Will Blacks Abandon the Democrat Party?

Could someone with more patience than I explain this to him please?

It won't matter.

It's human nature to want to believe one is good and right, so people whitewash the crimes of those to whom they relate.

I know the Lost Causers are stuck in a horrific time warp and much reason & logic escapes them, but I just don't understand someone who can read:

"There were nearly four MILLION slaves in the South in 1860.
Out of a population of Nine million."

and say:

"So the majority of the slaves were in the North."

I mean, my six year old niece can do better than that. How does this man turn on the computer?

If there are nine million slaves and four million are in the south that leaves 5 million in the north and ever since I was a little boy, 5 million was more than four million.

Oh man. You're a grown adult? You went to school and every thing and you thought the whole population in in the US was 9 million??

NINE MILLION IN THE SOUTH. I even underlined it for you

The whole population in 1860 was THIRTY ONE MILLION.

I have no idea what the nine million figure represents. You weren't very clear in your comment.

The 1860 census records indicate that 200,112 free blacks were living in the North, but another 287,958 free blacks were living in the slave-owning states of the South.
All about genealogy and family history - Researching Free Blacks - Ancestry.com Wiki

This shows a higher number of free blacks, but not nearly five million that you suggested.

American Civil War Census Data

In 1860, there were 4.5 million blacks in the United States, 4 million living in the South. Of those, 261,988 were free blacks living in the South, usually in urban centers like New Orleans that accounted for 10,689 free blacks. Restrictions on free blacks were severe, however. They could not move from one state to another and in 1859 the Arkansas legislature, for example, passed a law ordering sheriffs to force freedmen out of the state. The Arkansas slave population was at 26%.

The 1860 Census and Slavery in the United States

Statistically, 4.8% of all Southern whites owned slaves. When factored by the entire population, 1.4% of all United States whites were slave owners

And people want to say the civil war was about slavery because less than five percent of the south owned slaves? hahaha That's funny.

Lonestar Logic actually thought 5 million slaves were in the North in 1860.

This should be enough to disqualify him from any Civil War conversation.

Ever.

Period.
I have a pet rock that's smarter than Lonestar. No wonder he went to prison. I bet he went in for being stupid instead of the bullshit story he told me.

Ever.

Period.

No lonestar logic didn't understand what the nine million figure represented. I hazard a guess. Fact is your nine million figure is absolute bullshit.

There was a total or 4.5 million blacks in ALL of the US in 1860.

Ever.

Period.
I have a pet rock that's smarter than Lonestar. No wonder he went to prison. I bet he went in for being stupid instead of the bullshit story he told me.

That's funny.

Especially after you had to admit I was right. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And people want to say the civil war was about slavery because less than five percent of the south owned slaves? hahaha That's funny.

No dimwit. They say that because the states that seceded from the Union say so in their articles of secession. remember the Cornerstone Speech? Your dumb ass is getting schooled today arent you?

Mississippi Declaration of Secession

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery - the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product, which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun.

Cornerstone Speech - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Stephens' March 1861 speech declared that African slavery was the "immediate cause" of secession, and that the Confederate Constitution had put to rest the "agitating questions" as to the "proper status of the negro in our form of civilization".

Last edited:

and Lonestar logic reply:

This isn't difficult for most people beyond 5th grand, LL.

Could someone with more patience than I explain this to him please?

It won't matter.

It's human nature to want to believe one is good and right, so people whitewash the crimes of those to whom they relate.

I know the Lost Causers are stuck in a horrific time warp and much reason & logic escapes them, but I just don't understand someone who can read:

and say:

I mean, my six year old niece can do better than that. How does this man turn on the computer?

If there are nine million slaves and four million are in the south that leaves 5 million in the north and ever since I was a little boy, 5 million was more than four million.

Oh man. You're a grown adult? You went to school and every thing and you thought the whole population in in the US was 9 million??

I have no idea what the nine million figure represents. You weren't very clear in your comment.

The 1860 census records indicate that 200,112 free blacks were living in the North, but another 287,958 free blacks were living in the slave-owning states of the South.
All about genealogy and family history - Researching Free Blacks - Ancestry.com Wiki

This shows a higher number of free blacks, but not nearly five million that you suggested.

