Wish Kasich would just switch parties and get it over with

I wish all the Republicans that are too moderate for the far right to tolerate would switch parties.

The republican party is now a far right extremist party. The election of Trump and posts like this dressing down Kasich because he isn't an extremist prove it.

It's all there Ray, it's quite simple.

What's all there? The only thing that's there is voters don't vote third party. It's that simple. A third party stands no chance and every voter wants their vote to count. If you vote a third party, you might as well not even bother to vote at all; a waste of time.

The rest of country doesn't want a third party? Amazing Ray, amazing argument. How do they know they don't want a third party?

Uhhhhh, because we do have third parties and nobody votes for them??????

The Libertarian Party is a joke, well, why? This is the whole point of what we're talking about. They're a joke because the system doesn't allow them a way in. None of them are ever mentioned in election results.

There is no controlling system that you speak of. If there is, please explain what that system is that I'm totally unaware of.

The truth about voting is we seldom vote for a candidate; we vote to keep the other candidate out. So if you throw your vote away on a third party candidate, you actually usher in the candidate you didn't want.

Liberals are using one of their many excuses why Hil-Liar lost, and that is votes were taken from her by a third party candidate. Voters who were sick of the Dem party and wanted to send a message to them that voted third party are now regretting it because their vote was responsible for the Trump presidency. See how it works now?

And if YOU actually did something about it and started your own third party, it would be met with the same results; not because of the system, not because of the two power parties, but because people don't want to throw away their vote on your party candidate.

Okay Ray, let's try this. Why don't people vote for a third party? Is it because they don't want a third party, or is it because the system doesn't allow for it?

I've told you before, under the German system where they vote FPTP and PR on the same day, 10% of people switch their votes from the large parties under FPTP to smaller parties under PR. Why is that? Is it that they don't want a third party? No, it's the when you have a FPTP type system, you think "only these two stand a chance of winning, I don't want that one to win, so I'm going to vote for this one instead, even though I don't like them that much", but under PR they're like "hey, I like this party, I'll vote for them"

FPTP encourages NEGATIVE voting. PR encourages POSITIVE voting.

Exclusive: Top reason Americans will vote for Trump: 'To stop Clinton' - poll

"Exclusive: Top reason Americans will vote for Trump: 'To stop Clinton' - poll"

"Nearly half of American voters who support either Democrat Hillary Clinton or Republican Donald Trump for the White House said they will mainly be trying to block the other side from winning, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released Thursday."

This isn't a case of people just voting who they wanted to vote for. People didn't want to vote Hillary or Trump in the US election. They'd have prefered someone else, but they got to choose who the people in the parties wanted to choose and felt they had no choice but to choose which one they didn't want.

And you've just given the BIGGEST reason for having PR, people feel that a 3rd party vote is a waste of time. In Germany this isn't the case, in almost all countries with PR this isn't the case. You have PR, you don't have to feel a vote for a 3rd party is a waste of time.

I would sure like to vote for another party.

Like I have been saying, the Republicans sold out their souls. The "Christian" right just elected a guy on his 3rd marriage. Years into a repub congress and they are raising the debt ceiling AGAIN. They are supporting corporate welfare and hosing the tax payer. It is a sad state of affairs. I think hating hispanics is all they agree on. And that's just the new scapegoat now that unions are mostly gone. So much for all the greatness we were going to have when unions were gone. Now if only we can get rid of those hispanics. Just more scapegoating while they ignore their policies don't work.

The republican party is now a far right extremist party. The election of Trump and posts like this dressing down Kasich because he isn't an extremist prove it.
It's a damn shame the parties have been hijacked. We're seeing the predictable result of that, pretty much everywhere.

What's all there? The only thing that's there is voters don't vote third party. It's that simple. A third party stands no chance and every voter wants their vote to count. If you vote a third party, you might as well not even bother to vote at all; a waste of time.

The rest of country doesn't want a third party? Amazing Ray, amazing argument. How do they know they don't want a third party?

The Libertarian Party is a joke, well, why? This is the whole point of what we're talking about. They're a joke because the system doesn't allow them a way in. None of them are ever mentioned in election results.

There is no controlling system that you speak of. If there is, please explain what that system is that I'm totally unaware of.

The truth about voting is we seldom vote for a candidate; we vote to keep the other candidate out. So if you throw your vote away on a third party candidate, you actually usher in the candidate you didn't want.

