Will Obama make Mitch McConnell a "One term Senate Majority Leader"?

That isn't a choice amongst manufacturers. That is a choice amongst products that could all come from the same manufacturer.

Yes, I agree, I opted for titanium myself because I don't want to have to go through that surgery again for another 30 years if I can avoid it.

Yeah ... Implants can be a bitch! :oops-28:

Why would you think the 1% care about which corporate whore serves them?
"WASHINGTON -- Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Wednesday that he and President Barack Obama are already discussing plans to cut corporate tax rates and pass free trade agreements, following the GOP's major gains in Tuesday's elections..."
TPP???
"'Trade pacts,' McConnell said at a press conference Wednesday. 'The president and I were just talking about that, right before I came over here. Most of his party is unenthusiastic about international trade. We think it's good for America, and so I've got a lot of members who believe that international trade agreements are a winner for America.'"
Big winners for 1% of America...
McConnell And Obama Are Already Planning To Undercut Liberal Democrats In Congress

Hang on to your hats, kids. If corporate tax rates are cut, be assured you will pay higher taxes somewhere to make up for it.
Tax rates are convoluted to such an extent the US effective corporate tax rate varies between ~13% - 27%, depending on your source:
"The most recent estimate comes from the World Bank and International Finance Commision, which put the United States’ effective rate for 2014 at 27.9 percent. That’s second-highest behind New Zealand among OECD countries and 15th-highest among the 189 countries measured.

"In 2011, the Tax Foundation published a survey of 13 prior estimates of the United States’ effective tax rate from 2005 to 2011.

"All 13 studies pegged the U.S.’s rate as above average, but none had the U.S. rate first overall.

Another 2011 study by the Congressional Research Service put the U.S. effective rate at 27.1 percent, slightly lower than the OECD average of 27.7 percent."

Mitch and Barry are probably looking for ways to sell a 0% corporate tax rate as a "job creator", and many cons and bots will goose-step accordingly.

Does the U.S. have the highest corporate tax rate in the free world PunditFact

If Obama wanted 0% corporate tax, he certainly had a willing partner in the Republicans. That is so obvious, I'm surprised you bothered telling such a ridiculous lie.
Why would you think the 1% care about which corporate whore serves them?
"WASHINGTON -- Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Wednesday that he and President Barack Obama are already discussing plans to cut corporate tax rates and pass free trade agreements, following the GOP's major gains in Tuesday's elections..."
TPP???
"'Trade pacts,' McConnell said at a press conference Wednesday. 'The president and I were just talking about that, right before I came over here. Most of his party is unenthusiastic about international trade. We think it's good for America, and so I've got a lot of members who believe that international trade agreements are a winner for America.'"
Big winners for 1% of America...
McConnell And Obama Are Already Planning To Undercut Liberal Democrats In Congress

Hang on to your hats, kids. If corporate tax rates are cut, be assured you will pay higher taxes somewhere to make up for it.
Tax rates are convoluted to such an extent the US effective corporate tax rate varies between ~13% - 27%, depending on your source:
"The most recent estimate comes from the World Bank and International Finance Commision, which put the United States’ effective rate for 2014 at 27.9 percent. That’s second-highest behind New Zealand among OECD countries and 15th-highest among the 189 countries measured.

"In 2011, the Tax Foundation published a survey of 13 prior estimates of the United States’ effective tax rate from 2005 to 2011.

"All 13 studies pegged the U.S.’s rate as above average, but none had the U.S. rate first overall.

Another 2011 study by the Congressional Research Service put the U.S. effective rate at 27.1 percent, slightly lower than the OECD average of 27.7 percent."

Mitch and Barry are probably looking for ways to sell a 0% corporate tax rate as a "job creator", and many cons and bots will goose-step accordingly.

Does the U.S. have the highest corporate tax rate in the free world PunditFact

If Obama wanted 0% corporate tax, he certainly had a willing partner in the Republicans. That is so obvious, I'm surprised you bothered telling such a ridiculous lie.
If Obama wanted to privatize Social Security, Mitch would likely go along. Some of us have stopped drinking the kool-aid peddled by Republicans AND Democrats alike.

How far did Bush get with that one?
Bush II, you mean?
About as far as Clinton I, as I recall.
Both parties depend on the same 1% of voters to fund their election campaigns and retirements.

McConnell saw no need to do anything that would encourage anyone to vote for an Obama second term. Now McConnell has finally gotten his wish to be Senate majority leader

Will Obama return the favor?

McConnell and the Nazi Tea Party anarchists will do all they can to help big business by cutting taxes, regulations, and social programs - and Obamacare. It won't be pretty for normal Americans to watch. Thankfully, President Obama has his veto pen.

McConnell saw no need to do anything that would encourage anyone to vote for an Obama second term. Now McConnell has finally gotten his wish to be Senate majority leader

McConnell and the Nazi Tea Party anarchists will do all they can to help big business by cutting taxes, regulations, and social programs - and Obamacare. It won't be pretty for normal Americans to watch. Thankfully, President Obama has his veto pen.

Funny, because Obamadon'tcare was a massive boon for the insurance companies.

If Obama wanted to privatize Social Security

:lmao:

That never worked for Bush jr so why would Obama even go there?
You claim:
"That never worked for Bush jr so why would Obama even go there?"

