Woman hiding with kids shoots intruder

Shhh... people aren't done politicizing it yet. You're adding logic too soon.

People should learn (from experience if nothing else) that it's important for people to ask relevant questions, especially the police.

For example, I remember a story from a few years ago. A man pulled up to a driveway or a parking lot in his vehicle (a pick-up, I believe) to find his wife apparently desperately exiting a man's vehicle in a state of distress (and in a state of undress). She yelled rape. The husband quite understandably pulled out his gun (which he had a legal right to carry because he had been issued a concealed carry permit) and shot the other man, killing him in the process. It was later discovered that the man who was killed was engaged in a consensual sexual relationship with the wife who apparently panicked when she saw her husband approaching. The woman was later convicted of murder.

Very true. You hear stories like that quite a bit.
IMO, it's too soon for the public to know all the details just yet. I'm willing to wait for more details before I form an opinion on the matter.

But y'all had George Zimmerman convicted before the details came out, didn't you?

You guys need to read your own links before trying to use them as examples of the need for automatic or semi-automatic weapons or extended mags. The woman used a .38 revolver. Not an AR15. Not an extended mag.

Had she had 15 rounds to work with the guy wouldnt have walked away. Hence the need for a higher capacity gun. Or a 44 mag.

What if he were wearing body armor? Should she then be allowed to possess armor-piercing bullets? How about grenades? Where does it stop?

Do you break in to peoples houses and are afraid you might get shot?????? Is that why you like the idea of innocent people having guns????? or are you just a fascist pig?

Last edited:
You guys need to read your own links before trying to use them as examples of the need for automatic or semi-automatic weapons or extended mags. The woman used a .38 revolver. Not an AR15. Not an extended mag.

Had she had 15 rounds to work with the guy wouldnt have walked away. Hence the need for a higher capacity gun. Or a 44 mag.

What if he were wearing body armor? Should she then be allowed to possess armor-piercing bullets? How about grenades? Where does it stop?
Thus the words "shall not be infringed".

Are you seriously telling me that a crowbar is a deadlier weapon than a revolver? :confused:

Sure, in the right hands anything can be a deadly weapon. But in this case, the revolver won. What in the fuck are you nuts bitching about?

God damn, stop being suck a fucking idiot. The woman got lucky because THE ATTACKER ONLY HAD A CROWBAR. IF HE'D BEEN CARRYING A GUN, SHE WOULD BE DEAD RIGHT NOW. At the very least, she would have been seriously injured. Obviously, her six shots didn't disable the attacker. The only reason she didn't get hurt is because she was lucky that he wasn't carrying a weapon.

But she was carrying a weapon. And she and her children are alive. What in the fuck are you people bitching about?

:lol: So now you run away and evade your own destroyed argument.

And any self defense classes (Krav maga, specifically) will train you to to totally incapacitate your attacker before you stop fighting back. If the attacker happens to die, well....

Dead works, especially if he is a man and you are a woman. He will get back up if you leave him alive.
We are taught to make sure they are down for the count, whatever "down" entails.

I remember the scene from Enough where J-Lo kicked the crap out of her ex and he came back for more.

People should learn (from experience if nothing else) that it's important for people to ask relevant questions, especially the police.

For example, I remember a story from a few years ago. A man pulled up to a driveway or a parking lot in his vehicle (a pick-up, I believe) to find his wife apparently desperately exiting a man's vehicle in a state of distress (and in a state of undress). She yelled rape. The husband quite understandably pulled out his gun (which he had a legal right to carry because he had been issued a concealed carry permit) and shot the other man, killing him in the process. It was later discovered that the man who was killed was engaged in a consensual sexual relationship with the wife who apparently panicked when she saw her husband approaching. The woman was later convicted of murder.

Very true. You hear stories like that quite a bit.
IMO, it's too soon for the public to know all the details just yet. I'm willing to wait for more details before I form an opinion on the matter.

But y'all had George Zimmerman convicted before the details came out, didn't you?

Strange how that works, eh? I also loved how he was a "racist WHITE pig" and the selective editing that MSNBC did to try and spin it that way too.

She emptied the revolver hitting him all 6 times and he did not go down, getting the point yet pinhead?

He is just pissy because didn't get the results he was hoping for. He was hoping the intruder had a gun and the intruder shot the mother and child, so he could claim we need to confiscate all guns in the name of the mother and child.

This is a sad day for him.

It's a sad day for you, dumb ass, if you truly believe that's what I was hoping for.

Hey Jose! Do me a favor and check when was the last time I negged you. Appreciate it, guy!

If we allowed physical harm as a form of punishment, how many shots from a .38 would be sufficient punishment for the crime of trespassing with intent to commit grand larceny?

Before you assholes get your panties in a wad....know that I have a loaded .38 stored in a convenient place in my home and would use it if someone broke into my house.

But to say that the firearm was ineffective because the idiot is still breathing is simply warped thinking.

Hey if it was a unborn child you wouldn't being saying that would you?

Dead works, especially if he is a man and you are a woman. He will get back up if you leave him alive.
We are taught to make sure they are down for the count, whatever "down" entails.

I remember the scene from Enough where J-Lo kicked the crap out of her ex and he came back for more.
Yes! In that movie, she was taught krav maga. I've been in training for several years now (off and on, get re-certified each year... just level 1). Rule #1 - take 'em out. Period. She didn't do it.

