Wisconsin Giving Tax Surplus to the People!

My district has repeatedly proposed referendums that allow for an increase in property taxes so that schools can make necessary repairs, keep class size low, maintain quality extracurriculars and the arts, etc. Under Walker, districts would not be allowed to do that. Again, so much for local control.

I know it seems like it doesn't make much sense. But Walker is probably doing the better thing by steering away from that path. The more local tax dollars are used for school funding, the more people start clamoring "Well your district should do the same thing / the state should spend less and the district spend more" etc. Next thing you know, spending becomes incredibly uneven. Rich neighborhoods give Ipads to every student. Poor neighborhoods employ convicted child molesters because they can't manage to pay market wages.

But that kind of happens now.

I do agree, district inequality is a problem for the whole country. If the rich parents had to send their little bundles of joy to the same as the poor, you'd see a lot of reform in education.

Walker is making the same mistake Bush made in 2001,

cutting taxes instead of paying down long term debt.

I agree. Surpluses should always be used to pay down debt.

Why? It is bad policy normally. Cutting taxes will stimulate growth. Paying down the debt won't.

Now wait a minute, aren't you guys normally for austerity and think debt is the worst thing ever.

The problem with debt is- those debts were incurred. They have to be paid off.

And, no, tax cuts don't stimulate growth. That's a fallacy.

The soon to be indicted (liberals tell us this) Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker announced a plan for returning almost a billion dollars to the taxpayers.

Give the surplus back to Wisconsin taxpayers

How much this must hurt the liberals and the collective bargaining unions.

Kind of depends.

How much more will Wisconsin's schools suck because they are underfunded.

How much will the quality of state services drop?

I mean, I have property in Wisconsin, I'll happily take the tax cut even though I don't live there.

Since the state doesn't have to buy from union run insurance companies, that save the state millions.

Who said they are underfunded? Has the quality of state services dropped?

Glad you are saving money under Scott (soon to be indicted) Walker. It must piss you off the state is doing well.

Walker is making the same mistake Bush made in 2001,

cutting taxes instead of paying down long term debt.

Why? It is bad policy normally. Cutting taxes will stimulate growth. Paying down the debt won't.

*facepalm*

Okay, let's cut all federal taxes to zero. It'll stimulate growth. And then, we'll just borrow money to pay for everything. It'll be fine, debt doesn't have any negative effect on the economy. It doesn't hinder growth in the slightest.

•According to NCSL, Wisconsin was among 23 states and the District of Columbia that saw taxpayer’s personal income tax collections exceed their latest estimate.
•We are also above estimates in sales tax collections for fiscal 2014.
•Wisconsin is the only Midwestern state expected to exceed revenue estimates in the current fiscal year.
•Our state is projecting revenue growth in fiscal 2014 exceeding 4 percent.
•Among all categories, Wisconsin is poised to exceed personal income tax collections, sales tax collections in fiscal 2014 and has seen revenue growth in 2013 and 2014.

There's a lot of good news in Wisconsin's economy and for taxpayers « Watchdog.org

Poor Joe.

I thought the Obama economy was destroying the nation.

Poor Carb, is that the best you've got?

So you concede that the Obama economy is doing quite well. Now shut up.

*facepalm*

Okay, let's cut all federal taxes to zero. It'll stimulate growth. And then, we'll just borrow money to pay for everything. It'll be fine, debt doesn't have any negative effect on the economy. It doesn't hinder growth in the slightest.
Do you know the difference between pie-in-the-sky, feel good spending for the purpose of getting elected, versus essential spending to meet enumerated mandates?

Because your outburst there tells Me you don't.

Last edited:
Poor Carb, is that the best you've got?

Again with the wit?

Ouch, stop...it hurts....

Here lets ask you a question about economics....

How does what Scott Walker is doing in Wisconsin FIT the Keynesian model?

You don't cut taxes when your economy is doing well. You use the increased revenue to pay down debt, or set aside revenue in a rainy day fund or the like, IOW,

prepare for the inevitable end of the good times.

I love how Scott (soon to be indicted) Walker gets under the skin of the Democrats and proves their silly theories wrong.

Funny how they bitch about things getting better in Wisconsin. Seems like the Democrats are the party of "no" in Wisconsin.

Now wait a minute, aren't you guys normally for austerity and think debt is the worst thing ever.

Conservatives only oppose borrow and spend when they're not in position to decide what the borrowing gets spent on.

I love how Scott (soon to be indicted) Walker gets under the skin of the Democrats and proves their silly theories wrong.

Funny how they bitch about things getting better in Wisconsin. Seems like the Democrats are the party of "no" in Wisconsin.

Things have gotten better all over the country.

*facepalm*

That isn't an argument.
Try again, Seymour.

No, you clearly don't know anything about conservative policy or economics. What a shock.
And they will be paid off. So what?
Of course tax cuts stimulate growth. You lower the price of something, you sell more of it, capiche?

Things have gotten better all over the country.

And Scott (soon to be indicted) Walker seems to have Wisconsin running better than other states. Six billion deficit into a billion surplus in three years, looks like the voters were right to stick with him.

No, you clearly don't know anything about conservative policy or economics. What a shock.
Of course tax cuts stimulate growth. You lower the price of something, you sell more of it, capiche?

And what is Joe going to do with the property tax cut he receives from Wisconsin? He will spend it and it will help stimulate the economy for growth.

Again with the wit?

Ouch, stop...it hurts....

Here lets ask you a question about economics....

How does what Scott Walker is doing in Wisconsin FIT the Keynesian model?

You don't cut taxes when your economy is doing well. You use the increased revenue to pay down debt, or set aside revenue in a rainy day fund or the like, IOW,

prepare for the inevitable end of the good times.

Answer the question kid.

And what is Joe going to do with the property tax cut he receives from Wisconsin? He will spend it and it will help stimulate the economy for growth.

He doesnt own property so it's a moot point. But if he did he would use it to buy his meds and would stop posting stupidity on this board. Another win for Walker!

I live in Wisconsin. My property taxes have gone up unlike promised. This may cover some of the increase but I don't imagine it will amount to much. As like the last 20 years in the state, I shall be abstaining from the governor election again. They are either tied to the unions or tied to big filthy corporate interests. Its a lose lose proposition. They should take my $22 and fix the roads in this state which are in rough shape.

Forum List

Back