Will we ever be one country again?

I agree with a lot of what you say, but I'm not so sure the left is as bad as you are making them out to be. None I know, anyway. If everyone could stop stereotyping the "other" side, we could go back to having a beer together after the election. Where I live, we still do. This painting our opposition with a very dirty brush is happening on the right just as much as it is by the left. On this board, threads are started each hour promoting it some more.
Well, I just had someone on the right completely disregard my actual words and the idea behind them and make up shit about the Democrat's stance which had nothing whatever to do with what I said. It's frustrating talking to a robot. So I'm cranky about it.
Let's take away the broad brush and get down to cases.

How many of the Tea Party opposition burned, vandalized, assaulted bystanders, and tried to silence opposition voices?

If there were such brutish actions committed said Tea Partiers, how hard do you think the media and government/police state would have come down on them?

The USA is one country with a government of checks and balances.

You and Correll and bear and murica can whine all you want, but your kind of country is not going to happen.
It already did and the people will take it back.
No, it did not, as we see the courts putting the ban on hold and the congressional leaders saying NO to any attempt to legislate a ban.

When Pence and Mattis remove Trump, life will become more normal.

Is it allowed on this board to suggest violence re the President? Even assassination?

Per the OP, THAT is what is wrong with America these days.

I am very concerned about the divisions within this country. The rioting, the looting, the destruction of public and private property, the corruption of our media, the indoctrination of our young people, the Nazi like tactics against those who disagree with you, the suppression of free speech.

Over the last 20 or so years, we have become divided by race, sex, age, income, ethnicity, religion, location, political party, et. al.

Does anyone see a way to unite this country? Would we be better off to split the country into two or three nations? Why is it more important for your party to win than your nation?

Watching this is very depressing and I am sure the founders are turning over in their graves over what has become of the USA.

Why must we hate those who worship differently, think differently, live differently? Why do those on the left believe that we must all believe what they believe? (same question for those on the right).

We are at a crossroads, what happens next?

I'm to the point where I think we should split up as a country: Liberals and like on one side--Republicans and like on the other, and each of us run our own side as we see fit.

The divide between the parties and people are widening every election. There is little middle ground if any. The Tea Party types are pulling the Republicans more right, and on the left, the US Communist Party supported the last three Democrats running for the presidency. Where is the middle ground between constitutionalism and Communism?

If it continues down this path, we will be at war with our own people in 20 years or so.

So who has the answer? Mom did. When my siblings and I fought, my mother would separate us into our own rooms. That stopped the fighting.

it would be a sad day, but it may come to that. I say we let Cal leave and let them see how PC liberalism works without someone to pay the bills.

I am very concerned about the divisions within this country. The rioting, the looting, the destruction of public and private property, the corruption of our media, the indoctrination of our young people, the Nazi like tactics against those who disagree with you, the suppression of free speech.

Over the last 20 or so years, we have become divided by race, sex, age, income, ethnicity, religion, location, political party, et. al.

Does anyone see a way to unite this country? Would we be better off to split the country into two or three nations? Why is it more important for your party to win than your nation?

Watching this is very depressing and I am sure the founders are turning over in their graves over what has become of the USA.

Why must we hate those who worship differently, think differently, live differently? Why do those on the left believe that we must all believe what they believe? (same question for those on the right).

I'm to the point where I think we should split up as a country: Liberals and like on one side--Republicans and like on the other, and each of us run our own side as we see fit.

The divide between the parties and people are widening every election. There is little middle ground if any. The Tea Party types are pulling the Republicans more right, and on the left, the US Communist Party supported the last three Democrats running for the presidency. Where is the middle ground between constitutionalism and Communism?

If it continues down this path, we will be at war with our own people in 20 years or so.

So who has the answer? Mom did. When my siblings and I fought, my mother would separate us into our own rooms. That stopped the fighting.

it would be a sad day, but it may come to that. I say we let Cal leave and let them see how PC liberalism works without someone to pay the bills.

We would need to build a Trump wall across half of the country to keep the Democrats out. In their society, pollution regulations would be so expensive nobody would have money. The wealthy and most business owners would choose the Republican side because of taxes. Because of their strict firearms laws, crime would be out of control because nobody would be able to defend themselves. The criminals wouldn't fear imprisonment because there would be no death penalty on their side, and the prisons would be set up like hotels. They would have no economy because the immigrants would severely keep wages low. The government would be broke and in severe debt because of all the people on social programs.

So yes, we would have to build a wall to keep them from crawling over once they realize how failed liberal policies are.

You and Correll and bear and murica can whine all you want, but your kind of country is not going to happen.
No, it did not, as we see the courts putting the ban on hold and the congressional leaders saying NO to any attempt to legislate a ban.

Is it allowed on this board to suggest violence re the President? Even assassination?

People on this board suggest violence all the time. Foxfyre is a libertarian who is supporting a Big Government fascist. She is confused.

To suggest violence against the President is a crime, I think.

