Will We See Serial Killers in Heaven?

Well, if any of us get to heaven and don't find it to our liking, we should just bear in mind that there was one insurrection there already recorded. It didn't turn out too well. So, if I wake up there and look over and see Jeffrey Dahmer, I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

I find the thought of life after life to be somewhat intriguing. It is highly likely that I have cared for some serial killers unaware. I KNOW I have had to care for sexual perverts. And I have seen the very worst that being human has to offer up close and personal while most have just read about it in the papers or in novels. In those instances, one has to compartmentalize things, equalize everyone and give the same care to all regardless what their 'sins' may be. That is a difficult thing and certainly helps one to see the predicament God must have created for Himself.

Anyway, we have to remember that God has a different POV than humans:

1 Samuel 16:7

New International Version (NIV)

7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

Bottom line, no one knows the struggles of others, what demons they have to fight on a daily basis, or what illnesses of the mind they have to try to conquer. But one thing I have learned is that most people are doing about the best they can do under the circumstances that have been manifested in their lives. Looking at the backgrounds and psychological profiles of people like serial killers certainly shows that. So, I personally, am glad to leave the hard decisions about who gets into heaven and who doesn't up to God. It's His struggle, not mine. My own is about all I can handle.

Last edited:
Will we have taste buds in heaven?

IF we drink in Heaven, will we get buzzed?

Is there any reason to want to get buzzed in Heaven?

Well, I believe it was Ben Franklin who said that beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to enjoy life. I personally, think that beer is proof that cows can piss in bottles.

Jesus didn't turn the water into beer. He turned the water into wine. Think about it.

Should people understand the true meaning of blasphemy and show reverence to others soul held beliefs?i

-------------------------:eusa_eh:

Blasphemy is the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence[disambiguation needed] for a religious deity or the irreverence towards religious or holy persons or things, or toward something considered sacred or inviolable.[1][2] Blasphemies can also mean any irreverent or disrespectful action or remark.[3] Some countries have laws to punish religious blasphemy,[4] while others have laws that sanction those who are offended by blasphemy to effect their wrath on blasphemers. Those laws may condone penalties or retaliation for blasphemy under the labels of blasphemous libel,[5] expression of opposition, or "villification," of religion or of some religious practices,[6][7] religious insult,[8] or hate speech.[9]

Blasphemy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 'tolerant' left has no intention of tolerating anyone whose beliefs are not in lock step with their own.

Well, I believe it was Ben Franklin who said that beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to enjoy life. I personally, think that beer is proof that cows can piss in bottles.

Jesus didn't turn the water into beer. He turned the water into wine. Think about it.

I prefer Scotch.

Will there be good quality Scotch in heaven?

I prefer Scotch.

Scotch is good. It just costs so much. But I know Jesus drank wine, so 'the fruit of the vine' is my preference. I have heard discussions on whether Jesus drank fermented or unfermented wine. But logically with no refrigeration in those days, I don't really see how he could have not drunk the fermented stuff.

And he did say 'moderation in all things.' Or some such.

Last edited:
His total body count was seventeen men and boys and he would often do horrible things to them. Not only did he dismember his victims and keep body parts of them in a freezer, he also attempted to create "homosexual sex zombies" of his victims. He would drill holes into their skull while still alive and inject hydrochloric acid into their brains. This shows what evil secular evolutionary science can do to people!

He would drill holes into their skull while still alive and inject hydrochloric acid into their brains.

to bad the Christians lost the "Ten Commandments" - at any rate the one on killing might have a relevance for Dahmer ...

there can be no repentance for a crime that can not be rescinded, only God can bring back to life someone who has been Killed.

Dahmer is dead.

I prefer Scotch.

Here is a quote from the book "spirit teachings" By Stainton Moses.

"The cravings of the body are not extinct, though the power to gratify them is withdrawn. The drunkard retains his old thirst, but exaggerated; aggravated by the impossibility of slacking it."

I prefer Scotch.

"The cravings of the body are not extinct, though the power to gratify them is withdrawn. The drunkard retains his old thirst, but exaggerated; aggravated by the impossibility of slacking it."

Sounds like a version of hell.

I can't stand the "religion" called "Islam" but even that dopey comic book "religion" offers rewards to the faithful in the afterlife. I understand it includes alcohol -- forbidden in life: joyously allowed in the after-life.

I prefer Scotch.

:eusa_hand: Sounds like hell...

