Wisconsin Supreme Court Election

Personally, I think a whooooole lot of faith is being entrusted to that one 80 year old twitching like a caught carp woman of a single democrat who vouched, but -- I am in no position to say how loyal she is to the party. Or how honest or dishonest she is.

I don't think any of us are.

That is funny, because my first thought was that she probably doesn't even know how to turn on a computer let alone create a simple formula on a spreadsheet.

Immie
:lol:

She looked like programming a Mr. Coffee machine would have confused her for days.

But...as I said, none of us know.

This is what bugs me a whole lot:

The news reports from the day in the county in question noted it "doesn't seem to be that busy."

>>>>"In Waukesha, which, unlike many of the state's other large cities, does not have a contested county executive race on the ballot, Deputy Clerk Gina Kozlik said returns are high in a contested city aldermanic district, but "everything else doesn't seem to be that busy."
>>>>>20-25% Turnout.

Other real time reports (I read them earlier but can't locate them now)
from that county said turnout was not that high throughout the day. Nothing special. There were no other major races, and first hand accounts of lined-up voters or anything like that...like we had in other counties where it was high.

Then, amazingly we learn the turnout was a whopping 48% (that's stunning) - with the newfound votes that is.

I'm still not making any charges. It could very well be legit, but something is smelly here.

Last edited:
I'm conservative. I'm not loving this. If she made an honest mistake I don't think she should step down or be removed from her position. If she is involved in an attempt to defraud the people of Wisconsin, I think she should be on the next plane to someplace that does not extradite to the US.

Immie
Are you aware, Immie, of how many times this woman has had similar fuck ups and other "Oooops" just human error mistakes where she was in a position to change election results and then went, Oh my <hand to face wave> I ah musta just skaroooed up. Silly me.

Here's one: (note the date): Officials dispute reliability of Waukesha County clerk's election data system - JSOnline

Here's another -from 2005. I have more: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Google News Archive Search

Sorry, but if I could (with a straight face) say that I had only made one screw up in my career, I might feel comfortable agreeing with you. I can't so I don't.

Also, from my review of this matter, she found and corrected the error even before the votes were certified. That being the case, in my opinion, she caught the error in time and did the right thing.

Immie
Democracy does not hinge on your screw ups, does it Immie?

Last edited:
Personally, I think a whooooole lot of faith is being entrusted to that one 80 year old twitching like a caught carp woman of a single democrat who vouched, but -- I am in no position to say how loyal she is to the party. Or how honest or dishonest she is.

That is funny, because my first thought was that she probably doesn't even know how to turn on a computer let alone create a simple formula on a spreadsheet.

Immie

She looked like programming a Mr. Coffee machine would have confused her for days.

But...as I said, none of us know.

This is what bugs me a whole lot:

The news reports from the day in the county in question noted it "doesn't seem to be that busy."

>>>>"In Waukesha, which, unlike many of the state's other large cities, does not have a contested county executive race on the ballot, Deputy Clerk Gina Kozlik said returns are high in a contested city aldermanic district, but "everything else doesn't seem to be that busy."
>>>>>20-25% Turnout.

Other real time reports (I read them earlier but can't locate them now)
from that county said turnout was not that high throughout the day. Nothing special. There were no other major races, and first hand accounts of lined-up voters or anything like that...like we had in other counties where it was high.

Then, amazingly we learn the turnout was a whopping 48% (that's stunning) - with the newfound votes that is.

I'm still not making any charges. It could very well be legit, but something is smelly here.

Yet, the poor woman is probably a computer genius! :lol:

I think just to be on the safe side, there needs to be a recount.

Immie

Are you aware, Immie, of how many times this woman has had similar fuck ups and other "Oooops" just human error mistakes where she was in a position to change election results and then went, Oh my <hand to face wave> I ah musta just skaroooed up. Silly me.

Here's one: (note the date): Officials dispute reliability of Waukesha County clerk's election data system - JSOnline

Here's another -from 2005. I have more: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Google News Archive Search

Sorry, but if I could (with a straight face) say that I had only made one screw up in my career, I might feel comfortable agreeing with you. I can't so I don't.

