Wish Kasich would just switch parties and get it over with

I WAS a Kasich supporter. I supported him for his reelection as Governor, and I supported him for his presidential bid. But now I regret and am even ashamed that I did.

Besides his childish behavior during the primaries, he not only went back on his word to support whoever the Republican nominee might be, he also didn't attend the RNC held by his own party in his very own state. Afterwards had nothing kind to say about our new President. But now he's gone off the deep end.

Gov. John Kasich blasts President Donald Trump, invites immigrant 'Dreamers' to Ohio

Who does this clown think he is anyway? Does he now believe he's the king of Ohio where he can say "And, by the way, if the Dreamers want to go somewhere and live? Come to Ohio. We want all the immigrants to come to Ohio, because we know how much they contribute to America."

Who is this "we" that he's talking about here? There is no "we" that feels this way, there is you and speak for yourself! I would expect a statement like this out of California, Massachusetts or New York, but not out of my state of Ohio.

Kasich is finished as Governor because he can only serve two terms; not that he would get reelected again anyway, but I seriously doubt he will just go away. If he runs for any other public office, he should just switch to the Democrat party first and get it over with. After all, Republicans have no use for this guy anymore, and so it seems, Democrat voters really like him. Now I can understand why. He's petulant, feels he's entitled, thinks like a liberal, and has little in the way of integrity.
Kasich obviously doesn't like Trump or agree with his style of governing. I hear him being both critical and complimentary of Trump in his recent interviews. What are you looking for? Blind faith and blind support? I appreciate a guy that stands by his morals and principles and can be objective while call things for what they are.

I don't see it that way. I see it as a bitter sore loser looking for revenge just like McCain.

It's not Trump's style of governing, it's Trump period. It started long before Trump signed is first executive order.

As I pointed out, Kasich is so petulant that he didn't even bother to stop by the RNC held in his very own state. That had nothing to do with Trump's governing. Hell, even the Democrat Mayor had some kind words for the Republicans when they came to his city. It's just adult mutual respect.

But his beef with Trump aside, WTF does this guy get the balls to put out a blanket invitation to illegals in this country to come to our state? We have enough problems for crying out loud. I'm much more pissed about that than I am with his nonsense with Trump.
In my opinion, the problems that Kasich had with Trump during the campaign were the same as many peoples concerns, and yes it has to do with the type of guy Trump is. I don't think Kasich ever expected to win so his anger isn't butthurt, I just think he truly objects to the character, actions, and tactics that Trump resorts to. The TMZ video and the way he spoke about women, the continuous lies and distortions he tells to manipulate the truth. The petty bullying and name calling that he brands his opponents with... I know Trump supporters love this stuff, but there are many people that are turned off by it. It makes him a villain of sorts and the type of person many want nothing to do with. This is why he is so polarizing. Despite Kasichs obvious objections to Trumps character and management style, he still complements him and defends him for actions that Kasich agrees with, he is being objective in his analysis of Trumps actions despite his objections to the man.

So, what you guys are really saying is Conservatives don't really control all those state houses or the senate or the House?

No. We're saying you only control governorships in 15 states and only have
total legislative control of 5 states.

But you guys constantly tell us about all those RINOs who might as well be liberal Democrats.

Actually, we keep telling you that you've lost over 1,040 seats of
government since Zero took over.

We maybe electing far right folks, tea party folks, moderates, even populists
but nobody except those loons on the West Coast are electing dems.

Nothing personal you understand...but y'all bruise too easily.

The numbers don't look so bad for the Democrats when you add up all the RINO's like Kasich though, do they?

Funny we have had a republican controlled congress for many years. We have had a completely republican government for many months. Yet the debt ceiling is going to be increased and they are demanding to spend more on a wall. Wake up already.

The wall would cost anywhere from 10 to 30 billion dollars depending on what figures you use. It's a one time expense that will pay for itself eventually by not having to hire more border agents, supporting these illegals, not having to conduct court hearings to deport them, and medical expenses we have to pay for.

In contrast, we spent over 70 billion dollars on food stamps in 2016, and even more per year during the previous years.

So even if we spent half of what we spend on food stamps in one year for a wall, it would be the best wall with the latest technologies. It's called an investment.