His total body count was seventeen men and boys and he would often do horrible things to them. Not only did he dismember his victims and keep body parts of them in a freezer, he also attempted to create "homosexual sex zombies" of his victims. He would drill holes into their skull while still alive and inject hydrochloric acid into their brains. This shows what evil secular evolutionary science can do to people!

He would drill holes into their skull while still alive and inject hydrochloric acid into their brains.

to bad the Christians lost the "Ten Commandments" - at any rate the one on killing might have a relevance for Dahmer ...

there can be no repentance for a crime that can not be rescinded, only God can bring back to life someone who has been Killed.

Dahmer is dead.

Most people can not imagine what one person is capable of doing to another. But I have had patients who were tortured, both ritually and non ritually. The person whose mother burned her with boiling water and an iron was really a sick duck. Torture can do that to a person. I am thankful that I never met her mother.

I prefer Scotch.

Sounds like a version of hell.

I can't stand the "religion" called "Islam" but even that dopey comic book "religion" offers rewards to the faithful in the afterlife. I understand it includes alcohol -- forbidden in life: joyously allowed in the after-life.

IMNSHO, no one has made heaven quite as appealing as hell has been made repulsive. I know a lot of sects preach a literal hell. But the hell I was taught was more spiritual, that of being 'cut off from God', a state where "the worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched." (The worm being the person and the fire being whatever you spent your time on in life that was the antithesis of God's teachings.) More like Dajjal's post describes. I think a lot of people deny themselves some things in life just so they can know that it can be done.

Last edited:
REGARDING COMMENTS THAT ONLY 144,000 WILL ENTER HEAVEN:

From what I have read over the decades, there are some Christians who believe that only 144,000 will go to heaven. However, many other Christians believe otherwise.

Based upon my research, I am convinced the number 144,000 does not represent ALL redeemed Christians. First, according to the Bible, each of the 144,000 must be a male VIRGIN! If only 144,000 male virgins get to heaven, then Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Noah, Moses and all the other Biblical patriarchs are going straight to hell! It would also appear that all women are excluded! Here is what the Bible says about the 144,000:

“And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb” (Revelation 14:1-4 (KJV, highlights my own):

Now, I am also aware that some Christians say that the quoted scripture does not mean exactly what it says; for example the word “virgin” means a spiritual virgin, and the words “not defiled by women” means not corrupted by false teachings. I would counter this perverted explanation by stating the obvious: if God had meant to say the 144,000 were those who were spiritually pure and undefiled by false teachings, He would have said it directly or at least would have used a more appropriate allegory.

Second, the Bible further distinguishes these 144,000 by claiming they will be reign with Christ for 1,000 years. This is what the Bible says:

“And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years” (Revelation 20:4-5 (KJV, highlights my own).

It is important to note that the above verse speaks of the rest of the dead (beyond the 144,000) which will not live again (as the 144,000 are living) until at least 1,000 years later. Here is what the Bible says about the “rest of the dead:

“And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

"And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire” (Revelation 20:7-15, KJV, highlights my own).

The way I read it, there are two groups: the 144,000 who were redeemed before the 1,000 year reign of Christ, and an untold number of those who will be raised from the dead and judged after the 1,000 year reign.

But that is just my own humble opinion (OK, I lied about the humble part).

Edited to add: There are over 1 billion Christians in the world. If only 144,000 get into heaven, the entry requirements have obviously been changed.

Professor, that's close, but there are 3 groups. Before the tribulation starts, those that are alive in Christ, will leave this earth for a short period. At that time, those that were in Christ when they died, and whose souls are in Heaven already, will be reunited with their glorified bodies. We call that "the rapture".

The 144,000 are for the Jews. They are 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes, that preach during the tribulation. They are marked on their forehead, just like Cain was, and can not be harmed. They will be here when Christ touches down on the Mt. of Olives, and will remain with Him here for eternity.

They are a completely different group than the souls that are beheaded during the trib. for not taking the mark, and refusing to denounce Christ as Lord.
This group, are the non believers that become believers after the rapture. They can and will be harmed en masse. They are the ones that will be sent to die in the concentration camps that the U.N. is building for them right now. Data mining will be used to find and expose them. Drones will locate them. Get used to both.
Those headless martyrs will be in Heaven before their heads hit the basket. They are the ones under the alter that John heard calling for justice, and are given the right to judge when they return to earth with Christ when He touches down at the Mt. of Olives.

