Will We See Serial Killers in Heaven?

One can be forgiven for a sin, if one practices that sin they are not forgiven. So no you won't have any serial killers on earth after the return. By the way only 144000 go to Heaven and they are not serial killers either.

Stop telling people that only 144,000 go to Heaven. It just isn't so. 144,000 evangelizing Messianic Jews will be sealed from being harmed during the tribulation. Absolutely no where in the Bible does it say that only they go to Heaven.

If that is true, Christ is a liar.
There is a thief in Heaven. There is a murder there. Both with repentant hearts for the things they did wrong here. You'll recognize them by the way they look. Forgiven. :eusa_angel:

Well Christ even advocated lying:

King James Bible
Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

Actually now that I think of it, so did the writer of Proverbs:

King James Bible
It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.

Last edited:
Define Heaven

Exactly! :wink_2:
:eusa_eh: Define 'God'.​

Will the God of Abraham, as sought out via The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran, entertain forgiven serial killers in the eternal heaven as described in the relevant ancient stories?

:dunno:

If you get to heaven, and see Jeffrey D. and the Green River Killer having a coffee, will you run to them, to share a hug and celebrate your mutual friend in Jesus, or will you run from them, seeking a more worthy recipient of your hug, like Billy Graham?

If that happens to me, I will just assume that heaven is not owned by me and I don't make the rules. I'll leave all that up to the One who does own heaven and makes the rules. And you must understand that what is heaven to one person might actually be hell to another. I doubt that Dahmer would find me to be very stimulating company.

My own vision is that each person will have what they themselves envision to be heaven, so if noxious people are not part of your vision of heaven, you will not find yourself beset with noxious people. My own vision is sitting down at the dinner table once again with my husband and children. I am sure the table is waiting and he is there awaiting our arrival. That would be MY heaven. Should that not be their heaven, they would have their own separate heaven even though they are part of mine. It's complicated. But workable for Someone who is able to create a universe or two. I do not understand it all, but my imagination of it all is most comforting.

You are allowing yourself to be limited by your own understanding or lack thereof, and you are fearful of your own imagination. That makes me sad for you.

Other than my point missed, this is a beautiful post.

Heaven is customized. Nothing uncomfortable... nothing but personalized love.

I hope you're right.
:beer: To each his/her own!!​

If you get to heaven, and see Jeffrey D. and the Green River Killer having a coffee, will you run to them, to share a hug and celebrate your mutual friend in Jesus, or will you run from them, seeking a more worthy recipient of your hug, like Billy Graham?

If that happens to me, I will just assume that heaven is not owned by me and I don't make the rules. I'll leave all that up to the One who does own heaven and makes the rules. And you must understand that what is heaven to one person might actually be hell to another. I doubt that Dahmer would find me to be very stimulating company.

My own vision is that each person will have what they themselves envision to be heaven, so if noxious people are not part of your vision of heaven, you will not find yourself beset with noxious people. My own vision is sitting down at the dinner table once again with my husband and children. I am sure the table is waiting and he is there awaiting our arrival. That would be MY heaven. Should that not be their heaven, they would have their own separate heaven even though they are part of mine. It's complicated. But workable for Someone who is able to create a universe or two. I do not understand it all, but my imagination of it all is most comforting.

You are allowing yourself to be limited by your own understanding or lack thereof, and you are fearful of your own imagination. That makes me sad for you.

Other than my point missed, this is a beautiful post.

Heaven is customized. Nothing uncomfortable... nothing but personalized love.

I hope you're right.
:beer: To each his/her own!!​

I didn't miss your point. Your thinking is in fact most common amongst people. I have a friend who was a wild party animal her whole life up until about 4 years ago. Now she is a 'born again, Bible thumping, holy talking Christian.' She wears us all out with it. She partied for 61 years. I have served God and humanity my entire life. So have my other friends. If she gets the same reward we get, I and the rest of our group are going to be seriously pissed. Not that it will change anything. Or that it should, really. I don't want a little cabin in glory land, I want the mansion. But in reality, someone else's relation ship with God is between them and God, not between me and them or me and them and God.

