🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Will there be civil unrest/riots if Trump is found guilty?

Will there be civil unrest?

• Yes, cities torched, violence galore!

• Maybe some loud protests, but nothing really violent

• Just a social media meltdown, but nothing more

Results are only viewable after voting.
A president is the least powerful of the elected officials. You can’t be a career president.

You don’t understand how our government was intended to function.
Exactly!

The Fools on the Left whine about government not getting enough money or enough power, especially when they hold the majority of executive offices.
Government has grown to several times the size and power intended when this nation got started.
There also has evolved the idea that all the money we make belongs to the government, and they decide how much we can keep.

When there is pay and benefits taken, it's a job,, not a "service" (another Leftist lie and disinformation)
FWIW, Trump donated his salary as POTUS.

"I don't want people from the private sector running my government. I want people who understand government."
Spoken like a true statist, fascist, and Leftist parasite.
You clarify the difference between the Left and the Right in this nation.

"The business of America is Business."

I prefer those from the private sector who know how to run a business and operations keeping within budget/costs, not run up deficit and debt, make a profit.
Admittedly difficult to do for an elected conservative given how much of guv'mint is filled with career parasites and near-do-wells, a.k.a. the "Deep State".
Every Republican in my lifetime has been a fucking disaster. Three of them got voted out of office, one was forced to resign, and nearly all of them left the country in recession when they were shown the door.

Yet we still live under this delusion that the Republicans are "better for the economy".

Can't we just strip his clothes, pour burning tar and feathers on him, put him on a ball busting rail and chase him with pitchforks into Mexico?

All the hatred is just not productive. (-:

Every Republican in my lifetime has been a fucking disaster. Three of them got voted out of office, one was forced to resign, and nearly all of them left the country in recession when they were shown the door.

Yet we still live under this delusion that the Republicans are "better for the economy".
Well Komrade,

I could say the same for the Democrat POTUSes, plus they have run up more debt and operated with more deficit.
Also the Left/Democrats create more inflation. If seen most cost go up 25-50% under groper-molester Joe Biden.

Bet I can guess where you place on this;

OPH-Poster-1_540x.jpg

A president is the least powerful of the elected officials. You can’t be a career president.

You don’t understand how our government was intended to function.

BTW, Bush was a two term governor of a large state. Your comment exposed you as a partisan hack.
And before that he was a businessman. A failed businessman, but that didn't stop you from tauting his business skills.

Businessmen don't make good presidents because government can't be run like a business. At least not democratic ones.

Well Komrade,

I could say the same for the Democrat POTUSes, plus they have run up more debt and operated with more deficit.
You could say it, but it wouldn't be true.

FDR, Truman, JFK, LBJ, Clinton, Obama and Biden all left the economy in far better shape than they found it.

The only guy you can't make that argument for is Carter, and that guy was handed a mess to start with.

And before that he was a businessman. A failed businessman, but that didn't stop you from tauting his business skills.

Businessmen don't make good presidents because government can't be run like a business. At least not democratic ones.
If you understood free enterprise/capitalism you'd know there are no guarantees of all business ventures being successful and/or profitable. Failure is part of the paradigm.

However there are many aspects of government that are like a business and a major one is the keep costs to a minimum and stay within a budget. Deficit and debt are as destructive to government ans they are to a business.

It's fairly clear you have no experience operating or working in a for-profit enterprise.

Exactly!

The Fools on the Left whine about government not getting enough money or enough power, especially when they hold the majority of executive offices.
Government has grown to several times the size and power intended when this nation got started.
There also has evolved the idea that all the money we make belongs to the government, and they decide how much we can keep.
Or we have evolved past the point where we shit in chamberpots and treated diseases by making people drink mercury and bleeding them.

We have a modern state, where the average lifespan is 78 years instead of 50.

You could say it, but it wouldn't be true.

FDR, Truman, JFK, LBJ, Clinton, Obama and Biden all left the economy in far better shape than they found it.

The only guy you can't make that argument for is Carter, and that guy was handed a mess to start with.
Clear you don't understand economics.
Running up debt via operating with deficit is not "better shape".

If you understood free enterprise/capitalism you'd know there are no guarantees of all business ventures being successful and/or profitable. Failure is part of the paradigm.

However there are many aspects of government that are like a business and a major one is the keep costs to a minimum and stay within a budget. Deficit and debt are as destructive to government ans they are to a business.

It's fairly clear you have no experience operating or working in a for-profit enterprise.
Actually, I've worked for a lot of them. Enough to know these are the last people I would want running my life when I am off the clock.

The biggest problem is that we - the people - want government to do all these things for us and we don't want to pay for it. We want health care, even when we are too old to work. We want social security. We want police and fire and roads and schools.

We don't like paying for it, of course, but that's why it's too easy for both parties to just borrow.

Or we have evolved past the point where we shit in chamberpots and treated diseases by making people drink mercury and bleeding them.

We have a modern state, where the average lifespan is 78 years instead of 50.
Government had little to do with that. In fact government often blocked or delayed that 'evolution'.
Almost all of the 'modern state' is result of free enterprise, seeking efficiency to operate more profitably.

Except we've been running deficits since WWII. That's not an excuse.

Both parties.

The last guy who got us to a balanced budget on paper was Clinton. Didn't take long for Bush to fuck that up.
Clinton did it by drastic cuts to the military to cover social service expansion.
National defense is a mandate of the Federal government (see the Constitution), not social services.
Clinton left us set-up for 9-11 and our military short on spare parts, munitions, equipment operational, and other deficiencies that had to be corrected for response to Islamic Jihad threats.
BTW, Bush(II) wasn't even in office before 9-11 happened. The perps for that were ones Clinton should have dealt with and prevented from getting here and doing what they did.

So, you are one of these people who want career politicians with limited real world experience imposing laws upon us where they exempt themselves

Actually, I've worked for a lot of them. Enough to know these are the last people I would want running my life when I am off the clock.

The biggest problem is that we - the people - want government to do all these things for us and we don't want to pay for it. We want health care, even when we are too old to work. We want social security. We want police and fire and roads and schools.

We don't like paying for it, of course, but that's why it's too easy for both parties to just borrow.
So you would rather have the government running your life when off the clock (and on it as well actually)?
I've a hunch you weren't an effective or valued employee, BTW.

Your last two paragraphs are close to "fact" though.

Politics has gotten out of hand,
Anger & fear have blocked our ability to think .
Extreme actions, lack of balance,
ADULT BEHAIVOR REQUIRED.

Forum List

Back