Wish Kasich would just switch parties and get it over with

I WAS a Kasich supporter. I supported him for his reelection as Governor, and I supported him for his presidential bid. But now I regret and am even ashamed that I did.

Besides his childish behavior during the primaries, he not only went back on his word to support whoever the Republican nominee might be, he also didn't attend the RNC held by his own party in his very own state. Afterwards had nothing kind to say about our new President. But now he's gone off the deep end.

Gov. John Kasich blasts President Donald Trump, invites immigrant 'Dreamers' to Ohio

Who does this clown think he is anyway? Does he now believe he's the king of Ohio where he can say "And, by the way, if the Dreamers want to go somewhere and live? Come to Ohio. We want all the immigrants to come to Ohio, because we know how much they contribute to America."

Who is this "we" that he's talking about here? There is no "we" that feels this way, there is you and speak for yourself! I would expect a statement like this out of California, Massachusetts or New York, but not out of my state of Ohio.

Kasich is finished as Governor because he can only serve two terms; not that he would get reelected again anyway, but I seriously doubt he will just go away. If he runs for any other public office, he should just switch to the Democrat party first and get it over with. After all, Republicans have no use for this guy anymore, and so it seems, Democrat voters really like him. Now I can understand why. He's petulant, feels he's entitled, thinks like a liberal, and has little in the way of integrity.

Kasich obviously doesn't like Trump or agree with his style of governing. I hear him being both critical and complimentary of Trump in his recent interviews. What are you looking for? Blind faith and blind support? I appreciate a guy that stands by his morals and principles and can be objective while call things for what they are.

I WAS a Kasich supporter. I supported him for his reelection as Governor, and I supported him for his presidential bid. But now I regret and am even ashamed that I did.

Besides his childish behavior during the primaries, he not only went back on his word to support whoever the Republican nominee might be, he also didn't attend the RNC held by his own party in his very own state. Afterwards had nothing kind to say about our new President. But now he's gone off the deep end.

Gov. John Kasich blasts President Donald Trump, invites immigrant 'Dreamers' to Ohio

Who does this clown think he is anyway? Does he now believe he's the king of Ohio where he can say "And, by the way, if the Dreamers want to go somewhere and live? Come to Ohio. We want all the immigrants to come to Ohio, because we know how much they contribute to America."

Who is this "we" that he's talking about here? There is no "we" that feels this way, there is you and speak for yourself! I would expect a statement like this out of California, Massachusetts or New York, but not out of my state of Ohio.

Kasich is finished as Governor because he can only serve two terms; not that he would get reelected again anyway, but I seriously doubt he will just go away. If he runs for any other public office, he should just switch to the Democrat party first and get it over with. After all, Republicans have no use for this guy anymore, and so it seems, Democrat voters really like him. Now I can understand why. He's petulant, feels he's entitled, thinks like a liberal, and has little in the way of integrity.

He needs to take mccain, graham, murkowski, flake, and snow with him.....

And they can have McConnell as a bonus. We Republicans can do without these RINO's in our party.

I don't think you guys have any clue what it is you want.

No...we know exactly what we want....and we know that these mopes are always a 60-40 proposition against......on a good day.

Do tell what it is you want.

Kasich obviously doesn't like Trump or agree with his style of governing. I hear him being both critical and complimentary of Trump in his recent interviews. What are you looking for? Blind faith and blind support? I appreciate a guy that stands by his morals and principles and can be objective while call things for what they are.

I don't see it that way. I see it as a bitter sore loser looking for revenge just like McCain.

It's not Trump's style of governing, it's Trump period. It started long before Trump signed is first executive order.

As I pointed out, Kasich is so petulant that he didn't even bother to stop by the RNC held in his very own state. That had nothing to do with Trump's governing. Hell, even the Democrat Mayor had some kind words for the Republicans when they came to his city. It's just adult mutual respect.

But his beef with Trump aside, WTF does this guy get the balls to put out a blanket invitation to illegals in this country to come to our state? We have enough problems for crying out loud. I'm much more pissed about that than I am with his nonsense with Trump.