If you look into the Egyptian mystery religion you will find it is comprised of the Hermetic teachings. That is what Jesus was teaching, the Egyptian mystery religion. He said, 'I show you a mystery.' And he taught in parables. One of the precepts of the Hermetic teaching is 'as above, so below; as below, so above.' He used the expression, 'on earth as it is in heaven.' If it is above as it is below, I would surmise that heaven will not be any more fair than earth is. Then again there is always the possibility that God merely the Anunnaki who came and genetically engineered us from apes to do their dirty work. The Bible does talk a lot about humans 'serving' God. As above so below; as below so above. :)

Last edited:
Define Heaven

Exactly! :wink_2:
:eusa_eh: Define 'God'.​

Will the God of Abraham, as sought out via The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran, entertain forgiven serial killers in the eternal heaven as described in the relevant ancient stories?

:dunno:

Why not? Jesus promised the thief on the cross a place in paradise.

John 14:2 King James Version (KJV) -- In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

My impression, based on this passage from the New Testament, is that the place in Paradise for serial killers would be different than the place in Paradise that Jesus would prepare for the victims of these killers. And that Jesus decides where one spends Eternity, i.e which mansion one will occupy. It is not up to the individual.

I will start by making the assumption that an afterlife does exist. You can call it Heaven or whatever else you want but we shall assume that life goes on after the death of our physical body. So accepting that we do move on to some other reality, does Heaven, as we have been taught, make sense? We are to believe that everyone in Heaven is or will be perfect and we will only be exposed to the good in everyone. Really?

Let's exam the relationship between Satan and God. Does it exist? One is good and one is bad. Will Satan ever not exist? We are taught to believe that in the end God will win and Satan will be destroyed, but will he? If he will, why doesn't God just destroy him now? And if God is capable of destroying Satan, is God not capable of things that are not good?

Let's look at this from a slightly different angle now. If everything is good and wonderful, and there is no bad, will things not get a bit boring? I mean we are going to have to do this forever, and there are no challenges, there is nothing to overcome, because we have earned our reward of eternity in paradise. Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Assuming we live in some different type of state, maybe we will be able to exist forever, but I would think good and bad will also exist, just as it does here on earth. I imagine the struggle between good and bad is something that exists everywhere. It's part of the balance of the universe. For every good thing there is something bad. Think of this; if there was no bad, would we have any concept of good? How would we know something was good if we never had anything bad to compare it to?

So, does that mean we will find serial killers in Heaven? I would have to say yes, and in my perspective, they will still be bad people.

Sunshine, Christ never lied or advocated lying.

The first verse you quoted, has to do with making amends. The word agree in Greek means to settle, as in settle your account (quickly) with your adversary, while you are with him, before he brings charges against you and you end up in jail.

The 2nd verse you quoted was written 13 generations before Jesus was born and has nothing to do with lying.
It is about a man that goes to a seller's store and criticizes the sellers goods until the seller gives him a rock bottom price. When the man gets home he boasts about outwitting the seller and what good merchandise he ended up with. Such boasting is evil.

If Jesus lied, even once, then we could say of every thing he said, "If you lied then, are you lying now?" Or, "What else have you lied about?"

He is Truth. You can bet your life on it. :)

Define Heaven

Love to :eusa_angel:

"Dear friends, now we are children of God and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when He appears, we shall be like Him." (1 John 3:2)
Not just sin free but,
"He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ." (Phil 1:6)
Think of a computer program that has problems But then the new version comes out and everything that is good about the program is left in but everything bad is fixed -- and not only that, but many great new features are added, like:

We can come and go at will throughout the universe, and from dimension to dimension. We will be outside the laws of physics.

