Will Texas stay in the US?

It seems to me that Texas has lost support, it is traditionally right, but the right politicans is now not on the side of the Mexicans, and the left America is not for Texas. It can use the right to withdraw from the federation, does it have this right? Will this happen?
Does it matter if Texas leaves the US? I certainly don't care what they do.

It seems to me that Texas has lost support, it is traditionally right, but the right politicans is now not on the side of the Mexicans, and the left America is not for Texas. It can use the right to withdraw from the federation, does it have this right? Will this happen?

No, Texas will not leave the USA.

Does it matter if Texas leaves the US? I certainly don't care what they do.
It is of critical importance. This is the split of the Great Plains and Texas, the split of the right america, after that it will be devoured by the British worm

Very likely as the choice isn't solely up to Texas, as they cannot unilaterally withdraw. However, I guess it is possible to negotiate a withdrawal with Congressional approval (which won't happen). But there are many areas that would have to be negotiated such as:
  • Establishing a timeline for withdrawal.
  • Relinquishing US Citizenship as people assume citizenship in the Republic of Texas (ROT).
  • ROT establishing it's own currency.
  • Transfer of mobile Federal property (including military hardware) out or ROT or the sale of such property on the open market if the ROT does not want to buy it.
  • Transfer of fixed federal property to ROT.
  • Data transfer of all federal data and computer system software out of ROT.
  • ROT assumption of their portion of the national debt on a proportional basis to population.
WW

Very likely as the choice isn't solely up to Texas, as they cannot unilaterally withdraw. However, I guess it is possible to negotiate a withdrawal with Congressional approval (which won't happen). But there are many areas that would have to be negotiated such as:
  • Relinquishing US Citizenship as people assume citizenship in the Republic of Texas (ROT).
  • Transfer of mobile Federal property (including military hardware) out or ROT or the sale of such property on the open market if the ROT does not want to buy it.
  • ROT assumption of their portion of the national debt on a proportional basis to population.
WW
They are always threatening to leave the US. They should shut up and do it.

Let's hope so!!!!!
MAGA
Not soon enough!
Secession should have happened 10 years ago.

You are all probably wondering why I gathered you here
Nothing will make me happier, but things would have to get a whole lot worse before a majority can be convinced to support secession.
It would help the campaign if the leaders were to commence the Texas Republic Constitutional Convention.

There is no law forbidding states from seceding. The problem is it is very difficult for a state to manage.

As I pointed out in the previous comment, the TEXIT campaign does not have a replacement for the state constitution. The leader does not think it is important, and leads the peon members to believe that it can wait until after the citizenry votes to secede - which causes tremendous undue pressure on the people to figure out how to do it - there are no rules, except for a ratification vote.

It is very important, and it does not make sense that no one understands how important it is.

Except me.

A truly ignorant and ridiculous thread premise.

And no – Texas cannot ‘secede’ from the Union as it would be un-Constitutional.

WW
No state may leave the Union absent the consent of the other 49 states (Texas v. White (1869)).

And even with such consent, residents of Texas are first and foremost citizens of the United States, whose US citizenship cannot be taken from them against their will, and whose citizenship is not subject to ‘negotiation’; as long as citizens of the United States are residing in Texas, Texas will remain a state within the United States.

No state may leave the Union absent the consent of the other 49 states (Texas v. White (1869)).

And even with such consent, residents of Texas are first and foremost citizens of the United States, whose US citizenship cannot be taken from them against their will, and whose citizenship is not subject to ‘negotiation’; as long as citizens of the United States are residing in Texas, Texas will remain a state within the United States.
What's the penalty?

Forum List

Back