Democrats AND Progressives opposed Bush on the privatization of Social Security; however, as we've seen over the past six years, many Democrats are willing to support Obama policies that are even worse than Bush's. (Like immigration "reform" and war in Iraq, Syria, and Libya)

You claim:

Democrats AND Progressives opposed Bush on the privatization of Social Security;
:link:
however, as we've seen over the past six years, many Democrats are willing to support Obama policies that are even worse than Bush's. (Like immigration "reform" and war in Iraq, Syria, and Libya)

:rofl:

The illegal invasion of Iraq that cost trillions of taxpayer dollars was something that Obama started even though he wasn't even elected as a Senator when it was started by Bush jr?

Antares has his own agency; talk to him and he will clue you in.

No. Obama is through. Wad spent. He even looks defeated. McConnell and the GOP controlled Congress will send popular proposal after popular proposal to Obama's desk and force the Ideologue-in Chief to veto them.
I agree, and Obama will make it impossible for a viable democrat presidential nominee in 2016.
Only if McChinless does away with the filibuster will these so called popular bills ever get to Obama to veto. It'll be 2 more years of gridlock and then the national elections, which have a much higher turnout and more Republican seats are in contention than Democratic seats.
If the republicans do their job, they will make Obama sign the bills or show Obama is the problem.

You claim:

Democrats AND Progressives opposed Bush on the privatization of Social Security;
however, as we've seen over the past six years, many Democrats are willing to support Obama policies that are even worse than Bush's. (Like immigration "reform" and war in Iraq, Syria, and Libya)

The illegal invasion of Iraq that cost trillions of taxpayer dollars was something that Obama started even though he wasn't even elected as a Senator when it was started by Bush jr?

Obama ended that war successfully, remember? Now that all those soldiers died in vain. Thanks Obama.

No. Obama is through. Wad spent. He even looks defeated. McConnell and the GOP controlled Congress will send popular proposal after popular proposal to Obama's desk and force the Ideologue-in Chief to veto them.
I agree, and Obama will make it impossible for a viable democrat presidential nominee in 2016.
Only if McChinless does away with the filibuster will these so called popular bills ever get to Obama to veto. It'll be 2 more years of gridlock and then the national elections, which have a much higher turnout and more Republican seats are in contention than Democratic seats.
If the republicans do their job, they will make Obama sign the bills or show Obama is the problem.

That's hilarious - especially considering that Nazi Tea Party anarchists have been saying for SIX years that Obama IS the problem.

I think it depends more on who the gop nominee is in 16. And if its quasi-Randian Paul, whether he can avoid being seen as a clown.

That's hilarious - especially considering that Nazi Tea Party anarchists have been saying for SIX years that Obama IS the problem.
Whats hilarious, republicans put their bills on his desk. He can sign them or not. If he don't it will prove he is the problem. If he does we will get out of the situation we are in.

I don't think the Democrats will ever win another election......

How do you guys like them apples.
I just figure I could return the favor since that's what came out the Libs mouths here
for a few years now regarding the Republicans.

The difference is that Democrats have valid verifiable reasons to believe what they say. You only say it trying to "get back" at them. Just because a teabagger says something doesn't mean it is true or that sane people will believe them. Just ask Bachman about that.

You claim:

Obama ended that war successfully, remember? Now that all those soldiers died in vain. Thanks Obama.

You need professional help!

The same exit poll that showed fifty-nine per cent of respondents were dissatisfied or angry with the Obama Administration found that sixty-one per cent of respondents were angry or disappointed with Republican leaders in Congress. It found that fifty-three per cent of Americans have an unfavorable opinion of the Democratic Party and that fifty-six per cent have an unfavorable opinion of the Republican Party. Not exactly a “wave” election.

Those exit polls only represent about 1/3rd of all voters given the low turnouts.

So now you admit that this election isn't a true representation of what the country as a whole believes. I knew you would come around.

The same exit poll that showed fifty-nine per cent of respondents were dissatisfied or angry with the Obama Administration found that sixty-one per cent of respondents were angry or disappointed with Republican leaders in Congress. It found that fifty-three per cent of Americans have an unfavorable opinion of the Democratic Party and that fifty-six per cent have an unfavorable opinion of the Republican Party. Not exactly a “wave” election.

Those exit polls only represent about 1/3rd of all voters given the low turnouts.

So now you admit that this election isn't a true representation of what the country as a whole believes. I knew you would come around.

I think you are replying to the wrong poster.

Sure, it helped the insurance companies, but it helped the average American citizen as well. Totally different from the Bush prescription fiasco that helped big pharmacy companies, but did little or nothing to help the people.

I think you are replying to the wrong poster.

You try to minimize the validity of the exit polls on the basis of a low turnout, but not hold the validity of the election to the same standard? Typical teabagger logic.

Obama has been de-clawed. He can no longer hide behind Harry Reid. He will be forced to defend his "veto" decisions, and the Democrats will be forced to vote.

Should be an interesting 26 months.....
And when the Republicans start to do something, it will be so obvious that they have done nothing for 6 years to screw with Obama, and fuck America. Good luck in 2016.

Forum List

Back