Woman hiding with kids shoots intruder

Here is a great question, did the gun she used save her life and those of her children? Did it not do a sufficient job of making sure her family was safe? I will give you the answer, yes it did. Because this man didn't die is hardly a good argument for the need of a high capacity magazine.

Hmm. From over here in the UK the message board displays an extraordinary reaction. Do you people REALLY believe in the death penalty for an opportunistic burgular??

Nobody said that, so get rid of that straw man.

You actually think this woman should have had more firepower at her disposal????

Yes. Don't get me wrong, it's her decision as to what kind of weapon she's going to have. But I would recommend that she look at a semiautomatic pistol with at least 12 round capacity. This woman was lucky. If the intruder had been carrying a gun himself, she would likely have ended up getting seriously injured, if not killed.

Of course I agree that the burgular needs to be prosecuted and suffer the full penalty of the law - but does that normally involve damaged livers and punctured lungs?

Again, nobody said that the justice system should sentence him to a firing squad. His injuries are a result of the fact that he broke into someone's home, and presented a grave risk to the lives of innocent people. Would you prefer that this woman had not been armed, and instead was hit in the skull with his crowbar? Would you rather that she be raped while her two sons watched?

I once came home and discovered my house was being burgaled. This was distressing. But because guns are outlawed in the UK, neither he nor I had one, So his reaction was to panic and flee - but get this - no-one got shot! No-one's life was at risk. I lost a few items (gig deal - its just stuff) and that was it.

You really think that the reason he didn't have a gun is because they are illegal? If he cared about the law in the first place, he wouldn't have broken in at all!

I really cannot understand the love of death and the disregard for human life displayed on this message board....

There is no "love of death" here. What you are seeing is RESPECT for human life. This woman's life, and that of her two children, was in danger. It's absolutely asinine that you would require her to risk the lives of herself and her sons, in favor of this criminal.

Last edited:
Here is a great question, did the gun she used save her life and those of her children? Did it not do a sufficient job of making sure her family was safe? I will give you the answer, yes it did. Because this man didn't die is hardly a good argument for the need of a high capacity magazine.

Would it have been 'enough' if he had been armed with more than a crowbar?

If there were 2 men? or 3?

He is just pissy because didn't get the results he was hoping for. He was hoping the intruder had a gun and the intruder shot the mother and child, so he could claim we need to confiscate all guns in the name of the mother and child.

This is a sad day for him.

It's a sad day for you, dumb ass, if you truly believe that's what I was hoping for.
It is a sad day that we have to listen to your dumbass.

Deeerp

Shutup, retard

If you don't believe in free speech, then go move to N Korea

CaféAuLait;6608418 said:
Hmm. From over here in the UK the message board displays an extraordinary reaction. Do you people REALLY believe in the death penalty for an opportunistic burgular??

You actually think this woman should have had more firepower at her disposal????

Wow.

Of course I agree that the burgular needs to be prosecuted and suffer the full penalty of the law - but does that normally involve damaged livers and punctured lungs?

I once came home and discovered my house was being burgaled. This was distressing. But because guns are outlawed in the UK, neither he nor I had one, So his reaction was to panic and flee - but get this - no-one got shot! No-one's life was at risk. I lost a few items (gig deal - its just stuff) and that was it.

I really cannot understand the love of death and the disregard for human life displayed on this message board....

If this mans intention was ONLY "opportunistic burgulary" as you claim why did he look for her in the attic and not RUN if he heard someone home?

Bryllig is mistaken in assuming the intruder was only an opportunistic burglar. Such a burglar would have quickly taken the most valuable things at hand, and gotten out quick. Instead, he hunted down the woman and her children in their hiding place. Do the math.

math = rape and murder

Yeah, it's interesting that most of the news media remain silent about the numerous cases each year where people use guns to defend themselves and their loved ones against criminals.

Last year a 12-year-old girl used her family's gun to shoot an intruder when the man broke into the house while she was there alone.

12-Year-Old Girl Home Alone Uses Family Gun to Shoot Intruder | Video | TheBlaze.com

Luckily for her, the gun was not locked away and did not have a child safety lock on it, or else she may not have been able to get off a shot.

Another family in California was not so lucky. Thanks to California's gun lock-up law, the 14-year-old daughter, who knew how to use a gun, could not get the family gun to shoot the intruder in her house and the man was able to kill two of the kids before the police could arrive.

8/01 When Gun Safety Locks Kill

Yeah, it's interesting that most of the news media remain silent about the numerous cases each year where people use guns to defend themselves and their loved ones against criminals.

Last year a 12-year-old girl used her family's gun to shoot an intruder when the man broke into the house while she was there alone.

12-Year-Old Girl Home Alone Uses Family Gun to Shoot Intruder | Video | TheBlaze.com

Luckily for her, the gun was not locked away and did not have a child safety lock on it, or else she may not have been able to get off a shot.

Another family in California was not so lucky. Thanks to California's gun lock-up law, the 14-year-old daughter, who knew how to use a gun, could not get the family gun to shoot the intruder in her house and the man was able to kill two of the kids before the police could arrive.

8/01 When Gun Safety Locks Kill

Well at least the gun was safely locked away so it couldn't hurt anyone /sarcasm off

What if there had been two intruders? Do you think emptying your gun into one guy would magically prevent the other one from doing something?

There is the assumption that all the bullets will hit the assailant.

According to police stats only approx. 17-22% of police officers firing their guns in duty hit their target (no I am not looking for the link).

Shooting at a moving target, in low light situations, makes it very hard to hit the target, especially if you add on the high stress.

What would have happened if she missed all six rounds? Now she is completely defenseless.

Also, as Quantum said what happens if there are two intruders? Now she is out of ammo.

Last edited:

What if there had been two intruders? Do you think emptying your gun into one guy would magically prevent the other one from doing something?

You can't have too much ammo. Obviously, liberals don't understand this.

There is the assumption that all the bullets will hit the assailant.

According to police stats only approx. 17-22% of police officers firing their guns in duty hit their target (no I am not looking for the link).

Shooting at a moving target, in low light situations, makes it very hard to hit the target, especially if you add on the high stress.

What would have happened if she missed all six rounds? Now she is completely defenseless.

Also, as Quantum said what happens if there are two intruders? Now she is out of ammo.

Doesn't that totally debunk the National Rampage Associations talking point that we need more guns out there to make us safer?

If trained police officers are only hitting their targets 20% of the time, then it's probably worse for civilians who maybe get out to the range a couple times a year....

Forum List

Back