In 1860, there were 4.5 million blacks in the United States, 4 million living in the South. Of those, 261,988 were free blacks living in the South, usually in urban centers like New Orleans that accounted for 10,689 free blacks. Restrictions on free blacks were severe, however. They could not move from one state to another and in 1859 the Arkansas legislature, for example, passed a law ordering sheriffs to force freedmen out of the state. The Arkansas slave population was at 26%.

Statistically, 4.8% of all Southern whites owned slaves. When factored by the entire population, 1.4% of all United States whites were slave owners

The people who said secession was about slavery were the people who seceded.

Black people instituted public education.

That's the funniest shit I've heard in a while.
The funniest shit in a while has been your last couple of posts. What a fuckin moron!

Reconstruction Era - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Historian James D. Anderson argues that the freed slaves were the first Southerners "to campaign for universal, state-supported public education."[135] Blacks in the Republican coalition played a critical role in establishing the principle in state constitutions for the first time during congressional Reconstruction.

So a guy makes an argument and somehow that translates into fact?

Wikipedia even?

You do know that public education was going on since 1647.

The General Court of the Massachusetts Bay Colony decrees that every town of fifty families should have an elementary school and that every town of 100 families should have a Latin school. The goal is to ensure that Puritan children learn to read the Bible and receive basic information about their Calvinist religion.

Thomas Jefferson proposes a two-track educational system, with different tracks in his words for "the laboring and the learned." Scholarship would allow a very few of the laboring class to advance, Jefferson says, by "raking a few geniuses from the rubbish."

The Continental Congress (before the U.S. Constitution was ratified) passes a law calling for a survey of the "Northwest Territory" which included what was to become the state of Ohio. The law created "townships," reserving a portion of each township for a local school. From these "land grants" eventually came the U.S. system of "land grant universities," the state public universities that exist today. Of course in order to create these townships, the Continental Congress assumes it has the right to give away or sell land that is already occupied by Native people.

Pennsylvania state constitution calls for free public education but only for poor children. It is expected that rich people will pay for their children's schooling.

New York Public School Society formed by wealthy businessmen to provide education for poor children. Schools are run on the "Lancasterian" model, in which one "master" can teach hundreds of students in a single room. The master gives a rote lesson to the older students, who then pass it down to the younger students. These schools emphasize discipline and obedience qualities that factory owners want in their workers.

A petition presented in the Boston Town Meeting calls for establishing of a system of free public primary schools. Main support comes from local merchants, businessmen and wealthier artisans. Many wage earners oppose it, because they don't want to pay the taxes.

First public high school in the U.S., Boston English, opens.
Massachusetts passes a law making all grades of public school open to all pupils free of charge.
1830s
By this time, most southern states have laws forbidding teaching people in slavery to read. Even so, around 5 percent become literate at great personal risk.

1820-1860
The percentage of people working in agriculture plummets as family farms are gobbled up by larger agricultural businesses and people are forced to look for work in towns and cities. At the same time, cities grow tremendously, fueled by new manufacturing industries, the influx of people from rural areas and many immigrants from Europe. During the 10 years from 1846 to 1856, 3.1 million immigrants arrive a number equal to one eighth of the entire U.S. population. Owners of industry needed a docile, obedient workforce and look to public schools to provide it.

All before the reconstruction era!

Historical Timeline of Public Education in the US Race Forward

It won't matter.

and say:

Lonestar is having a bad day. He has been mocked and made a fool of. Even the people he was supporting have abandoned him.

and Lonestar logic reply:

This isn't difficult for most people beyond 5th grand, LL.

There wasn't nine million black people in the US in 1860. So where the fuck is the nine million figure coming from?

I've showed you the census from 1860 and it showed 4.5 million blacks in the US.

and say:

Lonestar is having a bad day. He has been mocked and made a fool of. Even the people he was supporting have abandoned him.

I don't need support, hell both of you already conceded that I was right about blacks in the CSA.

The funniest shit in a while has been your last couple of posts. What a fuckin moron!

Historian James D. Anderson argues that the freed slaves were the first Southerners "to campaign for universal, state-supported public education."[135] Blacks in the Republican coalition played a critical role in establishing the principle in state constitutions for the first time during congressional Reconstruction.

Wikipedia even?

