Will Republicans end social security?

Will Republicans end social security?

• Yes, at least try

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • No

Votes: 84 71.8%

• Total voters
in sweden they had a plan like ours that, like ours was eating them alive. They moved to a more privatized system…which Bush and ryan pushed
Only a small portion of Sweden's plan is privatized. Payroll taxes are 18.5% for their social security plan, with only 2.5% going toward private investment.

While nothing would tickle me more to see MAGA tards putting their private social security money into Trump University or gold-plated commemorative coins sold by Alex Jones, I think we all know that when they ended up broke by the time they retire, they'd be smashing in the windows of the Capitol demanding to be bailed out.

Only a small portion of Sweden's plan is privatized. Payroll taxes are 18.5% for their social security plan, with only 2.5% going toward private investment.

While nothing would tickle me more to see MAGA tards putting their private social security money into Trump University or gold-plated commemorative coins sold by Alex Jones, I think we all know that when they ended up broke by the time they retire, they'd be smashing in the windows of the Capitol demanding to be bailed out.
what does trump have to do with anything? with that said yes. most trump supporters have a private savings account too

but glad you admitted yes the gop has proposed a swedish model, the dems have done nothing…your deflection to trump highlights that

what does trump have to do with anything? with that said yes. most trump supporters have a private savings account too

but glad you admitted yes the gop has proposed a swedish model, the dems have done nothing…your deflection to trump highlights that
Actually, the Democrats have proposed raising payroll taxes.

Now don't you feel silly for lying?

Actually, the Democrats have proposed raising payroll taxes.

Now don't you feel silly for lying?
haha they proposed raising taxes!? wow…i am talking about fixing the problem not simply raising the tax or age for benefits…all that does is kick the can down the road

the gop has proposed plans to fix the broke system

haha they proposed raising taxes!? wow…i am talking about fixing the problem not simply raising the tax or age for benefits…all that does is kick the can down the road

the gop has proposed plans to fix the broke system
Privatizing social security has been dead in the water ever since Dubya floated the idea.

For a much better idea, see this: A Republican Plan I Fully Support

yes the dems have blocked any plans to save the program and follow the successful swedish model

why? so they can play politics with it
You like what they're doing over there? So do I. Nordic model - Wikipedia

This includes a comprehensive welfare state and multi-level collective bargaining based on the economic foundations of social corporatism, and a commitment to private ownership within a market-based mixed economy— with Norway being a partial exception due to a large number of state-owned enterprises and state ownership in publicly listed firms.[6]

Although there are significant differences among the Nordic countries,[7] they all have some common traits. The three Scandinavian countries are constitutional monarchies, while Finland and Iceland have been republics since the 20th century. All the Nordic countries are however described as being highly democratic and all have a unicameral form of governance and use proportional representation in their electoral systems. They all support a universalist welfare state aimed specifically at enhancing individual autonomy and promoting social mobility, with a sizable percentage of the population employed by the public sector (roughly 30% of the work force in areas such as healthcare, education, and government),[8] and a corporatist system with a high percentage of the workforce unionized and involving a tripartite arrangement, where representatives of labour and employers negotiate wages and labour market policy is mediated by the government.[9] As of 2020, all of the Nordic countries rank highly on the inequality-adjusted HDI and the Global Peace Index as well as being ranked in the top 10 on the World Happiness Report.[10]

Although it was developed in the 1930s under the leadership of social democrats,[11] the Nordic model began to gain attention after World War II.[12] It has transformed in some ways over the last few decades, including increased deregulation and expanding privatization of public services,[13][11] but is still distinguished from other models by the strong emphasis on public services and social investment.

Planned Parenthood is simply placing their clinics where demand is greatest.

Blacks get abortions at a rate five times that of whites.

The main driver is poverty, not PP.
In 2018, 16% of Planned Parenthood patients were Black — over 395,000 people.
In 2018, 282,000 Black female patients chose to access contraception at a Planned Parenthood health center.
13% of Black patients identify as male — more than 51,000 people.

Planned Parenthood’s founder, Margaret Sanger, must join that list. In promoting birth control, she advanced a controversial "Negro Project," wrote in her autobiography about speaking to a Ku Klux Klan group and advocated for a eugenics approach to breeding for “the gradual suppression, elimination and eventual extinction, of defective stocks — those human weeds
which threaten the blooming of the finest flowers of American civilization.”

Sanger further urged Dr. Gamble to enlist the help of spiritual leaders to justify their deadly work, writing, “We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.”
Now you should read how PP manages this ugly point in their history...

