Will Speaker Pelosi withhold articles of impeachment from Senate until guaranteed a fair trial?

Trumps approval has jumped and indies are turning on the left.

You bet there is supporting evidence.

The GOP only needs to continue to cast this entire process in a partisan light. Which isn't hard. And America is going to reward the left accordingly.

You're bragging about Trump's approval?

upload_2019-12-18_16-53-30-png.295480

You mean the one where people still disapprove of him more than they approve of him? That one?

Yeah. The same one that made him your president the first time.

Well, no, actually. This one is a president job approval graph. It started after he became president. So no, it wouldn't be the same one.

yeah same one. He’ll be your president in 2024 with those same numbers.

Repeating the same wrong statement doesn't make it any more true.

So, for the sake of clarity, you are saying that Donald Trump will not win a second term?

Think of it this way.

The left has been claiming that this about duty. Which we all know is bullshit.

Now, bet on the idea the senate will somehow impeach him. Oh wait....it takes 51%....uh sorry 2/3's to convict. If the dems get the senate, they run the kangaroo court and they still won't get a conviction.

A better way to think of it is.....this drags out.

We shove the lefts "motives" down their throats during the election. They are not only not going to get the senate...they are going to lose the house and the vindictive bastard we re-elect is going to wipe them out at every turn.

Now...the last thing to consider is that if the senate were to convict after re-election....we would be done as a country. I don't relish the bloodbath that follows.

Republicans were complaining that the impeachment process was rushed. I honestly don't see how it would be good for them if the process is stretched out longer, leading closer to the election.

You have some lofty expectations for the next election that really don't have any supporting evidence.

Trumps approval has jumped and indies are turning on the left.

You bet there is supporting evidence.

The GOP only needs to continue to cast this entire process in a partisan light. Which isn't hard. And America is going to reward the left accordingly.

You mean the one where people still disapprove of him more than they approve of him? That one?

Well, no, actually. This one is a president job approval graph. It started after he became president. So no, it wouldn't be the same one.

It is the exact same media claim that everyone hates Trump as much as the elites do.

Some House Democrats push Pelosi to withhold impeachment articles, delaying Senate trial

When will Speaker Pelosi send Articles of Impeachment to the Senate for trial? Apparently that is her choice if/when she sends them over for trial. It sounds like she is strategically waiting for feedback from McConnell about the rules/procedures - and FAIRNESS. If she thinks it's just going to be a sham trial - she may not send them over. The Articles of Impeachment DO NOT EXPIRE - not next year; not next Congress; not ever.

What do you think?
Sure they do. If they aren't filed by the the time the current Congress ends, a new Congress would have to pass them in order to transmit them to the Senate.

I wouldn't sweat it, we'll see what they do with them once they return from holiday.

NANCY PELOSY SOOPER GENIUS REMINDS ME OF OUR CAT WHEN HE GOT HIS HEAD IN A PAPER BAG AND COULDN’T FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET IT OUT: McConnell gives Pelosi some advice on the word “leverage”.

Why would the Republicans care if Democrats never send the articles to the Senate?”

Now Mitch McConnell weighs in:

McConnell said Schumer wanted “a special pretrial guarantee” that “House Democrats themselves did not bother to pursue as they assembled their case.”​

McConnell also criticized House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., for taking the “highly unusual step” of waiting to transmit the approved House articles of impeachment against Trump to the Senate.​

McConnell said he didn’t understand the move by Pelosi and said, while cracking a smile, that he didn’t agree with the idea that delaying the transmission might give her leverage in dictating the rules of the Senate trial.​

“I admit, I’m not sure what leverage there is from refraining from sending us something we do not want,” McConnell said. “But alas, if they can figure that out, they can explain it.”​

Impeachment has jumped the shark.

giphy.gif

WRONG!!!!! The impeachment of Trump will never expire - regardless whether it is ever sent to the Senate. It will not expire in a year, next Congress, 10 years - or ever. Trump is impeached forever - even if the Articles of Impeachment are never sent to the Senate.

Gives new meaning to TRUMP's phrase of the "do nothing democrats"...

The democrats impeachment is based on the claim of TRUMP abusing power and obstructing congress...

So Pelosi thinks it's going to help win support by continuing to abusing her power and obstructing the senate.

Funny. She is not obstructing the Senate.

Funny - she most certainly is obstructing the Senate by WITHHOLDING articles of impeachment!

She's not obstructing the Senate anymore than McConnell is obstructing the House by not holding votes on the 400 House bills on McConnell's desk - 175 of which are bipartisan bills.

CORRECTION: McConnell is actually blocking 275 House bills - not just 175.

bills-stuck-senate.jpg

The pile of more than 275 bipartisan bills that stymie on Senator Mitch McConnell's desk is photographed on December 18, 2019 in the U.S. Capitol. SENATOR SHELDON WHITEHOUSE TWITTER
Each one is a perfect bill and should be passed immediately

LOL, democrats are working hard to get McConnell re-elected by showing republicans what he is actually doing and why it's important for republicans to not only keep control of the senate but also win back the house.

