Will the Electoral College screw up another election?

I always enjoy when brainwashed leftists believe they know better than the founding fathers that laid the groundwork for the greatest country the world has ever known.
I love when right wingers admit that they think slavers are end all be all to political thought. :lol:

Nope. Not unless you can put something in its place that works better at distributing the power equally twixt rural and city. The country cannot really survive without that mechanism.
Not that there don't need to be some changes, for sure. Committed electors should have no..zero..latitude on who they vote for. The vote should be a rubber stamp--nothing more.
Devoid of politicking...like that's going to happen~
Electors should be proportionate also.....the winner takes all is undemocratic.

My state does what states did when we were first formed...they never changed when other states chose to make it Winner takes all. My state distributes our state electors allotted based proportionately on how we the people vote in each representative and elector voting district.

So basically if a state with 100 electors (there is no state with 100, this is used as an example)

If 50% voted one candidate, and 40% of citizens voted for another candidate, and 10% voted for an independent candidate.

The candidate who got 50% of the vote, got 50 state electors, the candidate who got 40% of the vote got 40 state electors, and the candidate who got 10% of the citizen's vote got 10 of the state electors....

(there is a little bit more to it)

The white, male, slave owning, Federalist mantra. As though all the democracies working off simple majorities are ruled by mobs.

Look jackal, first of all, WHO is a slave owner? I know Kamala's grandfather was (FACT, look it up).
Second, the very definition of democracy is ruled by the people, meaning that if 51 out of 100 decide to take your house and throw you out of the neighborhood, you are gone. The mob rules. If 51 out of 100 don't like you and don't like your opinion neither, they shut you up. The mob wins.
A REPUBLIC is governed by laws. If they try to take your house or shut you up, the law says you have a RIGHT to live there and to speak! If they feel you shouldn't live there or give your views, they must make the case before a court of law to decide. The law decides, not a mob.

You hate the electoral college because it gives a voice to all the states and people. You hate it because it prevents California and New York from deciding every election and to hell with the rest of us.

Look jackal, first of all, WHO is a slave owner? I know Kamala's grandfather was (FACT, look it up).
Second, the very definition of democracy is ruled by the people, meaning that if 51 out of 100 decide to take your house and throw you out of the neighborhood, you are gone. The mob rules. If 51 out of 100 don't like you and don't like your opinion neither, they shut you up. The mob wins.
A REPUBLIC is governed by laws. If they try to take your house or shut you up, the law says you have a RIGHT to live there and to speak! If they feel you shouldn't live there or give your views, they must make the case before a court of law to decide. The law decides, not a mob.

You hate the electoral college because it gives a voice to all the states and people. You hate it because it prevents California and New York from deciding every election and to hell with the rest of us.
Jesus Christ you people are stupid. They people who wrote fearfully about mobs were slavers you Dipshit. They did more then just take peoples homes. They took their lives and sold their children. Being a republic doesn't prevent you from committing atrocity. It isn't a magic fucking tome or incantation.

The Electoral College is a curse on American democracy! It must be terminated, which I'll never see in my lifetime - but it must be terminated. Presidential elections should be based on PEOPLE - not ACREAGE.

What do you think?

It's time to abolish the Electoral College

5 Reasons to Abolish the Electoral College

Outgrowing the Electoral College

Why We Should Abolish the Electoral College

When this doesn't work out for you, you can blame the Supreme Court. Or white people. Or Russia. Or the Jews. :auiqs.jpg:

The Electoral College is a dinosaur!

“It wasn’t like the Founders said, ‘Hey, what a great idea! This is the preferred way to select the chief executive, period,’” says Edwards. “They were tired, impatient, frustrated. They cobbled together this plan because they couldn’t agree on anything else.”

The Electoral College is a curse on American democracy! It must be terminated, which I'll never see in my lifetime - but it must be terminated. Presidential elections should be based on PEOPLE - not ACREAGE.

What do you think?

It's time to abolish the Electoral College

5 Reasons to Abolish the Electoral College

Outgrowing the Electoral College

Why We Should Abolish the Electoral College

So you want Los Angeles county to have more say than 43 of the 50 states?

What a fail! :lol:

That's a pretty easy test first of all and one of my questions happened to be what type of government is the United States. The correct answer was Democracy of course!

That was an incorrect answer! It's a Republican form of government

The electoral college voting is a disaster.

A remarkable GOP admission: Undermining the electoral ...

View attachment 1006780
The Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com › politics › 2021/01/04
Jan 4, 2021 — The last two Republicans to win a majority of the popular vote in a presidential contest were father and son: George HW Bush in 1988 and George W. Bush in 2004.

2024 will mark 20 years since Republicans last won ...

View attachment 1006779
The Hill
https://thehill.com › opinion › campaign › 3830161-20...
Jan 26, 2023 — Where does the Republican Party go to replace those 34 electoral votes? Good question. GOP presidential candidates dream about turning back the ...

The Trump cult loves it.
535 electors deciding for 325 million people sounds fair.
Every candidate knows the rules of the game when they compete for the prize. You might as well complain that the Super Bowl loser actually won because they kicked more field goals while the other team scored more touchdowns. If you change the rules of the game, the major population centers would get ALL the candidates' attention, and ALL policy proposals would focus on their wants instead of them being forced to consider what the people in less populated areas need. The only reason to complain the EC is a disaster is if you think it's a disaster that Republicans can win.

Every candidate knows the rules of the game when they compete for the prize.
Yes they do.
You might as well complain that the Super Bowl loser actually won because they kicked more field goals while the other team scored more touchdowns.
That's what the Trump cult did.

Felons or dupes? Treatment of Trump's fake electors has ...​

1725547684951.png
Politico
https://www.politico.com › news › 2024/05/11 › trump...

May 11, 2024 — Only three of the state's 16 fake electors were charged. Willis ... false GOP electors, as well as seven of Trump's national and state allies.
If you change the rules of the game, the major population centers would get ALL the candidates' attention, and ALL policy proposals would focus on their wants instead of them being forced to consider what the people in less populated areas need.
THAT'S what they're doing now.
When will either campaign in Wyoming, New Mexico, Idaho or Alaska?
The only reason to complain the EC is a disaster is if you think it's a disaster that Republicans can win.
And that's what happens.
The electoral college voters change their votes.

Forum List

Back