Will parents tolerate keeping schools closed till January or using E-education for the whole year?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Here in Chicago, the geniuses at some of the local school districts are coming up with two possible courses of action for the new school year......

1) Delay the school year start until January.

2) Cancel in school education and have one year of e-education

That is what they have come up with...as opposed to sending the kids back to school and having the most vulnerable teachers stay home.

Does anyone think that parents will be able to have their kids at home for that long? Sure, the democrats want to keep people out of work, in poverty and desparate for as long as possible, but if both parents are at work, who is staying home with their kids to do the e-learning?

If you have kids in school, you better grab that bull by the horns and get on the phone to your school district and school board....and nip this crap in the bud.........

That's going to be very hard. It's already a big struggle to homeschool and work from home.

But if the most vulnerable teachers stay at home - are you going to pay their salaries?

That's going to be very hard. It's already a big struggle to homeschool and work from home.

But if the most vulnerable teachers stay at home - are you going to pay their salaries?

They are paid anyway, and get sick days........they can put subs in and have the subs coordinate with the older teachers.......

Compared to keeping all the kids home and that nightmare, paying the 60 year old teachers to stay home would be a lot cheaper.....

I can't imagine the Teachers Unions are going to sign on to this considering how many of their dues paying members will no longer be necessary for a whole year and all those dues they won't be paying....

They are paid anyway, and get sick days........they can put subs in and have the subs coordinate with the older teachers.......

Compared to keeping all the kids home and that nightmare, paying the 60 year old teachers to stay home would be a lot cheaper.....

I can't imagine the Teachers Unions are going to sign on to this considering how many of their dues paying members will no longer be necessary for a whole year and all those dues they won't be paying....

I don't know. It's a really difficult problem, especially with parents going back to work.

I don't know. It's a really difficult problem, especially with parents going back to work.

Yep.......it was one thing when maybe one parent or both were home because they were laid off from work.....but when Trump gets the economy going, and both parents are trying to work, who will be home with the kids? Instead of being in school, every family now has to work out home care for these kids.......

Here in Chicago, the geniuses at some of the local school districts are coming up with two possible courses of action for the new school year......

That is what they have come up with...as opposed to sending the kids back to school and having the most vulnerable teachers stay home.

Does anyone think that parents will be able to have their kids at home for that long? Sure, the democrats want to keep people out of work, in poverty and desparate for as long as possible, but if both parents are at work, who is staying home with their kids to do the e-learning?

If you have kids in school, you better grab that bull by the horns and get on the phone to your school district and school board....and nip this crap in the bud.........

These parents are having a hard time of it. My sister has a couple of kids in government school in Pennsylvania, and the school put them on E Learning and internet lessons. Now she is working from home due to the Corona Panic, but there is really only a limited amount of help she can provide these kids. She can help them in math lessons and that, as she is an engineer. But all this literature and German and bullshit crap, she doesn't know that.

And in reality, a lot parents are less equipped at she is at teaching the children school subjects.

Yep.......it was one thing when maybe one parent or both were home because they were laid off from work.....but when Trump gets the economy going, and both parents are trying to work, who will be home with the kids? Instead of being in school, every family now has to work out home care for these kids.......

I have no idea how it's going to look this summer or this fall....and I work for a university, where we are facing the same dilemmas - how bring kids back, how to maintain social distance, how much to do online, a lot of faculty with school age kids. No easy answers.

That's the main problem.

These parents are having a hard time of it. My sister has a couple of kids in government school in Pennsylvania, and the school put them on E Learning and internet lessons. Now she is working from home due to the Corona Panic, but there is really only a limited amount of help she can provide these kids. She can help them in math lessons and that, as she is an engineer. But all this literature and German and bullshit crap, she doesn't know that.

And in reality, a lot parents are less equipped at she is at teaching the children school subjects.

A lot would have to do with how old your kids are.
They have premade curriculums as a guide but that would put you behind the school desk before you could teach your kids.
Once you get into more advanced stuff you're going to be hard pressed to give the kids a proper education.

They have premade curriculums as a guide but that would put you behind the school desk before you could teach your kids.
Once you get into more advanced stuff you're going to be hard pressed to give the kids a proper education.
I know people who seriously homeschool, it is a career in and of itself. Not every parent is cut for i.

I know people who seriously homeschool, it is a career in and of itself. Not every parent is cut for i.

Yep...
As a homeschool teacher you have to know all the subjects.

Yep...
As a homeschool teacher you have to know all the subjects.
You probably haven't heard of them, but people have gathered to form homeschooling co-ops.

Ain't voluntary free association great?

Forum List

Back