Will Republicans end social security?

Will Republicans end social security?

• Yes, at least try

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • No

Votes: 84 71.8%

• Total voters

Full retirement age is the age when you can start receiving your full retirement benefit amount. The full retirement age is 66 if you were born from 1943 to 1954. The full retirement age increases gradually if you were born from 1955 to 1960, until it reaches 67. For anyone born 1960 or later, full retirement benefits are payable at age 67.

I don't agree at all. Mike Lee is one of the most conservative people in the Senate. Are you looking for another Mitt?

Silly Bonobo is lying - as he always lies.

Phasing out SS in favor of protected retirement accounts simply means that new entrants will be phased to a private equity system rather than having their retirement stolen by congress - which is what happened with SS.
/———/ Thanks. None of the articles I read about Lee’s comments stated that. I was also be sarcastic about not voting for mom. I live in New York.

We don't need a massive change to SS.
1. Raise the retirement ages (62 to 64 and 55 to 67) over time

We've already done that.

1667501902905.png

2. Remove the cap.

Problem solved

Maybe raise the cap.

Yes....well other then the monarchy...my favorite part is they really learned alot about being too far left...

It has transformed in some ways over the last few decades, including increased deregulation and expanding privatization of public services,[13]

I wish the demafascist would learn from their mistakes and follow suit

Those cuts to social programs, social safety nets and privatizing public services is hurting the American middle class. Corporations and Rich people are the ones saving on those cuts. We made those cuts to social programs and safety nets to offset the tax breaks we gave rich people and corporations.

In essence, those cuts didn't help you or me. Only helped rich people. They hurt us.

I'll give you an example. Maybe you will never need unemployment insurance. But maybe one day you will. During the Bush Great Recession, my Republican governor cut unemployment down from 6 months to 5. That saves "taxpayers" a lot. And when I say tax payers I mean rich people and corporations. They say it can take up to a year to find a job when you are unemployed. That means us "tax payers" are going to save a lot with this month. But trust me, you won't see a nickle of it stupid.

Congress raised the retirement age to 67 in 1983. They were cowards though, because that age didn't take effect until right about now.

They knew they would all be dead by now and would not have to face the wrath of the voters.

Or at least most of them are dead. Some are fumbling around the Oval Office and think it is still 1983. :lol:

What is really stupid, though, is that our life expectancy since 1983 has increased by more than the two years they added to the retirement age.

It needs to be 70.

And what plans, exactly, have the Republicans put on the table? Show me the bill and how it was blocked by the Democrats.

All the GOP ever does is TALK. They DO nothing.

"We're going to repeal and replace Obamacare." :auiqs.jpg:

That was the biggest hoax ever pulled on the rubes, and they STILL haven't caught on!

You see, this is another example of how blind you hacks are to the tricks the GOP plays on you.

They do NOTHING, and then convince you it is somehow the Democrats' fault.

They had FULL control of the House, the Senate, and the White House TWICE in the past 20 years and did NOTHING to reform health care, Social Security, or Medicare.

Oh, wait...

They did enact a new Medicare health care program, without paying for it, which has added more to the federal debt than Obamacare. And yet you nor any MAGA tards ever utter so much as a single howl in protest about that.

You know why? Because you are deliberately kept in the dark and gaslighted.
Well Obamacare is the Dems fault, and the GOP did a lot to fix the problem, as much as they could in that Congress.

As far as SS....you don't recall Ryan's “Roadmap for America’s Future,” https://www.congress.gov/bill/111th-congress/house-bill/4529

Medicare has been one of the largest drivers of debt since it's come into place.

Those cuts to social programs, social safety nets and privatizing public services is hurting the American middle class. Corporations and Rich people are the ones saving on those cuts. We made those cuts to social programs and safety nets to offset the tax breaks we gave rich people and corporations.

In essence, those cuts didn't help you or me. Only helped rich people. They hurt us.

I'll give you an example. Maybe you will never need unemployment insurance. But maybe one day you will. During the Bush Great Recession, my Republican governor cut unemployment down from 6 months to 5. That saves "taxpayers" a lot. And when I say tax payers I mean rich people and corporations. They say it can take up to a year to find a job when you are unemployed. That means us "tax payers" are going to save a lot with this month. But trust me, you won't see a nickle of it stupid.
oh so you don't like the model you just quoted? I thought you did? I literally quoted you, saying you did...hard to keep up with you.