The General Court of the Massachusetts Bay Colony decrees that every town of fifty families should have an elementary school and that every town of 100 families should have a Latin school. The goal is to ensure that Puritan children learn to read the Bible and receive basic information about their Calvinist religion.

Thomas Jefferson proposes a two-track educational system, with different tracks in his words for "the laboring and the learned." Scholarship would allow a very few of the laboring class to advance, Jefferson says, by "raking a few geniuses from the rubbish."

The Continental Congress (before the U.S. Constitution was ratified) passes a law calling for a survey of the "Northwest Territory" which included what was to become the state of Ohio. The law created "townships," reserving a portion of each township for a local school. From these "land grants" eventually came the U.S. system of "land grant universities," the state public universities that exist today. Of course in order to create these townships, the Continental Congress assumes it has the right to give away or sell land that is already occupied by Native people.

Pennsylvania state constitution calls for free public education but only for poor children. It is expected that rich people will pay for their children's schooling.

New York Public School Society formed by wealthy businessmen to provide education for poor children. Schools are run on the "Lancasterian" model, in which one "master" can teach hundreds of students in a single room. The master gives a rote lesson to the older students, who then pass it down to the younger students. These schools emphasize discipline and obedience qualities that factory owners want in their workers.

A petition presented in the Boston Town Meeting calls for establishing of a system of free public primary schools. Main support comes from local merchants, businessmen and wealthier artisans. Many wage earners oppose it, because they don't want to pay the taxes.

Massachusetts passes a law making all grades of public school open to all pupils free of charge.
1830s
By this time, most southern states have laws forbidding teaching people in slavery to read. Even so, around 5 percent become literate at great personal risk.

1820-1860
The percentage of people working in agriculture plummets as family farms are gobbled up by larger agricultural businesses and people are forced to look for work in towns and cities. At the same time, cities grow tremendously, fueled by new manufacturing industries, the influx of people from rural areas and many immigrants from Europe. During the 10 years from 1846 to 1856, 3.1 million immigrants arrive a number equal to one eighth of the entire U.S. population. Owners of industry needed a docile, obedient workforce and look to public schools to provide it.

That is fascinating but none of it really contradicts the argument that "the freed slaves were the first Southerners "to campaign for universal, state-supported public education."

Wikipedia even?

1830s

1820-1860

That is fascinating but none of it really contradicts the argument that "the freed slaves were the first Southerners "to campaign for universal, state-supported public education."

The argument is just that. An argument nothing more.

What it shows is the concept of public education had been around for centuries.

No dimwit. They say that because the states that seceded from the Union say so in their articles of secession. remember the Cornerstone Speech? Your dumb ass is getting schooled today arent you?

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery - the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product, which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun.

Stephens' March 1861 speech declared that African slavery was the "immediate cause" of secession, and that the Confederate Constitution had put to rest the "agitating questions" as to the "proper status of the negro in our form of civilization".

And your point is?

And your point is?
That you are retarded for implying the civil war was not about slavery. Did you really think I wouldnt bust you.......again?

Please cite the "free shit" white people got. There wasnt any.
You are increasingly irrelevant due to your ignorance and stupidity.

Free slave labor
Free land via homestead acts.
Free schooling once former Black slaves created the public school system.
Welfare was created for whites and denied people of color.
First in line for jobs up until AA was made a law.

We all know you maintain a knowledge of my prescence. You wouldnt be talking to me if I was irrelevant. Who do you think you are fooling? :lol:
Slaves were purchased by masters. They had to be maintained, fed, clothed etc. Nothing free about that.
Homesteaders were required to work the land for a certain number of years using their own tools etc. Nothing free there.
Horace Mann, white, created free public schooling.
There were seldom competitions between blacks and whites for jobs as they tended to take different job types.

Boy, looks like your knowledge of history comes from some Afrocentric propaganda text.

I was unaware the slaves were paid for their forced labor.
Free land should be worked. Dont play stupid. It was free.
Sorry dude but Horace Mann was a front man. Black people instituted public education. He just signed off on it.
You dont sound too bright nor do you know history. One of the main reason poor whites fought in the Civil War is because they didnt want to compete with freed Black slaves.
This is 2014. You're a whiner. Islamists are enslaving people today. Do something about that.
We werent talking about 2014 retard. Dont you know how to read?
You've never been a slave and no one here has owned a slave. Whiner.