Part of McConnell's job and why he was elected is to block the crap bills filled with excess spending, waste and hand outs sent over from the house. What McConnell is doing is nothing new, but thanks for reminding republicans the importance of keeping control of the senate.

Some House Democrats push Pelosi to withhold impeachment articles, delaying Senate trial

When will Speaker Pelosi send Articles of Impeachment to the Senate for trial? Apparently that is her choice if/when she sends them over for trial. It sounds like she is strategically waiting for feedback from McConnell about the rules/procedures - and FAIRNESS. If she thinks it's just going to be a sham trial - she may not send them over. The Articles of Impeachment DO NOT EXPIRE - not next year; not next Congress; not ever.

What do you think?

The impeachment itself, wasn't even fair. They didn't vote at all on the evidence, because there was none. They voted almost entirely on party lines. In fact, the only people who didn't were the 3 democrats who admitted there was nothing to impeach Trump on, and voted against it.

So if Nancy wants to withhold the impeachment articles until Trump wins the next election.... That's fine. He won't be removed. That's all you really need to know.
It was a perfect Impeachment, perfect in every way

If you really thought that, you'd be desperate for Nancy to send over the impeachment. You're defending her delay, so it is obvious you know it is destined for failure.

What do you think?
Sure they do. If they aren't filed by the the time the current Congress ends, a new Congress would have to pass them in order to transmit them to the Senate.

I wouldn't sweat it, we'll see what they do with them once they return from holiday.

NANCY PELOSY SOOPER GENIUS REMINDS ME OF OUR CAT WHEN HE GOT HIS HEAD IN A PAPER BAG AND COULDN’T FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET IT OUT: McConnell gives Pelosi some advice on the word “leverage”.

Why would the Republicans care if Democrats never send the articles to the Senate?”

McConnell said Schumer wanted “a special pretrial guarantee” that “House Democrats themselves did not bother to pursue as they assembled their case.”​

McConnell also criticized House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., for taking the “highly unusual step” of waiting to transmit the approved House articles of impeachment against Trump to the Senate.​

McConnell said he didn’t understand the move by Pelosi and said, while cracking a smile, that he didn’t agree with the idea that delaying the transmission might give her leverage in dictating the rules of the Senate trial.​

“I admit, I’m not sure what leverage there is from refraining from sending us something we do not want,” McConnell said. “But alas, if they can figure that out, they can explain it.”​

giphy.gif

WRONG!!!!! The impeachment of Trump will never expire - regardless whether it is ever sent to the Senate. It will not expire in a year, next Congress, 10 years - or ever. Trump is impeached forever - even if the Articles of Impeachment are never sent to the Senate.
No. It the charges are not filed by the time this Congress ends, they expire. That leaves you a whole year to worry about your own vindictiveness rather than work to diligently serve The American People.

100-most-beautiful-women-ever.jpg

We have so much to be grateful for this holiday season, especially since the House packed up and went home!

I love it!
McConnell will just rush a vote and blow it away

Why not just wait until the election?
If Trump wins and Dems take the Senate....THEN you vote on impeachment

What is the hurry?

LMAO! You REALLY believe that the commie left has a snowball's chance in hell in taking the senate and having a 60 to 40 majority? This is the lamest coup attempt ever and of course you are waving that leftard rainbow colored flag.

(snicker)

Dale

I thought you left USMB in a temper tantrum?

I saw some nice Chem Trails this morning...made me dizzy

You were born "dizzy"...that's why you are a leftard.
The Chem Trails are much worse this time of year.......don’t ya think?

What do you think?

The impeachment itself, wasn't even fair. They didn't vote at all on the evidence, because there was none. They voted almost entirely on party lines. In fact, the only people who didn't were the 3 democrats who admitted there was nothing to impeach Trump on, and voted against it.

So if Nancy wants to withhold the impeachment articles until Trump wins the next election.... That's fine. He won't be removed. That's all you really need to know.
It was a perfect Impeachment, perfect in every way

If you really thought that, you'd be desperate for Nancy to send over the impeachment. You're defending her delay, so it is obvious you know it is destined for failure.

Everything Pelosi did was perfect

What do you think?

giphy.gif

No. It the charges are not filed by the time this Congress ends, they expire. That leaves you a whole year to worry about your own vindictiveness rather than work to diligently serve The American People.

We have so much to be grateful for this holiday season, especially since the House packed up and went home!

No, they don't expire. Not next Congress - not ever. Harvard Law Professor Laurence Tribe and several other legal scholars have confirmed that fact.

What do you think?

giphy.gif

No, they don't expire. Not next Congress - not ever. Harvard Law Professor Laurence Tribe and several other legal scholars have confirmed that fact.
You have until the end of the Congress to act.