Ok so repubs are increasing spending on a wall we don't need. Supposedly immigration is already way down right? I think the economy would be better served by hiring more border agents than building a wall btw. And I sure don't see them doing anything about this food stamp spending you are talking about. So yes, they are INCREASING spending. Amazing they blatantly spend and dopes like you are blind to it.

No, you are blind. Ever since Republicans took leadership of Congress and most of the governorships in states, food stamp spending did decrease. If you don't believe me, look up Maine's food stamp requirements or Georgia.

Not needing a wall is the leftist opinion. We on the right believe the exact opposite. Our border agents side with the Republicans idea of a wall. That's why (for the first time) they actually endorsed a Republican presidential candidate. I think they know more about what we need to control immigration than you do.

Democrats and RINO's are stopping us from spending unnecessary money. We don't need to fund Planned Parenthood. We don't need to fund PBS or NPR. We don't need to fund Commie Care. If we had the power to stop funding for all this nonsense, we could build a wall on every border in our country and still have money left over.

Yes you on the right believe we need to spend more and increase the debt ceiling. If you decreased anything like you claim we wouldn't be increasing the debt ceiling AGAIN. That is reality and I can see it very clearly. Yes the border agents want to make their job easier? Shocking. I keep hearing immigration is already down, we don't need more spending.

Yes it is down, but that doesn't mean it stopped. You can never do enough.

Sure it makes the agents job easier, so ask yourself, why would it be easier? Well..... because it makes it harder for illegals to get here.

Debt is something that carries on for years and years and sometimes decades. Some spending now may not be repaid or funded for another 15 years. And then, they (who are in power) will have to increase the debt ceiling again.

If we could remove all Democrat power, we may be able to avoid other debt ceiling increases in the future regardless who is in charge. That's why we need to seriously cut spending today.

Bush had a GOP Congress for 6 years, how'd that debt thing work out then?

The wall would cost anywhere from 10 to 30 billion dollars depending on what figures you use. It's a one time expense that will pay for itself eventually by not having to hire more border agents, supporting these illegals, not having to conduct court hearings to deport them, and medical expenses we have to pay for.

In contrast, we spent over 70 billion dollars on food stamps in 2016, and even more per year during the previous years.

So even if we spent half of what we spend on food stamps in one year for a wall, it would be the best wall with the latest technologies. It's called an investment.

Ok so repubs are increasing spending on a wall we don't need. Supposedly immigration is already way down right? I think the economy would be better served by hiring more border agents than building a wall btw. And I sure don't see them doing anything about this food stamp spending you are talking about. So yes, they are INCREASING spending. Amazing they blatantly spend and dopes like you are blind to it.

No, you are blind. Ever since Republicans took leadership of Congress and most of the governorships in states, food stamp spending did decrease. If you don't believe me, look up Maine's food stamp requirements or Georgia.

Not needing a wall is the leftist opinion. We on the right believe the exact opposite. Our border agents side with the Republicans idea of a wall. That's why (for the first time) they actually endorsed a Republican presidential candidate. I think they know more about what we need to control immigration than you do.

Democrats and RINO's are stopping us from spending unnecessary money. We don't need to fund Planned Parenthood. We don't need to fund PBS or NPR. We don't need to fund Commie Care. If we had the power to stop funding for all this nonsense, we could build a wall on every border in our country and still have money left over.

Yes you on the right believe we need to spend more and increase the debt ceiling. If you decreased anything like you claim we wouldn't be increasing the debt ceiling AGAIN. That is reality and I can see it very clearly. Yes the border agents want to make their job easier? Shocking. I keep hearing immigration is already down, we don't need more spending.

Sure it makes the agents job easier, so ask yourself, why would it be easier? Well..... because it makes it harder for illegals to get here.

Debt is something that carries on for years and years and sometimes decades. Some spending now may not be repaid or funded for another 15 years. And then, they (who are in power) will have to increase the debt ceiling again.

If we could remove all Democrat power, we may be able to avoid other debt ceiling increases in the future regardless who is in charge. That's why we need to seriously cut spending today.

Better than Obama, but one of the reasons we quit supporting them is because they started to act like Democrats.

I WAS a Kasich supporter. I supported him for his reelection as Governor, and I supported him for his presidential bid. But now I regret and am even ashamed that I did.