And all of this:
"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and earth passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the Throne saying, 'Now the dwelling of God is with men, and He will live with them. They will be his people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.' He who was seated on the Throne said, 'I am making everything new!'" - Revelation 21:1-4

We'll live here:
Revelation 21:2-3 tells us we will have a new home called "New Jerusalem". Jerusalem means, "city of peace". This New Jerusalem is massive! It will be about 1,500 miles wide, 1,500 miles long, and 1,500 miles high. (Revelation 21:15-16). (That would make this city roughly the size of the moon). The city will have 12 gates with the names of the twelve tribes of Israel written on them. The foundation will be twelve layers to it with the names of the twelve apostles written on them. (Revelation 21:12-17)

It will look like this:
And the entire city will be made of gold and jewels.
The walls will be made of pure diamond and the city of pure gold - clear as glass (Revelation 21:18). The foundation will be filled with precious stones (Revelation 21:19-21).
And best of all, we will never be seperated from our brother, Jesus, who can't wait to share the above (inheritance) with us, His brothers and sisters.

There is no:
disease, illness, deformity, poor vision, weight problem, death, sadness, pms, rape, murder, theft, anger, fear, hate, racism, ill will, greed.

There is:
joy, laughter, singing, wisdom, compassion, gentleness, warmth, love, love, love, love, love, preparation for your royal duties here on earth, more love, more laughter, immortal, non aging, multidimensional bodies, 100% knowledge and understanding, lots of forgiveness. Victims will forgive those that trespassed against them.

On Earth, as it is in Heaven :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
So there will be no dogs in heaven, right? Because if there are barking neighbours dogs in heaven there will be anger. Unless I cannot go to heaven for getting angry.

Its me or the neighbours dogs, we cannot both go to heaven.:lol:

REGARDING COMMENTS THAT ONLY 144,000 WILL ENTER HEAVEN:

From what I have read over the decades, there are some Christians who believe that only 144,000 will go to heaven. However, many other Christians believe otherwise.

Based upon my research, I am convinced the number 144,000 does not represent ALL redeemed Christians. First, according to the Bible, each of the 144,000 must be a male VIRGIN! If only 144,000 male virgins get to heaven, then Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Noah, Moses and all the other Biblical patriarchs are going straight to hell! It would also appear that all women are excluded! Here is what the Bible says about the 144,000:

“And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb” (Revelation 14:1-4 (KJV, highlights my own):

Now, I am also aware that some Christians say that the quoted scripture does not mean exactly what it says; for example the word “virgin” means a spiritual virgin, and the words “not defiled by women” means not corrupted by false teachings. I would counter this perverted explanation by stating the obvious: if God had meant to say the 144,000 were those who were spiritually pure and undefiled by false teachings, He would have said it directly or at least would have used a more appropriate allegory.

Second, the Bible further distinguishes these 144,000 by claiming they will be reign with Christ for 1,000 years. This is what the Bible says:

“And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years” (Revelation 20:4-5 (KJV, highlights my own).

It is important to note that the above verse speaks of the rest of the dead (beyond the 144,000) which will not live again (as the 144,000 are living) until at least 1,000 years later. Here is what the Bible says about the “rest of the dead:

“And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

"And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire” (Revelation 20:7-15, KJV, highlights my own).

The way I read it, there are two groups: the 144,000 who were redeemed before the 1,000 year reign of Christ, and an untold number of those who will be raised from the dead and judged after the 1,000 year reign.

But that is just my own humble opinion (OK, I lied about the humble part).

Edited to add: There are over 1 billion Christians in the world. If only 144,000 get into heaven, the entry requirements have obviously been changed.

Last edited:
REGARDING COMMENTS THAT ONLY 144,000 WILL ENTER HEAVEN:

From what I have read over the decades, there are some Christians who believe that only 144,000 will go to heaven. However, many other Christians believe otherwise.

Based upon my research, I am convinced the number 144,000 does not represent ALL redeemed Christians. First, according to the Bible, each of the 144,000 must be a male VIRGIN! If only 144,000 male virgins get to heaven, then Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Noah, Moses and all the other Biblical patriarchs are going straight to hell! It would also appear that all women are excluded! Here is what the Bible says about the 144,000:

“And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb” (Revelation 14:1-4 (KJV, highlights my own):

Now, I am also aware that some Christians say that the quoted scripture does not mean exactly what it says; for example the word “virgin” means a spiritual virgin, and the words “not defiled by women” means not corrupted by false teachings. I would counter this perverted explanation by stating the obvious: if God had meant to say the 144,000 were those who were spiritually pure and undefiled by false teachings, He would have said it directly or at least would have used a more appropriate allegory.