Also returning with Christ at that time are those taken during the rapture, and those who reunited with their bodies, those previously in Abraham's bosom, the Saints, the Disciples, etc. That empties out Heaven except for the angels.

After Christ reigns on earth for 1,000 years, those that lived and died without accepting the gift of salvation will have their day in court. The earth will give up those dead, and they will account for their sins at the White Throne Judgment.
You'll want to be standing behind Christ during that event and not in front of Him explaining your bad behavior. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
If they repent of their sins I don't see why we wouldn't. If the Lord can forgive them, so can I. Am I somehow greater than He is? Of course not.

You don't seem to realize that none of us is worthy. We are all sinners and need the Atonement of Christ to change our hearts and become who God created us to become. We all have to be born of the Spirit. And we all need forgiveness.

I think we will be very surprised about who has reached the Celestial Glory and who hasn't. Because we aren't just judged by what we've done, but who we have become. And some of us with horrendous sins have repented and become good people. And some of us who started out alright people have become bitter and live less than what they could have had.

Also, I dont think ill be running to see serial killers first because I don't know any. Im sure the first people ill be running to see are my family and friends.

REGARDING COMMENTS THAT ONLY 144,000 WILL ENTER HEAVEN:

From what I have read over the decades, there are some Christians who believe that only 144,000 will go to heaven. However, many other Christians believe otherwise.

Based upon my research, I am convinced the number 144,000 does not represent ALL redeemed Christians. First, according to the Bible, each of the 144,000 must be a male VIRGIN! If only 144,000 male virgins get to heaven, then Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Noah, Moses and all the other Biblical patriarchs are going straight to hell! It would also appear that all women are excluded! Here is what the Bible says about the 144,000:

“And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb” (Revelation 14:1-4 (KJV, highlights my own):

Now, I am also aware that some Christians say that the quoted scripture does not mean exactly what it says; for example the word “virgin” means a spiritual virgin, and the words “not defiled by women” means not corrupted by false teachings. I would counter this perverted explanation by stating the obvious: if God had meant to say the 144,000 were those who were spiritually pure and undefiled by false teachings, He would have said it directly or at least would have used a more appropriate allegory.

Second, the Bible further distinguishes these 144,000 by claiming they will be reign with Christ for 1,000 years. This is what the Bible says:

“And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years” (Revelation 20:4-5 (KJV, highlights my own).

It is important to note that the above verse speaks of the rest of the dead (beyond the 144,000) which will not live again (as the 144,000 are living) until at least 1,000 years later. Here is what the Bible says about the “rest of the dead:

“And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

"And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire” (Revelation 20:7-15, KJV, highlights my own).

The way I read it, there are two groups: the 144,000 who were redeemed before the 1,000 year reign of Christ, and an untold number of those who will be raised from the dead and judged after the 1,000 year reign.

But that is just my own humble opinion (OK, I lied about the humble part).

Edited to add: There are over 1 billion Christians in the world. If only 144,000 get into heaven, the entry requirements have obviously been changed.

Professor, that's close, but there are 3 groups. Before the tribulation starts, those that are alive in Christ, will leave this earth for a short period. At that time, those that were in Christ when they died, and whose souls are in Heaven already, will be reunited with their glorified bodies. We call that "the rapture".

The 144,000 are for the Jews. They are 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes, that preach during the tribulation. They are marked on their forehead, just like Cain was, and can not be harmed. They will be here when Christ touches down on the Mt. of Olives, and will remain with Him here for eternity.

They are a completely different group than the souls that are beheaded during the trib. for not taking the mark, and refusing to denounce Christ as Lord.
This group, are the non believers that become believers after the rapture. They can and will be harmed. They are the ones that will be sent to die in the concentration camps that the U.N. is building for them right now. Data mining will be used to find and expose them.
Those headless martyrs will be in Heaven before their heads hit the basket. They are the ones under the alter that John heard calling for justice, and are given the right to judge when they return to earth with Christ when He touches down at the Mt. of Olives.

Also returning with Christ at that time are those taken during the rapture, and those who reunited with their bodies, those previously in Abraham's bosom, the Saints, the Disciples, etc. That empties out Heaven except for the angels.

After Christ reigns on earth for 1,000 years, those that lived and died without accepting the gift of salvation will have their day in court. The earth will give up those dead, and they will account for their sins at the White Throne Judgment.
You'll want to be standing behind Christ during that event and not in front of Him explaining your bad behavior. :eusa_angel:

Nor do they want to be judged by the saints they have persecuted...

Forum List

Back