Besides his childish behavior during the primaries, he not only went back on his word to support whoever the Republican nominee might be, he also didn't attend the RNC held by his own party in his very own state. Afterwards had nothing kind to say about our new President. But now he's gone off the deep end.

Gov. John Kasich blasts President Donald Trump, invites immigrant 'Dreamers' to Ohio

Who does this clown think he is anyway? Does he now believe he's the king of Ohio where he can say "And, by the way, if the Dreamers want to go somewhere and live? Come to Ohio. We want all the immigrants to come to Ohio, because we know how much they contribute to America."

Who is this "we" that he's talking about here? There is no "we" that feels this way, there is you and speak for yourself! I would expect a statement like this out of California, Massachusetts or New York, but not out of my state of Ohio.

Kasich is finished as Governor because he can only serve two terms; not that he would get reelected again anyway, but I seriously doubt he will just go away. If he runs for any other public office, he should just switch to the Democrat party first and get it over with. After all, Republicans have no use for this guy anymore, and so it seems, Democrat voters really like him. Now I can understand why. He's petulant, feels he's entitled, thinks like a liberal, and has little in the way of integrity.
Kasich obviously doesn't like Trump or agree with his style of governing. I hear him being both critical and complimentary of Trump in his recent interviews. What are you looking for? Blind faith and blind support? I appreciate a guy that stands by his morals and principles and can be objective while call things for what they are.

I don't see it that way. I see it as a bitter sore loser looking for revenge just like McCain.

It's not Trump's style of governing, it's Trump period. It started long before Trump signed is first executive order.

As I pointed out, Kasich is so petulant that he didn't even bother to stop by the RNC held in his very own state. That had nothing to do with Trump's governing. Hell, even the Democrat Mayor had some kind words for the Republicans when they came to his city. It's just adult mutual respect.

But his beef with Trump aside, WTF does this guy get the balls to put out a blanket invitation to illegals in this country to come to our state? We have enough problems for crying out loud. I'm much more pissed about that than I am with his nonsense with Trump.
In my opinion, the problems that Kasich had with Trump during the campaign were the same as many peoples concerns, and yes it has to do with the type of guy Trump is. I don't think Kasich ever expected to win so his anger isn't butthurt, I just think he truly objects to the character, actions, and tactics that Trump resorts to. The TMZ video and the way he spoke about women, the continuous lies and distortions he tells to manipulate the truth. The petty bullying and name calling that he brands his opponents with... I know Trump supporters love this stuff, but there are many people that are turned off by it. It makes him a villain of sorts and the type of person many want nothing to do with. This is why he is so polarizing. Despite Kasichs obvious objections to Trumps character and management style, he still complements him and defends him for actions that Kasich agrees with, he is being objective in his analysis of Trumps actions despite his objections to the man.

It is personal with Kasich because Trump is a rough customer to deal with and Kasich didn't like the way Trump dealt with him. But as you pointed out, that's the way Trump dealt with just about everybody in the primary. Look......this is politics and that's the way it works. It's all a show and there really is nothing personal about it. Trump did what he felt he had to do to win and it worked.

Nobody held that long of a grudge than Kasich. It's still bothering him even though he didn't stand a chance in hell at getting the nomination even if Trump wasn't there. The guy just can't let go.

A PERFECT example of why PR is necessary in the modern era. There are just too many different political positions to fit into an outdated two party system.

No, not really. That's why we are sick of moderates in our party. Get them out of there.

A PERFECT example of why PR is necessary in the modern era. There are just too many different political positions to fit into an outdated two party system.

No, not really. That's why we are sick of moderates in our party. Get them out of there.

And where are they supposed to go?

You want a party which has certain characteristics. Other Republicans want a party with other characteristics. Why are you both in the same party?

In the UK you have the Conservative Party. They are like the Republicans. The UK has FPTP. But then you have UKIP who were the party for the simple loving Conservatives. The one who think everything can be solved by doing something simple. Like leaving the EU. So the party exists. In the US it's impossible.

In Germany they have the CDU, they have Alternative For Germany, they have the FPD too. Three choices of parties who could, potentially, be a part of the governing coalition next month. Three choices. In the US there is one choice.

"choice is freedom", it's a quote and you know who from.