My definition of self-righteous is someone who believes that they are ever so righteous, and they often take this to mean that they are beyond reproach. Kasich is reminiscent of this type of person; but I don't know that I put him in this category because I know he knows that he's a phony.

He definitely would have never made a statement like this before his reelection.

And they can have McConnell as a bonus. We Republicans can do without these RINO's in our party.

I'll tell you what we want: we want to get rid of the liberal Republicans in our party, that's what we want.

I'll tell you what we want: we want to get rid of the liberal Republicans in our party, that's what we want.

That tells me a whole lot of nothing. You aren't exactly the one for small government. Your sure like the gov messing around in our economy picking winners and losers. What is your end game? You want policy like Kansas that failed miserably? The party sure doesn't stand for smaller government anymore.

That tells me a whole lot of nothing. You aren't exactly the one for small government. Your sure like the gov messing around in our economy picking winners and losers. What is your end game? You want policy like Kansas that failed miserably? The party sure doesn't stand for smaller government anymore.

Correct, it doesn't, especially when we have RINO's like Kasich in the party.

You say I'm for big government, and you're the one that wants the feds to stop states from their right to taxation. Little government people respect the Constitution, not big government people.

So, what you guys are really saying is Conservatives don't really control all those state houses or the senate or the House?

No. We're saying you only control governorships in 15 states and only have
total legislative control of 5 states.

But you guys constantly tell us about all those RINOs who might as well be liberal Democrats.

You say I'm for big government, and you're the one that wants the feds to stop states from their right to taxation. Little government people respect the Constitution, not big government people.

You need to respect capitalism. By definition the government needs to stay out. You want government picking winners and losers. You want the companies doing the most lobbying to be the most successful. So clearly repubs aren't about capitalism or the free market. And with years of a republican congress we are increasing the debt ceiling. So much for fiscal responsibility.

You need to respect capitalism. By definition the government needs to stay out. You want government picking winners and losers. You want the companies doing the most lobbying to be the most successful. So clearly repubs aren't about capitalism or the free market. And with years of a republican congress we are increasing the debt ceiling. So much for fiscal responsibility.

Increasing the debt ceiling is not about spending more money, it's about funding of money already spent. You know, things like Commie Care, doubling the food stamp role, cash for clunkers, the Pork Bill............

If your wife goes on a shopping spree, and you don't pay the bill because you are so upset with her, what happens to your credit rating?

Increasing the debt ceiling is not about spending more money, it's about funding of money already spent. You know, things like Commie Care, doubling the food stamp role, cash for clunkers, the Pork Bill............

If your wife goes on a shopping spree, and you don't pay the bill because you are so upset with her, what happens to your credit rating?

Funny we have had a republican controlled congress for many years. We have had a completely republican government for many months. Yet the debt ceiling is going to be increased and they are demanding to spend more on a wall. Wake up already.

Kasich knows he's done in politics. He's rode his dads postal career as far as he can.

I hope so. I don't think I could stand to hear another one of his stories about "what he did" in the past. If he can't find people to advise him how to not be such a bore in a debate, I don't know who the hell he'd pick for his presidential cabinet.

At least he won Ohio....;)

CONTESTED+KASICH.jpg

Funny we have had a republican controlled congress for many years. We have had a completely republican government for many months. Yet the debt ceiling is going to be increased and they are demanding to spend more on a wall. Wake up already.

The wall would cost anywhere from 10 to 30 billion dollars depending on what figures you use. It's a one time expense that will pay for itself eventually by not having to hire more border agents, supporting these illegals, not having to conduct court hearings to deport them, and medical expenses we have to pay for.

In contrast, we spent over 70 billion dollars on food stamps in 2016, and even more per year during the previous years.

So even if we spent half of what we spend on food stamps in one year for a wall, it would be the best wall with the latest technologies. It's called an investment.

The wall would cost anywhere from 10 to 30 billion dollars depending on what figures you use. It's a one time expense that will pay for itself eventually by not having to hire more border agents, supporting these illegals, not having to conduct court hearings to deport them, and medical expenses we have to pay for.

In contrast, we spent over 70 billion dollars on food stamps in 2016, and even more per year during the previous years.