Second, the Bible further distinguishes these 144,000 by claiming they will be reign with Christ for 1,000 years. This is what the Bible says:

“And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years” (Revelation 20:4-5 (KJV, highlights my own).

It is important to note that the above verse speaks of the rest of the dead (beyond the 144,000) which will not live again (as the 144,000 are living) until at least 1,000 years later. Here is what the Bible says about the “rest of the dead:

“And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

"And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire” (Revelation 20:7-15, KJV, highlights my own).

The way I read it, there are two groups: the 144,000 who were redeemed before the 1,000 year reign of Christ, and an untold number of those who will be raised from the dead and judged after the 1,000 year reign.

But that is just my own humble opinion (OK, I lied about the humble part).

Edited to add: There are over 1 billion Christians in the world. If only 144,000 get into heaven, the entry requirements have obviously been changed.
Well, a good coach will humble his players by telling them only the few will make the first string, but sometimes at mid-season, several players who didn't get to play become first-string stars due to their improvement. Maybe the Christian authors were prompting the entire flock to seek God's good grace through Spartan approach to salvation of serving others and turning enemies into friends so that they, too, could seek salvation among friends.

John 3:16 is crystal clear: those who believe in Christ are already entitled to salvation. We don't know how that is, we just know that is. Also, as to whether serial killers make it to Heaven, all I can say is if their incarceration is what it takes to make them sorry and they turn their lives over to living as believers live, Yep. After all, the guy who brought us the 10 Commandments, one of which, "Thou shalt not kill" was a convicted murderer who left Egypt as a young hothead and returned as an 80=year old man who'd seen God's face in the burning bush and was reasonably obedient thereafter to do God's commands, with only one exception for which he was refused entrance into the promised land of Canaan, and the honor of leadership went to a faithful man named Joshua who was completely obedient to God's command of believing God's words, "Be strong and full of good courage." He believed and never looked back. He learned from Moses' error, and he feared God more than he did people who were hostile to the Israelites.

That would be a wise thing for leaders to day to acknowledge and obey, but they don't, for which they will lose all they think they have but don't.

Well, a good coach will humble his players by telling them only the few will make the first string, but sometimes at mid-season, several players who didn't get to play become first-string stars due to their improvement. Maybe the Christian authors were prompting the entire flock to seek God's good grace through Spartan approach to salvation of serving others and turning enemies into friends so that they, too, could seek salvation among friends.

John 3:16 is crystal clear: those who believe in Christ are already entitled to salvation. We don't know how that is, we just know that is. Also, as to whether serial killers make it to Heaven, all I can say is if their incarceration is what it takes to make them sorry and they turn their lives over to living as believers live, Yep. After all, the guy who brought us the 10 Commandments, one of which, "Thou shalt not kill" was a convicted murderer who left Egypt as a young hothead and returned as an 80=year old man who'd seen God's face in the burning bush and was reasonably obedient thereafter to do God's commands, with only one exception for which he was refused entrance into the promised land of Canaan, and the honor of leadership went to a faithful man named Joshua who was completely obedient to God's command of believing God's words, "Be strong and full of good courage." He believed and never looked back. He learned from Moses' error, and he feared God more than he did people who were hostile to the Israelites.

That would be a wise thing for leaders to day to acknowledge and obey, but they don't, for which they will lose all they think they have but don't.

King David was described as 'a man after God's own heart.' And he had impregnated another man's wife, tried to get her husband to have relations with her while they were at war to cover it up, but he would not because he was a loyal soldier in David's army. Then he had her husband killed. David subsequently married her. Their child died, but she later gave birth to Solomon who has been proclaimed to be the wises person who ever lived. It can be amazing what growing up in a dysfunctional home can teach a person. :D

I'm not too worried about sharing heaven with serial killers. I just don't want to look up and see Obama there. But then he IS a serial killer.

