Will We Forget 9-11, Like We Have Forgotten Pearl Harbor?

MathewSmith

May 24, 2015
I think the magnitude of what happened on 9-11 will make it so it is never forgotten. The fact that so many innocent people who were just at work were killed who were not military just makes the situation stand out so much more. The fact of what they were able to accomplish by stealing 3 planes will always be a reminder of how much we lost that day.

125726-9-11-Never-Forget.jpg

there is a difference between remembering an event and basing all decisions on an event...that is what happened after 9/11....it became the focal point for all foreign policies decisions....at one time the world stood with the u.s. but we threw that away with going to war against a country that had very little to do with 9/11....if we had attacked the main money providers we would attack saudi's instead the u.s. flew them out of the country safely...

Saudi Arabia and the 9/11 Terrorist Attacks

I think the magnitude of what happened on 9-11 will make it so it is never forgotten. The fact that so many innocent people who were just at work were killed who were not military just makes the situation stand out so much more. The fact of what they were able to accomplish by stealing 3 planes will always be a reminder of how much we lost that day.

I will never forget, my family will not forget and by the way they hijacked 4 planes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have or know anyone that was in the twin towers or escaped, or in the planes. I don't and have never talked to anyone who did. No, we will never forget.

and it will happen again......let me tell you something about the heightened security in d.c. non existent....they check all bags and packs but time and time again.....my hubby and his metal knees passed thru check points with no problem....yes the scars are obvious but he sets off the alarms at the local courthouse...i was shocked by that...

but more than that....they will lay in wait for decades till we get even more complacent they are in no hurry....

i will never forget the jumpers....the horror of what they faced that drove them out of those windows.....the falling man and the couple holding hands.....were they a couple prior to death or simply two humans helping each other outta of a horrible death into another one....

I agree about the 9/11 comment, but Pearl Harbor?????? My God, WWII is the ONLY US WAR EVER, that we talk about, celebrate, document and praise. Check out the History Channel someday, you'd barf from all the hoopla.

I can't see 9/11 being forgotten at least not anytime soon because of how much more recent of an event it is. Pearl Harbor happened a much longer time ago and like you said, those who died on 9/11 were not taking part in a war when they died. They were just doing their every day normal things which made the attack even that much more right up out of no where..

God bless you and our homeland always!!!

Holly

No, we have not forgotten Dec 7,1941 and we will not forget 9/11/01

No one should ever forget either event. Even though Pearl Harbor happened before Hawaii became a state, it was too close to our country for comfort. 9/11 was virtually the first attack on U.S. soil, and the toll too great.

Does anyone have or know anyone that was in the twin towers or escaped, or in the planes. I don't and have never talked to anyone who did. No, we will never forget.

clearly ----none of them want to meet you or talk to you-------they must have
heard about you or read some of your posts

Forum List

Back