So even if we spent half of what we spend on food stamps in one year for a wall, it would be the best wall with the latest technologies. It's called an investment.

Ok so repubs are increasing spending on a wall we don't need. Supposedly immigration is already way down right? I think the economy would be better served by hiring more border agents than building a wall btw. And I sure don't see them doing anything about this food stamp spending you are talking about. So yes, they are INCREASING spending. Amazing they blatantly spend and dopes like you are blind to it.

I'd vote for him, but then I haven't paid too much attention to Ohio politics since I left there in '81 when home interest loans in the country were 21%. Policy wise I don't see him as that much different then Trump and we would have gotten Obamacare repealed avoiding Trump's lack of experience in getting legislation done.

Ok so repubs are increasing spending on a wall we don't need. Supposedly immigration is already way down right? I think the economy would be better served by hiring more border agents than building a wall btw. And I sure don't see them doing anything about this food stamp spending you are talking about. So yes, they are INCREASING spending. Amazing they blatantly spend and dopes like you are blind to it.

No, you are blind. Ever since Republicans took leadership of Congress and most of the governorships in states, food stamp spending did decrease. If you don't believe me, look up Maine's food stamp requirements or Georgia.

Not needing a wall is the leftist opinion. We on the right believe the exact opposite. Our border agents side with the Republicans idea of a wall. That's why (for the first time) they actually endorsed a Republican presidential candidate. I think they know more about what we need to control immigration than you do.

Democrats and RINO's are stopping us from spending unnecessary money. We don't need to fund Planned Parenthood. We don't need to fund PBS or NPR. We don't need to fund Commie Care. If we had the power to stop funding for all this nonsense, we could build a wall on every border in our country and still have money left over.

No, you are blind. Ever since Republicans took leadership of Congress and most of the governorships in states, food stamp spending did decrease. If you don't believe me, look up Maine's food stamp requirements or Georgia.

Not needing a wall is the leftist opinion. We on the right believe the exact opposite. Our border agents side with the Republicans idea of a wall. That's why (for the first time) they actually endorsed a Republican presidential candidate. I think they know more about what we need to control immigration than you do.

Democrats and RINO's are stopping us from spending unnecessary money. We don't need to fund Planned Parenthood. We don't need to fund PBS or NPR. We don't need to fund Commie Care. If we had the power to stop funding for all this nonsense, we could build a wall on every border in our country and still have money left over.

Yes you on the right believe we need to spend more and increase the debt ceiling. If you decreased anything like you claim we wouldn't be increasing the debt ceiling AGAIN. That is reality and I can see it very clearly. Yes the border agents want to make their job easier? Shocking. I keep hearing immigration is already down, we don't need more spending.

Yes you on the right believe we need to spend more and increase the debt ceiling. If you decreased anything like you claim we wouldn't be increasing the debt ceiling AGAIN. That is reality and I can see it very clearly. Yes the border agents want to make their job easier? Shocking. I keep hearing immigration is already down, we don't need more spending.

Yes it is down, but that doesn't mean it stopped. You can never do enough.

Sure it makes the agents job easier, so ask yourself, why would it be easier? Well..... because it makes it harder for illegals to get here.

Debt is something that carries on for years and years and sometimes decades. Some spending now may not be repaid or funded for another 15 years. And then, they (who are in power) will have to increase the debt ceiling again.

If we could remove all Democrat power, we may be able to avoid other debt ceiling increases in the future regardless who is in charge. That's why we need to seriously cut spending today.

A PERFECT example of why PR is necessary in the modern era. There are just too many different political positions to fit into an outdated two party system.

So, what you guys are really saying is Conservatives don't really control all those state houses or the senate or the House?

No. We're saying you only control governorships in 15 states and only have
total legislative control of 5 states.

But you guys constantly tell us about all those RINOs who might as well be liberal Democrats.

Actually, we keep telling you that you've lost over 1,040 seats of
government since Zero took over.

We maybe electing far right folks, tea party folks, moderates, even populists
but nobody except those loons on the West Coast are electing dems.

Nothing personal you understand...but y'all bruise too easily.

Forum List

Back