But my point is that if a woman is sole responsible for their body, are they not responsible for getting pregnant?
Why then if that's the case there are these statistics:
FACT: Just 1% of women obtain an abortion because they became pregnant through rape, and less than 0.5% do so because of incest, according to the Guttmacher Institute
Now as far as a woman's health:4%

Now my point is this...If a woman is responsible for their own body as contended by almost ALL abortionists...
94% of abortions are because they woman WAS NOT RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH for her own body!
If she couldn't find a rubber, or take birth control pills, WHY in the name of the 62,507,884 lives lost since 1973 DUE to these women' irresponsibility! If 94% weren't responsible enough to avoid pregnancy they should have been sterilized after the first.
BUT guess what...About half of all U.S. women having an abortion have had one previously.
WHY are they so STUPID! They've already killed one baby and they didn't seem to be bothered so they had a few moments of sexual pleasure at the expenses of a human life! Disgusting!

reasonsforabortion.png

yes the dems have blocked any plans to save the program and follow the successful swedish model
And what plans, exactly, have the Republicans put on the table? Show me the bill and how it was blocked by the Democrats.

All the GOP ever does is TALK. They DO nothing.

"We're going to repeal and replace Obamacare." :auiqs.jpg:

That was the biggest hoax ever pulled on the rubes, and they STILL haven't caught on!

You see, this is another example of how blind you hacks are to the tricks the GOP plays on you.

They do NOTHING, and then convince you it is somehow the Democrats' fault.

They had FULL control of the House, the Senate, and the White House TWICE in the past 20 years and did NOTHING to reform health care, Social Security, or Medicare.

Oh, wait...

They did enact a new Medicare health care program, without paying for it, which has added more to the federal debt than Obamacare. And yet you nor any MAGA tards ever utter so much as a single howl in protest about that.

You know why? Because you are deliberately kept in the dark and gaslighted.

Last edited:
The simple and obvious solution to Social Security and Medicare is to raise the retirement age to 70 and index the retirement age to 9 percent of the population going forward.

But oh hell no! Nobody wants to actually put their own skin in the game! They want someone else to do the lifting.

We are living much longer than our ancestors. We should be working longer.

God forbid we do anything that involves common sense!

why? so they can play politics with it
We don't need a massive change to SS.
1. Raise the retirement ages (62 to 64 and 55 to 67) over time
2. Remove the cap.

Problem solved

You like what they're doing over there? So do I. Nordic model - Wikipedia

This includes a comprehensive welfare state and multi-level collective bargaining based on the economic foundations of social corporatism, and a commitment to private ownership within a market-based mixed economy— with Norway being a partial exception due to a large number of state-owned enterprises and state ownership in publicly listed firms.[6]

Although there are significant differences among the Nordic countries,[7] they all have some common traits. The three Scandinavian countries are constitutional monarchies, while Finland and Iceland have been republics since the 20th century. All the Nordic countries are however described as being highly democratic and all have a unicameral form of governance and use proportional representation in their electoral systems. They all support a universalist welfare state aimed specifically at enhancing individual autonomy and promoting social mobility, with a sizable percentage of the population employed by the public sector (roughly 30% of the work force in areas such as healthcare, education, and government),[8] and a corporatist system with a high percentage of the workforce unionized and involving a tripartite arrangement, where representatives of labour and employers negotiate wages and labour market policy is mediated by the government.[9] As of 2020, all of the Nordic countries rank highly on the inequality-adjusted HDI and the Global Peace Index as well as being ranked in the top 10 on the World Happiness Report.[10]

Although it was developed in the 1930s under the leadership of social democrats,[11] the Nordic model began to gain attention after World War II.[12] It has transformed in some ways over the last few decades, including increased deregulation and expanding privatization of public services,[13][11] but is still distinguished from other models by the strong emphasis on public services and social investment.
Yes....well other then the monarchy...my favorite part is they really learned alot about being too far left...

It has transformed in some ways over the last few decades, including increased deregulation and expanding privatization of public services,[13]

I wish the demafascist would learn from their mistakes and follow suit

The simple and obvious solution to Social Security and Medicare is to raise the retirement age to 70 and index the retirement age to 9 percent of the population going forward.
But oh hell no! Nobody wants to actually put their own skin in the game! They want someone else to do the lifting.
We are living much longer than our ancestors. We should be working longer.
God forbid we do anything that involves common sense!
70 is too old. I know.
Just raise the ages (62 to 64 and 66to 67), and remove/raise the cap.

Problem solved.

in sweden they had a plan like ours that, like ours was eating them alive. They moved to a more privatized system…which Bush and ryan pushed
I did read that Sweden is starting to privatize shit that used to be socialized. Is that a good thing? Hasn't worked out here in America

Elections RIGGED (see Diebold voting machines) and google who owned that company. A big Bush supporter
Private For Profit Prisons (not working out)
You want to privatize our social security and medicare? Bush tried.

Sounds to me like Sweden is being taken over by corporations just like here in America

Forum List

Back