He has always been a spineless progressive, his voting record proves it. No two ways about it

You need to respect capitalism. By definition the government needs to stay out. You want government picking winners and losers. You want the companies doing the most lobbying to be the most successful. So clearly repubs aren't about capitalism or the free market. And with years of a republican congress we are increasing the debt ceiling. So much for fiscal responsibility.

Increasing the debt ceiling is not about spending more money, it's about funding of money already spent. You know, things like Commie Care, doubling the food stamp role, cash for clunkers, the Pork Bill............

If your wife goes on a shopping spree, and you don't pay the bill because you are so upset with her, what happens to your credit rating?

Funny we have had a republican controlled congress for many years. We have had a completely republican government for many months. Yet the debt ceiling is going to be increased and they are demanding to spend more on a wall. Wake up already.

Is Mexico going to pay for it as promised?:420:

Republicans do control everything and they are SPENDING. You sure are blind.

Better than Obama, but one of the reasons we quit supporting them is because they started to act like Democrats.

Bush ruined a balanced budget....

I don't think your party knows what it wants. You can't even pretend to be good Christians after electing a guy on his 3rd wife. You are good with raising debt ceiling. You sure aren't for capitalism.

So you want a pro-2nd amendment guy who wants to defund Planned Parenthood and lower Social Security benefits to become a Democrat and be welcome there, only because he's not as super bat-shit right-wing crazy as you are?

No.

So you want a pro-2nd amendment guy who wants to defund Planned Parenthood and lower Social Security benefits to become a Democrat and be welcome there, only because he's not as super bat-shit right-wing crazy as you are?

No.

It seems like hating hispanics is the only thing the crazy right agree on. Kasich doesn't have enough hate.

And where are they supposed to go?

You want a party which has certain characteristics. Other Republicans want a party with other characteristics. Why are you both in the same party?

In the UK you have the Conservative Party. They are like the Republicans. The UK has FPTP. But then you have UKIP who were the party for the simple loving Conservatives. The one who think everything can be solved by doing something simple. Like leaving the EU. So the party exists. In the US it's impossible.

In Germany they have the CDU, they have Alternative For Germany, they have the FPD too. Three choices of parties who could, potentially, be a part of the governing coalition next month. Three choices. In the US there is one choice.

"choice is freedom", it's a quote and you know who from.

Well as I said, if you think Europe is so great, move to Europe. If you want to stay here, don't complain how we do things. Instead, start a third party yourself. Because government doesn't create parties, citizens do.

As for RINOs, let them join the Democrat party. After all, that's all they are anyhow. So McCain should switch parties, Kasich should switch parties, let them all leave because we don't need two Democrat parties, and some would make the case we don't even need one.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Increasing the debt ceiling is not about spending more money, it's about funding of money already spent. You know, things like Commie Care, doubling the food stamp role, cash for clunkers, the Pork Bill............

If your wife goes on a shopping spree, and you don't pay the bill because you are so upset with her, what happens to your credit rating?

Is Mexico going to pay for it as promised?:420:

Don't know. We are not even near that point yet. The Democrats threaded to shut down the government if we tried.

It is personal with Kasich because Trump is a rough customer to deal with and Kasich didn't like the way Trump dealt with him. But as you pointed out, that's the way Trump dealt with just about everybody in the primary. Look......this is politics and that's the way it works. It's all a show and there really is nothing personal about it. Trump did what he felt he had to do to win and it worked.

Nobody held that long of a grudge than Kasich. It's still bothering him even though he didn't stand a chance in hell at getting the nomination even if Trump wasn't there. The guy just can't let go.
That may be true, yet he still compliments and defends Trump on national TV. He is also critical of him which is the part I'm guessing you don't like. Kasich has always ran on unifying the parties and working on partisan solutions. Trumps rhetoric is largely counter to those efforts and they flame the divide and polarization. It shouldn't be shocking that people like kasich are frustrated.

I understand why you disagree with kasich, you support Trump, but you should be able to acknowledge and perhaps respect the fact that kasich is standing by his principles.

No.

Well then I guess nobody wants him and maybe he should get out of politics. The less people like him in politics, the better.

No.

Well then I guess nobody wants him and maybe he should get out of politics. The less people like him in politics, the better.

So we need less people who seem to get things done and more trumps who get nothing done. Funny.

Forum List

Back