Last edited:
So there will be no dogs in heaven, right? Because if there are barking neighbours dogs in heaven there will be anger. Unless I cannot go to heaven for getting angry.

Oh, come on, Dajjal. They're all angels when they get there! ;)

When I lived in TN, I had a neighbor who had a dog that barked nonstop. Weekdays it was OK because I worked, but on the weekends, he was right behind me barking at the butt crack of dawn. I came to understand what it meant for one to be homicidal.

King David was described as 'a man after God's own heart.' And he had impregnated another man's wife, tried to get her husband to have relations with her while they were at war to cover it up, but he would not because he was a loyal soldier in David's army. Then he had her husband killed. David subsequently married her. Their child died, but she later gave birth to Solomon who has been proclaimed to be the wises person who ever lived. It can be amazing what growing up in a dysfunctional home can teach a person. :D

I'm not too worried about sharing heaven with serial killers. I just don't want to look up and see Obama there. But then he IS a serial killer.
I used to hate King David. Then one day at an adult church school one Sunday morning, I got it with both barrels for missing the point of King David's life on earth. For years after that I read and reread passages about King David and his Psalms. The one clear and shining thing about the man, aside from some egregious acts, was his true belief and allegiance to only God as his commanding officer. That's repeated over and over throughout his life--a heart that returns to God and is sorry for offending him whenever it was called to his attention how offensive he was to God and his fellows for this that or the other of his wrongful or silly deeds. He truly lamented his infirmities of body and mind. And he truly celebrated God as the giver of all good things to him and to his people. So much so that his snotty-nosed wife Michele was set aside by him forever when she mocked him for dancing naked or near-naked in the streets in celebration of military victory over cruel foes, as I recollect. It was likely that Michele, Saul's daughter, couldn't give up cherishing David's anathema, King Saul, who tried to kill him again and again because he was popular with the people and true to God. Saul wasn't true to God. He ended up failing trying to kill David. Yep. Dysfunctional families are not necessarily the product of poverty.

I used to hate King David. Then one day at an adult church school one Sunday morning, I got it with both barrels for missing the point of King David's life on earth. For years after that I read and reread passages about King David and his Psalms. The one clear and shining thing about the man, aside from some egregious acts, was his true belief and allegiance to only God as his commanding officer. That's repeated over and over throughout his life--a heart that returns to God and is sorry for offending him whenever it was called to his attention how offensive he was to God and his fellows for this that or the other of his wrongful or silly deeds. He truly lamented his infirmities of body and mind. And he truly celebrated God as the giver of all good things to him and to his people. So much so that his snotty-nosed wife Michele was set aside by him forever when she mocked him for dancing naked or near-naked in the streets in celebration of military victory over cruel foes, as I recollect. It was likely that Michele, Saul's daughter, couldn't give up cherishing David's , King Saul, who tried to kill him again and again because he was popular with the people and true to God. Saul wasn't true to God. He ended up failing trying to kill David. Yep. Dysfunctional families are not necessarily the product of poverty.

According to the Old Testament (1 Samuel 18:7):
It happened as they were coming, when David returned from killing the Philistine, that the women came out of all the cities of Israel, singing and dancing, to meet King Saul, with tambourines, with joy and with musical instruments. The women sang as they played, and said, "Saul has slain his thousands, And David his ten thousands." Then Saul became very angry, for this saying displeased him; and he said, "They have ascribed to David ten thousands, but to me they have ascribed thousands. Now what more can he have but the kingdom?"…

So if David was "dancing naked or near-naked in the streets in celebration of military victory over cruel foes" it likely was to the accompaniment of women singing and dancing joyously to celebrate his success in slaying a large number of the enemy. As David was younger and more virile, compared to the older Saul, it's understandable that witnessing such a scene disturbed and frieghtened the old King.

Forum List

Back