Those cuts to social programs, social safety nets and privatizing public services is hurting the American middle class.

What "cuts?"

You Nazis and your lies don't convince anyone.

Corporations and Rich people are the ones saving on those cuts. We made those cuts to social programs and safety nets to offset the tax breaks we gave rich people and corporations.

There are no cuts, Nazi.

There are no cuts, you're just a lying Nazi.

Bullshit.

I did read that Sweden is starting to privatize shit that used to be socialized. Is that a good thing? Hasn't worked out here in America

Elections RIGGED (see Diebold voting machines) and google who owned that company. A big Bush supporter
Private For Profit Prisons (not working out)
You want to privatize our social security and medicare? Bush tried.

Sounds to me like Sweden is being taken over by corporations just like here in America
Yes it's a good thing...we haven't done what they did....I thought you said you liked their model?

We've already done that.

View attachment 720410

Maybe raise the cap.
Yes I remember in the 80's when Reagan fucked me and raised my full retirement up 2 years.

Republicans always cry and cry about having to pay higher taxes. But they don't seem to mind having to get up and go to work 9 hours a day plus 1 hour travel in the car. Let's just call it 10 hours a day. 50 hours a week. 50 weeks. 2500 hours of work x 2 years. 5000 hours extra work when you are 65 and 66. Rather than enjoy the few good years you have left, sorry, you have to keep working. Even though your body and mind are burned out. Sorry, this is to "save" the program.

Most people in the 80's who liked Reagan didn't realize how badly he was fucking them.

I'm retiring in 10 years. At 62. Fuck it I'll take the minimum. Maybe I'll continue to work but I'm going to tell my boss I only work from home and don't worry about if I'm working 8 hours a day because I"M NOT!

Well Obamacare is the Dems fault, and the GOP did a lot to fix the problem, as much as they could in that Congress.

As far as SS....you don't recall Ryan's “Roadmap for America’s Future,” https://www.congress.gov/bill/111th-congress/house-bill/4529

Medicare has been one of the largest drivers of debt since it's come into place.
Obamacare is the Republicans fault. Health care costs have been skyrocketing for decades, and Republicans did fuck-all about it. It was just a matter of time before the Democrats carried out their promise to actually do something about it.

As for "fixing" Obamacare, BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

That's a looooooooong way from "repeal and replace", sucker.

By lying about repealing and replacing Obamacare, Trump and the GOP made Obamacare immortal. Or at least until Universal Health Care is the law of the land. Thanks to Trump and the Republicans, UHC is inevitable now.

There never was a replacement. It is simply astounding to me the rubes have STILL not caught on to that fact.

They hoaxed you. Face it.

Yes it's a good thing...we haven't done what they did....I thought you said you liked their model?
I like their free universal healthcare and all the other social programs they offer their citizens.

I like America too. But I didn't like what was happening when Reagan/Bush/Trump were in office.

I thought you said you love America? So why you complaining about Biden? HE is your leader you know.

The retirement age is already 67.
It needs to be 70.
Early retirement now is age 62, but you need to be 65 to get Medicare, so essentially the retirement age is currently 65.
Otherwise you need to pay out-of-pocket for healthcare from 62-65, very expensive.
If you have an easy office job, working a year or two more isn't tough.
But if you do manual labor, NFW they work past 62, so many don't pay for healthcare and hang on until they get Medicare.

Your 67 is "full SS benefits". Most of us opt out for a reduced SS benefit at 62.

Which section has the privatization of Social Security in it?

Since Obama would obviously have vetoed this bill, why was this bill not re-introduced after the GOP had full control of Congress and the White House?

Hmmmm...hoax alert!
So how come I never hear you or any MAGAtites whining about the massive expansion of Medicare by the Republicans?

Still waiting on that correction to Mike Lee

Obamacare is the Republicans fault. Health care costs have been skyrocketing for decades, and Republicans did fuck-all about it. It was just a matter of time before the Democrats carried out their promise to actually do something about it.

As for "fixing" Obamacare, BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

That's a looooooooong way from "repeal and replace", sucker.

By lying about repealing and replacing Obamacare, Trump and the GOP made Obamacare immortal. Or at least until Universal Health Care is the law of the land. Thanks to Trump and the Republicans, UHC is inevitable now.

There never was a replacement. It is simply astounding to me the rubes have STILL not caught on to that fact.

They hoaxed you. Face it.
No republican voted for Obamacare, stop lying.

Forum List

Back