Will those who take great pride in casting a vote that doesn't matter vote for nothing again in 2020

So tell us, will you vote for Hulk Hogan or the like again in 2020?

Last year as I sat at the table with my mail-in ballot the choice for US Senator was between Martha McSally and Kyrsten Sinema. My old way would have been to randomly pick anybody else listed. Since over the past 38 years that wasn't getting anywhere I finally gave up. Now in races where I simply don't have a preference, I'll go along with the wife's choice. So Kyrsten Sinema it was. Took almost a week to determine the winner for that office, so it did give me a sense that my wife's votes mattered.

In all likelihood next year she'll produce 2 votes for the Democrat but I doubt that it'll matter this time around.

Good on you for having the sense to cast a vote that you believed had a real chance to matter. It’s a no-brainer for most of us to vote for or against something / someone.

I know you're too stupid to understand this, but a vote "matters" regardless of whether the candidate you voted for wins. It counts, as in gets counted, and recorded as support for what you believe in. That is, unless you vote for a candidate you don't actually believe in because you are scared of some other candidate. That's actually worse than a wasted vote. It's a dishonest vote. If you wanna be a liar when you go to the polls, have it it. I'll pass.

Last year as I sat at the table with my mail-in ballot the choice for US Senator was between Martha McSally and Kyrsten Sinema. My old way would have been to randomly pick anybody else listed. Since over the past 38 years that wasn't getting anywhere I finally gave up. Now in races where I simply don't have a preference, I'll go along with the wife's choice. So Kyrsten Sinema it was. Took almost a week to determine the winner for that office, so it did give me a sense that my wife's votes mattered.

In all likelihood next year she'll produce 2 votes for the Democrat but I doubt that it'll matter this time around.

Good on you for having the sense to cast a vote that you believed had a real chance to matter. It’s a no-brainer for most of us to vote for or against something / someone.

I know you're too stupid to understand this, but a vote "matters" regardless of whether the candidate you voted for wins. It counts, as in gets counted, and recorded as support for what you believe in. That is, unless you vote for a candidate you don't actually believe in because you are scared of some other candidate. That's actually worse than a wasted vote. It's a dishonest vote. If you wanna be a liar when you go to the polls, have it it. I'll pass.

We exist in a one party system cloaked in the guise of choice Dark one

The '$$$ Party' provides 'choices', provides 'political stances', strokes our 'beliefs' , and ultimately installs it's puppet du jour for another 4 years of sanctimonious partisan blame game...while they ride off into the sunset with the pot o' gold

H5lGql9.png

~S~

Haha...that’s really the problem with you weirdos...you honestly believe that voting against something is a ”waste” and “dishonest”?
It’s weird that you people can’t wrap your peanut sized minds around the fact that only two parties have a chance at winning a national election.

Haha...that’s really the problem with you weirdos...you honestly believe that voting against something is a ”waste” and “dishonest”?

Yeah, I do. It's dishonest with yourself, at the very least, because you CAN'T actually vote against someone. Our system doesn't allow it. All you can do is vote for one candidate. If we changed the voting system, to ranked-choice, or approval voting, what you want to do would be possible. But right now it isn't. You vote for one candidate, and the only thing that gets recorded is your support for that one candidate. No one will ever know who you were supposedly "against".

It’s not at all weird, or surprising, that you can't wrap your peanut sized mind around that fact.

Yeah, I do. It's dishonest with yourself, at the very least, because you CAN'T actually vote against someone. Our system doesn't allow it. All you can do is vote for one candidate. If we changed the voting system, to ranked-choice, or approval voting, what you want to do would be possible. But right now it isn't. You vote for one candidate, and the only thing that gets recorded is your support for that one candidate. No one will ever know who you were supposedly "against".

It’s not at all weird, or surprising, that you can't wrap your peanut sized mind around that fact.

