Woman hiding with kids shoots intruder

Yeah she was a great shot....with her REVOLVER.

You were saying something about large magazines? :lol:

My point, dumbass, was if she had a Glock and a 15 shot mag that sonofabitch would be DEAD!

Hmm. From over here in the UK the message board displays an extraordinary reaction. Do you people REALLY believe in the death penalty for an opportunistic burgular??

Yes. You break into my home, you die, simple as that. We believe in defending our selves, our family and our property. If you want what I have, earn it.
You actually think this woman should have had more firepower at her disposal????

Wow.
The firepower was sufficient, the ammunition capacity was lacking.
Of course I agree that the burgular needs to be prosecuted and suffer the full penalty of the law - but does that normally involve damaged livers and punctured lungs?
No, it doesn't. That's why we have repeat offenders.
I once came home and discovered my house was being burgaled. This was distressing. But because guns are outlawed in the UK, neither he nor I had one, So his reaction was to panic and flee - but get this - no-one got shot! No-one's life was at risk. I lost a few items (gig deal - its just stuff) and that was it.

I really cannot understand the love of death and the disregard for human life displayed on this message board....

We do not love death or killing. We do love our families and we have worked hard for our possessions. We will do what is necessary to protect them.

My point, dumbass, was if she had a Glock and a 15 shot mag that sonofabitch would be DEAD!

Hmm. From over here in the UK the message board displays an extraordinary reaction. Do you people REALLY believe in the death penalty for an opportunistic burgular??
You actually think this woman should have had more firepower at her disposal????

Wow.

Of course I agree that the burgular needs to be prosecuted and suffer the full penalty of the law - but does that normally involve damaged livers and punctured lungs?

I once came home and discovered my house was being burgaled. This was distressing. But because guns are outlawed in the UK, neither he nor I had one, So his reaction was to panic and flee - but get this - no-one got shot! No-one's life was at risk. I lost a few items (gig deal - its just stuff) and that was it.

I really cannot understand the love of death and the disregard for human life displayed on this message board....

If this mans intention was ONLY "opportunistic burgulary" as you claim why did he look for her in the attic and not RUN if he heard someone home? And this is his 7th arrest in one county since 2008. That is one arrest per year.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;6608418 said:

Wow.

If this mans intention was ONLY "opportunistic burgulary" as you claim why did he look for her in the attic and not RUN if he heard someone home?

Bryllig is mistaken in assuming the intruder was only an opportunistic burglar. Such a burglar would have quickly taken the most valuable things at hand, and gotten out quick. Instead, he hunted down the woman and her children in their hiding place. Do the math.

CaféAuLait;6608418 said:

Wow.

If this mans intention was ONLY "opportunistic burgulary" as you claim why did he look for her in the attic and not RUN if he heard someone home? And this is his 7th arrest in one county since 2008. That is one arrest per year.

Oh come on, everyone knows you keep valuables in the attic.

Liberals will defend Manson if it helped their agenda. They have no moral compass.

CaféAuLait;6608418 said:

Wow.

I'm certain this could have happened anywhere in the US. In the metro Atlanta area from time to time there are a number of break ins and if the option is to call 911--LE might not get there in time.

Not far from this house, perhaps 10-15 miles, a teenage boy returned from school while his house was being robbed and they shot him. It doesn't seem exceptional to me that this woman defended her children. jmo.

That's why you need both. A handgun and a shotgun. :)

Bang!!!

Last edited:
In stories like this, it's frequently (yet, not always) true that what's left out of the story is more relevant that what's in the story. As you probably know, people lie all the time. And people are considerably more likely to lie if and when they have something to hide that could get them in big trouble. So, why is this woman going to hide in the attack when she has a gun? .

Because going hunting is very dangerous.

We have guns and my wife is supposed to lock herself in the bathroom with a gun if there is an intruder.
Yup. Same here. (Only I'm supposed to go in the master bedroom).
It's the master bedroom bathroom.

CaféAuLait;6608418 said:

Wow.

I'm certain this could have happened anywhere in the US. In the metro Atlanta area from time to time there are a number of break ins and if the option is to call 911--LE might not get there in time.

Not far from this house, perhaps 10-15 miles, a teenage boy returned from school while his house was being robbed and they shot him. It doesn't seem exceptional to me that this woman defended her children. jmo.

Actually the kid was killed for his Nike shoe collection. Ya gotta love all those poor, misunderstood gangstas, yanno?

CaféAuLait;6608418 said:

Actually the kid was killed for his Nike shoe collection. Ya gotta love all those poor, misunderstood gangstas, yanno?

Ga. teen found dead in Gwinnett County home | www.ajc.com

Last Christmas the news was the crime spree in the VA Hi area.

Yes--the chances are good that if you choose to burglarize in metro Atlanta there will be those with guns who will not hesitate to use them.

Wow.

Why is it so hard to grasp that self defense is not the death penalty? For one thing, the death penalty requires a trial, all self defense require is that you attack me.

You guys need to read your own links before trying to use them as examples of the need for automatic or semi-automatic weapons or extended mags. The woman used a .38 revolver. Not an AR15. Not an extended mag.

Yes, she used a .38 revolver . . . and after six shots, one in the FACE, he was still walking around, and she had to run away from him with her kids. THAT is why it's an argument in favor of extended magazines.

NO ONE has been talking about automatic weapons except YOU, fucktard, because you appear to be the only person in North America too piss-stupid to realize that they're already ILLEGAL, and have been for a long time.

We all know you're a moron. You don't have to wave it around like a flag.

The fact that your british burlar had no gun and fled, is irrelavent. Had he been carrying a knife, with the intent of raping and murdering you, he wouldn't have fled and you would have been killed. The burglar in this situation, was hunting down the family that hid. If he were simply a burglar, he would have stolen a few items and left. He didn't. He wanted the family. He got what he deserved. I hate thieves and believe all burglars in the act of committing the crime, should be shot.

Wow.

No, we don't believe in the death penalty for an "opportunistic burglar".....If we did, there would be an execution every two minutes or so.

Fact of the matter is, had he not gone into the house in the first place, thereby qualifying himself as an intruder with intentions unknown, he wouldn't be sucking on a ventilator right now.....He has no one to blame but himself.....And if he croaks, that's between he and god.

Who are you........Pierce Morgan?

Forum List

Back