Also, from my review of this matter, she found and corrected the error even before the votes were certified. That being the case, in my opinion, she caught the error in time and did the right thing.

Immie

Oh Lord! I hope not or we're in a world of hurt.

Immie

Immie

Oh Lord! I hope not or we're in a world of hurt.

Immie
And how!

The person who Fucked Up was the candidate who Declared Victory on a slim, uncertified margin.

Video: Hey, who&#8217;s up for more gloating over Prosser&#8217;s glorious Wisconsin victory? « Hot Air

Prosser himself, ironically, seems to be the only Republican in America who isn’t high-fiving people in the street today over the ballot windfall in Waukesha. Quote: “I’m not conceding, and I’m not congratulating. And I’m not claiming victory.” How … judicious.
A political analyst at the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel crunched the turnout numbers and found that the new data is more in line with traditional Waukesha turnout models than the original erroneous data from election night. Nate Silver, performing an even more thorough analysis, found the same thing. His conclusion:

Vote-Counting Error In Wisconsin Points to Incompetence, Not Conspiracy - NYTimes.com

f you want to allege that there’s a conspiracy afoot, the statistical evidence tends to work against you. Waukesha County’s revised turnout figures are pretty normal for Waukesha County, a wealthy, white suburban county that usually votes at high rates, whereas its original figures were at the low end of reasonable expectations, given the way the rest of the state voted.

Also of note is that the number of votes that Ms. Nickolaus says she failed to count in Brookfield, amounting to 11 percent of the county total, is in line with the proportion Brookfield normally represents: the city supplied 11 percent of Waukesha County’s total vote in both the 2008 and 2010 general elections.

If this was a conspiracy, it was one executed with an extraordinarily high degree of cunning and competence. I’m more inclined to think that Ms. Nickolaus, who has drawn complaints for her sloppy management practices in the past, is no savvier than she seems.

My view: Occam's razor strikes again. By Christmas all "Did Prosser really win in Wisconsin?" threads will be properly placed in the "conspiracy theory" forums.

I like Nate. Generally trust him. Don't discount him here....but I don't know if he read the accounts of the "it's not that busy here" real-time reporting of the poll stations in that county. That matters to me some

Still. I won't freak out like publicans do when things smell funny. I'm just noting them. could be nothing here.

But I wonder how many republicans can HONESTLY say, if the results, situation were reversed, would they be so accepting of the results?

HONESTLY.

HONESTLY?

I don't think so. We've seen how they roll.

Ageism, the new liberal ism!!!!

Mean one, two , three, four fuck ups?

How many should it take?
Should liberals be precluded from voting? I mean, look at 2008, you sure fucked that one up.

what an ass hole you are .
you'd rather have a dotty old fart and an idiot from Alaska ? wow you really hate this country

Are you assuming conservatives would have voted for McCain/Palin?

I would not have... um, I did not, but then neither did I vote for Obama/Biden.

Immie

PoINT Blank:

Any of you conservatives who are loving this -- think that election official should step down?

I'm conservative. I'm not loving this. If she made an honest mistake I don't think she should step down or be removed from her position. If she is involved in an attempt to defraud the people of Wisconsin, I think she should be on the next plane to someplace that does not extradite to the US.

Immie

Must have been pretty slim pickens cause all you linked to was a pissing contest between her and an adminstrator about whether or not taking her system off line from the county system was a good idea, and the printing of sample ballots to run in newspaper ads... pfft

Pretty weak stuff.

Mean one, two , three, four fuck ups?

How many should it take?
Should liberals be precluded from voting? I mean, look at 2008, you sure fucked that one up.

what an ass hole you are .
you'd rather have a dotty old fart and an idiot from Alaska ? wow you really hate this country
Goofy and Donald Duck would be better than the incompetant, naive, moron who currently occupies the WH. Asshole.

All I can say about Ben is, I'm happy he's here at USMB and that he recovered from that nasty syphilis bout.

Congrats to you on that Mr. Natuf. :clap2:
Have the dug all the microbes out of your ass?
See what that disease does? can't even speak English.
You better get back to the health department, it seems to be working its way from your ass to your brain... then again, how can they tell the difference?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back