With Kavanaugh vote, the Senate reaches a historic low in democratic metric

He is to dumb to read a history book

As if you've read ANY book longer or more complex than The Very Hungry Caterpillar or My Pet Goat. :)

242070222_3c66c8ebdf_o.jpg

Says the guy who thinks the Bible is less than 250 years old.

Says the guy who thinks the earth is 5,000 years old and that Jesus rode around on a dino :113:

jesusridesadinosaur.png

Show me where I ever posted that Nostrdumbass?

Oh c'mon now my furry friend. Tell me you don't have one of these on your bathroom wall :D

Zg.jpg
You’re as talented as JoeyB Dolezal at changing the subject.

"To Make Up For Extra Difficult Confirmation Process, Kavanaugh Awarded Two Votes On Supreme Court
WASHINGTON, D.C.—After such an arduous confirmation hearing in which Justice Brett Kavanaugh was accused of sexual assault, gang rape, being an alcoholic, and having a really lame high school yearbook, it has been decided that Kavanaugh will get two votes on the Supreme Court, giving him twice as much sway as any other Justice.

"Yeah, it only seemed fair," said Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer. "I mean, we really razzed him good—especially with the gang rape stuff—but he stuck with it, so I guess he deserves a reward. Two votes seems like the least we can do."

"Plus we now know we can really trust his judgment," add Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein. "After all those FBI investigations, technically he's the now the one person in the country we can be most assured never sexually assaulted anyone."

It's unknown if Kavanaugh has any hard feelings, but he says he'll use his increased sway on the Supreme Court to "uphold an originalist interpretation of the Constitution" and to "take vengeance on my mortal foes."

To Make Up For Extra Difficult Confirmation Process, Kavanaugh Awarded Two Votes On Supreme Court

kavanaugh-democrats-scotus.jpg

The BabylonBee is the best source you've ever given us :)

Working as intended, the Senate was never supposed to represent the population it was intended to represent the interests of the individual States.

"The equality of representation in the Senate is another point, which, being evidently the result of compromise between the opposite pretensions of the large and the small States, does not call for much discussion.

In this spirit it may be remarked, that the equal vote allowed to each state, is at once a constitutional recognition of the portion of sovereignty remaining in the individual states, and an instrument for preserving that residuary sovereignty. . . ." -- James Madison, Federalist 62

We've been through this. The Founding Fathers had no way of knowing that one day there would be a CA, NY, FL or TX that had 40-60 times the population of MT, WY, AK or the Dakotas. Tens of millions of empty acres not being utilized by anyone are not entitled to vote.

Actually It was the differences in state populations that caused the Great Compromise and gave us the Senate -the states house, and the House of Representatives- the people’s house. So they not only knew, but they designed our constitution around the fact. History my friend!

A guy named BuckToothMoron is gonna learn me some history?

:laugh2:
He’s the brother that outsmarted you.

Working as intended, the Senate was never supposed to represent the population it was intended to represent the interests of the individual States.

"The equality of representation in the Senate is another point, which, being evidently the result of compromise between the opposite pretensions of the large and the small States, does not call for much discussion.

In this spirit it may be remarked, that the equal vote allowed to each state, is at once a constitutional recognition of the portion of sovereignty remaining in the individual states, and an instrument for preserving that residuary sovereignty. . . ." -- James Madison, Federalist 62

We've been through this. The Founding Fathers had no way of knowing that one day there would be a CA, NY, FL or TX that had 40-60 times the population of MT, WY, AK or the Dakotas. Tens of millions of empty acres not being utilized by anyone are not entitled to vote.

The Founding Fathers had States that were more populous than others, Doc! You think Vermont in the 1700's had the same population as New York? As Virginia? As Pennsylvania? They set up a system of checks and balances to prevent mob rule and they did so deliberately! I'm constantly amused by how you on the left want to get rid of key elements of our governmental structure simply because you can't win elections.

Never EVER was it 40, 50 or 60 to one. In particular, when the constitution was written.

Really? What was the ratio between North Carolina and Vermont?