ANALYSIS: TRUE.

Screen-Shot-2019-12-20-at-8.28.01-AM.png

What do you think?
No. She will make the attempt,but she will relent, eventually, for time's sake. But remember who the moron is on the other side of the equation. She may get some concessions, as the orange turd, thinking he is invincible, orders the concessions to get the trial started.

Last edited:

So, for the sake of clarity, you are saying that Donald Trump will not win a second term?

No I'm not saying that. I don't know what's going to happen. I assume it will be a close election.

No I'm not saying that. I don't know what's going to happen. I assume it will be a close election.
Trump will likely add 5 states to his previous 30 State sweep, winning 35 States to 15, or, 70% of the States.

THE BEST PART OF WAKING UP: Millions Of Voices Cry Out In Terror As Liberals Wake Up And Realize Trump Is Still President.

article-5313-1.jpg

She's just trying to make lemonade out of lemons.

She had to impeach, so now she has to minimize any damage.

Politicians. At least they're consistent.
It could be that House members had to impeach in order to survive their upcoming primaries, so they faked it, and went through the motions, which is pretty common for them. They are much more about posturing than results.

THESE ARE NO LONGER OUR COUNTRYMEN. AND NOT ONLY ARE THEY UNWILLING TO GIVE US AN AMICABLE DIVORCE, THEY’RE RUNNING THROUGH OUR POLITY WAVING SCISSORS. AND THEY’RE WEARING THEIR UNDERPANTS ON THEIR HEADS. IT’S GOING TO TAKE A LOT OF THORAZINE TO STOP THEM FROM THROWING FURNITURE OUT THE WINDOWS AND CLAIMING THEY’RE THE EMPRESS OF AUSTRIA: NYT: Impeachment rightfully gives losers tyranny over winners.

Frankly, I’d just be relieved if they stopped licking windows.

Trump is IMPEACHED - regardless of whether he is acquitted or convicted by the Senate.

EMMr9pnUYAANVtP.jpg
Only if the charges are consummated by filing them with the US Senate. If not, they die with the end of this congress. So, you have a year!

OF COURSE WE ARE. WITH THEIR MASKS OFF THEY’RE SOMEWHERE BETWEEN PATHETIC AND NAUSEATING: Are Voters Tuning Out the Democrats?

Last night’s Democratic presidential debate had the lowest ratings of any of this year’s debates:

According to Nielsen figures provided to Variety, the Los Angeles debate hosted by PBS NewsHour and Politico and simulcast on CNN drew just over 2 million viewers across PBS stations nationwide, and was seen on CNN by just over 4 million people.​

PBS told Variety that the debate live streams across the participating networks’ digital and social platforms totaled more than 8.4 million viewers.​

Those numbers are even worse than the ones for the fifth debate that was hosted by MSNBC. In contrast, 18.1 million tuned in to the Democrats’ first debate, in June. Six months later, the Democrats have lost most of their television audience.

This doesn’t surprise me. With Marianne Williamson and Tulsi Gabbard gone, why would anyone watch? To see Bernie wave his arms, Elizabeth Warren hector viewers, Joe Biden stumble and fumble? I don’t blame viewers for tuning out.

Trump is IMPEACHED - regardless of whether he is acquitted or convicted by the Senate.

EMMr9pnUYAANVtP.jpg
Only if the charges are consummated by filing them with the US Senate. If not, they die with the end of this congress. So, you have a year!

OF COURSE WE ARE. WITH THEIR MASKS OFF THEY’RE SOMEWHERE BETWEEN PATHETIC AND NAUSEATING: Are Voters Tuning Out the Democrats?

Last night’s Democratic presidential debate had the lowest ratings of any of this year’s debates:

According to Nielsen figures provided to Variety, the Los Angeles debate hosted by PBS NewsHour and Politico and simulcast on CNN drew just over 2 million viewers across PBS stations nationwide, and was seen on CNN by just over 4 million people.​

PBS told Variety that the debate live streams across the participating networks’ digital and social platforms totaled more than 8.4 million viewers.​

Those numbers are even worse than the ones for the fifth debate that was hosted by MSNBC. In contrast, 18.1 million tuned in to the Democrats’ first debate, in June. Six months later, the Democrats have lost most of their television audience.

This doesn’t surprise me. With Marianne Williamson and Tulsi Gabbard gone, why would anyone watch? To see Bernie wave his arms, Elizabeth Warren hector viewers, Joe Biden stumble and fumble? I don’t blame viewers for tuning out.
Wrong. Impeached Trump was impeached last Wednesday. That doesn't simply vanish into thin air just because you wish it. :cuckoo:

It’s a wonderful holiday surprise that she devised this method to invalidate the witch hunt and Remove the opportunity for the “impeachment” smear to stain Trump

Forum List

Back