Haha...thanks for the enlightenment, for the peek into the twisted mind of one who thinks it makes sense to cast a meaningless vote...I think I’ll continue doing what I do...you know, spending my time wisely and casting a vote that has a chance to matter.

Haha...thanks for the enlightenment, for the peek into the twisted mind of one who thinks it makes sense to cast a meaningless vote...I think I’ll continue doing what I do...you know, spending my time wisely and casting a vote that has a chance to matter.

This from the guy that waste his vote each and every presidential election!

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Nah, just since the total beanerization of this brown shithole.
Good ole hindsight huh?
My guy was one of the two with a chance at winning...your guy never had a chance.
I’ll be voting from AZ in 2020...I’m sure you’ll be voting for Elvis in 2020...right?

Good ole hindsight huh?
My guy was one of the two with a chance at winning...your guy never had a chance.
I’ll be voting from AZ in 2020...I’m sure you’ll be voting for Elvis in 2020...right?

your guy had no chance of winning your state and you voted for him anyhow. No different than my vote.

going to vote in multiple states again?

Good ole hindsight huh?

your guy had no chance of winning your state and you voted for him anyhow. No different than my vote.

Negative....nobody knew what would happen with certainty. (like we did with your guy) Now that we know Mexifornia is way too beanerized for a Republican candidate to ever have a chance...I’ll use my head and vote from AZ.
“But but but RUSSIA!”

Good ole hindsight huh?

I’ve never voted in two states..what gives you that idea?

Those that limit their vote to Republican or Democrat

Yes, after all these years I'm now like those teachers/schools that pass along students without merit just to get them through the system.

You know who you are...you love to puff up about how you don't vote for the "Parties"...you love to refer to those who do vote for shit that matters as "sheep" and "statists"...you love your government conspiracies and chances are you honestly believe you are way too smart to cast a vote for one of the "parties".
7FDFF94D-57F8-4742-9808-440B2A15DD1D.jpeg

It’s weird that you people can’t wrap your peanut sized minds around the fact that only two parties have a chance at winning a national election.

Why is it so difficult for a party to produce someone that the people can actually support as opposed to simply having someone in place to vote against the other guy?

Why is it so difficult for a party to produce someone that the people can actually support as opposed to simply having someone in place to vote against the other guy?

Because with winner take all, plurality voting there's never any reason to strive for more than 50% public support. I think what we need more than anything right now is real consensus in government. We should never be passing laws that represent major social change with a slim majority. But consensus is not likely to happen without changing our election process first.

I’ll do it again in 2020 with a song in my heart. I am not going to vote against my own principles so the partisans sycophants can open a bottle of Dom on election night. Fuck that noise.

I’ll do it again in 2020 with a song in my heart. I am not going to vote against my own principles so the partisans sycophants can open a bottle of Dom on election night. Fuck that noise.

I remember hearing about Soviet elections in the USSR, where there was, usually, only one candidate. I always wondered why anyone would bother to vote. Two candidates isn't much better if they both suck.

You know who you are...you love to puff up about how you don't vote for the "Parties"...you love to refer to those who do vote for shit that matters as "sheep" and "statists"...you love your government conspiracies and chances are you honestly believe you are way too smart to cast a vote for one of the "parties".
The question that should be in everyone's mind is how our government got to be divided among political parties in the first place considering the fact that there is no mention of political parties from the framers anywhere in our constitution.

3rd party voter here. Last 3 elections. Tell me why to pick a major party on this troll post. A powerful third party would strengthen this nation.

As Kodos points out in this video from 1996 "go ahead, throw your vote away"

It is a two party system.

haha...you honestly believe that you'll stop the duopoly from celebrating a victory if you stay "principled"....SERIOUSLY?

haha...you honestly believe that you'll stop the duopoly from celebrating a victory if you stay "principled"....SERIOUSLY?
stopping them has nothing to do with it,,,I cant and wont vote for someone that I believe will violate your or my rights,,,

Forum List

Back