The Founding Fathers had States that were more populous than others, Doc! You think Vermont in the 1700's had the same population as New York? As Virginia? As Pennsylvania? They set up a system of checks and balances to prevent mob rule and they did so deliberately! I'm constantly amused by how you on the left want to get rid of key elements of our governmental structure simply because you can't win elections.

Never EVER was it 40, 50 or 60 to one. In particular, when the constitution was written.

Around 4 to one. Little different than 60 to one wouldn't you say?

NY - 340,120
VT - 85,539

1790 United States Census - Wikipedia

We're there kids - Rule by fiat rigged by an autocratic minority. Sad

The disconnect between the United States Senate and the American people has never been greater. If you thought the Senate has gone off its rails, the numbers back you up.

The Senate majority represents a historically low proportion of the country’s population.

Based on a new analysis of Senate votes from 1901 to the present, we found that beginning last year senators voting in the majority represented a historically low proportion of the country’s population.

In yesterday’s vote to confirm Justice Kavanaugh, the 50 senators voting yes represent states covering just 44% of the U.S. population or 143 million Americans. That’s less than a majority, less than the 181 million Americans represented by the senators voting no (you might say the “Senate popular vote”). Yet the nomination was confirmed.​

Dimms effed up badly.

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2018/images/10/08/rel9a.-.kavanaugh.pdf

Independents say Dimms handled it poorly by a 28 point margin.

NY - 340,120
VT - 85,539

Yet it's a HUGE difference and the Founding Fathers were obviously well aware of that fact...correct? So they chose to make the representation in the Senate different than in the House! Why would they do that? Do you think it was an oversight on their part? The truth is that they did what they did so that there would be a check against the States with large populations "bullying" States with smaller populations!

"To Make Up For Extra Difficult Confirmation Process, Kavanaugh Awarded Two Votes On Supreme Court
WASHINGTON, D.C.—After such an arduous confirmation hearing in which Justice Brett Kavanaugh was accused of sexual assault, gang rape, being an alcoholic, and having a really lame high school yearbook, it has been decided that Kavanaugh will get two votes on the Supreme Court, giving him twice as much sway as any other Justice.

"Yeah, it only seemed fair," said Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer. "I mean, we really razzed him good—especially with the gang rape stuff—but he stuck with it, so I guess he deserves a reward. Two votes seems like the least we can do."

"Plus we now know we can really trust his judgment," add Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein. "After all those FBI investigations, technically he's the now the one person in the country we can be most assured never sexually assaulted anyone."

It's unknown if Kavanaugh has any hard feelings, but he says he'll use his increased sway on the Supreme Court to "uphold an originalist interpretation of the Constitution" and to "take vengeance on my mortal foes."

To Make Up For Extra Difficult Confirmation Process, Kavanaugh Awarded Two Votes On Supreme Court

Why do you Leftists default to the use of "us" and "we"???

Why the fear of standing up for yourself, without hiding behind some imaginary mob???

Grow a spine, you wimp.

1. The mob mentality is irresistible to people with a desperate need to be popular, and are perennially afraid of getting a bloody nose on the playground of life. A tell-tale sign is the use of terms like “us” and “we” when they write, or speak…as these pronouns speak of popularity, of membership in the larger group…i.e. the mob.
    1. In fact, an easy way to identify a conservative, is to look for the folks who aren’t afraid to be sneered at by “The Daily Show” and the other temples of the status-anxious. Conservatives are not susceptible to groupthink. Jon Stewart transmits the party line to idiots so they know who to hate. The act of applauding a joke rather than laughing at it is a public gesture that serves no purpose other than assuring everyone that you are part of the group. Coulter
    2. People desperate for a badge of identity are highly susceptible to groupthink, in fierce need of a ‘guide,’ and, so, the “foolish, ignorant, and envious persons are freed from the sense of their insignificance and powerlessness.” Le Bon, “The Crowd: A Study of The Popular Mind,” p.22.

The disconnect between the United States Senate and the American people has never been greater. If you thought the Senate has gone off its rails, the numbers back you up.

The Senate majority represents a historically low proportion of the country’s population.

Based on a new analysis of Senate votes from 1901 to the present, we found that beginning last year senators voting in the majority represented a historically low proportion of the country’s population.