The OP didn't say that. Are you escalating the problem here?

Were you born after 1975? That's when I graduated from high school. I remember a time we were far more divided than today. History is a marvelous thing. It provides perspective.

Just responding to a member's post if you'll notice. That member certainly appeared to be escalating the problem.

We are one people going through tough times, and one of the thing we guys talked about at the gym early this morning is that we are not shooting each other over this. That happened in the Sixties, so the far left and far right: be stupid all you want, but don't kill. Foxfyre immediately above simply does not understand free press and libel laws.

Just responding to a member's post if you'll notice. That member certainly appeared to be escalating the problem.
Only a confused libertarian supporting a Big Government Trump could possible think there was any escalation.

Foxfyre, you have been told over the years, that violence is not the answer. It is still not.

Were you born after 1975? That's when I graduated from high school. I remember a time we were far more divided than today. History is a marvelous thing. It provides perspective.

You may be remembering the Vietnam era which was when violent rioting first became a popular form of protest. But I am older than you, Nosmo, and I don't recall the nation being anywhere near as divided then. With some exceptions, people were much more able to put things into proper perspective in the 60's and 70's. They could appreciate a President not of their party who did something good, were not so quick to automatically condemn or extrapolate into something bad everything somebody on the other side says. We were allowed to disagree peacefully.

Only a confused libertarian supporting a Big Government Trump could possible think there was any escalation.

Foxfyre, you have been told over the years, that violence is not the answer. It is still not.

Glad to hear it Jake. But when you suggest that the Vice President and the Secretary of Defense REMOVE the President, that sounds pretty violent to me.

You may be remembering the Vietnam era which was when violent rioting first became a popular form of protest. But I am older than you, Nosmo, and I don't recall the nation being anywhere near as divided then. With some exceptions, people were much more able to put things into proper perspective in the 60's and 70's. They could appreciate a President not of their party who did something good, were not so quick to automatically condemn or extrapolate into something bad everything somebody on the other side says. We were allowed to disagree peacefully.
Folks were not allowed to peacefully disagree if they were Black and living in Mississippi. Folks were not allowed to peacefully disagree if they were students at Kent State University. And folks were not allowed to peacefully disagree if they were Gay and at the Stonewall Inn in Manhattan.

What in the world is Big Government about Trump?

I can only remember once in my lifetime, when this country actually came together in unison (however short lived)........in 2001. I've also heard about other times in history.....1941 for example.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but I'm not so sure the left is as bad as you are making them out to be. None I know, anyway. If everyone could stop stereotyping the "other" side, we could go back to having a beer together after the election. Where I live, we still do. This painting our opposition with a very dirty brush is happening on the right just as much as it is by the left. On this board, threads are started each hour promoting it some more.
Well, I just had someone on the right completely disregard my actual words and the idea behind them and make up shit about the Democrat's stance which had nothing whatever to do with what I said. It's frustrating talking to a robot. So I'm cranky about it.
Let's take away the broad brush and get down to cases.

How many of the Tea Party opposition burned, vandalized, assaulted bystanders, and tried to silence opposition voices?

If there were such brutish actions committed said Tea Partiers, how hard do you think the media and government/police state would have come down on them?

Speaking as a Tea Partier, I am pretty sure our rallies were typical of others across the country. No hateful signs allowed. We were careful not to obstruct traffic or disrupt anybody's place of business. We were not to harass anybody. We were not to litter or damage anything, and in fact we were so meticulous to pick up after ourselves we generally left an area much cleaner than we found it.

One police officer might be in the vicinity to make sure WE were not attacked, but no police riot squads were ever assigned to our rallies or were ever necessary.

Maybe that is why the Tea Party has enjoyed success in electing their candidates to office, and the more hateful, disrespectful, destructive left continues to lose ground?

Last edited:
We're not at a crossroads, we're not divided more than usual, and we're not coming unglued.

We've always been contentious, and there have always been some nuts marching around wearing sandwich boards proclaiming the end of the world.

I can only remember once in my lifetime, when this country actually came together in unison (however short lived)........in 2001. I've also heard about other times in history.....1941 for example.

At such times of crisis, people generally do set aside their political differences and unify against a common enemy. But in times of peace, there was a time that Democrats and Republicans, liberals and conservatives, could discuss politics without coming to verbal blows. They could express differences of opinions and were still allowed to be friends.

And to attack somebody simply because they expressed an unpopular opinion would have been soundly condemned.

We will never be a united country again. The left believes that if they can just strong arm everyone else we can be browbeaten into being one country. It isn't going to happen. The right is as capable of sabotage and obstruction as the left is. Until we give up and recognize that unity is dead, the country will continually suffer treason and espionage against whatever party is in power.

This is far removed from the simple political differences of the revolution or even civil war. The people of this country despise one another on a very personal visceral level. There is nothing that we share. There is not a value or tradition that we share. End the agony. Break up the country.

Forum List

Back