Liberals are using one of their many excuses why Hil-Liar lost, and that is votes were taken from her by a third party candidate. Voters who were sick of the Dem party and wanted to send a message to them that voted third party are now regretting it because their vote was responsible for the Trump presidency. See how it works now?

And if YOU actually did something about it and started your own third party, it would be met with the same results; not because of the system, not because of the two power parties, but because people don't want to throw away their vote on your party candidate.

Okay Ray, let's try this. Why don't people vote for a third party? Is it because they don't want a third party, or is it because the system doesn't allow for it?

I've told you before, under the German system where they vote FPTP and PR on the same day, 10% of people switch their votes from the large parties under FPTP to smaller parties under PR. Why is that? Is it that they don't want a third party? No, it's the when you have a FPTP type system, you think "only these two stand a chance of winning, I don't want that one to win, so I'm going to vote for this one instead, even though I don't like them that much", but under PR they're like "hey, I like this party, I'll vote for them"

"Nearly half of American voters who support either Democrat Hillary Clinton or Republican Donald Trump for the White House said they will mainly be trying to block the other side from winning, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released Thursday."

This isn't a case of people just voting who they wanted to vote for. People didn't want to vote Hillary or Trump in the US election. They'd have prefered someone else, but they got to choose who the people in the parties wanted to choose and felt they had no choice but to choose which one they didn't want.

And you've just given the BIGGEST reason for having PR, people feel that a 3rd party vote is a waste of time. In Germany this isn't the case, in almost all countries with PR this isn't the case. You have PR, you don't have to feel a vote for a 3rd party is a waste of time.

Like I have been saying, the Republicans sold out their souls. The "Christian" right just elected a guy on his 3rd marriage. Years into a repub congress and they are raising the debt ceiling AGAIN. They are supporting corporate welfare and hosing the tax payer. It is a sad state of affairs. I think hating hispanics is all they agree on. And that's just the new scapegoat now that unions are mostly gone. So much for all the greatness we were going to have when unions were gone. Now if only we can get rid of those hispanics. Just more scapegoating while they ignore their policies don't work.
I keep finding myself saying, "okay, this has to be it, this has to be that point where both parties have become so repulsive that AT LEAST one new viable, national party has to emerge".

I'm beginning to run out of hope for that. We just keep allowing this to go on.

No one should listen to anything an evangelical or republican has to say about "morality". Hypocrites, propagandists, and fakes.

I keep finding myself saying, "okay, this has to be it, this has to be that point where both parties have become so repulsive that AT LEAST one new viable, national party has to emerge".

There is hope:
GOP senator: Bipartisan health care bill in 10 days - CNNPolitics
The problem is the far right.

There is hope:
I know, it's always the other side's fault.

And there's the problem.

There is hope:

And there's the problem.
Cmon man. Only one side is holding up fixing this.

There is hope:

And there's the problem.
Regarding health care? Yes, agreed.

But big picture? No. This division, this mess, is a team effort.

There is hope:

And there's the problem.

Well at least you seem to agree the the far right is obstructing fixing health care. What is the left obstructing?

There is hope:

And there's the problem.

Well at least you seem to agree the the far right is obstructing fixing health care. What is the left obstructing?
I can see where this is going. You're trying to bend the conversation to obstruction, when that was never my point.

Clearly, your ideology is going to stop you from exercising any serious critical examination of the Left.

That's fine, I get this from both sides, which is the point of the first sentence in my sig.

You would have much more fun doing this with a right winger. I'm not very good at it.

And there's the problem.

I can see where this is going. You're trying to bend the conversation to obstruction, when that was never my point.

Clearly, your ideology is going to stop you from exercising any serious critical examination of the Left.

That's fine, I get this from both sides, which is the point of the first sentence in my sig.

You would have much more fun doing this with a right winger. I'm not very good at it.
You couldn't answer my question and deferred to a bunch of bullshit painting me as partisan. Fuck off.

And there's the problem.

You couldn't answer my question and deferred to a bunch of bullshit painting me as partisan. Fuck off.
:laugh:

Yes, I'm sure you're right.

No, you are blind. Ever since Republicans took leadership of Congress and most of the governorships in states, food stamp spending did decrease. If you don't believe me, look up Maine's food stamp requirements or Georgia.

Not needing a wall is the leftist opinion. We on the right believe the exact opposite. Our border agents side with the Republicans idea of a wall. That's why (for the first time) they actually endorsed a Republican presidential candidate. I think they know more about what we need to control immigration than you do.