CaféAuLait;6608045 said:
The revolver saved her life and the life of her children. I'd say it did a pretty good job.

You guys may as well hang this thread up. It has acheived the opposite of what the op intended.

I didn't read anything within the article which led me to believe that the woman or her children's lives were in any danger. There was no statement included by the woman where she claimed that he either threatened them or took any provocative action.

( emphasis added)

Are you serious? Breaking into someone's home with a crowbar means someone intends to do good things? Not to mention the article mentions he was arrested 6 times before in just one county.
It is unfair for you to blame the perpetrator....I mean maybe he was always picked last in sports and had to go to a life of crime to make up for that....This woman should have thanked him for robbing her and maybe raping her or killing her.....She was just selfish and mean!

Not 30 miles from here... and a perfect example of why larger magazines are a good thing.

6 shots, 6 hits and the sonofabitch STILL didn't die!!

Yeah she was a great shot....with her REVOLVER.

"The perpetrator opens that door. Of course, at that time he's staring at her, her two children and a .38 revolver," Chapman told Channel 2’s Kerry Kavanaugh .

You were saying something about large magazines? :lol:

My point, dumbass, was if she had a Glock and a 15 shot mag that sonofabitch would be DEAD!

Hmm. From over here in the UK the message board displays an extraordinary reaction. Do you people REALLY believe in the death penalty for an opportunistic burgular??

You actually think this woman should have had more firepower at her disposal????

Wow.

Of course I agree that the burgular needs to be prosecuted and suffer the full penalty of the law - but does that normally involve damaged livers and punctured lungs?

I once came home and discovered my house was being burgaled. This was distressing. But because guns are outlawed in the UK, neither he nor I had one, So his reaction was to panic and flee - but get this - no-one got shot! No-one's life was at risk. I lost a few items (gig deal - its just stuff) and that was it.

I really cannot understand the love of death and the disregard for human life displayed on this message board....

CaféAuLait;6608045 said:
I didn't read anything within the article which led me to believe that the woman or her children's lives were in any danger. There was no statement included by the woman where she claimed that he either threatened them or took any provocative action.

( emphasis added)

Are you serious? Breaking into someone's home with a crowbar means someone intends to do good things? Not to mention the article mentions he was arrested 6 times before in just one county.
It is unfair for you to blame the perpetrator....I mean maybe he was always picked last in sports and had to go to a life of crime to make up for that....This woman should have thanked him for robbing her and maybe raping her or killing her.....She was just selfish and mean!

Indeed, I wonder if Mustang would have believed his wife and children or loved ones were in danger if this man broke into HIS home with a crowbar while he was at work? Of course his wife and children would have been in NO danger whatsoever. He looks like a pretty big dude.

Paul-Slater.jpg

Cops: Mother of two surprises intruder with five gunshots | www.ajc.com

My point, dumbass, was if she had a Glock and a 15 shot mag that sonofabitch would be DEAD!

Hmm. From over here in the UK the message board displays an extraordinary reaction. Do you people REALLY believe in the death penalty for an opportunistic burgular??

You actually think this woman should have had more firepower at her disposal????

Wow.

Of course I agree that the burgular needs to be prosecuted and suffer the full penalty of the law - but does that normally involve damaged livers and punctured lungs?

I once came home and discovered my house was being burgaled. This was distressing. But because guns are outlawed in the UK, neither he nor I had one, So his reaction was to panic and flee - but get this - no-one got shot! No-one's life was at risk. I lost a few items (gig deal - its just stuff) and that was it.

I really cannot understand the love of death and the disregard for human life displayed on this message board....

I guess he shouldn't break into people houses then should he??????/

CaféAuLait;6608322 said:
CaféAuLait;6608045 said:
( emphasis added)

Indeed, I wonder if Mustang would have believed his wife and children or loved ones were in danger if this man broke into HIS home with a crowbar while he was at work? Of course his wife and children would have been in NO danger whatsoever. He looks like a pretty big dude.

Paul-Slater.jpg

well there is a good thing about the intruder being big....Larger target surface.

Truth does not happen at 24 frames per second.

It seems like much worse happened in real life. Did you hear about that poor woman who was gang raped? She died. She died because her youngest, (a minor) attacker used his bare hands while raping her and disembowel her, with his hands, while she was ALIVE. We have people eating other people’s faces off in Florida, etc. Hollywood might dream up some crazy shit, but crazier shit is happening while we speak.

CaféAuLait;6608347 said:
It seems like much worse happened in real life. Did you hear about that poor woman who was gang raped? She died. She died because her youngest, (a minor) attacker used his bare hands while raping her and disembowel her, with his hands, while she was ALIVE. We have people eating other people’s faces off in Florida, etc. Hollywood might dream up some crazy shit, but crazier shit is happening while we speak.

Quoted for mother fucking truth! I don't care if an intruder is armed with a crow bar, an AK-47, or a box of q-tips. ANYONE who forcefully enters my home is a threat until proven otherwise.

CaféAuLait;6608322 said:
CaféAuLait;6608045 said:
( emphasis added)

Paul-Slater.jpg

Even if something terrible happened, it would be collateral damage for the left and acceptable to them to exploit it.

Wow.

Hey Sport, how do you know what this fuck's intentions were? Robbery, Rape, Murder even?

Wow.

Yes. That woman was completely justified protecting her kids from that scumbag. Give her a medal!

Forum List

Back