning...but cling to what you were taught in public school. It's so trendy!

The industrial revolution is what boosted the demand for cotton.

The Confederate states SAID they were seceding to protect slavery. How do you cope with that irrefutable fact?

And your point is?

===============
RIGHT ON !!! :up:
that is the missing part of history the libercrats and demofools like to ignore, they FEEEEEEEL it was all about black freedom.

What's better? If one man has a million dollars, or if a thousand men each have a thousand dollars?
Neither is "better". Money doesn't make you "better".

Horseshit. the gap between rich and poor has grown under obama. His policies have helped his rich buddies and done nothing for the middle and lower classes.
Can you specify which policies have done that?

Yup..Good eye!

Oh?
So what?

Yeeehaaaaw!

You obviously have not idea what the civil war was about. Sad, truly sad. Thanks, teachers union. You have produced a generation of idiots.

That's exactly why you guys want the border open...So you can exploit illegals, displace american workers and drive down fair wages for americans ....which would keep more people dependent on gvmt. and gvmt "programs" ....which leads to votes.

Why isn't the border closed?
I'm all for throwing employers in jail

Do that and you don't even need a fence

Yup..Good eye!

Oh?
So what?

Yeeehaaaaw!

The German swastika is a piece of history too.

It's also also a symbol of racism.

wrong, its a symbol of a totalitarian regime. Jewish is not a race, its a religion.

Can you specify which policies have done that?

Can you? its a fact and it occured under obama.

That's exactly why you guys want the border open...So you can exploit illegals, displace american workers and drive down fair wages for americans ....which would keep more people dependent on gvmt. and gvmt "programs" ....which leads to votes.

Why isn't the border closed?
I'm all for throwing employers in jail

Do that and you don't even need a fence

Keeping illegals from crossing our borders is a better solution than jailing americans. you libs never cease to amaze me with your hate of american businesses.

Forum List

Back