"Of course blacks fought for the Confederacy. You are imaging that all slave owners beat their slaves, raped their slaves, starved their slaves, and therefor all slaves hated whitey and would never fight for the south. You are wrong, MANY slaves were treated well (I mean considering they were slaves) and thought of their masters as family of sorts and considered an attack on them as an attack on themselves.

Oh , and many , MANY slaves were foreman who had authority over the other slaves and yes carried guns before the civil war, so arming them during the civil war wasn't really a question."
--------------------------------
A few did. Very few.

Most Historians with no 'south/north' agenda other than honesty to the facts and documentation available, have concluded the evidence just does not exist to support this recently touted meme of Black Confederates soldiers.

Answer me this neo-rebels: What was the one thing Southern slaveholders feared the most?

You know the answer. A slave uprising. John Brown shook those fears heartily. Talk of it ruled the day. The slave revolts in the Caribbean were still fresh on their minds.

They were petrified of slaves getting enough courage to break their chains and leave for the natural state of man: an aching desire for freedom.
Now pretend you're a slaveowner - do you give your slaves guns? Hell no you don't.

They thought it, in their words, a "suicidal policy."

That's why the confederacy forbade it.

"Our position with the North and before the world will not allow the employment as armed soldiers of negroes." CSA Secretary of War James A. SeddonLINK: The War of the Rebellion: a compilation of the official records

...and why they were arguing as late as 1865 - near the very, very end - if they should allow the negroes to fight. This is a matter of record.

It was only when the south was beat to a bloody pulp, with not much more to lose, they considered doing so. And even then many would not hear of it. Even then.

So take your Lost Cause Jarbage and stuff it in your rebel cap while you march around whistling Dixie pretending you know dick all about it.
These idiots are beyond help at this point. Everything they have submitted as proof is a forgery, hearsay or unverified. I have tears running down my face laughing at them.
There's no limit to the rewriting of history by the Right. Where to begin?

Maybe a little here and there, but I don't see much changing for quite a while.

First, it's taken two or three generations for the Democrats to leverage political correctness and identity politics to largely isolate blacks from the rest of society. That kind of damage and conditioning can't be reversed overnight.

Second, the GOP is still COMPLETELY paralyzed by the effects of PC and are afraid to speak out against these tactics for fear of being labeled racists. So, they evidently think that blacks will just gravitate to them because they're tired of Democrats. I don't see that happening to any large extent. The GOP can't just stand there with a come-hither look. They have to actually DO something.

Nothing of significance happens unless and until the GOP grows some stones and calls the Democrats out for the damage they've done.

Not holding my breath on that one.

So pray tell, just what un-PC thing should they be saying that some of them haven't said already?

Maybe a little here and there, but I don't see much changing for quite a while.

First, it's taken two or three generations for the Democrats to leverage political correctness and identity politics to largely isolate blacks from the rest of society. That kind of damage and conditioning can't be reversed overnight.

Second, the GOP is still COMPLETELY paralyzed by the effects of PC and are afraid to speak out against these tactics for fear of being labeled racists. So, they evidently think that blacks will just gravitate to them because they're tired of Democrats. I don't see that happening to any large extent. The GOP can't just stand there with a come-hither look. They have to actually DO something.

Nothing of significance happens unless and until the GOP grows some stones and calls the Democrats out for the damage they've done.

Not holding my breath on that one.

So pray tell, just what un-PC thing should they be saying that some of them haven't said already?

Perhaps you don't understand.

It's not about coming up with words to "offend", whatever that word means. As I said in the last sentence, the GOP would have to have the guts to point out the dishonest tactics of Political Correctness, specifically the way it allows the Democrats to (1) avoid an honest conversation about race and other issues, (2) divert away from the topic at hand merely to put others on the defensive, and (3) perpetrate the above for political advantage.

So, that would mean going on the offensive and instigating the conversation. Proactively bringing up PC and Identity Politics and showing how they are dishonest political tools that have so effectively divided us and literally isolated one group of people from the rest of society merely based on the color of their skin.

And again, they are too intimidated. Which is one of the primary goals of PC in the first place. And when the Dems issue their standard denials, as I suspect you will to all of the above, they need to have the balls to fight back. They do not.

Forum List

Back