In yesterday’s vote to confirm Justice Kavanaugh, the 50 senators voting yes represent states covering just 44% of the U.S. population or 143 million Americans. That’s less than a majority, less than the 181 million Americans represented by the senators voting no (you might say the “Senate popular vote”). Yet the nomination was confirmed.​

Dimms effed up badly.

Did you even read that poll or just put up a link from whatever alt-R site you were glooming onto? LOL

I'm sure you think Lee drove a hard bargain at Appomattox too.

Why the fear of standing up for yourself, without hiding behind some imaginary mob???

Grow a spine, you wimp.

1. The mob mentality is irresistible to people with a desperate need to be popular, and are perennially afraid of getting a bloody nose on the playground of life. A tell-tale sign is the use of terms like “us” and “we” when they write, or speak…as these pronouns speak of popularity, of membership in the larger group…i.e. the mob.
    1. In fact, an easy way to identify a conservative, is to look for the folks who aren’t afraid to be sneered at by “The Daily Show” and the other temples of the status-anxious. Conservatives are not susceptible to groupthink. Jon Stewart transmits the party line to idiots so they know who to hate. The act of applauding a joke rather than laughing at it is a public gesture that serves no purpose other than assuring everyone that you are part of the group. Coulter
    2. People desperate for a badge of identity are highly susceptible to groupthink, in fierce need of a ‘guide,’ and, so, the “foolish, ignorant, and envious persons are freed from the sense of their insignificance and powerlessness.” Le Bon, “The Crowd: A Study of The Popular Mind,” p.22.

Speaking of imaginary mobs, PC, don't look behind you. LOL

They gave two senators to Rhode Island and Delaware, didn't they?

NY - 340,120
VT - 85,539

Yet it's a HUGE difference and the Founding Fathers were obviously well aware of that fact...correct? So they chose to make the representation in the Senate different than in the House! Why would they do that? Do you think it was an oversight on their part? The truth is that they did what they did so that there would be a check against the States with large populations "bullying" States with smaller populations!

4 to 1 is not 60 to 1. If they'd seen the discrepancy such as we now have between CA and WY they'd never have written it that way. And had the Fathers been able to peak 250 years into the future, they'd have written at least a quarter or a third of the damn thing entirely differently.

Pretending otherwise is pretty dumb

Grow a spine, you wimp.

Speaking of imaginary mobs, PC, don't look behind you. LOL

OMG!!!

A 'so are you' post.

Are you ten years old....or merely mentally so.

Dimms effed up badly.

Did you even read that poll or just put up a link from whatever alt-R site you were glooming onto? LOL

I'm sure you think Lee drove a hard bargain at Appomattox too.

DERP.

It's from CNN.

Did you read the poll?

ALL OF IT?

Do it and then act like a jackass.

Grow a spine, you wimp.

When Sarah Sanders splits, I plan on nominating you as her replacement! :cool-45:

sarahsandersangryleftwingmobss.jpg

NY - 340,120
VT - 85,539

Population doesn't matter ... once again the Senate was designed to represent the interests of the sovereign entities we call the States which are equal under the Constitution regardless of whether or not one State has a billion inhabitants and another has only one.

The constituent components of our Republic are the States, if the founders had followed your logic there wouldn't have been a United States because the smaller states would have never agreed to join it.

Sounds like more Dem Snowflake butthurt. Didn't get their way, therefore everything is 'wrong and unfair.' I really think most Americans are sick of Dem Snowflake whining. It's a 'Little boy who cried Wolf' scenario at this point. It's repetitive and boring. Movin on...

NY - 340,120
VT - 85,539

4 to 1 is not 60 to 1. If they'd seen the discrepancy such as we now have between CA and WY they'd never have written it that way. And had the Fathers been able to peak 250 years into the future, they'd have written at least a quarter or a third of the damn thing entirely differently.

Pretending otherwise is pretty dumb

Actually...wanting to change a system that's worked rather well for 250 years because your side lost an election is pretty dumb. I think the Founding Fathers would be pleased by how well what they conceived has worked so far.

Forum List

Back