Democrats and RINO's are stopping us from spending unnecessary money. We don't need to fund Planned Parenthood. We don't need to fund PBS or NPR. We don't need to fund Commie Care. If we had the power to stop funding for all this nonsense, we could build a wall on every border in our country and still have money left over.

Yes you on the right believe we need to spend more and increase the debt ceiling. If you decreased anything like you claim we wouldn't be increasing the debt ceiling AGAIN. That is reality and I can see it very clearly. Yes the border agents want to make their job easier? Shocking. I keep hearing immigration is already down, we don't need more spending.

Yes it is down, but that doesn't mean it stopped. You can never do enough.

Sure it makes the agents job easier, so ask yourself, why would it be easier? Well..... because it makes it harder for illegals to get here.

Debt is something that carries on for years and years and sometimes decades. Some spending now may not be repaid or funded for another 15 years. And then, they (who are in power) will have to increase the debt ceiling again.

If we could remove all Democrat power, we may be able to avoid other debt ceiling increases in the future regardless who is in charge. That's why we need to seriously cut spending today.

Bush had a GOP Congress for 6 years, how'd that debt thing work out then?

Better than Obama, but one of the reasons we quit supporting them is because they started to act like Democrats.

Bush ruined a balanced budget....
:lmao:
Congress controls the purse strings...

And along with Bush they were/are all career politicians. Jack weed

There is hope:

And there's the problem.

Both are to blame, but I do give more blame to those in control right now.

Yes you on the right believe we need to spend more and increase the debt ceiling. If you decreased anything like you claim we wouldn't be increasing the debt ceiling AGAIN. That is reality and I can see it very clearly. Yes the border agents want to make their job easier? Shocking. I keep hearing immigration is already down, we don't need more spending.

Sure it makes the agents job easier, so ask yourself, why would it be easier? Well..... because it makes it harder for illegals to get here.

Debt is something that carries on for years and years and sometimes decades. Some spending now may not be repaid or funded for another 15 years. And then, they (who are in power) will have to increase the debt ceiling again.

If we could remove all Democrat power, we may be able to avoid other debt ceiling increases in the future regardless who is in charge. That's why we need to seriously cut spending today.

Better than Obama, but one of the reasons we quit supporting them is because they started to act like Democrats.

Yes so congress has been republican how long now? And the debt ceiling is increasing?

I WAS a Kasich supporter. I supported him for his reelection as Governor, and I supported him for his presidential bid. But now I regret and am even ashamed that I did.

Besides his childish behavior during the primaries, he not only went back on his word to support whoever the Republican nominee might be, he also didn't attend the RNC held by his own party in his very own state. Afterwards had nothing kind to say about our new President. But now he's gone off the deep end.

Gov. John Kasich blasts President Donald Trump, invites immigrant 'Dreamers' to Ohio

Who does this clown think he is anyway? Does he now believe he's the king of Ohio where he can say "And, by the way, if the Dreamers want to go somewhere and live? Come to Ohio. We want all the immigrants to come to Ohio, because we know how much they contribute to America."

Who is this "we" that he's talking about here? There is no "we" that feels this way, there is you and speak for yourself! I would expect a statement like this out of California, Massachusetts or New York, but not out of my state of Ohio.

Kasich is finished as Governor because he can only serve two terms; not that he would get reelected again anyway, but I seriously doubt he will just go away. If he runs for any other public office, he should just switch to the Democrat party first and get it over with. After all, Republicans have no use for this guy anymore, and so it seems, Democrat voters really like him. Now I can understand why. He's petulant, feels he's entitled, thinks like a liberal, and has little in the way of integrity.
I am also a Republican who refuses to support Trump. Trump is a thieving liar and a purely evil person. I am not going to support someone just because he recently taped an R at the end of his name so he could hoax the pseudocons for his personal gain. The man stood opposed to every conservative cause until he decided he had a better shot as a Republican.

Don't be one of those idiots who suffers from a serious false dichotomy. Don't assume if someone is opposed to Trump, they have to support Clinton and/or the Democrats.

Nope. Not even close.

Trump is the big supporter of the Clintons. Always has been. He's been their friend for a very long time, and even wished Hillary would be President one day.

It astounds me ANYONE could be fooled by this obviously blatant huckster, much less millions.

There are a lot more retards in this country than I realized.

A lot more.
Elections have consequences… Live with it

Yes so congress has been republican how long now? And the debt ceiling is increasing?
It's impossible to be a career politician and conservative at the same time… Fact

Forum List

Back